Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

Cant wait for this game! Screw the casuals and the bad reviews. I suck at this game but it is the only game thats actually challenging. I will have fun in the year+ it will probably take me to beat it.

B- is a bad review? That's like...an 80?

I REALLY need a demo to convince me to buy this Day 1. It needs one. The way they're hyping it, no demo would basically be the death of it.

Sounds like the camera issues from the original are still an issue with this game. Well, maybe I'll rent it, but I HATED the camera in the first game, so I'm not going to buy it.

WHERE the fuck is my bloody ass body cutting demo you piece of shit Japanese guy? For all the shit you talk where's my game..... yeah I'm internet tough.

Bah, I'm just going to rent this. I don't know why I'm not excited about this game, I remember buying the original Xbox soley to play Ninja Gaiden.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Bah, I'm just going to rent this. I don't know why I'm not excited about this game, I remember buying the original Xbox soley to play Ninja Gaiden.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you 100%...the closer we get to 6/3, the less interested I am in this.

It really makes me upset that this game is getting crappy reviews. If the camera is as good as Ninja Gaiden Black (it looks like it is) I think its fine. I loved that they got rid of the platforming and puzzles (for the most part). That only slowed down the pace of the game. What were reviewers expecting from this game? That it would completely redefine the genre again? From the videos of the game I have seen so far, it looks exactly what I thought it would.

I can't believe that people aren't getting the game because it's getting a low review score(which is not). Since when is a -B a bad game!!!!!

[quote name='KiLL3r']I can't believe that people aren't getting the game because it's getting a low review score(which is not). Since when is a -B a bad game!!!!![/quote]

I don't care about the stupid review score - but if the camera is unbearable (which the review says), this game will be a rough sell to me.

I'm not sure how people know the game will rock even if they haven't played it, but I'm not going to go into that.

I had a extra free gold trial so I created a Japanese account and was able to download the demo. I love it so far, but I hate how the cutscenes can't be skipped (hopefully this is changed in the retail version).

I made mine a silver so using a trial code didn't work for me.

I guess if you make a new account with a trial code it would work. I'm sure it'll be up on the US marketplace later today.

[quote name='zewone']I made mine a silver so using a trial code didn't work for me.

I guess if you make a new account with a trial code it would work. I'm sure it'll be up on the US marketplace later today.[/QUOTE]

I heard rumors that the Demo is coming out in other regions on June 3rd (the release date of the game).

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']good god this game is fuking sick as hell. it's everything i wanted and more.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear!

[quote name='KingBroly']Would a 48-hour code allow me to download the demo?

I have a Japanese account, but it's silver.[/QUOTE]

I tried it once in the past with a US demo and it didn't work.

I just finished the demo. Game is fucking amazing. The falcon talons are awesome to use. The other weapons are really nice as well. Camera is about the same as it was in previous games (IMO, its fine). Difficulty seems like its a lot easier then in previous games (not sure what difficulty mode the demo is in). The graphics are amazing.

I freaking love this game. I can't wait until the game comes out.

[quote name='jkam']I tried it once in the past with a US demo and it didn't work.[/quote]

I know the 1 month code from GTAIV works (by other accounts), but I'm not using that for a demo.

There's gotta be another way. Hmm...

[quote name='KingBroly']I know the 1 month code from GTAIV works (by other accounts), but I'm not using that for a demo.

There's gotta be another way. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Well some of the 48-Hour codes actually say that online will work but not any other features. I would assume some would give you access to everything especially a 1 month code.

How do you go about creating a Japanese account?

I think they caught on and is now matching your IP address to make sure you really are in Japan. I set up an account today with my old Yokohama address and it wouldn't let me download the demo. Even went through the trouble of setting up a japanese hotmail account. FYI, they give you 1 month of gold free when you set up a new account, but worthless in this case.

[quote name='JohnLa101']I think they caught on and is now matching your IP address to make sure you really are in Japan. I set up an account today with my old Yokohama address and it wouldn't let me download the demo. Even went through the trouble of setting up a japanese hotmail account. FYI, they give you 1 month of gold free when you set up a new account, but worthless in this case.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me.

[quote name='Wolve11']at least this game seems easier than the first. What is up with the crystal skulls by the way, this isn't Indiana Jones![/QUOTE]

the crystal skulls are real artifacts that Indiana Jones and Itagaki Jones both used.

[quote name='DomLando']Any deals on this game the week of release?[/QUOTE]

$10 amazon gift card with it if you order before 6/2

Lame...I already have a Japanese account, so I thought I would just use a 48 hour code so I can download the demo but it does not work.

[quote name='JohnLa101']I think they caught on and is now matching your IP address to make sure you really are in Japan. I set up an account today with my old Yokohama address and it wouldn't let me download the demo. Even went through the trouble of setting up a japanese hotmail account. FYI, they give you 1 month of gold free when you set up a new account, but worthless in this case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard that method was working earlier but now its a no go. I also went through the trouble of creating another japanese account but when I go download the demo I get this message:

ERROR

"this item is not available from your current location"

I don't know why they go to such great lengths to prevent us from playing the demo. Unless the game sucks, which I doubt is the case.

If anyone cares, Major Nelson just updated his Ninja Gaiden 2 Japanese demo post to say this:

"I just learned that the demo for all other Xbox LIVE regions will be available by the end of next week."

By the time the damn demo is out I am already going to have the game, fucking Microsoft.

[quote name='Apossum']
$10 amazon gift card with it if you order before 6/2[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I rather pick it up B&M though since this is one of a few games I want on release day.

i got the demo earlier today, was one of the last before microsoft closed other regions. I gotta say this game is awesome. It is the same ninja gaiden game as before, so if you didnt like the old one you wont like this one. Its literally the same. New moves, new weapons, new gore/finishers but otherwise the same.

It only lets you play on easy (path of the acolyte) but the enemies are still ruthless and attack alot, and they still try to kamikaze your ass plenty. I can tell that this is still gonna be the frustratingly hard game as before but i love it. The camera, the linearity, the moves are all in ninja gaiden fashion. I would probably call this a NG1.5 but its still awesome.

Cant wait till the 3rd!

[quote name='Razzuel']If anyone cares, Major Nelson just updated his Ninja Gaiden 2 Japanese demo post to say this:

"I just learned that the demo for all other Xbox LIVE regions will be available by the end of next week."

[/quote]

Oh man, that's weak.

Wow. As if it would take effort to make the demo available to people outside of Japan...

Seriously, the 360 finally gets a good game and they wrestle the demo out of people's hands now?

[quote name='sleepy180']

Cant wait till the 3rd![/QUOTE]

This is said to be the last by the creator (Itagaki)...but I hope he changes his mind.

[quote name='jkam']This is said to be the last by the creator (Itagaki)...but I hope he changes his mind.[/quote]

I think he meant June 3rd, which is the release date...

bread's done
Back