Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

[quote name='level1online']ok, jumping into this conversation late, if there's any problem with ESRB and the gore factor, perhaps Tecmo can change the blood to maybe a black or dark red color ?[/quote]

I think it has more to do with the dismemberment of the bodies and having them laying everywhere, more so then the blood.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I think it has more to do with the dismemberment of the bodies and having them laying everywhere, more so then the blood.[/quote]

I thought one of the selling points of DX10 was the fact it makes dismemberment animations much much easier for game developers to create in realtime. It would be a shame if developers didn't take advantage of that feature.

[quote name='level1online']I thought one of the selling points of DX10 was the fact it makes dismemberment animations much much easier for game developers to create in realtime. It would be a shame if developers didn't take advantage of that feature.[/quote]

I totally agree, I just hope the ESRB doesn't be a dick and rate this AO. I don't know in my eyes it's gory but it's not gory enough to warrant it AO.

M rating covers "intense violence, blood, and gore", so theoretically it shouldn't need to go AO. I'm pretty sure it will be M like the other two Tecmo/Team Ninja 360 releases. This game is really looking like a day 1 for me...

[quote name='gunm']M rating covers "intense violence, blood, and gore", so theoretically it shouldn't need to go AO. I'm pretty sure it will be M like the other two Tecmo/Team Ninja 360 releases. This game is really looking like a day 1 for me...[/quote]

Oh yeah man as soon as pre-orders are available I am jumping on one. This is a day one for me, as I loved Ninja Gaiden Black, from the looks of this already I will love NG2 as well. Lets just hope they don't decide to remake it 3-4 times again after it's release.....

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Oh yeah man as soon as pre-orders are available I am jumping on one. This is a day one for me, as I loved Ninja Gaiden Black, from the looks of this already I will love NG2 as well. Lets just hope they don't decide to remake it 3-4 times again after it's release.....[/QUOTE]
The sales of Black and Sigma guarantee they will. In fact, count on it more than anything else in the 360's lifespan.

[quote name='gunm']M rating covers "intense violence, blood, and gore", so theoretically it shouldn't need to go AO. I'm pretty sure it will be M like the other two Tecmo/Team Ninja 360 releases. This game is really looking like a day 1 for me...[/QUOTE]
In America (esrb's home) we can blow peoples heads off on prime time television and chop them to pieces in R rated movies. I don't know where any of you got the idea it would go ao unless it had sex and nudity. That what pisses off ratings people.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Oh yeah man as soon as pre-orders are available I am jumping on one. This is a day one for me, as I loved Ninja Gaiden Black, from the looks of this already I will love NG2 as well. Lets just hope they don't decide to remake it 3-4 times again after it's release.....[/QUOTE]

I actually hope they do make a few expansions. Black and Sigma are way different games from the original, imho (along with the free DLC hurricane packs which overwrote the original game as well.) Just as long as they keep the budget pricing on the 360 versions (I can understand why they would charge full price for Sigma...)

but they'll probably just rape us with marketplace DLC pricing like everyone else these days. I'm all for action game expansion packs though :)

[quote name='Apossum']I actually hope they do make a few expansions. Black and Sigma are way different games from the original, imho (along with the free DLC hurricane packs which overwrote the original game as well.) Just as long as they keep the budget pricing on the 360 versions (I can understand why they would charge full price for Sigma...)

but they'll probably just rape us with marketplace DLC pricing like everyone else these days. I'm all for action game expansion packs though :)[/quote]

I like expansion's but I don't like paying $50-$60 for that expansion though. I understand why they made NGS $60 since it was brand new for the PS3 but when they made NGB and charged $50 I was outraged as I was walking up to the counter with it. ;) I hope they do add an expansion/DLC but I hope they keep it cost friendly and don't over charge us. Whether it be market place points or actual cash. Since Ninja Gaiden is my favorite action game, I always want more of it, and as much of it as possible. Also did anyone else think Ryu was a little over powered? I mean with the weapons and all he was killing the AI rather easy, and to me it looked like he was just running through them like nothing. I hope they change that and have the AI hard like I expect them to be in Ninja Gaiden. I also actually like the recharging health how they did it in NG2. Although they should get rid of the "free health" at save points. Other then everything looks great to me.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I like expansion's but I don't like paying $50-$60 for that expansion though. I understand why they made NGS $60 since it was brand new for the PS3 but when they made NGB and charged $50 I was outraged as I was walking up to the counter with it. ;) I hope they do add an expansion/DLC but I hope they keep it cost friendly and don't over charge us. Whether it be market place points or actual cash. Since Ninja Gaiden is my favorite action game, I always want more of it, and as much of it as possible. Also did anyone else think Ryu was a little over powered? I mean with the weapons and all he was killing the AI rather easy, and to me it looked like he was just running through them like nothing. I hope they change that and have the AI hard like I expect them to be in Ninja Gaiden. I also actually like the recharging health how they did it in NG2. Although they should get rid of the "free health" at save points. Other then everything looks great to me.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you've got an EB employee to beat up...Black was $30 on launch :lol:

I think they had it set on easy so they didn't have a repeat of what happened when Japan's best NG player demoed sigma-- he kept dying. Agreed about the recharging save stations, but I am hoping all that generous health stuff was just for the demo or an easy mode.

I wonder if the dash is going to replace rolling completely. I could see them doing that to make things more difficult.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']In America (esrb's home) we can blow peoples heads off on prime time television and chop them to pieces in R rated movies. I don't know where any of you got the idea it would go ao unless it had sex and nudity. That what pisses off ratings people.[/quote]

Actually, it says "prolonged intense violence/gore" would be tagged AO. Manhunt 2's prelim got it, and there's no sex or nudity in there that I remember reading about.

[quote name='Apossum']Looks like you've got an EB employee to beat up...Black was $30 on launch :lol:

I think they had it set on easy so they didn't have a repeat of what happened when Japan's best NG player demoed sigma-- he kept dying. Agreed about the recharging save stations, but I am hoping all that generous health stuff was just for the demo or an easy mode.

I wonder if the dash is going to replace rolling completely. I could see them doing that to make things more difficult.[/quote]
Was it really? I clearly remember buying Black for $50. Ah well it was worth that price as well so no sweat. :lol: Yeah it did seem easy as Ryu was just flying or should I say impaling everyone to death in seconds. As for the health I was thinking okay the recharging element was put in nicely, then I see him go up to the save spot and bam full health. My face went from :whistle2:k to:nottalking: thats not Ninja Gaiden BOI. Hopefully if it has to be in the game it's in Ninja bitch mode. Err Ninja Dog mode sorry. :lol: I'd like the option to be able to dash and roll but having the dash only in the game would definitely make it more difficult. Which I welcome with both arms as it's actually nice to have a game be hard and actually a challenge for a change then easy.

ebgames has it as April 1st which usually means it's just coming out sometime in the next fiscal year which usually means you can count on it being delayed until the Fall. Big games usually don't come out between April and July.

[quote name='help1']Thing is, aren't Ninjas supposed to be stealthy?[/quote]

Yeah, but Ryu Hayabusa is so badass that he doesn't need to be. :)

Just pre-ordered this via amazon gold box (personal/custom, not the main one) for $56.99. Anyone find a better deal than this available now?

[quote name='ananag112']If you go to the GDC tab in marketplace, it says the Ninja Gaiden 2 demo is coming soon![/quote]

It's been rumored to be expected next month or so.

[quote name='ananag112']Yeah, I think the demo is coming really soon...like within the next few days.[/quote]

Hopefully. This might actualy hold true, since the average intension span of an online gamer is quite low, and they won't be able to keep the release of the demo in mind for too long.

[quote name='help1']Looks a lot better than DMC 4. Thing is, aren't Ninjas supposed to be stealthy?[/QUOTE]

That's an antiquated definition for old people and Tenchu fans. In the 21st century, the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people.

[quote name='Apossum']That's an antiquated definition for old people and Tenchu fans. In the 21st century, the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people.[/quote]

Ah... this explains a lot of anime for me. ;)

[quote name='gunm']Well, the banner suggests the demo is coming sooner rather than later--at least that's the current rumor.[/quote]

Oh...you were talking about this:
ninjagaidenxblmx3f.jpg

Yeah, that's new sorry...and hopefully we will get it this week, after all, its GDC week and XBOX should be brining it home!

So much for the demo:
Just about anyone who’s been keeping an eye on the content coming out of GDC had to be excited to see that a Ninja Gaiden II demo was coming in the onslaught of GDC content. Well now the demo is available for selection in the GDC menu, although it’s not what we, and countless others, were expecting.

The demo that we were all fired up for is simply a video of Tomonobu Itagaki playing through a level of the game at GDC. For those of you away from your 360s, the video above is a run through of the same level by a different player and without Itagaki’s commentary or controller issues, the battery on his wireless controller died twice during the demo. Aside from the disappointment at the poor labeling of the DLC, the video itself shows a game that looks better and better each time we see it. From the weapon choices to the fast paced combat, Ninja Gaiden 2 appears to be poising itself for a blockbuster release this June. Check out the GDC content page to watch the demo for yourself, but be warned, like other GDC content it’s not a HD download. Let us know how you feel about Microsoft and Team Ninja’s idea of a demo, and check back for more details as Ninja Gaiden nears its summer release.
http://www.xboxic.com/news/4382

Weaksauce!

yep, just saw that on gaf.

That was a harsh tease. The record holds up though-- there was an NG demo, DoA:Ultimate demo, DoA4 demo (post release though) and an NGS demo. Seems like a good chance that an NG2 demo will happen at some point.

Good to here about the demo, but I already know I'm buying this game so the demo isn't really that exciting for me since I will most likely be playing GTA around that time

bread's done
Back