Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

I hope this comes to PS3. I love the "shredder" gauntlet he's got on his arm now. I wish they would redo the scene from Ninja Gaiden one, where his father and another Ninja were in the field running and then jumped up and attacked one another... I'd love to see that updated graphically. There was a video for this, (teaser) and there's a scene w/Ryu in a filed with other ninja's weapons in the ground. - reminded me of the NG 1 scene.

They also announced at TGS this is never coming to PS3.

Currently, Ninja Gaiden 2 is set for a worldwide release on the Xbox 360 sometime in 2008. However, unlike its predecessors, it won't be ported to other consoles down the line. Instead of being published by Tecmo, holder of the Ninja Gaiden license, the game is being bankrolled and distributed directly by Microsoft Game Studios. Exact terms of the publishing deal were not made public as of press time, nor were any details on the title's story or gameplay.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchnews.asp?newsid=158523

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Microsoft is publishing NG2. Looks like part of the exclusive deal is for Microsoft to publish and accept the cost of promoting the game and whatnot.

Anyway, looks like I'll be buying a 360 next year. =][/QUOTE]

Interesting, but that's different from MS buying Team Ninja.

[quote name='dallow']NG2 yes, but not NG2: Sigma[/QUOTE]

knowing MS, there's a clause in the contract that prevents them from doing this.

[quote name='dallow']NG2 yes, but not NG2: Sigma[/quote]
Considering it said unlike it's prodecessors it won't be ported that would imply that Ninja Gaiden Sigma counted in the past as a port so that most likely eliminates the idea of a NG2 Sigma.

A huge falling out would have to occur between Tecmo and MS for them to even try a loophole like that since MS happens to be funding NG 2. They aren't going to do that and allow some loophole to take place, like the poster right above said there's probably a clause in the contract.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Considering it said unlike it's prodecessors it won't be ported that would imply that Ninja Gaiden Sigma counted in the past as a port so that most likely eliminates the idea of a NG2 Sigma.

A huge falling out would have to occur between Tecmo and MS for them to even try a loophole like that since MS happens to be funding NG 2. They aren't going to do that and allow some loophole to take place, like the poster right above said there's probably a clause in the contract.[/quote]Probably true.
Why does it say "predecessors" though? (plural)

[quote name='dallow']Probably true.
Why does it say "predecessors" though? (plural)[/quote]

They're counting the old NES version getting ported to the Gameboy.

This is of course false.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']They also announced at TGS this is never coming to PS3.

Quote:
Currently, Ninja Gaiden 2 is set for a worldwide release on the Xbox 360 sometime in 2008. However, unlike its predecessors, it won't be ported to other consoles down the line. Instead of being published by Tecmo, holder of the Ninja Gaiden license, the game is being bankrolled and distributed directly by Microsoft Game Studios. Exact terms of the publishing deal were not made public as of press time, nor were any details on the title's story or gameplay.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrank...?newsid=158523[/quote]

I really think this is a good move by Microsoft. I really thought NGS was a good game but the mid loading in the game killed it for me. I hope none of that is in NG2 and it rocks as much as NGB. If I didn't already have a 360, this game would be the push to make me get one. Seriously the 360 has a shit load of great games already, not just exclusive games either. Even the multi platform games are better on the 360. Sealing NG2 they now have four big exclusive games. (Halo, Gears, Bio shock, NG2)

And Dead Rising which I love that game so far that's my favorite game on 360 still. (I like Bioshock and Gears of War but not as much)

Add to that Igarashi is saying Castlevania is most likely exclusive to 360. 360 has really reversed roles with Playstation from last gen as do you think Konami would have even CONSIDERED putting Castlevania exclusive to Xbox over PS2? No chance in hell.

And even the next Splinter Cell is exclusive. Microsoft seems to be doing everything right while Sony is doing everything wrong with the one exception being MGS 4. I just wish 360 could get a port of MGS 4 then I would have no reason to want a PS3.

Just because MS bought the rights to NG2 doesn't mean there won't be another NG game on PS3.

But until then, I'll be playing NG2 on 360.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']And Dead Rising which I love that game so far that's my favorite game on 360 still. (I like Bioshock and Gears of War but not as much)

Add to that Igarashi is saying Castlevania is most likely exclusive to 360. 360 has really reversed roles with Playstation from last gen as do you think Konami would have even CONSIDERED putting Castlevania exclusive to Xbox over PS2? No chance in hell.

And even the next Splinter Cell is exclusive. Microsoft seems to be doing everything right while Sony is doing everything wrong with the one exception being MGS 4. I just wish 360 could get a port of MGS 4 then I would have no reason to want a PS3.[/quote]
Ah yeah I forgot about Dead Rising, I also loved that as well. Also with the new Splinter Cell being 360 only (Don't know if that is for good or timed?) They have what 6 great exclusive games? Also with all the multi platform games being better on the 360, as I stated before Sony is in trouble with Microsoft sealing exclusives and having better multi platform games. To me though NG2 being a 360 exclusive is a huge deal since for me anyway Ninja Gaiden is the best action game to date. Also I think the 360 will get a version of MGS4. It will more then likely get MGS4: Sub whatever.

Microsoft paying for the development of and publishing NG2 is quite a lot different from the usual timed exclusivity deals. There is no way any version of NG2 is coming out for any other system within a timeframe that matters to anyone (i.e. this generation). Ninja Gaiden 3 is technically up for grabs but, again, must be so far off that it isn't even worth discussing.

[quote name='gunm']Just because MS bought the rights to NG2 doesn't mean there won't be another NG game on PS3.

But until then, I'll be playing NG2 on 360.[/QUOTE]

Read carefully, let me give you an analogy.

1.)Microsoft pays ea for exclusivity of madden 08. Ea gets exclusivity money and tells tiburon to make game gives them development money and ea publishes it.

2.)Microsoft pays tiburon to make madden. (Can't happen I know) Microsoft provides money for development and microsoft publishes the game.

What's happening here is the second option.

Yeah, Let's not show gameplay and do really cool CG of Ryu not doing anything.

Lame teaser aside, NG was one of my top 5 Xbox titles. I can't freaking wait to get this one. Too bad it'll probably be like 2009...

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']There's nothing better than a difficult game. I hope this game is so difficult I die before I even hit the start button.[/quote]

Ha ha, I do hope it's as hard if not harder then Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. That was the perfect difficulty and length for an action game IMO.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']Read carefully, let me give you an analogy.

1.)Microsoft pays ea for exclusivity of madden 08. Ea gets exclusivity money and tells tiburon to make game gives them development money and ea publishes it.

2.)Microsoft pays tiburon to make madden. (Can't happen I know) Microsoft provides money for development and microsoft publishes the game.

What's happening here is the second option.[/quote]

Yeah, so? What does that have to do with me telling someone that there's plenty of room for another NG game on PS3 whether it gets made or not?

We don't know all the legalese and contractual details, but what we do know is that Microsoft is buying NGS2. That doesn't exclude Team Ninja from making other NG games or making those "non sequel" games on other platforms.

Until there's solid evidence otherwise, of course.

[quote name='InuFaye']I heard the diffculty will be watered down which makes me really sad.[/quote]

Perhaps it will just be the default difficulty?

[quote name='gunm']Yeah, so? What does that have to do with me telling someone that there's plenty of room for another NG game on PS3 whether it gets made or not?

We don't know all the legalese and contractual details, but what we do know is that Microsoft is buying NGS2. That doesn't exclude Team Ninja from making other NG games or making those "non sequel" games on other platforms.

Until there's solid evidence otherwise, of course.[/QUOTE]
LMAO

Go look up agency law and learn why what you said would be illegal.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']LMAO

Go look up agency law and learn why what you said would be illegal.[/quote]

Unfortunately there are always loopholes-
I'm sure you've heard of some games called "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance" and "Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater Substance".

It all depends on whether a company wants to keep good enough relationships with its sister developers by keeping a game exclusive or not.

In a situation like this Team Ninja has all to gain and very little to lose by making a "Ninja Gaiden 2: Remix". In fact, the entire reason they MADE Ninja Gaiden Sigma was to bring the Ninja Gaiden/Black game to PS3. That's why it was a PS3 exclusive. They didn't want to lose that demographic.

Ninja Gaiden itself was supposed to be Xbox exclusive title and so was Gears of War, that didn't stop Epic Games from throwing it on PC.

This will be a 360 exclusive because microsoft is publishing it not Tecmo. Epic got Gears of War on PC because Windows is another Microsoft platform.

I hope the default setting wont be any easier then the first game.

[quote name='akilshohen']it says on XBLM in the discription that Ryu with auto regain health.[/quote]

Crap what is up with all games doing that? It's bad enough in FPS but now on action games? I don't care if there's if retards can choose an easy mode to where it does this as long as there's an option for it to be off. But having it be in the game period is lame.

It says auto-regain at savepoints, to be precise. Different from "the run for cover anywhere and magically heal" fps style that's en vogue.

I rather like the idea of having a sanctuary and a method to restore some health outside of magical potions and random blue orbs. I know I get annoyed when I reach a savepoint half-dead and and proceed to die and reload several times until I finally make it through.

[quote name='akilshohen']it says on XBLM in the discription that Ryu with auto regain health.[/quote]

Farming enemies for blue orbs was easy enough.

I'm not getting this game. I'm sick of Japanese developers looking "down" on us like we're retards smashing our controllers with rocks to play games.

Coming to post the same info. Man, that footage is sweet. This game has long been on my radar, and now that's officially announced it's flying past most of the others we now about on my most wanted list. Looks like this killer holiday 07 line-up may be matched next holiday...

[quote name='akilshohen']it says on XBLM in the discription that Ryu with auto regain health.[/QUOTE]

what. the. fuck? this better be for easy mode only. either that or some new take on the gameplay where this is necessary (and not game breaking.)

[quote name='-GoodFella-']In game footage video is up on the marketplace.

Go to Marketplace -> Gaming Community Videos -> Bringing It Home -> TGS 2007 Briefing 3

Edit: You can watch it here also[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just watched that, there's no way in hell they are going to get that past the ESRB in it's current shape.

Blood stains everything, you can chop people up into little pieces, not to mention the sound which is fantastic.

[quote name='Apossum']what. the. fuck? this better be for easy mode only. either that or some new take on the gameplay where this is necessary (and not game breaking.)[/QUOTE]

It seems to work like the more you get hit the more your bar decreases which means the less it can fill up while recharging.

[quote name='Sporadic']Yeah, I just watched that, there's no way in hell they are going to get that past the ESRB in it's current shape.

Blood stains everything, you can chop people up into little pieces, not to mention the sound which is fantastic.

It seems to work like the more you get hit the more your bar decreases which means the less it can fill up while recharging.[/QUOTE]

okay, finally watched the whole thing for myself. It's like the armlet of tranquility in the first one. Maybe he just had the armlet on and it isn't an actual feature? :)

and yeah, that was the goriest display I've seen in a game in quite some time. Limb hacking will definitely play a role in the gameplay, it's not just gratuitous, but I do wonder what the esrb will think of the tornado of dismembered body parts :rofl:

[quote name='InuFaye']This will be a 360 exclusive because microsoft is publishing it not Tecmo. Epic got Gears of War on PC because Windows is another Microsoft platform.

I hope the default setting wont be any easier then the first game.[/QUOTE]

Not just published, but funded as well. I highly doubt M$ would fund a game just for Tecmo to release an even better version of it of a competing platform. Looks the 360 gets it's own form of the "MGS4" debate, only this time it's a game that's even less likely of getting ported.

As for the "watered-down" difficulty, I'm all for it. Just give the diehards an "expert" difficulty level with exclusive un-lockables (and achievements) and everyone's happy.

Looks great! I really hope they let this slide with an "M" rating. I really love all the gore and what not, I suppose they could tone it down though if they really had to.

ok, jumping into this conversation late, if there's any problem with ESRB and the gore factor, perhaps Tecmo can change the blood to maybe a black or dark red color ?

anyways, i wish there was more footage with the new dragon claw.

is it just me, or does it look like he's gearing up for a SFII Ken-style Dragon Punch?
900_0002.jpg

bread's done
Back