New PS2 Drops at CC B&M? $16.96 Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga III, and Grandia III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgamer1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just like the title says.

I just saw about 3-5 copies each of Grandia III, Xenosaga III, and Tales of Legendia in the clearance bin at Circuit City, stickered at $16.96

IMHO, Circuit City is about the only major chain that has regular (consistant), reliable (nationwide) clearances.

Would someone be willing and able to start an "official" clearance thread? There are a lot of deals that I've seen there that never seem to be mentioned on CAG (for example I've also seen Lost Magic NDS for $16.96).

Any CAG CC employees out there?

I found the sole copy of XS3 at the South County, MO CC. No sign of Contact, though they said it might be at another CC, so that's a stop on the way home.

And speaking of coupons, I had a $10 of $50 or more coupon show up as a direct mailing from CC a couple of months back. Had a 02/28/07 expiration on it.

I'm sure Xenosaga 3 will eventually drop to $9.99 like the first two at some point but I couldn't resist the chance to complete the trilogy and picked up ToL for good measure. Now if I can only find the time to even play them, I haven't even played through the first Xenosaga.

[quote name='dopa345']I'm sure Xenosaga 3 will eventually drop to $9.99 like the first two at some point but I couldn't resist the chance to complete the trilogy and picked up ToL for good measure. Now if I can only find the time to even play them, I haven't even played through the first Xenosaga.[/quote]

Where can you get XenoSaga 1 & 2 for $9.99 each?

XS 2 I saw a few copies at bestbuy 14.99 use the coupon 9.99 after. I'm not sure where to find XS 1 for that cheap...

Thanks OP. Found all three titles I was looking for after going to 3 different CCs. Only found 1 copy of Grandia III among the three stores. Tales of Legendia and Xenosaga III were more plentiful.

Saugus, MA CC has 1 XSIII, 1 ToL left.
Somerville, MA CC has several copies of ToL
South Bay CC has several copies of XSIII

Lol, just when I needed to spend more money...

I picked up:
Onimusha: DoD - $17
Tales of Legendia - $17
Xenosaga III - $17
GTA: Vice City Stories - $15 (I know it ain't clearance but a hell of a price!)

The guy I asked to check the prices for me was angry he didn't know about this clearance. I also felt bad because I got the last copies of all those except GTA.

Got Xenosaga III today to finish the triology. I forgot how Xenosaga II ended since it was awhile ago, so I'll probably go back and replay the ending to refresh my memory.

Contact and ToL are sooo tempting, but I already ordered stuff from Amazon this weekend, thanks to CAG >:eek:. I need to check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='sabo']man, you guys must have money cuz 18 dollars after tax per game sounds like weak sauce to me. once these drop more i'll probably check them out. i do appreciate the info though, thanks OP and everyone else.
[/QUOTE]

Well, at least for me, it's not that i'm wealthy as much as it is timing. Face it, these games are being clearanced -- and most stores have wiped their stock already. With the new consoles taking up space, it's only a matter of time before ps2, xbox, and gamecube games are offshelves entirely. I doubt any store is ordering much more of these titles, beyond the budget/GH games.

I just don't want to be stuck without them, or having to buy scratched up merchandise off ebay.

got extra contract and Tales of Legendia for trade. Might also be able to get 1 grandia 3 and Drakengard 2.
Want: Tales of the abyss, Metal Gear Solid 3 Substance, and maybe onimusha DoD

Hey All,

My store has a couple of each as of right now but I don't know how it will be after this weekend so if your lookin for something specific then drop me a PM and we might be able to work out a deal.

bill123

Good thing I bought XSIII yesterday because i just went back today and there weren't any copies left. There were still 3 copies of Tales of Legendia though.

CC in Burlington, MA

I decided to buy XS I at GameStop for $9.99 used. I couldn't find it new for cheap.

[quote name='psunami']No Xenosaga's at the West Madison CC, but I did pick up Contact and DQ: RS.

That should take care of my DS RPG needs for a while.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last Xenosaga III there yesterday. No Grandia III"s to be found unfortunately.

Can pick up a Xenosaga III and/or Tales of Legendia for anyone who's interested (sorry no Grandia III). Forgot to check for Contact. Would prefer to trade for Godfather (collector's edition) straight up, but will sell if wanted.

I scored last copy Tales of Legendia & Xenosaga 3. Also, saw last copy Drakengard 2 too, but i out of cash. Thought i go back next week & pickup it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I scored last copy Tales of Legendia & Xenosaga 3. Also, saw last copy Drakengard 2 too, but i out of cash. Thought i go back next week & pickup it.[/quote]

Or just go to best buy and use the $5.00 off coupon. I think the normal price for drakengard is 19.99 there.

Grabbed the last copy of Onimusha DoD and -- the last copy of Kim Possible WtS. Yes, I'm one of those closet Kim Possible fans; this game has been impossible to find for under $18 anywhere :) Thanks, OP.

I got Xenosaga III and Tales of Legendia. Just a testament on how great this site is, I now have the entire Xenogears/Xenosaga series and spent less than $50 total for all of them new.

[quote name='dopa345']I got Xenosaga III and Tales of Legendia. Just a testament on how great this site is, I now have the entire Xenogears/Xenosaga series and spent less than $50 total for all of them new.[/quote]
Yeah me too and I have all three guides from penny guides and trades. Not bragging just saying this site kicks butt.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Yeah me too and I have all three guides from penny guides and trades. Not bragging just saying this site kicks butt.

Side note- Anyone want to trade me a Grandia 3 for a Xenosaga 3? I have all three Grandia guides and Grandia 1 & 2 and need 3 to complete that trilogy as well![/QUOTE]
if you can get your hands on the Best Buy version of Xenosaga 3 I will trade it for Grandia 3.

Decided to go ahead and pick up an extra of Contact, Tales of Legendia, and Xenosaga III for anyone who's interested in them. I'll ship at cost + shipping + fees= $21

[quote name='Warner1281']Has anybody seen a Godfather: Collector's Edition at their CC? [/quote]For which system? My local BB may still have a copy left for the xbox. Cost plus paypal fees plus shipping plus gas = $18.

went to my local Circuitcity today and pickec up 5 games (3NDS and 2 PS2). My local CC is in Egg Harbor TWP NJ 08234. They still have a lof of these games on sale in stock(except Xenosaga 3,I picked up the last one). Don't bother with the price on label. bring them out to cashier and their price will be $16.96. These games are not in clearance bin. they're on the shelf like the other games.
Will come back to buy more.

dsc02403qd3.jpg

[quote name='pete5883']*Glares at still-sealed, $34.99 copy of Contact sitting on shelf, bought because Atlus games "never" go on clearance* :roll:[/quote]

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens?? :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Can one play and enjoy XS III without playing I and II? I am a huge fan of Xenogears and was extremely hyped when I heard about Xenosaga coming out years back, but reviews from people I trust caused me to avoid XS I and II to this day. I picked up XS III at this price for trading leverage, but am considering keeping it if I don't have to suffer through the first two episodes.

I scored Contact and ToL at CC near me in queens. I didn't realize FMA was also discounted, though I don' think I would have gotten it for that price.

I haven't played XS3 yet, but I would imagine it is in your best interest to play 1 and 2 first, since it develops the characters a bit. There is an encyclopedia with summaries of past events though. 1 and 2 were great games IMO.

[quote name='ricoraney']Grandia III is $10 at TRU. It's been $10 for quite some time now. Oh by the way, I can confirm these prices. I picked up Tales and Xenosaga III today.[/quote]

I picked up all 3 today. I told the checkout clerk that I was going to head over to TRU to see if they had Grandia III for $10 first and she just went ahead and rung it up for $10 so thanks. :applause:

I picked up the last copy of ToL but there were still 2 of the others in Lafayette, In.

[quote name='dklayn']Can one play and enjoy XS III without playing I and II? I am a huge fan of Xenogears and was extremely hyped when I heard about Xenosaga coming out years back, but reviews from people I trust caused me to avoid XS I and II to this day. I picked up XS III at this price for trading leverage, but am considering keeping it if I don't have to suffer through the first two episodes.[/quote]
Just google and you'll find plenty of info about XS I & II. Make sure you do some study about I and II before playing III so that you know the characters first and the story background.

Picked up a copy of Drakengard 2 & Contact this afternoon.

First come, first served. With taxes, paypal fees & shipping, $22 via Paypal for either one.

My CC has five copies of grandia 3, two xenosaga and a few rocket slime...

They are still marked with the old price, so they may be there for some time.

[quote name='CaoPi']XS 2 I saw a few copies at bestbuy 14.99 use the coupon 9.99 after. I'm not sure where to find XS 1 for that cheap...[/QUOTE]
It's $9.99 used at Gamestop. It's just a matter of finding one complete and in decent condition.

Went out with some friends and we were able to score the majority of things we wanted tonight:

Xenosaga III
Monster Rancher EVO
Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins
Contact
Rocket Slime
Onimusha: Dawn of Souls
Phoenix Wright

[quote name='cecilvaliant']damn, CC near me sold out (laguna hills/lake forest, across from laguna hills mall in so cali.) anyone got any extras =][/quote]specifics would help. What are you looking for?

Thanks for the list! I was able to get my main want, Contact, for $16.96!

Surprisingly, they had six copies of Contact! If anybody needs one, it would cost me $16.96 + $1.40 tax + $1.97 postage + $0.55 mailer + $0.60 delivery confirmation = $21.43 then PayPal would take another $1.50 or so making the cost $22.93 just to ship it. Kind of kills the savings when you tack on all the extra costs associated with it! How do other CAGs manage to sell for $20 shipped as I've seen offered? That doesn't even break even.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Thanks for the list! I was able to get my main want, Contact, for $16.96!

Surprisingly, they had six copies of Contact! If anybody needs one, it would cost me $16.96 + $1.40 tax + $1.97 postage + $0.55 mailer + $0.60 delivery confirmation = $21.43 then PayPal would take another $1.50 or so making the cost $22.93 just to ship it. Kind of kills the savings when you tack on all the extra costs associated with it! How do other CAGs manage to sell for $20 shipped as I've seen offered? That doesn't even break even.[/quote]

which CAGs are selling it for 20 shipped? I'd jumped on this as I don't want to drive around and end up empty handed!

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Questions. Which Phoenix Wright has dropped in price? Also will prices drop any lower for these games?[/quote] As I believe was mentioned already:
PW is Ace Attorney, the first DS title
Price drops may happen but because CC most likely won't get more stock of these items, there won't be any games left to drop in price. This is probably as good as it gets.

I checked back at the new CC in North Austin yesterday and they still had copies of Grandia III, Xenosaga III, and ToL. I just picked up Grandia III but there was at least 2 more copies. I also picked up the last copy of Phoenix Wright and Onimusha.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']As I believe was mentioned already:
PW is Ace Attorney, the first DS title
Price drops may happen but because CC most likely won't get more stock of these items, there won't be any games left to drop in price. This is probably as good as it gets.[/quote]

I'm sure if some CC's, like my own, don't mark the clearance prices and it doesn't sell, prices will drop further.

[quote name='CaoPi']which CAGs are selling it for 20 shipped? I'd jumped on this as I don't want to drive around and end up empty handed![/quote]

I'm selling for $21 shipped and I believe Guenaviera is selling for $21 or $22 shipped as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back