New PS2 Drops at CC B&M? $16.96 Tales of Legendia, Xenosaga III, and Grandia III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgamer1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just like the title says.

I just saw about 3-5 copies each of Grandia III, Xenosaga III, and Tales of Legendia in the clearance bin at Circuit City, stickered at $16.96

IMHO, Circuit City is about the only major chain that has regular (consistant), reliable (nationwide) clearances.

Would someone be willing and able to start an "official" clearance thread? There are a lot of deals that I've seen there that never seem to be mentioned on CAG (for example I've also seen Lost Magic NDS for $16.96).

Any CAG CC employees out there?

Grandia 3 is great, not so much for the story, but for the battle system as always.
I rented XSIII for a few weeks from gamesnflix couldn't really get into it, but the battle system seemed a little tighter than the 2nd. Anyways great finds, will pick these up for my collection.

Maybe this is from an older price drop, but I also picked up Monster Rancher Evo and Untold Legends II Warriors Code both at 16.96. They were in the cheap bin.

Xenosaga III is $15 at Gamerush/Blockbuster.

This latest batch of $16.96 games has a lot of potential once they hit $8.96. I'll be picking up a big stack of DS games at that price:

Justice League Heroes
Dragon Quest
Pokemon Trozei
Cartoon Network Racing
Probably a couple others

[quote name='Inf^Shini'][Sarcasm]Oh hell yea, definitely picking up Kim Possible, Chicken little, and Bionicle Heroes! What a deal![/Sarcasm][/QUOTE]

don't know about the rest, but kim possible is actually a pretty decent platformer.

I was almost pissed about Xenosaga dropping in price, when I remembered that I purchased it from blockbuster a few days earlier for 15 (1/2 of $30) :)

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is a good, light-hearted action-RPG. You have to go through the levels and free your slime friends. Along the way, you collect items to be used as ammo for the tank battles, which are pretty fun. You can also find recipes that will allow you to combine items to make new items, so there's an incentive to replay the levels to get more items.[/quote]

Hey, that actually sounds kinda fun and....tank battles?!?! they have tanks?!?

Tales of Legendia just sucks, I wouldn't recommend that game to anyone.

Grandia III is at least playable, even if it is the laziest Grandia of them all (does Xtreme count?).

[quote name='shrike4242']Nice to see XS3 finally made it down to a cheaper price. Time to swing by CC and see if they have it.[/quote]

don't forget pricegrabber $5 =]

Dragon Quest Rocket Slime is awesome. I can not say enough good things about it. If you look past the kiddiness, you will find a truly well-thought out and remarkable game.

Got Grandia III, Xenosaga III and Rocket Slime. Been looking for Grandia III for a while. Thanks, OP.

Picked up Xenosaga III for $17 something. Yes, that is with tax.

1x Xenosaga III left
4x Tales of Legendia left

I wonder what other games are $16.96. I wish CC had price scanners for people to use instead of annoying the hell out of the employees by telling them to scan every game.

I have never played Xenosaga. Do you guys recommend I play the first two before this one? Are they closely connected?

CC had Xenosaga I and it was $14.99. Not sure if that is a good price.

Want to add the Valkyrie Profile (PS2) IS NOT part of the sale. Xeno 3 for 18 after tax, and then the 5 dollar Price Grabber rebate is a steal though

[quote name='Zmonkay']Want to add the Valkyrie Profile (PS2) IS NOT part of the sale. Xeno 3 for 18 after tax, and then the 5 dollar Price Grabber rebate is a steal though[/quote]

Noob question, where can I get this $5 off coupon I hear about so often?

Grandia 3 is absolutely awful.....please don't buy it. It's about 30 hours long, and the first 10 hours aren't great, but they'll leave you thinking that at least maybe all the bad reviews were somewhat exaggerated. The middle 10 hours are terrible though. You'll keep thinking things will improve, but the game keeps getting worse and worse. By the time you realize it just isn't going to get any better, you're already 20 hours in, and you'll want to quit, but you'll be stuck finishing out the game since it's too late to give up.

I wish someone had been able to convince me the game was awful before I played it so I could get that part of my life back....now all I can do is try to help those who haven't been victimized by it yet. By the way, I loved Grandia 1 and Grandia 2, but this horrible game just doesn't compare. It has one of the worst stories I've ever seen in an RPG, and hands down the most annoying characters.

[quote name='Nutts']I can also confirm that Contact for the DS is 16.96 as I picked that up today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll be stopping by Circuit City later now... I can live without a bunch of PS2 RPG's which seem to be dropping to sub $20 everywhere, but not this.

Almost thought I could skip this sale completely, but I guess not ;)

Hmm... Well, I bought Tales, Xenosaga III, and Grandia III, but I may decide to return Grandia & Tales after reading this thread a little more thoroughly.

[quote name='JCDenton']Grandia 3 is absolutely awful.....please don't buy it. It's about 30 hours long, and the first 10 hours aren't great, but they'll leave you thinking that at least maybe all the bad reviews were somewhat exaggerated. The middle 10 hours are terrible though. You'll keep thinking things will improve, but the game keeps getting worse and worse. By the time you realize it just isn't going to get any better, you're already 20 hours in, and you'll want to quit, but you'll be stuck finishing out the game since it's too late to give up.

I wish someone had been able to convince me the game was awful before I played it so I could get that part of my life back....now all I can do is try to help those who haven't been victimized by it yet. By the way, I loved Grandia 1 and Grandia 2, but this horrible game just doesn't compare. It has one of the worst stories I've ever seen in an RPG, and hands down the most annoying characters.[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to think we might have similar tastes, going by your username :D

I didn't even like Grandia 1 though, so...

I am wondering how the battle engine is in this. I normally don't like overly complex (to me just randomly complex) turn based systems, and prefer something more straight forward (ala Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy 1-10).

I will at least look for Contact. I haven't payed too much attention to it, but I recall it seemed unusual (in an interesting way).

[quote name='Nutts']I can also confirm that Contact for the DS is 16.96 as I picked that up today.[/quote]

Oh sweetness, I was staring at this game at CC for awhile, wondering if it would ever get cheaper...and yay! It happened!

Well damn you guys beat me too it I've spent the last day or 2 goin through our system to pull up all the clearance games. It seems like these went into effect on the 1st of March. Don't know if the op wants to add these to the main list or not but here's all that I came by:

DS

Barbie: 12 Dancing Princesses
Bionicle Heroes
Bubble Bobble Revolution
Cartoon Network Racing
Contact
Dragon Quest Heroes
Eragon
Flushed away
Full Metal Alchemist Dual Sympathy
Garfield: Tale of two Kitties
Ice Age 2
Justice League
Legend of Spyro
Pheonix Wright: (1st one)
Pokemon Trozei

Xbox 360

Full Auto
NBA Live 2006
Tiger Woods 2006

Playstation 2

Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Barnyard
Chicken Little: Ace in the Hole
Commandos: Strike Force
Fifa Soccer 06
Fifa World Cup 06
Full Spectrum Warriors: Ten Hammers
DBZ: Budokai 3
Gran Turismo 3
Jak 3
Need for Speed Underground
Sims Bustin Out
Sly 2
Socom 2
Godfather Coll. Ed
Grandia III
Hitman: Blood Money
Just Cause
Kimpossible:Whats the
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Megaman X Mega Collection
MLB 2K6
MLB 2006
MLB Slugfest 2006
Monster Rancher EVO
MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Pro Stroke Golf 07
Reservoir Dogs
Spartan: Total Warrior
Tales of Legendia
Xenosaga III

Now this list is by no way complete as I went searching for these drops and not a list from corporate so there may be more out there.

My store does have a good number of these right now and may be willing to hunt down a couple for trades if anyone wants just PM me.

man, you guys must have money cuz 18 dollars after tax per game sounds like weak sauce to me. once these drop more i'll probably check them out. i do appreciate the info though, thanks OP and everyone else.

on a side note, i really love the battle system in grandia where you can see where your turn is coming and everyone (including enemies) share that same time bar. too bad grandia 3 story sucks from what i've heard on here.

Once again, CC offers 16.96 games that would be interesting to me at $8.96, but as of right now...pass. Any chance these will drop in price? The last lot of 16.96 games didn't seem to drop any further than that if I remember correctly.

[quote name='sabo']man, you guys must have money cuz 18 dollars after tax per game sounds like weak sauce to me. once these drop more i'll probably check them out. i do appreciate the info though, thanks OP and everyone else.

on a side note, i really love the battle system in grandia where you can see where your turn is coming and everyone (including enemies) share that same time bar. too bad grandia 3 story sucks from what i've heard on here.[/QUOTE]

Yea, $17 is a little much, but I doubt my CC will get anymore of these in stock. They only had 2 of legendia when I went there, so that's why I picked it up.

[quote name='lvgamer1']Just like the title says.

I just saw about 3-5 copies each of Grandia III, Xenosaga III, and Tales of Legendia in the clearance bin at Circuit City, stickered at $16.96

IMHO, Circuit City is about the only major chain that has regular (consistant), reliable (nationwide) clearances.

Would someone be willing and able to start an "official" clearance thread? There are a lot of deals that I've seen there that never seem to be mentioned on CAG (for example I've also seen Lost Magic NDS for $16.96).

Any CAG CC employees out there?[/quote]
Grandia III is $10 at TRU. It's been $10 for quite some time now. Oh by the way, I can confirm these prices. I picked up Tales and Xenosaga III today.

All the stores were out of stock in my area (Houston), what a shock. No luck on the big Best Buy sale last week or this one lol.

Sweet, I picked up Xenosaga III at CC and then found a different version at BB w/ a hologram cover and the same UPC. Time to pull a switcheroonie. ;)

michael000: I can comment that CC in the Woodlands had probably 2 copies of Xenosaga III left. I forgot to look for the other stuff.

These rpgs won't get cheap........as in $8.96 cheap for a while. Xenosaga I (new) @ cc and Sears is still $14.99. If anyone found it cheaper elsewhere, please let me know.

I managed to pick up a Xenosaga I non-GH about 2 months ago at Wal-Mart of all places for $9.99. Good luck w/ that one, though.

Heh, that reminds me, I picked up a new copy of Ikaruga for GC at that store for $14.99 about 3 months ago, too. That had to be my greatest Wal-Mart moment ever.

[quote name='napmaster']These rpgs won't get cheap........as in $8.96 cheap for a while. Xenosaga I @ cc and Sears is still $14.99. If anyone found it cheaper elsewhere, please let me know.[/quote]

18 bucks for an RPG is a steal if you actually play it nowadays. 40+ hours for less than 20 bones is always good. Not to mention some people like to replay them. And there's a shitload of them out there. More than any gamer even has the time to play.

But we're arguing semantics. Regardless, I wholeheartedly recommend XSIII. Don't regret paying $40 for it for a second, and I outright hated the first 2. In fact, if not for having to play the first two to get the full enjoyment out of it, it would be my pick for RPG of this generation. Hands down. Still my favorite of them regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back