New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Nice, gonna see about Sonic: Unleashed tomorrow. $6 seems like a good enough price for that game if I can find it. Was yours marked $6 or did it involve a price check?[/QUOTE]

They were all tagged. Seems they were on top of clearance except for the GoW/DS3 bundle.

I recall a few other things already mentioned:
EA Active 2 for all three systems $10
Epic Mickey paintbrush thingie $15

[quote name='Invicta 61']They were all tagged. Seems they were on top of clearance except for the GoW/DS3 bundle.

I recall a few other things already mentioned:
EA Active 2 for all three systems $10
Epic Mickey paintbrush thingie $15[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks. I have to hit up a GS to renew my PUR sub and the K-mart is right in the same mall so I will take a stop in. Will be hoping to get a $6 prototype or sonic unleashed.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']Here in the Hemet, CA KMART they have copies of Red Faction: Armageddon for 14.99, which is the cheapest I’ve seen it.

Both XBOX and PS3 versions.[/QUOTE]

Good price.

I went to KMart today and the CSR was marking down the clearance games. As mentioned, all the $9.99 games were marked down to $6.00 and all the $4.99 games were marked down to $4.00. There wasn't a ton of games but I did manage to pick up:

All :ps3:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent $4.00
Brutal Legend $4.00
The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian $4.00
Saw $4.00
Singstar Bundle Volume 2 $6.00
Singularity $6.00
Guitar Hero 5 $6.00
Guitar Hero Smash Hits $6.00

I really only wanted Saw, Singularity and the Singstar Bundle but at those prices I couldn't resist the others :bouncy:

And they still had the 360 Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundles. As another poster mentioned, it wouldn't scan on the price checker so I took it up to the front and they tried to charge me the sticker price of $99.99 LOL. I went back to gaming to have the CSR scan it with his price gun but a 1 came up. He said he could sell it for $30.00 :( which was a bummer. I'll probably go again when someone new is working and see if I can get a lower quote LOL.

I've been waiting for Singularity to drop lower than the sticker clearance price of $12.99.

For $6 it is a steal to me. Hopefully it is this price when I go tomorrow!

Just got back from doing a little more shopping. I had a few deals that other CAGs mentioned not scan, but I did pick up:

Bioshock $4 (couldn't price match since it was over a week, so I returned the one from 4/24 still sealed)
Front Mission Evolved $6 (same as above)
Singularity $6

:wii:
Dead Space Extraction $6
No More Heroes 2 $4

I also saw a few of the CEs they had dropped a few cents, namely

:wii:
Epic Mickey CE $40->$39.97

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $60->$49.97
Infamous 2 Hero Edition $60->$59.97

Beyond what I listed, all mine had was quite a few music games, including Rock Band 3, Guitar Hero, and Band Hero for $6 each for each console. I did see

:psp:
Prince of Persia Sands of Time $6

and

Kung-Fu Riders $4

but I passed on them.

Non-game deals included an 8x10 Deus Ex HR "officially licensed" picture for $.99, a third party PSMove charging station for $19.99, a 4-in-1 blu-ray remote for PS3 for $18.00, the Epic Mickey Paint Brush controller thingie for $12.97, a few plain DS cases for $9, and a Rock Band 3 Keyboard Stand for $10.

Scored a bunch of $4/$6 games, but the real score was:

Guitar Hero 5 w/ guitar for $10
and.....
Playstation 2 Silver console for $9.99 - woooooooohooo. Was pennied out and they gave it to me for 90% off original price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You better be talking about Pittston.:booty: Besides which, fellow CAG shiningslade hit up "my" closest Kmart(Moosic) already and grabbed a buncha stuff. So the Dickson City one might be a better option.

But then you're fucking over CAG user lude21(among other CAG's up that way) since that's the one closest to him.

So like you tell me in regards to me hitting 'your' Target, stay in your area and don't be hitting up MY stores.:booty::razz:;)

FYI: They're shooting for a July 4th re-opening of the Edwardsville store. What is curious to me though is why they don't just demo the whole center and use the rubble from that to build up the area that store is in to perhaps make it higher, since this last flood really destroyed it(the water was up to the Kmart sign just about from what I saw on the news).[/QUOTE]
HEY NOW! There's still a LOT to choose from at your store, I only got a few things :) Oh & I forgot to mention that I got a few things at the Pittston store too :p:whistle2:$

[quote name='shiningslade']HEY NOW! There's still a LOT to choose from at your store, I only got a few things :) Oh & I forgot to mention that I got a few things at the Pittston store too :p:whistle2:$[/QUOTE]

When did you go and what did you get? That's a good 20min drive for me and I don't want to waste the trip unless there's a reason to go...

[quote name='Romeo']When did you go and what did you get? That's a good 20min drive for me and I don't want to waste the trip unless there's a reason to go...[/QUOTE]
Hmm, gotta try & remember now! lol I know I got a Dragon Quest V there, Resonance Of Fate, DQ Monsters Joker, Naughty Bear, & Nostalgia. Found my receipt! :) Was there on 5/7.

not that great of a deal........ but i just picked up Heavy Rain- The Directors Cut for 19.99 ....... the sticker said 29.99..... it's the greatest hits (red case) one.... but still... i been wanting to get this game for awhile... hard to say no to 20$ new/directors cut... when i see the normal version used sell for about 20$ on ebay (after shipping)

El Paso TX

:360:
Alpha Protocal $6
Guitar Hero Van Halen $6
Elder Scrolls IV Shivering Isles $6

Dues Ex Photo $.99
Transformers 360 Decal/Skin $1.50

A lot of wii games and ps3 games too. Will check another K-Mart tomorrow.

Stopped at another Kmart on way home - happily got a Scene It bundle for $6. No indication on it at all that it was clearanced, but decided to scan it anyway. Woohoo.

For :ps3:

Got Lego Indiana Jones for $6.00
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection also scanned for $6.00.
Sonic Unleashed also scanned for $6.00
Saw Toy Story 3 MARKED with a yellow $6.00 (didn't scan it).

Also found a Force Unleashed 2 with a yellow $10.00 tag on the outside of a security case. Scanned at $19.99.

Visalia, CA:
The shelves that had a bunch of :360: Rock Band 3 bundles for years are now all empty. :?: I couldn't find them anywhere else. They were $26 each the last time I found them.

The only huge price drop on clearances that I saw were the :ps2: Buzz game & 4 buzzers bundles for either $4 or $6 each.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Scored a bunch of $4/$6 games, but the real score was:

and.....
Playstation 2 Silver console for $9.99 - woooooooohooo. Was pennied out and they gave it to me for 90% off original price.[/QUOTE]
Hot damn. I think one of the Kmart stores here has some PS2's sitting around. Time to check them to be certain.:)
[quote name='shiningslade']HEY NOW! There's still a LOT to choose from at your store, I only got a few things :) Oh & I forgot to mention that I got a few things at the Pittston store too :p:whistle2:$[/QUOTE]
:lol:If those pics you sent me via PM a few years ago are any indication, I can only imagine your definition of 'a few things'. Remember that I was with ya the last time you hit up the local Kmarts and I think were leaving with 5-10 or more items.:booty:

Thanks for the post. Stopped by the Grand Forks, ND and picked up the below. They also had a few other $6 games but nothing that hasn't been mentioned in this post already.

Narnia: Prince Caspian $4
Bakugan: Battle Brawlers $6
Singularity $6

[quote name='Pookymeister']Scored a bunch of $4/$6 games, but the real score was:

and.....
Playstation 2 Silver console for $9.99 - woooooooohooo. Was pennied out and they gave it to me for 90% off original price.[/QUOTE]

Damn what a steal! I'm buy a PS2 for that price.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Anyone know if any of the Cabela's gun bundles dropped, or the Littlebigplanet with the plush toy?[/QUOTE]

They did not as of today unfortunately.

Picked up :ps3: Alpha Protocol for $6.00 today.

[quote name='aspen1284']How about the Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE? Surely that dropped...I hope.[/QUOTE]
rang up for 59.99

[quote name='PublikDefender']Picked up guitar hero 5 & guitar hero van halen (ps3) for $6 each.
Couldn't find singularity ps3 though.[/QUOTE]

If you can't find Singularity, then you're not in a Kmart.

I'm sure this is stating the obvious, but everyone should be aware that in the right set of circumstances, one might be able to turn a small profit by putting these clearance titles towards the gamestop extra $10\20\35 promo. I'm sure that many of you find yourself a game short with your regular trades, so why not invest $6 and get $10 back? Why, it's feasable to gain a profit by just trading in these clearance games by themselves. In fact, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time received a TIV of $6 only 3 days ago!!! So if you found 3 copies, you'd get at least $28 in trades for spending only $18 out of pocket.

(That's what we called "flipping" in the old days.)

Seriously nietz....

That is a scum thing to do. Yesterday I drove around 25mi to two kmarts and can't even find half of the games people mentioned, most likely because of the things you've suggested. And on top of it, to make what, $5-$10??? How old are you, 12?

That is NOT what CAG is about, screwing over your fellow forum members.

[quote name='Romeo']Seriously nietz....

That is a scum thing to do. Yesterday I drove around 25mi to two kmarts and can't even find half of the games people mentioned, most likely because of the things you've suggested. And on top of it, to make what, $5-$10??? How old are you, 12?

That is NOT what CAG is about, screwing over your fellow forum members.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to add to this, except that I agree 10000%

I honestly believe people that exploit and ruin these sales for people that actually want to, you know, play the games they buy... should be banned.

[quote name='Gabrius']Nothing to add to this, except that I agree 10000%

I honestly believe people that exploit and ruin these sales for people that actually want to, you know, play the games they buy... should be banned.[/QUOTE]

I agree but it will never happen.. These people are going through withdrawls seeing the Blockbuster scene dried up and jump on anything they can flip for a dollar...

The whole attitude on this site has changed and its only going to get worse.. :cry:

I laugh when people here complain about Slickdeals... this place is moving in that direction.

All because people can't be happy with just finding a great deal on a game they want.

Final fantasy Crystal chronicals ring of fates marked 9.99

Edit: rang for $6

Also found FF crystal chron. The crystal bearers for wii $6

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']Seriously nietz....

That is NOT what CAG is about, screwing over your fellow forum members.[/QUOTE]
lol what is this carebear bullshit?

first of all, this site is about making cheapyd money, not your made up moral groundings towards flipping games lol.

Second, I make alot more than 5-10 bucks from flipping and it supports my gaming habit
If people really wanted these deals they can get there before me and get it themselves.

I didn't see anyone mention it, but Vanquish (360) is $15 at my K-Mart in KY. They might have a PS3 copy, too, I didn't go through all the PS3 games. That's the cheapest I've seen for a brand new copy, other than eBay. People say it's good...

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']lol what is this carebear bullshit?

first of all, this site is about making cheapyd money, not your made up moral groundings towards flipping games lol.

Second, I make alot more than 5-10 bucks from flipping and it supports my gaming habit
If people really wanted these deals they can get there before me and get it themselves.[/QUOTE]

Fine with me, get in on a game before me, first come first serve. That does NOT mean to buy ten copies of a game to flip them. This site is to get games cheap, not screw other people. That is my moral grounding say you say.

The deals board is for people to SHARE their finds with the rest of the forum, not to lurk and swoop, while keeping everything you personally find to yourself.

Flippers, you may think this site is exists for your benefit only... it's supposed to be a COMMUNITY. What you're doing is helping to ruin it.

Last time I checked, the domain name was cheapassgamer.com, not greedylittleasshole.com

EXAMPLE TIME!

I found the Rockband 3 Keyboard Bundle on clearance 3 months ago @ Kmart for $26. Sure, I could've bought them out, sold the extras on eBay and made a quick hundred bucks.... but do you know what I did instead?

I posted it here.

To a few of you, that makes me an idiot. To the people who's opinions matter a little more to me, it makes me an awesome person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just hoping to find one of those Crack in Time for play.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to check another store.

Good luck to everyone else with their weekend deal hunting.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Anyone know if any of the Cabela's gun bundles dropped, or the Littlebigplanet with the plush toy?[/QUOTE]

Actually I did see one of the big Cabela bundles for $49.97, though I don't know how much it was before nor do I recall which one. It was on a shelf underneath CDs, near the clearance games in my Kmart.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']I didn't see anyone mention it, but Vanquish (360) is $15 at my K-Mart in KY. They might have a PS3 copy, too, I didn't go through all the PS3 games. That's the cheapest I've seen for a brand new copy, other than eBay. People say it's good...[/QUOTE]

PS3 version is $17.99 when I scanned it yesterday.

Picked up :ps3: Sonic Unleashed for $6.00 and :ps3: F1: Formula One Championship Edition today. I just can't say no to a $6.00 game :whistle2:#

Some of the close Kmarts have had pretty good selections over the past couple of weeks, just nothing low enough to really interest me.

Although today I did pick up:

:wii: ATV Quad Kings - $2
:wii: Muramasa - $6
:360: Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle - $12

The keyboard bundle didn't scan at the scanner, it says "check sticker for price" so that one may be YMMV.

I went to the Riverhead Kmart tonight and got Folklore for $6.00(PS3) and the Ultimate Genesis Collection(PS3) for $4.00(tagged for $6.00 but scanned in at $4.00). My big score was Singularity(PS3)-tagged for $14.99 but scanned at $2.99. Sorry-I got the last copy at this location. I saw alot of Singularity for XBox 360 but they were tagged at $6.00 and scanned as such. A couple of them had two different stickers on them though-a $6.00 one and a $4.00 one.

Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition is $50. Both stores near me still have them. I still don't know that it's worth it for that price when most of the content is digital, especially with the Special Edition out.

Also scanned the original version of Witcher 2 on PC, $30. Still too much, though less than the $40 sticker they had on it. I don't know how often they clearance PC games.

bread's done
Back