Odin Sphere - Geeze The Animation is Amazing!

[quote name='Moxio']DAMN. My Buy.com order is 'On Order' meaning they are unsure when they will receive a shipment.

Goddamn.[/QUOTE]

Same situation here. I've placed the order over a week ago. I'm debating between canceling the order and paying the extra 10 bucks at a b&m store or wait a couple of days and hope they send it then.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Official art from the Japanese book which you can get on ebay
winky.gif
[/QUOTE]
I don't suppose anyone has scanned any more?

[quote name='jesta2817']Same situation here. I've placed the order over a week ago. I'm debating between canceling the order and paying the extra 10 bucks at a b&m store or wait a couple of days and hope they send it then.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of buying the game, and when the game comes in, returning the sealed one to the store for a full refund.

Even without 480p on a widescreen HDTV it still looks pretty amazing. It's a little noticable, but the art style really helps masks it. FFXII on the other hand almost makes me want to hook the PS2 back up to the SD. ;)

Is this game supposed to really start off this slowly? Most other RPGs hook me instantly but OS hasn't really grabbed me yet...

[quote name='Fatesealer']Is this game supposed to really start off this slowly? Most other RPGs hook me instantly but OS hasn't really grabbed me yet...[/QUOTE]
Odin Sphere is a brawler

So am I safe to assume that once I learn how to make Healing Tonics, that I should be making a bunch of those before I go into bosses, like the two bosses in Chapter 4(after the initial one)
The one with two Bezerkers and bazillions of those bomber dudes and the final boss
? NVM on the spoilers, but how about as just a good strategy in general. I'm hoping that as my HP lvling increases, that I learn how to make better potions. Does that happen or not?

And from the features list, is it safe to assume that
once I've "beaten" Gwendolyn's story that I'll be somebody she's met and see what he's done before and after their encounter and so on and so forth, which is why there's five columns and a lot of cinematic spots in the story menu
?

You make better potion with the Elixir alchemy text which you dont get for a while. It is also important to make napalm, Unlimited POW, and painkiller.

Try getting a 90 material, which will get you a lot of phozon.

2 Mulberry Seeds + 10 Phozons = 4 Mulberries
Material 0 + 3 Mulberries = Material 15
Material 0 + Mulberry + trash item = Material 6
Material 15 + Material 6 = Material 90

As for your second question, yes
, but the second book is someone you havent met yet.

[quote name='62t']You make better potion with the Elixir alchemy text which you dont get for a while. It is also important to make napalm, Unlimited POW, and painkiller.

Try getting a 90 material, which will get you a lot of phozon.

2 Mulberry Seeds + 10 Phozons = 4 Mulberries
Material 0 + 3 Mulberries = Material 15
Material 0 + Mulberry + trash item = Material 6
Material 15 + Material 6 = Material 90

As for your second question, yes
, but the second book is someone you havent met yet.
[/quote]
:lol: I have none of that at the moment (just started Chapter 5), but I'll see what I can pick up. I'm not a fan of the environmental damage stuff.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: I have none of that at the moment (just started Chapter 5), but I'll see what I can pick up. I'm not a fan of the environmental damage stuff.[/QUOTE]
Near the end of a book 2 there is an regular enemy that could be a pain to kill if you dont have napalm or other attack potion. Plus it is always great to kill boss (4 napalm took out the end boss at the end of book 2 for me)

Oswald
is ridiculously powerful. Holy damn. It feels so awesome to play as him because you're just owning enemies left and right. That includes bosses.

Anyone have any tips for beating the final boss of Book 2? I can't figure out his patterns, and when I should be dodging and when I should be attacking. Any suggestions?

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Anyone have any tips for beating the final boss of Book 2? I can't figure out his patterns, and when I should be dodging and when I should be attacking. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Well I killed it using 4 napalms. I would just run around and try to hit him in the back as much as possible. Painkiller would be a big help.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Anyone have any tips for beating the final boss of Book 2? I can't figure out his patterns, and when I should be dodging and when I should be attacking. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Napalm, painkiller and overload. He'll go down in no time.

For some reason, I think I missed the Painkiller recipe way back in Gwen's story even though I know I didn't skip any battles. fuck. And I'm almost done with Oswald's. I guess I don't really need it, though it was totally useful when I got some from a chest.

Oh for fuck's sake, just checked my save file and I DID miss the Painkiller recipe somehow, probably by neglecting to pick it up or some shit. It's the only recipe I DON'T have. I think for now I'm just going to skip it though unless it becomes necessary, I'm sure as hell not replaying through 2 of Gwen's chapters again unless I have to. I really think Jesus hates me.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Oh for fuck's sake, just checked my save file and I DID miss the Painkiller recipe somehow, probably by neglecting to pick it up or some shit. It's the only recipe I DON'T have. I think for now I'm just going to skip it though unless it becomes necessary, I'm sure as hell not replaying through 2 of Gwen's chapters again unless I have to. I really think Jesus hates me.[/QUOTE]

It's for having a black boyfriend, I swear!!!1

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Oh for fuck's sake, just checked my save file and I DID miss the Painkiller recipe somehow, probably by neglecting to pick it up or some shit. It's the only recipe I DON'T have. I think for now I'm just going to skip it though unless it becomes necessary, I'm sure as hell not replaying through 2 of Gwen's chapters again unless I have to. I really think Jesus hates me.[/QUOTE]

you might have to redo the Gwen quest if your really unpowered in armageddon chapter. i don't think it matters, that boss attacks are really easy to avoid

[quote name='Moxio']It's for having a black boyfriend, I swear!!!1[/QUOTE]
I broke up with him because he turned out to be an asshole. We'd been friends for a year and a half before we started dating, and we probably should have stayed friends. When it comes to a relationship, he acts like a child.

Though his tomfoolery is the reason why I picked up Odin Sphere to begin with last weekend. See, I tied it into the topic at hand. :lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I broke up with him because he turned out to be an asshole. We'd been friends for a year and a half before we started dating, and we probably should have stayed friends. When it comes to a relationship, he acts like a child.

Though his tomfoolery is the reason why I picked up Odin Sphere to begin with last weekend. See, I tied it into the topic at hand. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Word on the street is you're single, unavailable, and longing for some hot action.

CML.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'] I really think Jesus hates me.[/QUOTE]
It's because you're from RI. Jesus hates all us New Englanders, didn't you know XD

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I broke up with him because he turned out to be an asshole. We'd been friends for a year and a half before we started dating, and we probably should have stayed friends. When it comes to a relationship, he acts like a child.

Though his tomfoolery is the reason why I picked up Odin Sphere to begin with last weekend. See, I tied it into the topic at hand. :lol:[/quote]

Odin Sphere: Better than Ben & Jerry's!

Still, I refuse to believe you're a woman. Gay man, yes, NTTAWWT. Woman, inconceivable. There simply are no women on the internets, anywhere, ever!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You know what really grinds my gears? When I can't find the Carroteers I'm looking for.[/quote]
The Jedi strike again.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Odin Sphere: Better than Ben & Jerry's![/QUOTE]
To be fair, I purchased the game BEFORE I broke up with him... he ditched me the whole Memorial Day weekend to play nerdy ass computer games even when he told me he was coming to see me and didn't tell me he changed his mind till mid-afternoon that day... So shortly after that conversation I walked to EB and bought this. ;)

And yes, I'm a female. I've posted pics before also.;)

I beat the boss with 4 napalms and a Phozon Burst. Napalms are fucking powerful!
Is it possible to leave places that you've entered during the middle of a chapter? Say I go to
Titania
at the end of book 2. However, I realize I'm underleveled and under-equipped. Can I leave and go to another location to power up?

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']
Is it possible to leave places that you've entered during the middle of a chapter? Say I go to
Titania
at the end of book 2. However, I realize I'm underleveled and under-equipped. Can I leave and go to another location to power up?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yes.[/quote]
Is that what the home button does? I thought that just restarted the level with all items and XP you've gained.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Is that what the home button does? I thought that just restarted the level with all items and XP you've gained.[/QUOTE]
You exit the level with all the stuff you got from the level.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but you dumped him again?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']To be fair, I purchased the game BEFORE I broke up with him... he ditched me the whole Memorial Day weekend to play nerdy ass computer games even when he told me he was coming to see me and didn't tell me he changed his mind till mid-afternoon that day... So shortly after that conversation I walked to EB and bought this. ;)

And yes, I'm a female. I've posted pics before also.;)[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but you dumped him again?[/quote]

Oh, please, the soap opera that is Dead of Knight's life and his many trials and tribulations on the road to finding true love is LOADS more interesting than the average discussion we get here.

Which is to say, Dead of Knight has been in a relationship. Most of us... eeeh. ;)

[quote name='Kayden']Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but you dumped him again?[/QUOTE]
This is a different dude. I'm done with the lawyer for good. And this guy too.

And RollingSkull, I'm a female. "His?" WTF? ;)

Back to the game. I just got to the last character's story. She is weak as fuck compared to Oswald, whose story I just breezed through. What the shit? This game would have been more entertaining if you just played as Oswald or Oswald-caliber characters the whole time. There's no need to make one character super-powerful and the next one super-weak.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']And RollingSkull, I'm a female. "His?" WTF? ;)[/quote]

Women.

On the internets.

A laughable idea at best.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Your title is appropriate in this situation. :lol:[/quote]

You wish me to produce evidence that women and the internets are like oil and water? Why, you'd just as soon ask me to produce evidence to prove the law of gravity, the Pythagorean theorem, the idea that truth is absolute, or Euclid's 5th postulate. There exist certain truisms in life that form the basis from which any sane philosophy is based. The lack of women on the internets is simply one of those self-defining truths, no matter how much you wish to claim the contrary, Mr. Knight.

[quote name='pete5883']So now that the honeymoon is over, is this still a good game? Haven't opened mine yet.[/QUOTE]
Yup, still good. In fact it's even better.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Jeez, the Netherworlds are slowdown central.

I don't want to know why
the Queen of the Dead has a spider for a cooch.
[/QUOTE]it's a vicious std dood,

do u kno how much of a slut u gotta be to be queen of the underworld??

a big one!

Wow.

I ordered this game on May 23, 2007.

Over two weeks later, on June 7, 2007, it finally ships.

Now to wait a week for it to arrive. :lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Your title is appropriate in this situation. :lol:[/quote]

He just wants pics, PM him some and put an end to his psychobabble!:roll:

bread's done
Back