New PS2 Drops at CC B&M? $16.96 Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga III, and Grandia III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgamer1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just like the title says.

I just saw about 3-5 copies each of Grandia III, Xenosaga III, and Tales of Legendia in the clearance bin at Circuit City, stickered at $16.96

IMHO, Circuit City is about the only major chain that has regular (consistant), reliable (nationwide) clearances.

Would someone be willing and able to start an "official" clearance thread? There are a lot of deals that I've seen there that never seem to be mentioned on CAG (for example I've also seen Lost Magic NDS for $16.96).

Any CAG CC employees out there?

My CC had a couple more ToL, Grandia and Xeno III if anyone wants it. I'll be glad to pick it up and sell it at cost + shipping.

Austin circuit city in sunset valley has tons of ToL, at least one Grandia, and may be out of Xenosaga(it took me a while to find one and I quit looking when I found it).

[quote name='bill123']Well damn you guys beat me too it I've spent the last day or 2 goin through our system to pull up all the clearance games. It seems like these went into effect on the 1st of March. Don't know if the op wants to add these to the main list or not but here's all that I came by:

DS

Barbie: 12 Dancing Princesses
Bionicle Heroes
Bubble Bobble Revolution

Cartoon Network Racing
Contact
Dragon Quest Heroes
Eragon
Flushed away

Full Metal Alchemist Dual Sympathy
Garfield: Tale of two Kitties
Ice Age 2
Justice League
Legend of Spyro
Pheonix Wright: (1st one)
Pokemon Trozie

Xbox 360

Full Auto
NBA Live 2006
Tger Woods 2006

Playstation 2

Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Barnyard
Chicken Little: Ace in the Hole
Commandos: Strike Force
Fifa Soccer 06
Fifa World Cup 06
Full Spectrum Warriors: Ten Hammers
DBZ: Budokai 3
Gran Turismo 3
Jak 3
Need for Speed Underground
Sims Bustin Out
Sly 2
Socom 2
Godfather Coll. Ed
Grandia III
Hitman: Blood Money
Just Cause
Kimpossible:Whats the
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Med\gaman X Mega Collection
MLB 2K6
MLB 2006
MLB Slugfest 2006Monster Rancher EVO
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Pro Stroke Golf 07
Reservoir Dogs
Spartan: Total Warrior
Tales of Legendia
Xenosaga IIINow this list is by no way complete as I went searching for these drops and not a list from corporate so there may be more out there.

My store does have a good number of these right now and may be willing to hunt down a couple for trades if anyone wants just PM me.[/quote]I can confirm the ones I bolded above are at the store in my area as well.

I also saw:
Infected - PSP $16.96
Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins - PSP $16.96
Metal Gear Acid - PSP $12.96 (Comp USA near me has this for $9.99l)
Metal Gear Acid 2 - PSP $16.96 (Best Buy near me has it for $14.99)
King Kong - 360 $16.96
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance - PS2 16.96 (Only was 1 left)
Road Rash Jailbreak - GBA $12,96 (boxes were in bad shape)
Konami Arcade Advance - GBA $16.96
Fire Emblem - GBA $14.99 (Easter Packaging)
The Getaway - PS2 $16.96
Alien Hominid - PS2 (Didn't see a price but was in the $16.96 bin)
Bust a Move - PSP $16.96

There were honestly a lot of other titles as well, pretty sure I saw both a Over the Hedge and Open Season for DS but can't remember exactly what they were.

[quote name='fairtrade']michael000: I can comment that CC in the Woodlands had probably 2 copies of Xenosaga III left. I forgot to look for the other stuff.[/quote]

I was actually at that store around 5:30 :lol:. Guess i should have clarified, none of the stores had Grandia or ToL. Those were the 2 i was looking for, thanks for the heads up though.

Snagged Grandia 3 (last copy), Onimusha: DoD (last copy), and Phoenix Wright. I am interested in a copy of Contact, if anyone has extras. Please PM me!

Picked up Grandia III at $16.96, but they wouldn't budge on Tales of Legendia at $39.95. They asked me where I saw the $16.96 price and I told them it was from CC (not their website). Still wouldn't give me that price though. Argh.

And Alien Hominid is $12 in the bargain bin.....I was hoping they would do a "Buy 2 get 1 Free" Deal but no dice

[quote name='robbart914']Regardless, I wholeheartedly recommend XSIII. Don't regret paying $40 for it for a second, and I outright hated the first 2. In fact, if not for having to play the first two to get the full enjoyment out of it, it would be my pick for RPG of this generation. Hands down. Still my favorite of them regardless.[/quote]
Your opinion has me intrigued because I absolutely hated Xenosaga I. It was among some of the most boring and pretentious drivel I'd ever seen, and served as the final nail in the coffin to my RPG days until DQVIII resurrected my love. It made me feel like I bought the Xenogears Perfect Works book for nothing! I've all but ignored Xenosaga II and III since then. Guess I'll have to check reviews on this third one now...

secured a copy of Contact (much to my fiancee's glee :D), Scurge Hive, Tales of Legendia, and Xenosaga III... alas there was no Grandia III to be had. I'm going to check another location tomorrow on my lunch. many thanks to the OP and all other contributors. :applause:

Able to grab my wants!
There were still a couple of grandia III, Onimushas, Xenosagas, Contact & Rocket slime left. - could pick some up if anyone was interested....

ALSO add DRAKENGARD 2 to the list!!!

[quote name='guyinga']Picked up Grandia III at $16.96, but they wouldn't budge on Tales of Legendia at $39.95. They asked me where I saw the $16.96 price and I told them it was from CC (not their website). Still wouldn't give me that price though. Argh.[/QUOTE]
Did you ask them to scan the barcode first? If the price came up $16.96 then it should be sold at that price.

Picked up Contact, Resident Evil DS, Phoenix Wright, and Pokemon Trozei in North Haven, CT. Picked up a few other items and used a $15 off $100 as well.

I read about a bug Bubble bobble revolution has where at level 30, it's impossible to pass it because the boss is completely off screen.

Anyone know if that has already been fixed in the recent batch of the game's production?

Guess there's some stuff off the trade list :p

BTW, I read about a bug Bubble bobble revolution has where at level 30, it's impossible to pass it because the boss is completely off screen.

Anyone know if that has already been fixed in the recent batch of the game's production?

Picked up Xenosaga 3 and Tales, going to go back tomorrow and pick up a copy of contact since I am getting a gps unit there. Might grab Pokemon Trozei aswell......anyone know if that Full Metal game is any good?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Guess there's some stuff off the trade list :p

BTW, I read about a bug Bubble bobble revolution has where at level 30, it's impossible to pass it because the boss is completely off screen.

Anyone know if that has already been fixed in the recent batch of the game's production?[/quote]
LOL haha are you making fun of Mike??

- yea have new stuff on the TL.
however
DRAKENGARD 2 is another game need to be added in this CLEARANCE SALE - $17.00 only!

[quote name='theflicker']Picked up Contact, Resident Evil DS, Phoenix Wright, and Pokemon Trozei in North Haven, CT. Picked up a few other items and used a $15 off $100 as well.[/quote]

I asked my store if they had 15 of 100s...was this a print out or an actual one that hasn't expired...could you possible get some more? I am sure tons of CAGS would love you if you could mail out some!

[quote name='guynextshore']LOL haha are you making fun of Mike??

- yea have new stuff on the TL.
however
DRAKENGARD 2 is another game need to be added in this CLEARANCE SALE - $17.00 only![/quote]

Haha, maybe...:p

I'mma drop you a PM

[quote name='fairtrade']Sweet, I picked up Xenosaga III at CC and then found a different version at BB w/ a hologram cover and the same UPC. Time to pull a switcheroonie. ;)[/quote]
I'm surprised your BB still had it. That's the lenticular cover edition that came only in the initial batch.

[quote name='fairtrade']Sweet, I picked up Xenosaga III at CC and then found a different version at BB w/ a hologram cover and the same UPC. Time to pull a switcheroonie. ;)

michael000: I can comment that CC in the Woodlands had probably 2 copies of Xenosaga III left. I forgot to look for the other stuff.[/quote]

Oh dude, grab me one! Seriously, get me the BB version!!!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh dude, grab me one! Seriously, get me the BB version!!![/quote]

What?
What is this lenticular cover edition?! - Only best buy has this version??!

Pretty much it was a BB exclusive and made me buy it at full price. For a 10 cent lenticular cover I bought a 40 dollar game. I could'nt wait till it price dropped.:cry:

[quote name='napmaster']LOCATION: CC @ Burlington, MA[/quote]Holla, napmaster. I used to work out in Burlington.

[quote name='Clue']Fire Emblem - GBA $14.99 (Easter Packaging)[/quote]Is this FE or FE Sacred Stones? FESS is nothing exciting for that price, but I think the first (US) Fire Emblem game is hard to find these days.

I gots to hit CC soon. Rocket Slime is a possible buy for $17. Pokemon Trozie I'd like to get, but not for over $10.

Thanks for consolidating the more recent CC drops into this thread, guys.

[quote name='guynextshore']What?
What is this lenticular cover edition?! - Only best buy has this version??![/quote] There were 3 different preorder bonuses when XSIII was released:

Best Buy: special lenticular cover - it's just a lenticlar onsert placed on top of the regular cover. It's alterating image of Kos-Mos and T-elos :hot:

source

EB/GS: Art book

32003189275880800qg1.jpg

Game Crazy: huge, life-size poster of T-Elos :hot:

052rb0.jpg

Hm. If it weren't such a hassle to go find copies of Xeno3 at CC to trade in at BB, I think I saw several more with the special cover today, too. Sorry, guys.

[quote name='eau']There were 3 different preorder bonuses when XSIII was released:

Best Buy: special lenticular cover - it's just a lenticlar onsert placed on top of the regular cover.

source

EB/GS: Art book.

Game Crazy: huge, life-size poster of T-Elos.[/quote]

Yup, that's a bad ass cover. Of Course, I'd like all three bonuses :D

I'd like them...:'(

[quote name='guinaevere']Holla, napmaster. I used to work out in Burlington.

Is this FE or FE Sacred Stones? FESS is nothing exciting for that price, but I think the first (US) Fire Emblem game is hard to find these days.
[/quote]

If it's the same ones I saw at my CC in Easter packaging, it's Sacred Stones. My CC had 4-5 of them in that packaging.

[quote name='Clue']I can confirm the ones I bolded above are at the store in my area as well.

I also saw:
Infected - PSP $16.96
Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins - PSP $16.96
Metal Gear Acid - PSP $12.96 (Comp USA near me has this for $9.99l)
Metal Gear Acid 2 - PSP $16.96 (Best Buy near me has it for $14.99)
King Kong - 360 $16.96
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance - PS2 16.96 (Only was 1 left)
Road Rash Jailbreak - GBA $12,96 (boxes were in bad shape)
Konami Arcade Advance - GBA $16.96
Fire Emblem - GBA $14.99 (Easter Packaging)
The Getaway - PS2 $16.96
Alien Hominid - PS2 (Didn't see a price but was in the $16.96 bin)
Bust a Move - PSP $16.96

There were honestly a lot of other titles as well, pretty sure I saw both a Over the Hedge and Open Season for DS but can't remember exactly what they were.

I'd be willing to pick up any for people if you're hunting for them.

Also if anyone could find either Mega Man X Collection - PS2 or Contact - DS I'd be willing to buy or trade for them.[/QUOTE]
Alien Hominid is $12.99. The Getaway should be $5.96.

[quote name='eau']There were 3 different preorder bonuses when XSIII was released:

Best Buy: special lenticular cover - it's just a lenticlar onsert placed on top of the regular cover. It's alterating image of Kos-Mos and T-elos :hot:

source

32003189275880800qg1.jpg

052rb0.jpg
[/quote]

OoOOO.
I may have to stop @ BB to check this out!! Thanks for the visuals!!!

[quote name='ricoraney']Alien Hominid is $12.99. The Getaway should be $5.96.[/quote] didn't price check getaway just saw it in there with the $17 tag though I'm sure it's been in there a while so you're probally right

(in reference to Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hey, that actually sounds kinda fun and....tank battles?!?! they have tanks?!?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they have huge tanks. The items you've collected in the levels drop down chutes inside your tank; you have to run around your tank, pick them up, take them to the top of your tank, and throw them into your cannons to launch them at the enemy. Once the enemy tank is down to 0 HP, you get out of your tank and run (well, hop) across to the enemy tank, go inside, and destroy the power core. It can get pretty frantic, but there's a bit of strategy in deciding which items you want to use in your tank (there's a limit to how many items you can have as your tank ammo); some heal your tank or have other effects, while some are faster and some do more damage.

Here's a good screenshot of it.

source

32003189275880800qg1.jpg

052rb0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

oooo, purrrty. Does BB carry the regular cover too? Cuz if so, switching it out might not be a bad idea, as others have said.

I also recall seeing one store w/ the regular cover. Not like it matters, though, the UPC is the same and it's highly unlikely that anyone will notice. Even if they do, what recourse do they have?

[quote name='Zmonkay']oooo, purrrty. Does BB carry the regular cover too? Cuz if so, switching it out might not be a bad idea, as others have said.[/quote]

No Grandia III for me :cry:

Ironically I saw several Xenosaga III's, but I don't want that game. I did pick up Onimusha Dawn of Dreams (also $16.96)

No Xenosaga's at the West Madison CC, but I did pick up Contact and DQ: RS.

That should take care of my DS RPG needs for a while.

Picked up the Last copy of contact in fort wayne
They had 1 more copy of xenosaga 3
they had 5 copies of dragon warrior
they had 7 copies of ace att. part 1
they had 1 copy of tales of syn.

this was at 11am today

might return contact and just try to grab it off goozex

Has anybody seen a Godfather: Collector's Edition at their CC? I went to one today and couldn't find it. Gonna check one more, but not expecting much.

Picked up what seemed to be the last copy of Xenosaga III at the Manalapan, NJ CC. They had a bunch of other games in a bin. I saw a few copies of Tales of Legendia left.

[quote name='kevzik']I asked my store if they had 15 of 100s...was this a print out or an actual one that hasn't expired...could you possible get some more? I am sure tons of CAGS would love you if you could mail out some![/QUOTE]

It came with my Discover credit card statement, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back