New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Picked up

No More Heroes 2 $4
Wii Sonic Unleashed $6
Warhawk Headset Bundle $6
Wii Rock Band 2 $4
360 Guitar Hero Metallica $6
Excitebots Trick Racing $6

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14609171@N03/7233652108/ i got Muramasa (Wii) for two weeks ago for $5 it say $8 so i buy it. and was just looking cause was in the area

The Decatur, IL Kmart was disappointing. They did have Wii RB3 keyboard bundles for $30...but I want the 360 version. The EA football training camp thing (Wii) was $10.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Some of the close Kmarts have had pretty good selections over the past couple of weeks, just nothing low enough to really interest me.

Although today I did pick up:

:wii: ATV Quad Kings - $2
:wii: Muramasa - $6
:360: Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle - $12

The keyboard bundle didn't scan at the scanner, it says "check sticker for price" so that one may be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I think I would've bought the R3 Keyboard bundle for that price since my friend is going to buy the game off of me whenever I manage to get one.

I've noticed several people mention getting the :ps3: Ultimate Genesis Collection for around $6, but that is one game that definitely still scans at $19.99 at my Kmart. I know there were a few other games that I scanned that came up higher than the $2-$6 most of these have dropped to, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I just wish there was another Kmart close by.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']The keyboard bundle didn't scan at the scanner, it says "check sticker for price" so that one may be YMMV.[/QUOTE]
When it says that or 'check shelf label' on the scanner, then that means that it's been pennied out in their system. You can always try and ask a knowledgeable employee if they could look up the last price in the system for those items, but that's YMMV as not every employee knows how to run the pricing gun(called the RMU) to check for the last price.

[quote name='Rig']The Decatur, IL Kmart was disappointing. They did have Wii RB3 keyboard bundles for $30...but I want the 360 version. The EA football training camp thing (Wii) was $10.[/QUOTE]

How is the Training Camp thing on Wii?
Is it good? Good workout.
Was thinking of getting it for my Wii.

Got Elder Scrolls Oblivion (XBOX360) for $4 today. Also, saw Lair, Singularity, Front Mission Evolved, Resonance of Fate, Dark Star One: Broken Alliance, and 3D Dot Game Heroes all down to $6. All a mixture of either PS3/XBOX360 or both.

[quote name='abert78160']Got Elder Scrolls Oblivion (XBOX360) for $4 today. Also, saw Lair, Singularity, Front Mission Evolved, Resonance of Fate, Dark Star One: Broken Alliance, and 3D Dot Game Heroes all down to $6. All a mixture of either PS3/XBOX360 or both.[/QUOTE]
Darkstar One is also available at Five Below for $5, if you can't find it at Kmart.

Was just in west Lebanon, NH Kmart.
It only just reopened due to flooding so no clearance.

Didn't see it mentioned, they had Space Marine, 360 only for $14.99 marked.

Good deal!

I had a road trip today so I hit 3 kmarts and found very little. Greensboro NC didn't even have a clearance section and had only one game tagged with yellow sticker and that was An Xmen game for 40 bucks. Winston Salem on Silas Creek had a bunch but is was all 19.99 and scanned as such. Statesville NC I picked up Condemned 2 for 4 bucks and Prince of Persia for 6. No luck on Singularity, Vanquish, or any Lego GAmes which is what I really wanted. If anyone could help me out with those at the 4 to 10 dollar range I would be glad to repay and of course shipping. Thanks

[quote name='abert78160']Got Elder Scrolls Oblivion (XBOX360) for $4 today. Also, saw Lair, Singularity, Front Mission Evolved, Resonance of Fate, Dark Star One: Broken Alliance, and 3D Dot Game Heroes all down to $6. All a mixture of either PS3/XBOX360 or both.[/QUOTE]

which store in DC?

Singularity for $6 is an awesome deal. I really enjoyed that game.

Also, my girlfriend picked me up "Pixel Junk Monsters Deluxe" (it's a tower defense game on PSP) for $9.99 on clearance yesterday.

FYI- The Kmart clearance games are $10 example: Dead Space Wii (not $4-$6)
The EA Football trainging camp is $15
The Sony memory M2 stick is $35.

Kmart still overpriced.

[quote name='The Punisher']FYI- The Kmart clearance games are $10 example: Dead Space Wii (not $4-$6)
The EA Football trainging camp is $15
The Sony memory M2 stick is $35.

Kmart still overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Hence the YMMV. Different stores have different prices.

Well, I hit up some more Kmart's a couple of days ago & found some new titles not mentioned yet :D Here's where & what I found:
Dewitt, NY
:wii: Okami $6
:wii: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $10
:ds: Advance Wars DOR $6
:ds: Fire Emblem SD $6
:ds: DQ IV $6
:ps3: GH Smash Hits $6
:ps3: GH 5 $6
:ps3: Buzz Quiz World $6 (Game Only)

Cortland, NY
:ps3: Singstar Bundle w/mics $6
:ps2: Singstar 90's Bundle w/mics $6
:ps3: Infamous DS3 Bundle $15

Binghamton, NY
:ds: Animal Crossing WW $10
:ds: Castlevania OOE $6 (finally found this!)
:wii: Rooms $4
:wii: Boom Blox Bash $4
:ps3: 3D Dot Heroes
:ps3: Toy Story 3
:ps3: Lego RB $4
:ps3: The Godfather II $6
:ps3: Kung Fu Panda $6
:ps3: Kung Fu Panda 2 $10
:360: Nier $4

[quote name='shiningslade']Well, I hit up some more Kmart's a couple of days ago & found some new titles not mentioned yet :D Here's where & what I found:
Dewitt, NY
:wii: Okami $6 :drool:
:wii: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $10 :drool::drool::drool:
:ds: Advance Wars DOR $6 :drool:
:ds: Fire Emblem SD $6 :drool:
:ds: DQ IV $6 :drool:

Cortland, NY

Binghamton, NY
:360: Nier $4[/QUOTE]
Looks like u found a gold mine !:drool:

Oh, they have PS2 High School something with dance pads for $2.99

[quote name='The Punisher']Looks like u found a gold mine !:drool:[/QUOTE]

Also that Infamous DS3 bundle for $15, want that so bad.

Well I checked mine, all I saw was :ps2:Viewtiful Joe $4.00, heh

Checked out 2 of the stores in my area :(. Best things i saw were GH: Metallica and Trauma Center Under the Knife 2 for 6$.

They also had Vanquish for 15$

Was able to picked up Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Resonance of Fate (PS3), Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, and Fire Emblem for DS, for $9.99 each, not too bad :)

So nobody else found one of these?

f3peo.jpg

Never heard of Overlord: Raising Hell, then again I don't own a PS3, never hard of the game but had to buy it at that price. Best part was, there was $2 in rewards so it was free.

It was the only game I saw for under $4.

My store had a decent selection but the 360 stunk as usual as everyone has them around here.

Off the top of my head, tons of DJ/Band/Guitar Hero stuff for $6 a pop. Rock Band Country Pack (the red one) for $6. You Don't Know Jack for the DS for $6. Saw Okami for $6. No More Heroes 2 for I wanna say $6. MadWorld for $15 (only mentioning it because I know it has a following and it's one to watch as it may drop.)

Also, one random GBA game was there. Sadly, can't remember the name of it. It's in a yellow case with anime sprite looking dudes and from the back it looks like an RPG. Anyway, for years it was $9.99. Then it was $4.99 until the switch. After finding Overlord I was hoping it would be $1 so I could justify buying it, but it was marked down to $4.

Just got back from mine! Thanks for the deals guys :D

I found:
:ps3: Rock Band 2 - $4
:ps3: Sonic Unleashed - $4
:360::ps3: Band Hero - $6
:ds: Trauma Center 2 - $6 or $4, I forgot
:ds: Glory of Hercales - $6 or $4, I forgot

Rock Band 2's song export literally costs two and a half times as much as a new copy of the game now, hahahahaha

[quote name='LouieT']From the SYWR future ad thing:

June 3 to June 9 (that's in 2 weeks):
Assorted Clearance Items: Buy 1 Get 1 50% off
Screenshot of future ad page[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that means Bayonetta will ring at a clearance price looking at the future ad page. My store still has that game marked and ringing up for $29.99.

I'll be on vacation when this starts. Looks like I will get to go in at open to get the best available! Of course the best available will probably be crap by then.

Woah, thats awesome. Hope the giant bin stays untouched here. (Which im sure it will, considering both the K-Marts have tumbleweeds in them)

[quote name='pyoobez']So nobody else found one of these?

f3peo.jpg

Never heard of Overlord: Raising Hell, then again I don't own a PS3, never hard of the game but had to buy it at that price. Best part was, there was $2 in rewards so it was free.

It was the only game I saw for under $4.
[/QUOTE]

Can you post the UPC number?, it looks like one of those value games with a sticker UPC on the back of the case. I am guessing there are other games at that price if it had a value UPC sticker over the original sticker.

[quote name='whitereflection']That seems pretty good. Do you need the SYWR thing? I don't like signing up for crap like that.[/QUOTE]
For that sale, no.

This seems pretty exciting. I hope that a few of the things that haven't dropped in my area drop right when this goes live (C'mon DS3 bundles! I want a blue controller more than I want Uncharted!) Either way, thanks for this info.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Can you post the UPC number?, it looks like one of those value games with a sticker UPC on the back of the case. I am guessing there are other games at that price if it had a value UPC sticker over the original sticker.[/QUOTE]

The receipt doesn't have the 7. And I should probably note that the UPC is stickered over the main game and next to the UPC it says "OUTPOST" instead of Overlord.

EDIT: But yeah, it was value priced. And apparently went through clearance from $14.99 to $9.99 straight to $1.00. I saw quite a few other value price games but a lot weren't marked down at all.

[quote name='shiningslade']Well, I hit up some more Kmart's a couple of days ago & found some new titles not mentioned yet :D Here's where & what I found:
Dewitt, NY

Cortland, NY

Binghamton, NY
:bomb::bomb::bomb: Damn you. At least one of those is my favorite stomping ground when I go outta town for work(DeWitt).

As for the other two, I knew about the one in Binghamton, but had no idea that there was one in Cortland. While you were at the one in Cortland, you should've gone up Route 13(I think it is) to the Ithaca area one. That one is stuck in a time warp and likely had some good stuff.;)

By the way, you missed the one up in Johnson City area(up near Route 17, though that's in front of a game store, so they likely clear it out:bomb:) and you missed the one up in Mattydale that's further up along 81.:booty:

Yes. I know Syracuse(and other parts of NY state) as well as I know my own area.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] While you were at the one in Cortland, you should've gone up Route 13(I think it is) to the Ithaca area one. That one is stuck in a time warp and likely had some good stuff.;)

By the way, you missed the one up in Johnson City area(up near Route 17, though that's in front of a game store, so they likely clear it out:bomb:) and you missed the one up in Mattydale that's further up along 81.:booty:
[/QUOTE]
Naw, Ithaca store closed down a few months ago. It totally was a store that time forgot (even by Kmart standards!), but I never found anything there personally. Wish it was open now, though :( After Ithaca, Mattydale is the closest store to me, and it's nearly an hour away. I recently became a stay-at-home dad, and every day I check this thread, it becomes harder to resist the urge to pack up the kid and the diaper bag and truck all the way out there, just for the faint hope of finding a cheap copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes :p

[quote name='dave auto']Naw, Ithaca store closed down a few months ago. It totally was a store that time forgot (even by Kmart standards!), but I never found anything there personally. Wish it was open now, though :( After Ithaca, Mattydale is the closest store to me, and it's nearly an hour away. I recently became a stay-at-home dad, and every day I check this thread, it becomes harder to resist the urge to pack up the kid and the diaper bag and truck all the way out there, just for the faint hope of finding a cheap copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes :p[/QUOTE]
That sucks.:cry: I think I was at that one last maybe a year ago. I was up in Waverly for an auction and decided to take a trek up there, wholly forgetting that the Sears at the Pyramid Mall(or whatever it's called now) stopped selling games a few years ago.

There is the Kmart in Sayre(PA) right next to Waverly if Mattydale is too far for you. ;)

Saw a DS3 uncharted and GoW bundle at my local Kmart. The electronic dept. employee was to lazy to pull it out glass display case to scan, so I have no idea if it was cheaper then the 59.98 sticker price.Really want the Uncharted one, gonna keep an eye on it.

Got
:ps3:
Megamind - $6
Alpha Protocol - $6
Sonic Unleashed - $6
Hot Shots Out of Bounds - $6
Lucha Libre wrestling - $6
Sonic's ultimate genesis collection - $6
T.V. Superstars - $4

[quote name='pyoobez']814349011647

The receipt doesn't have the 7. And I should probably note that the UPC is stickered over the main game and next to the UPC it says "OUTPOST" instead of Overlord.

EDIT: But yeah, it was value priced. And apparently went through clearance from $14.99 to $9.99 straight to $1.00. I saw quite a few other value price games but a lot weren't marked down at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the UPC

Hadn't seen listed:

Super Street Fighter - $4

Also found an accessory bundle for EA Active 2 for $10 (weights, jump rope, etc.)

I went to a crappy K-Mart today and they still had a lot of older games. :ds: Planet Puzzle League, :360: Guitar Hero 2, and :ds: Rhythm Heaven to name a few. I think another CAG already picked it over though :(

Dewitt, NY

Cortland, NY

Binghamton, NY

That DS3 bundle is definitely a keeper at that price. Good find!

[quote name='dave auto']Naw, Ithaca store closed down a few months ago. It totally was a store that time forgot (even by Kmart standards!), but I never found anything there personally. Wish it was open now, though :( After Ithaca, Mattydale is the closest store to me, and it's nearly an hour away. I recently became a stay-at-home dad, and every day I check this thread, it becomes harder to resist the urge to pack up the kid and the diaper bag and truck all the way out there, just for the faint hope of finding a cheap copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes :p[/QUOTE]

As a stay at home dad myself (just one child, though), I can tell you with absolute certainty that is definitely not worth a 2 hour roundtrip trek with kids in tow to score a cheap copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes!

Not knocking the game, never even played it myself, but Amazon has it for $18 with free shipping and no tax. Considering the cost of gas, and the time and effort required to take multiple children on an out of town shopping trip, I can't see how it would add up. I would kick my feet up, keep trolling CAG, let the kids play with their toys, and order that bad boy online! :D

Found monster hunter tri for $6 (just the game, not the CCP bundle)
And the conduit (1) for $4.

Also bought the official rock band keyboard stand ($10).
Going back for the xbox live starter pack (chat pad, headset, PGR4, 12 months gold). Its at $40, and there is one orange box and one avatar/green/white box.
I hope the orange one has the headset with the mute button on the plug and not in the middle of the cable.

bread's done
Back