New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='postaboy']Scored a couple PS3 Official Blu-ray Remote for $2.49. Not bad.

dscn8707.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Dayum ,nice price .

[quote name='postaboy']Scored a couple PS3 Official Blu-ray Remote for $2.49. Not bad.

dscn8707.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Buy any chance did you check the newer model of the remote? Word is that they may have the same UPC.

[quote name='nixmahn']Buy any chance did you check the newer model of the remote? Word is that they may have the same UPC.[/QUOTE]

nah i didn't get the chance too cause i couldn't find any. I know for a fact the newer model is being clearance out at sears though.

Not sure if posted, but the 360 Rockband 3 Bundle with Game & Keyboard is $7.99.

Here is a picture of the receipt:

dscn8809.jpg

[quote name='postaboy']
Not sure if posted, but the 360 Rockband 3 Bundle with Game & Keyboard is $7.99.

Here is a picture of the receipt:

dscn8809.jpg
[/QUOTE]this is worth going my local kmart in Redlands CA. To see if it's at $8.

However, I am 99.99% sure that the store will be cluttered in the electronics dept. and everything in the clearance section be mislabeled. Splatterhouse will still be $29.99 and the 360 keyboard bundle will be $26.99 *rolls eyes*

Unfortunately came across an old Kmart staples this weekend that I hadn't seen in a while -- found a store that had a pile of the rockband + keyboard bundles... but they were coming up as pennied out.

Anything with a clearance sticker on it is worth scanning too. The copy of Dead Space I got for $5 had a yellow $19.99 clearance sticker on it.

[quote name='Dustinator']this is worth going my local kmart in Redlands CA. To see if it's at $8.

However, I am 99.99% sure that the store will be cluttered in the electronics dept. and everything in the clearance section be mislabeled. Splatterhouse will still be $29.99 and the 360 keyboard bundle will be $26.99 *rolls eyes*[/QUOTE]

That's nothing. The Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle (X360) was $59.99...I'll go and check today though. Thanks again.

[quote name='averageguy']I found Alan Wake collectors edition with a clearance sticker of 14.99 here in buffalo,ny[/QUOTE]

Another CAG in Buffalo, Ny!? I'm shocked. Let's tag team these deals, lol. Did you see anything else at that K-mart?

[quote name='averageguy']I found Alan Wake collectors edition with a clearance sticker of 14.99 here in buffalo,ny[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to pick it up? If so, are you willing to part with it? If not, were there any extra copies of it laying around?

If so, PM, I'd be interested! :D

[quote name='Dustinator']this is worth going my local kmart in Redlands CA. To see if it's at $8.

However, I am 99.99% sure that the store will be cluttered in the electronics dept. and everything in the clearance section be mislabeled. Splatterhouse will still be $29.99 and the 360 keyboard bundle will be $26.99 *rolls eyes*[/QUOTE]
That's when Kmart clearance is GREAT, when everything ISN'T labeled correctly. Once stuff gets marked the right prices and put out, then even the casual shoppers start buying shit up. That leads to deals ending quicker than they would if the employees were just lazy and let stuff sit mismarked.

I have never understood why people would want things marked correctly that're clearanced. It's like they want other people to buy stuff before you get a chance to.

[quote name='Waynetid']Singularity is $9.99 for the PS3, not sure on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. very tempting. Last i checked, it was $14.99 for both systems.

I grabbed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness for $6 at lunch today (was stickered at $15).

They didn't have much else. I considered some of the Guitar Hero games (Smash Hits and Metallica) at $6 a piece, but I know I'd never play them.

One of those RB3 keyboard bundles had sat for a very long time...was hoping it was still there. Sadly, I couldn't find it anywhere.

My closest KM was destroyed last year in a flood. The next one over is just... well it's kmart. There's one that's decent driving distance but I don't know if it's worth the $10 in gas for a hope and a prayer of finding anything worthwhile.

[quote name='Romeo']My closest KM was destroyed last year in a flood. The next one over is just... well it's kmart. There's one that's decent driving distance but I don't know if it's worth the $10 in gas for a hope and a prayer of finding anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]
You better be talking about Pittston.:booty: Besides which, fellow CAG shiningslade hit up "my" closest Kmart(Moosic) already and grabbed a buncha stuff. So the Dickson City one might be a better option.

But then you're fucking over CAG user lude21(among other CAG's up that way) since that's the one closest to him.

So like you tell me in regards to me hitting 'your' Target, stay in your area and don't be hitting up MY stores.:booty::razz:;)

FYI: They're shooting for a July 4th re-opening of the Edwardsville store. What is curious to me though is why they don't just demo the whole center and use the rubble from that to build up the area that store is in to perhaps make it higher, since this last flood really destroyed it(the water was up to the Kmart sign just about from what I saw on the news).

Last edited by a moderator:
My trip wasn't a total waste. Picked up No More Heroes 2 for $4.35. They're finally dropping the price on those Keyboard Bundles. I'm looking to snag one of those down the line.

[quote name='nixmahn']Are these clearances YMMV or national? I think I saw was some conflicting prices in this thread.[/QUOTE]
I hope these clearance prices are universal. God knows I hate playing the waiting game anymore at Sears for my two local stores to consider dropping anything to the prices I've seen mentioned here.

Of course, none of this would've happened had clearance just stayed as it was before....well, you know. ;):booty::roll:

[quote name='nixmahn']Are these clearances YMMV or national? I think I saw was some conflicting prices in this thread.[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV. The keyboard bundles rang up $30/$40 respectively while the other store (mentioned in the thread earlier) had them for $7.99.

Never knew the Sears/Kmart clearance glory days. Joined CAG too late. Really hope these are national.

edit: damn could of really used that new PS3 remote.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's YMMV. The keyboard bundles rang up $30/$40 respectively while the other store (mentioned in the thread earlier) had them for $7.99.[/QUOTE]
Ah crap.:bomb: Maybe it's just that they haven't applied the updates at the other store yet? I know when the clearance was universal the updates had to be applied manually most times. It wasn't just a simple update that changed prices automatically.:whistle2:#

All the KMart clearance deals are YMMV.

The two local stores near me are polar opposites. One is fairly clean and never has any good clearance stuff. The other is disgusting with games piled up mindlessly, and the employees always are mingling with people like they're drug dealers, and it's pointless asking them anything.

Picked up. In Johnson City, TN

Ps3 Naruto (something) storm for $6
Psp charger for $2
Psp jeanne d'arc for $4
Wii boy & his blob for $4
Wii no more heroes 2 for $6
Wii disney spectrobes for $6

They had a ton of guitar hero stuff for $4 & $6. Might have to make trips to my regional stores

Saw:

Layton: Curious Village $6
Muramasa $6
Wii Speak $10
Shift 2 (PS3) $17
Epic Mickey - Collectors Edition $40
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time $6

When I was in Kmart last week to buy WM28 on dvd I looked through all of the video games for consoles I own (360/wii).

They hardly had any titles old enough to warrant being clearanced out. And the ones that were had the correct prices marked on them.

I asked an employee if he knew anything about when clearance prices might be switched in the system and he said he didn't know anything about them doing clearance pricing on videogames but was happy to show me the table of GuitarHero/music games on a table that have been in the same spot now for 3 months and actually have dust collecting on them. No one even wants them at the $6.99-14.99 prices.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's YMMV. The keyboard bundles rang up $30/$40 respectively while the other store (mentioned in the thread earlier) had them for $7.99.[/QUOTE]

My store had those for $5 but I picked up the last one last week.

I wish my store had a "check price" scanner near gaming. There's one in toys so I guess I'll just need to start taking some over to check if they've gone down further. The cheapest game that I saw was Lego Rock band for $6.99 and some of the other games match up with the prices being reported so who knows.

Funny thing was that the Rock Band keyboard bundle wouldn't scan at the check price thingy. It just said "check shelf tag" which was $99.99 :lol:. Hopefully the other games will come up without me having to take them to the register.

[quote name='chriscolbert']My store had those for $5 but I picked up the last one last week.

I wish my store had a "check price" scanner near gaming. There's one in toys so I guess I'll just need to start taking some over to check if they've gone down further. The cheapest game that I saw was Lego Rock band for $6.99 and some of the other games match up with the prices being reported so who knows.

Funny thing was that the Rock Band keyboard bundle wouldn't scan at the check price thingy. It just said "check shelf tag" which was $99.99 :lol:. Hopefully the other games will come up without me having to take them to the register.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, lol. The closer scanner is near the beverages which is near the front of the store...so here I am making trips back and forth because the employees are too lazy to scan anything... I'll definitely keep checking back though.

I don't know what's going on with Kmart right now. Mine is slowly going down in prices, but their sales are severely sucking and my Kmart hadn't seen a new game since Mass Effect 3 before yesterday, when we actually got 1 copy of Diablo III, 4 copies of Max Payne 3 for Xbox 360, and 1 copy of MP3 for PS3.

On the clearance note, though, I managed to pick up Bayonetta for $2.40 after the $9.99 clearance price, getting $5 of reward points (not sure how I got them, but I had to use them by the end of the next day) in addition to the $1.50 I already had, and my discount.

My closest Kmart is also closing. I've long given up on B&M clearance. I never find anything in target and sears and I just look in Blockbuster once in a while.

Might have to price check the GoW DS3 combo pack just to be sure. My local Kmart is full of lazy people so I might find some decent scores.

[quote name='Invicta 61']My local Kmart is full of lazy people so I might find some decent scores.[/QUOTE]

You say this as if it's something out of the ordinary.

Just got back, found:

:ps3: Sonic: Unleashed $6
:ds: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 $4

Checked the God of War / DS3 bundle, rang up as $48. Still a little too rich for my blood.

Checked the PS3 keypad, still $29 here.

[quote name='Star_Scream']You say this as if it's something out of the ordinary.[/QUOTE]

Employees out numbered customers today, they were walking around trying to find something to do. I had no problems getting price checks!

I checked today and my local K-Mart had Bayonetta for 29.99, epic Mickey CE for 40 and they did had singularity for ps3 for 6 bucks.

[quote name='chriscolbert']My store had those for $5 but I picked up the last one last week.

Funny thing was that the Rock Band keyboard bundle wouldn't scan at the check price thingy. It just said "check shelf tag" which was $99.99 :lol:. Hopefully the other games will come up without me having to take them to the register.[/QUOTE]

Did they have a tag saying $5.00 or it scanned at that price at the register?

[quote name='Invicta 61']Just got back, found:

:ps3: Sonic: Unleashed $6
:ds: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 $4

Checked the God of War / DS3 bundle, rang up as $48. Still a little too rich for my blood.

Checked the PS3 keypad, still $29 here.

Employees out numbered customers today, they were walking around trying to find something to do. I had no problems getting price checks![/QUOTE]
Nice, gonna see about Sonic: Unleashed tomorrow. $6 seems like a good enough price for that game if I can find it. Was yours marked $6 or did it involve a price check?

What a wierd sale! Stopped by Moorestown again, and most of the same titles from a few weeks ago were still there. $9.99 games dropped to $6.00, and $4.99/6.99 games dropped to $4.00. Resident Evil 4 was $2. Did a few more scans:

Resistance: Fall of Man $10
Uncharted 1 $10
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY $6
Grand Theft Auto IV $6
Prototype $6
Devil May Cry 4 $6
Battlefield: Bad Company $6
Skate 2 $6
Call of Duty: World at War $6
Dragon Age: Origins $6
Fight Night Round 4 $6
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars $6
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time $6
Need for Speed: Shift $6
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground $6
Rainbow Six: Vegas $4
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $4
Unreal Tournament III $4
Fracture $4
Turok $4

Space Invaders Extreme $4

Halo Wars PH $6
Fable II PH $6
Timeshift $6

:ps2:
Ace Combat 5 $6
Bully $6

Picked up Nier for $4 at another store, which had nothing else worth mentioning other than some $6 Guitar Hero titles.

[quote name='deadtrees']What a wierd sale! Stopped by Moorestown again, and most of the same titles from a few weeks ago were still there. $9.99 games dropped to $6.00, and $4.99/6.99 games dropped to $4.00. Resident Evil 4 was $2. Did a few more scans:

Grand Theft Auto IV $6
Prototype $6
Unreal Tournament III $4[/QUOTE]
:pray:Oh please let these prices be in effect at one of my local Kmarts, since I'd gladly pick up the games above for about $30 total. Thing is, I have the 'complete' edition of GTA IV with IV and Episodes on one disc, but anytime you go to load in GTA IV it says the load failed for any save file and then you have to start a new game.

Not that I play the single player anymore, but it's a pita when you're trying to get into MP and have to wait for the opening cutscene/credits to start and then load into the first mission JUST to accept an invite. Hopefully if Rockstar makes DLC side stories like the Episodes for GTA V they go with wholly seperate save files for each game, since sharing the same 10 or so slots for three games has really screwed the pooch on GTAIV and Episodes.:roll:

I've only been to Kmart once since I started this thread, but with all the luck everyone is having with new drops since then, I'll have to make a trip tomorrow afternoon. When I was there last I also saw

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $60
Infamous 2 Hero Edition $60
PS3 BluRay Remote $15
PS3 keypad-thingie $15

:wii:
Epic Mickey CE $40

I'll update tomorrow or the next day with any new finds. If I find even a few items with prices matching what other CAGs have put, I'll be happy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:pray:Oh please let these prices be in effect at one of my local Kmarts, since I'd gladly pick up the games above for about $30 total. Thing is, I have the 'complete' edition of GTA IV with IV and Episodes on one disc, but anytime you go to load in GTA IV it says the load failed for any save file and then you have to start a new game.

Not that I play the single player anymore, but it's a pita when you're trying to get into MP and have to wait for the opening cutscene/credits to start and then load into the first mission JUST to accept an invite. Hopefully if Rockstar makes DLC side stories like the Episodes for GTA V they go with wholly seperate save files for each game, since sharing the same 10 or so slots for three games has really screwed the pooch on GTAIV and Episodes.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'd like a copy of Prototype at that price.. *ahem*

[quote name='deadtrees']What a wierd sale! Stopped by Moorestown again, and most of the same titles from a few weeks ago were still there. $9.99 games dropped to $6.00, and $4.99/6.99 games dropped to $4.00. Resident Evil 4 was $2. Did a few more scans:

Resistance: Fall of Man $10
Uncharted 1 $10
Grand Theft Auto IV $6
Prototype $6
Devil May Cry 4 $6
Skate 2 $6
Call of Duty: World at War $6
Dragon Age: Origins $6
Fight Night Round 4 $6
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars $6
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time $6
Need for Speed: Shift $6
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground $6
Rainbow Six: Vegas $4
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $4
Unreal Tournament III $4
Fracture $4
Turok $4

Space Invaders Extreme $4

Halo Wars PH $6
Fable II PH $6
Timeshift $6

:ps2:
Ace Combat 5 $6
Bully $6

Picked up Nier for $4 at another store, which had nothing else worth mentioning other than some $6 Guitar Hero titles.[/QUOTE]

If those Guitar Hero/Rock Band games drop lower, I might pick them up. Want to add a few to my collection. Metallica, Smash Hits, and possibly Green Day and Lego Rock Band.

I have a kmart like 5 minutes up the street from my apartment, and I really hope the have some of these games. I hate going there though, finding an employee to help is a bit difficult as their electronics section always seems like a ghost town.

Saw a few drops myself:

PS3 and 360 - EA Active 2 - $10
PS3 and 360 - Band Hero - $6
360 - Guitar Hero 2 - $6
Wii - Rock Band 3 keyboard/game bundle - $30
Several other games also dropped to $6, sorry I don't have a more detailed list.

bread's done
Back