Ninja Blade (360) $4.99 new/$3.99 Used|Too Human & Vampire Rain $1.99 NEW at Gamestop

MetalMegaGio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CGlade']My brother's wife is a DM for GameStop. Yet she still knows them as an evil empire. Just something to think about. They treat their employees like utter shit.

I will say in my area most of the guys are really great people. And provide excellent customer service. So it is the coorporation not the employees.

Just my $0.02.

Back to the reg scheduled thread :)[/QUOTE]

For sure. I have also had employees get a game shipped to the store for me or give me leftover preorder bonuses from the stores near my home. If I ever have a problem with one I just stop going there. With so many gamestops you're bound to find a good one near you.

Picked up Ninja Blade and Too Human, both complete. I went to the register first and asked the guy if they had any, he searched both and said "Nope, I don't have either." He then takes a look over at the wall behind me and spots a Too Human despite what his system says, I snatch it. I then decide to walk the wall to see if Ninja Blade is there as well. Sure enough there's a used Ninja Blade right there, I take it up to the register and he proceeds to tell me he cannot sell it to me. "Someone actually called a head and had me hold that for them, I just forgot to go get it. Sorry, I can't sell it to you."

So I go looking again and found a "new" Ninja Blade. This new copy's case was smashed and broke in the corner. I brought it up, explained the damage, and asked if he could give me the used price for it as it was only right. Hesitantly he agreed due to their system lying to me about them not having any copies, and not because of the case damage. I couldn't use the 20% used coupon on it tho due to it still ringing up a "new" copy.

This isn't the gamestop I usually deal with, but it was the nearest one at the time.

[quote name='confoosious']Look, just because there are stupid customers or that gamestop employs people doesn't mean gamestop gutting games and acting like it's normal is defensible.

One does not necessitate the other.[/QUOTE]

Gutted games are what they are. You can buy them or pass on them. It is called capitalism. GameStop can do whatever the fuck they want. Don't like it, don't buy it.

What people need to get over is demanding $1.99 games to be in pristine condition. For god's sake, they are $1.99. Stop bitching.

[quote name='oasisboy']Gutted games are what they are. You can buy them or pass on them. It is called capitalism. GameStop can do whatever the fuck they want. Don't like it, don't buy it.

What people need to get over is demanding new games to be in pristine condition. For god's sake, they are new. Stop bitching.[/QUOTE]

You tell them!

[quote name='oasisboy']Gutted games are what they are. You can buy them or pass on them. It is called capitalism. GameStop can do whatever the fuck they want. Don't like it, don't buy it.

What people need to get over is demanding $1.99 games to be in pristine condition. For god's sake, they are $1.99. Stop bitching.[/QUOTE]

I don't demand 1.99 games to be in pristine condition. I expect that NEW games be sealed regardless of the price of the game. Why is that so hard to comprehend for you?

Oh because gamestop at one point employed you? How does that change a single thing in logical terms?

Anyone here know how to convince a Gamestop store to do an item transfer to another location? The manager told me their store doesn't do that. I know Gamestop does do it. Am I SOL or could I try to go higher up the food chain?

The store I went to had 5 new copies of too human. All gutted....now GS is just messing with me on purpose...FINE open a game and gut it for the floor...but FIVE gutted copies!? Why the eff would anyone want to gut FIVE copies of a game...I swear GS...come on...

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Anyone here know how to convince a Gamestop store to do an item transfer to another location? The manager told me their store doesn't do that. I know Gamestop does do it. Am I SOL or could I try to go higher up the food chain?[/QUOTE]

Answer: Try another GS. Its honestly up to the managers discretion whether it can be done or not...so if the manager says he doesnt want to do it...he doesnt want to do it...

What people need to get over is demanding $1.99 games to be in pristine condition. For god's sake, they are $1.99. Stop bitching.[/QUOTE]

You know that part of "do[ing] whatever the fuck [one] want" is criticizing a business, right? Why are you trying to silence people? "Bitching" is what drives the market to innovate, not that I find your jejune grasp of "capitalism" impressive. Face it, the video game market is shit and it just gets shittier and shittier because people don't speak up about it and people like you tell the few who do to shut the fuck up. Sorry, I don't feel like getting fucked in the ass by any company, completely regardless of whether they cut you a paycheck in the past or not.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']You know that part of "do[ing] whatever the fuck [one] want" is criticizing a business, right? Why are you trying to silence people? "Bitching" is what drives the market to innovate, not that I find your jejune grasp of "capitalism" impressive. Face it, the video game market is shit and it just gets shittier and shittier because people don't speak up about it and people like you tell the few who do to shut the fuck up. Sorry, I don't feel like getting fucked in the ass by any company, completely regardless of whether they cut you a paycheck in the past or not.[/QUOTE]

all i see is fuck fuck fuck

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Anyone here know how to convince a Gamestop store to do an item transfer to another location? The manager told me their store doesn't do that. I know Gamestop does do it. Am I SOL or could I try to go higher up the food chain?[/QUOTE]

these posts will get deleted probably, but getting a $1.99 game transferred :drool:
I buy games to play them eventually ;)

I finally got around to picking up the copy of Shadowrun I had held. Not only gutted, but generic box art in a shitty, beat up generic case. For 2.99, I took it anyways. I stopped at another GS on the way home and found a "new" copy with a proper case. I was in a hurry, so I didn't check it out until I got home.

Copy #1: I was able to slip the disc out without breaking the "seal" and the thing has scratched to shit, I'd be shocked if it even works. You better believe I'm returning it tomorrow.

Copy #2: No manual, disc is scratched to shit, the spine of the art has a Gamestop sticker stuck to it and the kid working didn't put a seal on the case, so returning it is going to be a bitch...

I bet if I would've just picked up a used copy, it would have been in better condition and complete.

For $2.99, I was't expecting perfection, but I'd at least expect good condition AND everything that's supposed to go with it...

My copies of Vampire Rain and Too Human were gutted, but complete and in very good condition, however.

I hit a couple of GS on the way home and was able to get sealed copies of Vampire Rain and Red Faction Armageddon. I also got 'new' copies of Ninja Blade, Too Human and Metroid - other M. All three were opened, but are literally in new condition believe it or not, AND complete - with the exception of Too Human, which is missing the manual.

[quote name='merchie89']these posts will get deleted probably, but getting a $1.99 game transferred :drool:
I buy games to play them eventually ;)[/QUOTE]

I have my logic. It's hard to find sealed, and if I drive to that location to pick it up, the spent gas will more than surpass the value of the game. Essentially making me pay close to the original price for it.

If they transfer it to my local GS I can just walk and will truly get it for the $1.99 price. When you are a CAG, you look for every angle to make/save a buck.

i want ninja blade, cause the gameplay in the demo was fun, but quick time events, UUUUGH! there was so much in the demo alone. and i wish that was the ps3 version of vampire rain, i woulda got it.

Went to GS on my lunch break and scored Too Human. It was gutted, both new copies available, however, the new cases were nasty.

I found a very good case (mainly no artwork damage) in the preowned section, asked the guy to swap out cases if I bought it new, got a pristine disc, crisp manual, and a decent case without any hassle. Very pleased! Now to find the other 3 360 titles...

I managed to get a sealed copy of ninja blade too human and vampires rain. I bought 1 other vampires rain to play and another ninja blade to play also. Got 3 more copies of too human all in perfect condition with manuals I needed the cases and figured might as well grabem

[quote name='confoosious']1. I don't demand 1.99 games to be in pristine condition. I expect that NEW games be sealed regardless of the price of the game. Why is that so hard to comprehend for you?

2. Oh because gamestop at one point employed you? How does that change a single thing in logical terms?[/QUOTE]

1. Your expectation of NEW is valid. Point is for $1.99 lets not expect the world and demand it. If you want a perfectly sealed new copy then pay $10 at Best Buy or Amazon. If this was a sale from a closing Blockbuster people would have been bragging how they "scored" one of these games for $1.99

2. Just think logically for a second. You are getting a game for $1.99 that at one point retailed for $59.99. Just think about that.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']The store I went to had 5 new copies of too human. All gutted....now GS is just messing with me on purpose...FINE open a game and gut it for the floor...but FIVE gutted copies!? Why the eff would anyone want to gut FIVE copies of a game...I swear GS...come on...[/QUOTE]

I have an explanation for that. GameStop Corp most likely bought these games from blockbuster, best buy or some other retailer who wanted to dump them. As part of the agreement, the retailer selling the copies gutted them and then sold them to GameStop. Then, GameStop sells them to you. That is why all the copies are gutted.

So its Ninja Blade, Vampire Rain, Red Faction: Guerilla, and Too Human for around $12 used? Im probably gonna go used if I can get complete ones, because if I change my mind I can take them back this week

[quote name='Gosha']Is Ninja blade any good?[/QUOTE]

absolutely yes. It is a game made for people who enjoy video games in a very arcadey kind of way.

it really is a shame it didn't catch on more. it is not perfect (the last boss is a good example) and there are QTEs so if that isn't you bag then you might not be happy. but I really really really liked it. goofy, fast, exciting game

what you need is a dictionary, bookmarked to the highlighted entry for the definition of "New". Then look up "Sealed".

seriously, I know customers can be jerks and that as a former employee you want to have that heard. but honestly, that is a dishonest business practice that you cannot deny. period.

can't fuck the facts on that one buddy:roll:

edit- PLEASE don't come back on some "its capitalism" shit for me. its like a blue pill for poli sci degree, and this is not the forum for such debate. k?

[quote name='Gosha']Is Ninja blade any good?[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely say so. It may not be as well polished as the first Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) was, but the combat feels pretty responsive and there's some impressive boss battles. There are numerous quicktime events throughout the game but their timing is actually somewhat forgiving. If you're not playing for rank then you'll breeze through most of the QTEs on your first try.

The only part I really disliked is when the game tries to become a shooter. In certain parts of the game your ninja is forced to man a turret. Those occasional sequences really feel out of place with the rest of the game. Other than that I had a ton of fun with the game.

[quote name='oasisboy']I have an explanation for that. GameStop Corp most likely bought these games from blockbuster, best buy or some other retailer who wanted to dump them. As part of the agreement, the retailer selling the copies gutted them and then sold them to GameStop. Then, GameStop sells them to you. That is why all the copies are gutted.[/QUOTE]

That's not our problem.

When a company says "NEW" as the description, it should be sealed if sealed was the state that it was in when it was NEW.

Don't give me this "gutted is how they bought it so gutted is how you get it."

That's fine and dandy but if ANYONE bought 5 copies of a gutted game and tried to sell them on ebay or amazon as new, that would never fly. If you bought a game listed as New on ebay and it came to you in the horrific shape that some Gamestop "NEW" games are in, you'd be ok with that? Bullshit.

But just because GS employed you, then it's ok?

Obviously, your complete GS fanboyism (didn't even realize there was such a thing) is clouding your understanding of descriptors in product condition. Everyone else in the retail world plays by one set of rules but GS gets to play by another and you're defending it? o..... k

GS can do what ever shit they like to their new games because people still buy them. I am sure if a class action can be put against their practice, then one would have been done years ago. If you think what they do is BS, then dont buy their gutted games, that way, you dont feed the problem.

I found my Ninja Blade used, with the 20% coupon I paid $3.19 inc tax.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='CGlade']
It's as simple as that for me. As I do not support a huge majority of gamestops practices I simply do not shop there except on very rare occasions. (Xenoblade)[/QUOTE]

Wait a second...you don't shop at Gamestop because you don't approve of their business practices and want to make sure that the majority of your purchase goes to the publisher. Yet when presented with the option of buying a new game in one of two ways, either from Gamestop or directly from the publisher in the case of Xenoblade, you opted for Gamestop? I think I'm missing something.

Round and round, round we go. Round and round, round we go. Still down with the Underground.

Thanks op. Picked up Vampire Rain. I'll give any game a shot for $2.

[quote name='MasaTFC']what you need is a dictionary, bookmarked to the highlighted entry for the definition of "New". Then look up "Sealed".

seriously, I know customers can be jerks and that as a former employee you want to have that heard. but honestly, that is a dishonest business practice that you cannot deny. period.

can't fuck the facts on that one buddy:roll:

edit- PLEASE don't come back on some "its capitalism" shit for me. its like a blue pill for poli sci degree, and this is not the forum for such debate. k?[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked GameStop advertised these games as new. I never saw anything referring to sealed. Dishonest practice you say? Where are the fines? Where are the lawsuits? Before you google "GameStop lawsuit", there have been some for their used games (which went nowhere) but nothing about their new games.

What gets me time and time again is all this bitching and complaining about the company but when cheap games come along, you and the rest quickly step inside a store. It never fails.

[quote name='salty tbone']Round and round, round we go. Round and round, round we go. Still down with the Underground.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at this point, no one is going to be able to convince oasisboy that new = sealed so it's best we all drop it.

[quote name='oasisboy']Last time I checked GameStop advertised these games as new. I never saw anything referring to sealed. [/QUOTE]

Then what does new mean? We all know employees can and have borrowed opened "new" games if that is all they have.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Wait a second...you don't shop at Gamestop because you don't approve of their business practices and want to make sure that the majority of your purchase goes to the publisher. Yet when presented with the option of buying a new game in one of two ways, either from Gamestop or directly from the publisher in the case of Xenoblade, you opted for Gamestop? I think I'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

Let me simplify it for you: I don't buy used games.

I believe paying $5 more is worth it so that the games I like can continue to be made. Saving $5 for me on used $55 vs $60 new, isn't worth it in the long run. (Though I haven't bought a $60 game in years, and this is just an example....) It's the same logic for why I also do not pirate any software. I hope the rest of you live by a similar code of ethics.

This rule goes double for struggling developers with great, under exposed games.

[quote name='confoosious']That's not our problem.

When a company says "NEW" as the description, it should be sealed if sealed was the state that it was in when it was NEW.

Don't give me this "gutted is how they bought it so gutted is how you get it."

That's fine and dandy but if ANYONE bought 5 copies of a gutted game and tried to sell them on ebay or amazon as new, that would never fly. If you bought a game listed as New on ebay and it came to you in the horrific shape that some Gamestop "NEW" games are in, you'd be ok with that? Bullshit.

But just because GS employed you, then it's ok?

Obviously, your complete GS fanboyism (didn't even realize there was such a thing) is clouding your understanding of descriptors in product condition. Everyone else in the retail world plays by one set of rules but GS gets to play by another and you're defending it? o..... k[/QUOTE]

So much fail here. Where do I start?

New does not mean sealed. Have you ever bought new CDs or DVDs on amazon? I have bought new CDs and DVDs from amazon and they were not sealed. Oh my god , they are sleazy and their practices are illegal... In Europe not all media products are sealed and they are sold as new. That is why my Noel Gallagher CD and Blu-Ray were not sealed. But wait a minute...They are new and should be fucking sealed. How dare you amazon do this to me... If the game sold by GameStop was not played and it includes everything then it is new.

It is not GameStop's problem that someone wants to resell on eBay. I have seen many times items listed as new on both half.com and eBay yet they are not sealed. Does eBay removed these postings? Nope, so where is the outcry there?

Stop the ignorance and just don't walk again to GameStop since you hate the place so much.

[quote name='Green Card200']Then what does new mean? We all know employees can and have borrowed opened "new" games if that is all they have.[/QUOTE]

And just this week, I've purchased used games that were in better condition than the "new" games I've purchased, all from Gamestop.

[quote name='Green Card200']Then what does new mean? We all know employees can and have borrowed opened "new" games if that is all they have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, every single game that is gutted at a store has been borrowed by employees. Every copy of all games. Makes sense.

[quote name='CGlade']Let me simplify it for you: I don't buy used games.

I believe paying $5 more is worth it so that the games I like can continue to be made. Saving $5 for me on used $55 vs $60 new, isn't worth it in the long run. (Though I haven't bought a $60 game in years, and this is just an example....) It's the same logic for why I also do not pirate any software. I hope the rest of you live by a similar code of ethics.

This rule goes double for struggling developers with great, under exposed games.[/QUOTE]

Right, I get why people are against buying used games, I'm just not understanding why, if you're so focused on that and don't generally shop at Gamestop at all, that you would make an exception for Xenoblade when buying directly from Nintendo takes a sale away from GS and still supports the publisher and devs.

[quote name='sp00ge']And just this week, I've purchased used games that were in better condition than the "new" games I've purchased, all from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I have said before that some used games are actually new games that had the seal removed. Again, contractual agreements with the vendors.

[quote name='oasisboy']So much fail here. Where do I start?

New does not mean sealed. Have you ever bought new CDs or DVDs on amazon? I have bought new CDs and DVDs from amazon and they were not sealed. Oh my god , they are sleazy and their practices are illegal... [/QUOTE]

Were they from Amazon or a third-party seller, because Amazon guidelines dictate you got screwed:

[quote name='Amazon.com']New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments.
[/QUOTE]

All new media comes sealed from the manufacturer.. I've never seen otherwise.

[quote name='oasisboy']I have said before that some used games are actually new games that had the seal removed. Again, contractual agreements with the vendors.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and some new stuff comes scratched to shit. Contractual agreement there too?

Anytime any other retailer has a game that is returned, but is resellable (Target, for example), is discounted to a fair price, since the item is no longer "new." Why can't Gamestop do this for their last remaining "tester" or "display" copies?

[quote name='sp00ge']Were they from Amazon or a third-party seller, because Amazon guidelines dictate you got screwed:

All new media comes sealed from the manufacturer.. I've never seen otherwise.[/QUOTE]

From amazon directly. Not third party. I have bought several albums and Blus that were not sealed. They are all European so I know that's how some are. Buy any import from Oasis or Robbie Williams and there is a high chance it will not be sealed. I guess some folks here wouldn't be able to handle that...

[quote name='sp00ge']1.Yeah, and some new stuff comes scratched to shit. Contractual agreement there too?

2. Anytime any other retailer has a game that is returned, but is resellable (Target, for example), is discounted to a fair price, since the item is no longer "new." Why can't Gamestop do this for their last remaining "tester" or "display" copies?[/QUOTE]

1. The scratching happens during shipping or handling. Have you ever had something shipped that didn't make it in perfect shape? I think they should give you a discount if the new game has dents or scratches.

2. I agree for "testers" they should be sold as used. Can't disagree there.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yeah, every single game that is gutted at a store has been borrowed by employees. Every copy of all games. Makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Every game? I only said they can. You're argument is weak and you are wrong. That is why you are putting words in my mouth.

[quote name='Green Card200']Every game? I only said they can. You're argument is weak and you are wrong. That is why you are putting words in my mouth.[/QUOTE]

You were implying that all gutted games were borrowed so...

I get around. Still down with the Underground. Round and round, round we go. Round and round, round we go. Round and round, round we go. Round and round, round we go. ...

my gamestop keeps the dlc codes and everything that comes with a opened new game. i just got red faction armageddon for ps3 opened for 5.99 and im perfectly happy with it. the case is mint, the code wasnt taken out and the disk is mint (gotta love blu ray). they arent perfect but why so much gamestop hate ? two years ago ok they stunk but ive gotten plenty of good deals off of them the past year and a half. if anything target should get the hate cause besides their ymmv clearance and that epic b1g1 free glitch they had a year ago they have been awfull gaming wise

stop the complaining and continue the gaming !!!!!! :D

I got the last new (gutted) Ninja Blade & the disc looks bad. I know them there at my local GS so they said if I have any trouble...just bring it back.

Red Faction was gutted but perfect.

Oh & get this....I bought PS3 & Xbox 360 of Red Faction & the xbox DLC code works but the PS3 code says expired. Anybody else with the PS3 version get the DLC code to work?

Is this going to run out or is this a price drop? There are none in my area and I'm hopeing to go out this weekend to search for some.

[quote name='oasisboy']Last time I checked GameStop advertised these games as new. I never saw anything referring to sealed. Dishonest practice you say? Where are the fines? Where are the lawsuits? Before you google "GameStop lawsuit", there have been some for their used games (which went nowhere) but nothing about their new games.

What gets me time and time again is all this bitching and complaining about the company but when cheap games come along, you and the rest quickly step inside a store. It never fails.[/QUOTE]

real quick- I did not say that I was going to go to gamestop and buy any game. I don't buy games there because of stupid shit like gutted games and the other list of issues that come with their whole style of business.

second- if you honestly think that "new" should not be "sealed" as referenced by other dood that you quoted, you are on drugs. I go to any other place to buy a new game and guess what, there is this plastic wrap that seals it shut! these lame "explainations" of why a gutted game should be sold as "new" are equal to going to a lexus dealer and buying a 2013 IS with 2011 corolla rims on it. it even extends to the return policy- you buy a game, they "reseal" it and you can't return it except for another copy of said game, but there is no telling if this "new" game has had any miles put on it from an employee or may be damaged from removing it from the "sealed" case. don't act like employee couldn't take a game home. nobody insinuated that "every employee does it" but i have heard directly from a GS employee that it is encouraged by their district manager so they can give the potential customer a better idea of what the game is like. a "new" disc being damaged in shipment to gamestop? really? send it the hell back, thats what loss protection is for. I worked in a movie store for a year and when we got a box of games if it came in damaged we had to send it back. and if i ordered a "new" game from anywhere and it came to me scratched or damaged I would, you guessed it sparky, send it the hell back. that is what i am going through with telltale and amazon right now.

seriously, standing up for shady business practices is...shady. and i am pretty sure there was an attempt to form a class action lawsuit over this very issue about 2 years back but it didn't go anywhere because not enough people signed in on it. face the facts, gamestop has done to the retail game industry what social/mobile gaming has done to the quality of games released; just sucked the soul out of it for cash.

but hey, thats capitalism like you said right? all for the buck. they paid your bills and blahblahblah, good for you. and I don't have to shop there so good for me. only reason I felt the need to retort is because Ninja Blade is a bad ass under rated game. everyone should go buy 3 gutted copies each:roll:

for serious, everyone should play it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran to 3 Gamestops yesterday:

First one only had a used copy of Ninja Blade, game is complete and disc has minor wear on it. I also picked up a used copy of DJ Hero 2 for 360, because I have the first one from the Regenade version I picked up from Walmart 6 months or so ago. Wanted to have the whole set of games.

Second Gamestop had a "new" version of Vampire Rain. By "new" I mean gutted, but it was complete. Disc is dusty as hell (apparently from sitting in the paper sleeve in their cabinet (so said the Gamestop employee). So long as it plays, I'm fine because the game is cheap. For Too Human, they had a new copy, but the case was "stolen" so it was a new game in a generic art case. They also had a used copy that was disc only. I ended up getting the used copy even though it had more scratches then I'm typically ok with. It played fine when I tested it in my 360 later. I also switched my old pre-order of Operation Raccoon City at this store to Destiny to get the cool poster for free.

Went to a third gamestop in hopes of finding a copy of Too Human with cover art. They were in the same boat. New copy didn't have original case and used was generic. The trip there was a waste of time....

[quote name='panda911']Both of these games got converted to used.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed for ninja blade and vampire rain. Bought both games and automatically adjusted to used. Gutted copies for both.

bread's done
Back