Ninja Gaiden II - Gen. Discussion & Info - No Longer A X360 Exclusive Title

Anyway we can get a daily countdown on this. I expect this to be a GREAT game and I can't wait for it. Hopefully it lives up to the hype just as the first one on Xbox did

[quote name='DarkRider23']From those videos it looks like it's hard to tell what the hell is going on. Everything moves so fast.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought... oh, it's just the video but yeah... A bit irritating. Here's to hoping they fix that.

Finally finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma a few hours ago, can't wait to play Gaiden II. I'll see how many missions in mission mode I can complete before II gets released.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Finally finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma a few hours ago, can't wait to play Gaiden II. I'll see how many missions in mission mode I can complete before II gets released.[/QUOTE]

The first few aren't so bad...after that they're tough as nails. So much fun though--I'm keeping Sigma even after I get this. I will beat mission mode one day :)

How many hours does it take to finish the previous Ninja gaiden ? I'm not sure if i want to buy it or just rent it.

[quote name='jraf']How many hours does it take to finish the previous Ninja gaiden ? I'm not sure if i want to buy it or just rent it.[/quote]

I took about 15 hours to finish it (but I took my sweet time in trying to find all of the golden scarabs).

[quote name='lunatic_pandora']Wait, what? I never received that memo.[/quote]
Itigakiagiahaitki (I don't know his name) said that he wants to move on from NG, or something.

Yeah...so...when is the demo coming out? I'm actually not that interested in this game, but I want to be. I loved NG1, but something about what I've seen of NG2 just doesn't excite me. I was hoping the demo would get me interested.

I've had mine pre-ordered since december 15th lol. (christmas present from my cousin). Cant wait!!! Demo should be coming out in the next few days.

I wonder how hard this one will be. I remember playing NG Black. I got to the city part (After the zeppelin level.) And they had those 3 or 4 ninja assassins that kept coming back. After the 30th time I called my xbox some unflattering names and never played it again.

Anyone think that demo is still coming out?
and I agree with Jamba, I hope those Spider Ninjas don't have the exploding shurikens. That made me put the game down for a month.....those ghost pirahannas cost it another

[quote name='darthbudge']Man you stole my response, now I am gonna have to go all Ninja Gaiden on yo ass. lol
Anyway I can't wait for this, I don't like all the added gore but oh well.[/quote]
I totally agree with you about the gore thing. To me it looks a little cheap with all that blood. Now still shots are one thing but when this game is in moition I really hope it doesn't take away from the graphics. I just think that much gore is overkill. But nonetheless, my favorite (and IMO the best) action game's sequel is here!

Don't get me wrong now, God of War and DMC are great action games, and they do what they do well. But when it comes to that all-out unadulterated action game. Nothing can touch this series. Nothing!

I thought the demo might come out today and it should have been here already but I'm losing hope. Well I have it pre-ordered regardless. Can't wait.

I read online (so take this with a grain of salt) that NG2 beat out MGS4 in EGM for game of the month. I really didn't see that coming. It was already a day-one purchase for me, but now I don't need to worry about it not living up to its predecessor.

[quote name='Pylis']I read online (so take this with a grain of salt) that NG2 beat out MGS4 in EGM for game of the month. I really didn't see that coming. It was already a day-one purchase for me, but now I don't need to worry about it not living up to its predecessor.[/QUOTE]

That was a fake score. MGS4 won't be reviewed in the same issue as NG2.

[quote name='zewone']That was a fake score. MGS4 won't be reviewed in the same issue as NG2.[/QUOTE]

Can't say I'm too surprised. Ah, the length that fanboys will go to...

I might rent this one, but after trying sigma and wanting to kill either my disk or my PS3 I never played it again.

I've finally sold it too.

Eurogamer gave it a 7/10 stating that it had a rubbish camera and too many instances of being just plain cheap. The reviewer goes on in the comments thread that the game is in fact easier than its' predecessor overall, but also cheaper. Not a good sign.

Still, a 7/10 isn't a bad score, and perhaps there may be some trial-and-error aspects to the game that may get better on subsequent playthroughs, so there's still hope.

The news about the camera issues is disappointing. Team Ninja has had enough iterations of Ninja Gaiden (original, black, sigma) to get it right. The camera system in Black was much better than the original. Two steps forward, one step back... Hopefully, it's not as bad as the reviewers make it seem.

I have had my preorder for a while at EB Games but I am still looking for the best place to make the preorder I saw that best buy had a wall grafix when you order online is there any one else offering some thing better?
cant wait for Jun 3 I think Im getting sick that day ;)

One week away till it's release, can't wait to use the Falcon's Talons. I remember the first time I saw footage of NG II a while ago I thought that Team Ninja would somehow be forced to change the gore in the game cause it is sooo gruesome. I'm glad they didn't have to cause hacking limbs off of enemies looks so cool (as morbid as that sounds).
I'm on the fence about the costume packs they're going to release on live, the costumes may look really good and add a little extra replayability but it just feels wrong in reinforcing the notion that they could gain a few extra dollars from all the people who buy the game for something that should be included on the disc.

any word on the date for the demo? I remember hearing a while back that a demo was going to be released in May.

Reviews are garbage.

People just can't deal with hitting RT to move a camera back.

It just becomes second nature.

Reviewers are just incompetent for anything that is not free marketing.

I mean previews.

This game will kick all kinds of arse.

[quote name='ighosty']any word on the date for the demo? I remember hearing a while back that a demo was going to be released in May.[/quote]

You can probably bet on sometime this week then, if not then it'll most likely get made available on June 3rd with the actual game's release.

[quote name='help1']Why didn't they pay reviewers off like rockstar did for GTA IV?[/quote]

They Ran out of money when they did that with Halo 3.

bread's done
Back