None of you lazy-ass OTT-monkeys made a new OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']I didn't like Dragon Age at first but its really starting to grow on me. I just wish I would've played it before Mass Effect 2 as its a major technological step back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Graphics are definitely worse. The sidequests aren't as deep as ME2, but the plot of DA:O blows ME2's main story line out of the water.[/QUOTE]

:nottalking:

Are you talking PC or 360/PS3...Cause on the PC, it's one of the prettier looking games out there. Then again PC > Console. :D

I'm about 12 hours into it, and I agree with Frosty about DA:O's story being better than ME2.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm having trouble with squad management too. I'll get used to it though.[/QUOTE]

If it helps at all, I had a human noble (knight). Once I had most of the party members available to me, I always ran with Morrigan, Wynne, and Lelianna. I turned Lelianna into an archer. (Which is what I was talking about with using an archer all the time and wishing I'd made one of those instead of a knight/tank...)

[quote name='Number83']:nottalking:

Are you talking PC or 360/PS3...Cause on the PC, it's one of the prettier looking games out there. Then again PC > Console. :D

I'm about 12 hours into it, and I agree with Frosty about DA:O's story being better than ME2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow. MW2 Stimulus package is 1200 ms points. fucking highway robbery.[/QUOTE]

The ironing is delicious.

EDIT: Oh, and DA on the 360 was the worst looking of the three from what I understand. Surprising, to be honest.

Yeah 1200pts for 3 new maps and 2 recycled is pretty steep. 800 would have been a good price for them. Doesn't change the fact that I'll be snatching them up day one though :oops:.

[quote name='JJSP']I hate myself for being a Browns fan, but they're paying Jake Delhomme $7mil this year to start, released Anderson, and just traded Brady Quinn. Watch them draft a QB too - if Clausen is there at #7, he's the next future Browns QB failure.[/QUOTE]
That has to be the dumbest move they've ever made, which is a very long line since they've come back to the NFL. Why trade a QB with some promise for a FB and sign an old, beat up QB that may even be worse than Derek Anderson?

At least Denver has a competent QB to go with Kyle Orton so they shouldn't have another Washington/Kansas City situation where Kyle's absence cost them two wins last year.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah 1200pts for 3 new maps and 2 recycled is pretty steep. 800 would have been a good price for them. Doesn't change the fact that I'll be snatching them up day one though :oops:.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I'm passing unless all my friends jump ship from BC2 back to MW2.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That has to be the dumbest move they've ever made, which is a very long line since they've come back to the NFL. Why trade a QB with some promise for a FB and sign an old, beat up QB that may even be worse than Derek Anderson?

At least Denver has a competent QB to go with Kyle Orton so they shouldn't have another Washington/Kansas City situation where Kyle's absence cost them two wins last year.[/QUOTE]

Derek Anderson had a really good year a few seasons back -- I'm not sure what changed, other than the Browns going back to their normal ineptitude.

I just can't believe the dismantling Holmgren is pulling there... I think the only decent player I can think of is Josh Cribbs... and I'm not even sure they gave him a contract yet. (They released Anderson, traded Edwards/Winslow/Quinn... who is left? Maybe one of the young RB and Joe Thomas?)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That has to be the dumbest move they've ever made, which is a very long line since they've come back to the NFL. Why trade a QB with some promise for a FB and sign an old, beat up QB that may even be worse than Derek Anderson?

At least Denver has a competent QB to go with Kyle Orton so they shouldn't have another Washington/Kansas City situation where Kyle's absence cost them two wins last year.[/QUOTE]
Delhomme's coming off of an injury, and after reading to see who the hell the FB they got, it seems he tore a hamstring nearly off of the bone in 2008.

Delhomme's going to make just under $20 million dollars next year. That's absolutely insane.

Peyton Hillis is a better QB than Brady Quinn. And yes, I know he's a fullback.

[quote name='JJSP']Delhomme's coming off of an injury, and after reading to see who the hell the FB they got, it seems he tore a hamstring nearly off of the bone in 2008.

Delhomme's going to make just under $20 million dollars next year. That's absolutely insane.[/QUOTE]

Hillis actually has shown some ability when given a chance to play. In Denver, that just doesn't happen. Delhomme, on the other hand, is done as even a semi-viable starting QB.

Also: fuck James Cameron up his stupid, money-grubbing ass. I'm going to have to change my mind about liking the Terminator franchise.

Has anyone ever seen retail copies of Traffic or Kagemusha Criterions? I got them both from Glyde today, and each is in a double-wide case, the kind that has two openings, one for each disc.

I'm just wondering because I've never seen that before and I'm wondering if these are legit copies, or if they're in aftermarket (or whatever the correct term is) cases.

Brady Quinn never had a chance. They got rid of their two top targets, their offensive line is terrible, and he never got a chance to grow into the position.

[quote name='Eviltude']Hey Frisky did you make that NCAA bracket thing you were talking about yet?[/QUOTE]
Yeah: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255051

BSB, definitely not. Quinn's worst games were against the best defenses in the league (Baltimore and Minnesota) and was benched for no reason. He played well when he got his starting job back and had no INT's for two games, but he never got any significant amount of time to start. I'd lay blame on any bad offense in the past two years on Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis.

[quote name='Rocko']Has anyone ever seen retail copies of Traffic or Kagemusha Criterions? I got them both from Glyde today, and each is in a double-wide case, the kind that has two openings, one for each disc.

I'm just wondering because I've never seen that before and I'm wondering if these are legit copies, or if they're in aftermarket (or whatever the correct term is) cases.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Traffic came in a double-wide case when i ordered it used a year or so back.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Why is redoing Titanic in 3D so upsetting to you, BSB?[/QUOTE]

A. Because it's a shitty movie in the first place.
B. 3D is stupid
C. A + B = Going Full Retard

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

BSB, definitely not. Quinn's worst games were against the best defenses in the league (Baltimore and Minnesota) and was benched for no reason. He played well when he got his starting job back and had no INT's for two games, but he never got any significant amount of time to start. I'd lay blame on any bad offense in the past two years on Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, man. Can't I make fun of Brady Quinn? It's FUN!

[quote name='Rocko']Has anyone ever seen retail copies of Traffic or Kagemusha Criterions? I got them both from Glyde today, and each is in a double-wide case, the kind that has two openings, one for each disc.

I'm just wondering because I've never seen that before and I'm wondering if these are legit copies, or if they're in aftermarket (or whatever the correct term is) cases.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are like that. I want to say that there was a rerelease of Traffic that had a slimmer case. I'm not sure about that. Mine is as you described.

Alright, thanks. I was going to be pist if they weren't in the original case. There were only like $15 each, though, so that was nice.

--

I think I might go see One Night of Queen in Sarasota in a couple weeks. I also kind of want to go see Coheed and Cambria but I don't know if I want to drive to Ft. Lauderdale.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255051

BSB, definitely not. Quinn's worst games were against the best defenses in the league (Baltimore and Minnesota) and was benched for no reason. He played well when he got his starting job back and had no INT's for two games, but he never got any significant amount of time to start. I'd lay blame on any bad offense in the past two years on Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis.[/QUOTE]

Lay it on Braylon Edwards, the lack of a run game/offensive line, and trading Kellen Winslow Jr.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Lay it on Braylon Edwards, the lack of a run game/offensive line, and trading Kellen Winslow Jr.[/QUOTE]
A bad running game puts a lot more pressure on the QB and receivers to pick up the slack, though the GM was a complete idiot for trading Kellen and Braylon and was promptly fired mid-season. Just look at the difference in the offense before and after Jamal Lewis' injury/retirement to see how much that affects the passing game.

Holmgren could have had a great off-season by keeping Harrison, Vickers, and Quinn, getting rid of Derek Anderson, and making some good draft picks.

That wasn't the GM. That was Augustus. SI had an article with the GM and he basically said that he didn't get to make any of the decisions because Eric had Randy's ear.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like my GoWIII arrives tomorrow...when is the release date...Wed 3/17?[/QUOTE]

TOMORROW. hence the midnight launch tonight. which is nowhere near my fucking house.

ZEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Derek Anderson had a really good year a few seasons back -- I'm not sure what changed, other than the Browns going back to their normal ineptitude.

I just can't believe the dismantling Holmgren is pulling there... I think the only decent player I can think of is Josh Cribbs... and I'm not even sure they gave him a contract yet. (They released Anderson, traded Edwards/Winslow/Quinn... who is left? Maybe one of the young RB and Joe Thomas?)[/QUOTE]I remember reading they got one done.

I think the browns are going to draft a QB in the first round and sit him while they take a chance with Delhomme this season.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:lol:

Anyone want my sealed copy for $50 shipped?[/QUOTE]

If I wasn't already dying to play the game, I'd bite. I'm still thinking of checking a few local stores to see if they have them out early (Walmart, I'm looking at you), so I don't have to wait for GS to open tomorrow. :(

Bioshock 2 LE is $49.99 at Best Buy after RZ Text Coupon :shock:...If I didn't already buy the regular, I'd so bite on this, specially because I have $25 RZ Cert.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If I buy the Bioshock 2 LE, how much could I sell the sealed game for?...then again, I could go to Walmart :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Probably about $45.
Bioshock 2 LE is supposed to be nice, at least in terms of the artbook.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Probably about $45.
Bioshock 2 LE is supposed to be nice, at least in terms of the artbook.[/QUOTE]

The artbook is mainly what's tempting me to get it. I have the one from the first game that was given as a gift for their screwup with the broken Big Daddy figures and it's freakin' sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back