New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

At KMart today and finally found a Flingsmash, was labeled $25 but rang up $19. I know it's not as cheap as has been found but still, $50 just for the WIimote Plus so still a great deal.

Also they had a Vita for $129.
I haven't, ever, seen a non-bundled Wiimote + for $50.

thanks for the reply :)..was gonna get it if it was 9.99 but i guess ill wait for the ps3 version to go down in price..
lol, I still have a copy of the misprint from target clearance. I don't think it's going to end up being worth anything though :(

Got Ace Combat Assult Horizon PS3 and The Witcher 2 for PC for $5 each.

The Witcher came with bonus DVD and game guide, not sure if that stuff normally comes with it or something special.

Got Ace Combat Assult Horizon PS3 and The Witcher 2 for PC for $5 each.

The Witcher came with bonus DVD and game guide, not sure if that stuff normally comes with it or something special.
no those whitcher with bonus disc etc are the limited edition version i bought two bought 4.99 each

Was Dragon Quest Monsters a sale or ymmv clearance? There are a stack of them behind a glass case at my Kmart but I wasn't able to get a price check when I swung by there between errands

I got an e-mail for $50 in points when you spend $399.99 at Sears. I guess it would be good if I was going to buy a PS4 otherwise I don't think I would even be close to spending that much at Sears in 1 transaction.

I got an e-mail for $50 in points when you spend $399.99 at Sears. I guess it would be good if I was going to buy a PS4 otherwise I don't think I would even be close to spending that much at Sears in 1 transaction.
true but if you were going to get a PS$ why not just get it from new egg and save 50 on taxes = ) just my tip bit

so I found Pilotwings 3DS today, if anybody is unable to find it in their area and wants to trade, PM me

also (finally) found Kirby Epic Yarn for a 5 spot. Amazingly, there was a dood in the electronics department "helping" a customer (ie, listening to a guy complain about a TV he bought and how he couldn't get it hooked up right)

Finally got to a faraway K-mart that has tons of stock with everything behind glass and nothing re-stickered.

Picked up:

Kid Icarus 3DS $20

Harvest Moon 3DS $3

Warhammer Space Marine 360 $5

Ratatouille DS $1.99

Dragon Quest IX DS $5

Kirby's Epic Yarn Wii $5 (because it was there)

If anyone wants HM,DQIX,or Epic Yarn, I'm up for trading (looking for Spirit Tracks)

Man, seeing some of the finds you guys get makes me a little jealous. 5 out of 6 Kmarts around me closed down and the one open has a third of the games they used to carry. Crappy selection with very little in the way of clearance. Even my Sears has dried up to an endcap of games and they are just a few select new releases, no clearance. So the whole Kmart/Sears company as a whole is non-existent to me as far as games go. I have not bought any games from this company in almost a year when I used to buy clearance/sale games almost every week at either store.

Finally got to a faraway K-mart that has tons of stock with everything behind glass and nothing re-stickered.

Picked up:

Kid Icarus 3DS $20

Harvest Moon 3DS $3

Ratatouille DS $1.99

Dragon Quest IX DS $5

If anyone wants HM,DQIX,or Epic Yarn, I'm up for trading (looking for Spirit Tracks)
Nice haul. Jelly but I have nothing to trade. :whistle2:(

Man, seeing some of the finds you guys get makes me a little jealous. 5 out of 6 Kmarts around me closed down and the one open has a third of the games they used to carry. Crappy selection with very little in the way of clearance. Even my Sears has dried up to an endcap of games and they are just a few select new releases, no clearance. So the whole Kmart/Sears company as a whole is non-existent to me as far as games go. I have not bought any games from this company in almost a year when I used to buy clearance/sale games almost every week at either store.
Don't feel bad. My kmart clearance section is nothing but lego games and games for young girls. Haven't found one good thing there, and I check whenever I'm nearby.

Found LA Noire PS3 for $4.99, Patapon 1-3 PSP for $4.99 each as well. My kmart was a train wreck though. Easily the worst kmart I've been to. The shelves were so barren EVERYWHERE and they only had like two price scanners in the entire store. I'm surprised they're still open. The game selection was pretty ragged. LA Noire was up in front by the registers in that clearance bin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well went to Kmart to return a game I changed my mind on and naturally had to go check the clearance. Nothing had changed but realized that one of the Glee Karaoke was Version 2 and $5 so grabbed that flipperdoodle. Some 3DS Harvest Moons showed up but they were retagged with the value stuff.

There was a big cart of clearance toys up front so wandered into the toy section to see of there was anything else. Apparently all clearance toys are half off the marked price through today. Ended up getting Apples to Apples Junior for $4, a FarmVille card game for $1.50, MegaBlocks WoW dragon for $9, a little MegaBlocks WoW Orc for $2.50 and some baseball pants for my kid for $2.50. If only they had that much good video game clearance.

Went to Kmart and grabbed a couple of games.

:ps3: Rage: Anarchy Edition $0.50 (This one is pennied out in their system so they took the cheapest PS3 clearance and gave it to me for 90% off the sticker price. They asked me if I wanted the rest of them so I got the 3. They were surprisingly cool about it too.)

:360: Child of Eden $4.99

:ps3: Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

I couldn't find any Harvest Moons or Rune Factories sadly, those were the games I wanted the most. 

Oh, I forgot to mention that I had a launch edition Vista scanned the other day and it came up $199.  So probably not that one that was on clearance.

Went to Kmart and grabbed a couple of games.

:ps3: Rage: Anarchy Edition $0.50 (This one is pennied out in their system so they took the cheapest PS3 clearance and gave it to me for 90% off the sticker price. They asked me if I wanted the rest of them so I got the 3. They were surprisingly cool about it too.)

:360: Child of Eden $4.99

:ps3: Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions

I couldn't find any Harvest Moons or Rune Factories sadly, those were the games I wanted the most.
What was the price for Spier-Man?

I saw the Sony Move Sharpshooter on clearance for 9.97. Not a bad deal if you factor in the $3.00 dollars off promo from SYWR points for 6.97 before tax. The promo ends on 1/15/14.

Grabbed

:360: Michael Jackson: The Experience $4.97

:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $4.97

:3ds: Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns $4.97 - there was a clearance sticker for this price (willing to trade)

Wii Messenger Bag $5.00 LINK

Also, saw a Fable III CE for $49.97.

Picked up:

Kid Icarus 3DS $20

Harvest Moon 3DS $3

Ratatouille DS $1.99

Dragon Quest IX DS $5

Which Harvest Moon was it? Tale of two towns?

Which Harvest Moon was it? Tale of two towns?
Oh, right, sorry: Tale of Two Towns. IF you can find a copy of it WITHOUT (very important) the re-applied generic UPC sticker covering the real UPC, it will ring up $3. What I've seen is if it's loose in the trash-bin of games to dig through, it will most likely be re-stickered, but if you find one behind glass on the wall, it should be untainted.

today, I found a Legends of WrestleMania for PS3 at this Kmart that was a wreck with games not in the case, came up "check shelf for price". was all excited, then actually found an employee whom scanned it on a register and it said the same thing. HE went and got some other guy whom had a price gun and said it must have "pennied out"... then scans it and proceeds to explain that it will cost $19.99

I think he was just going to keep it for himself

and then I went to one close by my office to check the price on the MGS HD 360 copy I have been eyeing for a little over a month (wouldn't drop below 14.99). Its back up to 29.99. The copy of TR Collection PS3 I thought was sold ended up in the case (? why is that?) and is still 9.99

I swear, I think I am just going to hold off for a month

Starfox 3D: 8.97

The Witcher 2 (collector's edition?): $5

Popped by my local store yesterday, which had apparently started their closing sale. Grabbed a Starfox 3D for 8.97 which I somehow didn't notice when I bought Kid Icarus last week. I was a little afraid the store closing would reset the prices, but I guess not.

For Milwaukee, WI CAGs: K-Mart in Greenfield and Hales Corners have begun their closing sales. I asked about the markdown schedule, although the clerk just guessed it would be weekly. I was tempted to grab Animal Crossing for $26.25, but I'll see what changes happen next week. Discounts are as follows:

Video games: 25%

Video game systems: 10% (this will not last, I think)

Video game accessories: 15% (might have been 10%)

Books/magazines: 20%

Diapers: 10%

Stationary/writing utensils: 20%

When I heard they were closing 100 stores, I thought for sure my local KMart was going to be on the list. I stopped there today to use some points that were expiring and there were less than 20 cars in the lot when the Walmart down the road has 3 times that many cars in the lot at 2 am. Besides hardly any customers it seemed like everything I picked up and was going to buy was expired or going to be expiring soon. A 12 pack of soda that expired in July 2013, gum by the register that expired in June 2013, some Pop Tarts that expired last month and a different 12 pack of soda that expires in a few days. I ended up buying some batteries that surprisingly have an expiration date of 2016.

Someone mentioned the $3 in surprise points a few days ago and I got that email and purchased a bunch of stuff at Kmart the other day and this is the second time they haven't worked for me. :p

When I heard they were closing 100 stores, I thought for sure my local KMart was going to be on the list. I stopped there today to use some points that were expiring and there were less than 20 cars in the lot when the Walmart down the road has 3 times that many cars in the lot at 2 am. Besides hardly any customers it seemed like everything I picked up and was going to buy was expired or going to be expiring soon. A 12 pack of soda that expired in July 2013, gum by the register that expired in June 2013, some Pop Tarts that expired last month and a different 12 pack of soda that expires in a few days. I ended up buying some batteries that surprisingly have an expiration date of 2016.
Working in a grocery store, this crap drives me up the wall. I had to fill in at another store about a year ago and got pretty damn bored toward the end of my shift, so I started checking product dates. I dug up at least 100 items that were out of date - and that was just one department. WTF man...

Oh, right, sorry: Tale of Two Towns. IF you can find a copy of it WITHOUT (very important) the re-applied generic UPC sticker covering the real UPC, it will ring up $3. What I've seen is if it's loose in the trash-bin of games to dig through, it will most likely be re-stickered, but if you find one behind glass on the wall, it should be untainted.
I don't think this game was ever patched to fix the constant lag and freezing issues, but you can't go very wrong for that price. The digital version may have fixed these issues.

Is there a list of the stores that will be closing anywhere?  Googling only turns up outdated lists from early 2013 or even years prior.

EDIT: I found a site from the Sears Holding Corp realty division which indicates various closed stores or stores with leasing opportunities in or around the sites

so I went looking for... something today.

Couldn't find anything good, but there was a copy of Warhammer that had been there for 3 months. So I grabbed it and a bunch of stuff to go price scan. It came up 5 everything else was a bust. was just gonna put it back, but then as I walked back I saw the huge bin with the stickered games. figured I should take a look and found a copy of Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks for 9.97

so I grabbed it and Warhammer :D/

also, I have a question about the "check shelf for price" thing. so, if I scan a game and it says that BUT there is a sticker that says 19.99, would they then be required to charge the price on the sticker?

bread's done
Back