Ninja Blade (360) $4.99 new/$3.99 Used|Too Human & Vampire Rain $1.99 NEW at Gamestop

MetalMegaGio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
This game is definitely a $3.99 game.
Outside the obnoxious never ending QTE's the game is bland as anything.
3 weapons & the exact same 3 enemies that are only weak those one of those 3 weapons. Button mashing crud.

Bought a used copy of Too Human and received it this week, ahead of schedule (was supposed to be delivered on Monday)

Actually in decent condition, for the most part. Came with a decent looking case with the pictures still on there, a manual (that appears to have gotten wet at some point, but that's it), and the disc itself looks okay until you look at the center and it looks like some idiot didn't know how to remove a game from the case... but it still plays fine, fortunately. :/

Picked up Vampire Rain and Too Human yesterday for $1.49 apiece. Even if they suck, $3 for two games is a good deal. Looking forward to playing Too Human, not so much Vampire Rain... ;)

Thought I would weigh in on this new vs used debate.

I picked up Ninja Blade "new" last night and when I got home and opened the sticker seal, the disc has all kinds of light surface marks that can only come from using a game. For something this cheap I didn't mind that the case would have shelf wear and that it was not actually "factory sealed" but I do expect the disk to be in new/like new condition. If I were to sell this online and rate it anything higher than "very good" I would likely get negative feedback.

I will prob be back there this evening anyway and see what they can do (e.g. swap for a used disc in better condition or give me the used price). This irritates me, but it is not enough to stop shopping there entirely or get bent out of shape on.

My "new" copy of Too Human didn't come with an original cover. It had a Gamespot cover that says it's a promotional copy on the back instead of a UPC.

Thanks OP! I could only find one used copy of Ninja Blade out of the four stores that are in my town. I guess everyone got the memo before me, lol. Case was in fair condition, manual was in good condition, and the disc was in fair condition. I've always been curious about this game, and this was the right price to for me to jump.

I already had Ninja Blade, but I needed another copy because for some reason the first one I bought wouldn't play in my slim 360 (the same thing happened with Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade too). So, I found a disc only copy of the game, which was OK, and it worked. I also found a used complete copy of Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked for Wii for only $6.99, which was a great price for that one.

They recently converted Vampire Rain to used at my store, so I got a couple of brand new games for 1.50 each -- needed the spare cases.

[quote name='bruceg']They recently converted Vampire Rain to used at my store, so I got a couple of brand new games for 1.50 each -- needed the spare cases.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the haters are going to complain about that...:roll:

[quote name='z24buddy']Thought I would weigh in on this new vs used debate.

I picked up Ninja Blade "new" last night and when I got home and opened the sticker seal, the disc has all kinds of light surface marks that can only come from using a game. For something this cheap I didn't mind that the case would have shelf wear and that it was not actually "factory sealed" but I do expect the disk to be in new/like new condition. If I were to sell this online and rate it anything higher than "very good" I would likely get negative feedback.

[/QUOTE]

They put the 'new' copies in sleeves and throw them in the drawer. I'm sure they aren't all handled that carefully so some get scratched. Even the ones that stay in the drawer untouched for a long time can look dirty and used. Most people who buy gutted copies aren't that particular about disc condition, especially if they are getting a really good deal. If it's gutted and before you even buy, just ask them to pull all the 'new' discs, and select the copy you want.

Tried to browse thru to make sure no one mentioned mentioned this already, but Ninja Blade has some free lackluster custom outfit DLC so if you care, make sure to checkout the Marketplace option in the game to grab it (or I'm sure you could probably search it on xbox.com if you're froggy).

[quote name='oasisboy']I wonder if the haters are going to complain about that...:roll:[/QUOTE]

This makes more sense. Before they were converting used to new.

i was able to grab too human and red faction. Too human wasnt hard to get but it was newsed. Everything was in good shape and it was the only copy the store had. Ive been playing it and its ok. Killer of the fun is the terrible cameras and the right stick is used for swinging weapons. You can get lost very easy in the game. Im about 5 hours in and probably halfway through the game.
Red Faction was abit harder to find. The store i went to had about 30 newsed copies in various stages of crap. I sorted through them and got a disk with only one finger print and grabbed the display box off the shelf since it was the only one i could find that still had the codes in it oddly enough. Towards the end i was getting really irratated with the gs employee asking me why i didnt want to get a rewards card and why not. I pointed to the pile of newsed red factions i was sorting through and said this is the reason why. Your selling clearly used and opened games as new to which he replied that they are opened for store display and to which i said that would imply 1 or 2 copies, not dozens.
Cheap games are the only reason i can tolerate gs anymore. They gotta be less that 5 or 6 bucks though for me to deal with those creatures.
I gave up trying to find VR and NB.

[quote name='Sanges99']Tried to browse thru to make sure no one mentioned mentioned this already, but Ninja Blade has some free lackluster custom outfit DLC so if you care, make sure to checkout the Marketplace option in the game to grab it (or I'm sure you could probably search it on xbox.com if you're froggy).[/QUOTE]

It also gives you two achievements one for collecting a emblem and another for collecting a costume. Im sure they arent hard to find in game but by downloading the dlc its easier.

[quote name='oasisboy']I wonder if the haters are going to complain about that...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Actually, yeah, there is a complaint tied to it. When they converted new to used, they deleted the item number from the system.

I went to return the disc-only "new" copy today, that I picked up the other day and the manager said I can't return it because it's no longer in the system. I called bullshit, referring to the 30-day return policy for new and sealed merchandise and the guy started getting shitty with me and I quote: "Dude, it's a $3 game, what do you expect?" Well, I expect it to be complete in new condition. I could have bought a used copy and received a complete copy and apparently had a better return policy... :roll:

Guy grabbed the art and manual from a used copy and threw it on the counter and said "There you go."

Yeah, it's only $3, but to not only give me a shit copy but then tell me three days later I can't return it, despite it still being sealed, is bullshit.

A buddy of mine picked up what I was told on the phone was a brand new factory sealed and unopened copy of Too Human. It's far away and it happens to be his local Gamestop, so I didn't go myself. So he isn't privy to the stuff to look for.

Anyway, he called me and described it so I could make sure they didn't pull a fast one on him. He's like yeah man, it's brand new unopened. Still in the plastic. But before I hung up, I told him to look for the security sticker. There was no security sticker on it. So I called into the store and they told me "No, it's brand new and factory sealed, we just opened it for display purposes."

That's like me saying "Yeah this pizza is hot and fresh right out of the oven, we just froze it so it wouldn't get stale."

What a bunch of jackasses.

[quote name='Green Card200']This makes more sense. Before they were converting used to new.[/QUOTE]

You like it "used" when the wrapper is removed and the game is new, but don't like it "new" when the wrapper is removed. Makes sense.

[quote name='sp00ge']Actually, yeah, there is a complaint tied to it. When they converted new to used, they deleted the item number from the system.

I went to return the disc-only "new" copy today, that I picked up the other day and the manager said I can't return it because it's no longer in the system. I called bullshit, referring to the 30-day return policy for new and sealed merchandise and the guy started getting shitty with me and I quote: "Dude, it's a $3 game, what do you expect?" Well, I expect it to be complete in new condition. I could have bought a used copy and received a complete copy and apparently had a better return policy... :roll:

Guy grabbed the art and manual from a used copy and threw it on the counter and said "There you go."

Yeah, it's only $3, but to not only give me a shit copy but then tell me three days later I can't return it, despite it still being sealed, is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

That's total crap from the employe ... but why did you buy the new "disc only" copy if it didn't meet your standards to begin with? Could have saved you some hell. Was something wrong with the game or why did you decide to return it?

[quote name='oasisboy']You like it "used" when the wrapper is removed and don't like it "new" when the wrapper is removed. Makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='sp00ge']Actually, yeah, there is a complaint tied to it. When they converted new to used, they deleted the item number from the system.

Yeah, it's only $3, but to not only give me a shit copy but then tell me three days later I can't return it, despite it still being sealed, is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Can you go to another store to resolve the problem since that manager sounds like someone to definitely avoid? I've never done it, but you can always contact the district manager, who is supposed to be a lot more receptive, especially when subordiantes aren't following company policy (may not be worthwhile now, but maybe later on if he tries to give you more grief). Also, those online surveys on the receipt are apparently carefully scrutinized, so that's another area to voice your displeasure. He trivializes your complaint over the price of the game, but he could have just as easily accommodated you by returning your $3 AND not alienated a customer and lost potential future business.

Picked up Ninja Blade used, with case and manual, and Vampire Rain used disc only. For these prices, I can't complain at all.

And I actually agree with oasisboy for once (and feel dirty for it). Why would you buy a disc only new copy of a game for 3 bucks, then complain that you can't return it cause you don't like that its disc only? Don't be slidecage man, don't be slidecage.

[quote name='oasisboy']You like it "used" when the wrapper is removed and the game is new, but don't like it "new" when the wrapper is removed. Makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Now you're being deliberately obtuse.

aka trollin

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Picked up Ninja Blade used, with case and manual, and Vampire Rain used disc only. For these prices, I can't complain at all.

And I actually agree with oasisboy for once (and feel dirty for it). Why would you buy a disc only new copy of a game for 3 bucks, then complain that you can't return it cause you don't like that its disc only? Don't be slidecage man, don't be slidecage.[/QUOTE]

First off, I was in a hurry so I didn't think it through. I stopped at another Gamestop and found a much better copy, but didn't have time to deal with a return that day. But that is beside the point.

Since I paid the "new" price, and the item was still sealed, I should be allowed to change my mind and return the game for *whatever reason I want* within 30 days, per their own return policy. It's just another example of shitty business practices, one that seems to have been lesser known until now.

bread's done
Back