Odin Sphere - Geeze The Animation is Amazing!

Im female
I have this game
and its totally whoopin my butt. WTF? I dont know what Im doing wrong.. but the stupid witch in the forest during book one keeps killing me repeatedly. I think I just suck at the game. The last two things I played were isometric on the DS (Lunar Knights, Scurge) and the perspective switch has me messed up...yea thats a good excuse. :D

Is it just me or is Mercedes's story really easy? I get ridiculous amounts of money from enimies, I never get hit by attacks, and the bosses are really easy with long range weapons (Except
the socerer guy took me like 30 minutes because I got turned into a frog, then it took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to damage him.
).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']All men who ask for nudes should reciprocate with nudes also. ;)[/quote]
That's a dangerous proposition! ..and your birthday is eerily close to mine, second person I've ever come across as such.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Is it just me or is Mercedes's story really easy? I get ridiculous amounts of money from enimies, I never get hit by attacks, and the bosses are really easy with long range weapons (Except
the socerer guy took me like 30 minutes because I got turned into a frog, then it took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to damage him.
).[/QUOTE]

A lot of people find Mercedes very easy. I personally found her annoying as shit, and found Oswald to be much easier and enjoyable. I would say he is my favorite of the five after playing them all.

I'm liking Cornelius' playstyle so far, though his lack of flight will take some getting used to. I got to the second chapter and stopped at the first store. The game's a lot more fun when I get the region map early on so that I'm not hoping that I don't run into a boss battle I'm not ready to face yet.

[quote name='kittycatgirl2k']Im female
I have this game
and its totally whoopin my butt. WTF? I dont know what Im doing wrong.. but the stupid witch in the forest during book one keeps killing me repeatedly. I think I just suck at the game. The last two things I played were isometric on the DS (Lunar Knights, Scurge) and the perspective switch has me messed up...yea thats a good excuse. :D[/QUOTE]
2 napalm should take out like half her life, then just use the glide attack.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']All men who ask for nudes should reciprocate with nudes also. ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL you say that like guys would not do something like that XD haha.

Anyways, I think I'll probably be getting this one when I head back to Miami sometime in July. I just have such a huge backlog of games though...I even have Okami still wrapped up. I guess I should take care of those and then get this game (Since I'm not playing FFXI for a few months...but I'm still playing too much Pokemon)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']A lot of people find Mercedes very easy. I personally found her annoying as shit, and found Oswald to be much easier and enjoyable. I would say he is my favorite of the five after playing them all.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I found Mercedes incredible annoying with the reload rather refill pow. Her attacks aren't quite as good since they don't auto target. They start attacking parts that does zero damage unless you do a multi missile attack then it auto target it, namely the 2 bosses in Armageddon (2nd and last one).

I found Oswald insanely powerful with his lighting fast attacks and high damage. I finish his path under 3 hours.

I dont think Mercedes was so bad because her attack is so strong. You can take out a large amount of life with a few hits. Oswald is also good, epically if you use Unlimited Pow along with his Shadow form.

I got halfway through the Velvet campaign before Tomb Raider anniversary decided to steal my life from me. But I must say that this was a very good/ borderline great game though I don't like playing as Velvet much. I got to Odin and he can kill me with one hit from his mace. I suppose I could beat him if I'm extremely patient and consentrate to an insane degree, but I fought him for over an hour before giving up. Perhaps I should go back to my base and level up some, but I hate the idea of having to replay those two lion mini-boss guys at the same time. It's probably just as well that Tomb Raider came out when it did, because once I take a break I'll be more willing to jump back into Odin Sphere's difficulty spike.

And without giving anything away, how long is the final book? I mean I've heard that you can choose who to play as in parts, so if it's 7 dungeons couldn't you play the entire campaign as Gwendolyn, then the entire campaign as Cornelius, and so on and so forth, thus making it as long as the rest of the game combined?

While Odin has a move that can kill you in one hit, it is pretty easy to avoid. Just keep running to the opposite direction. Also try using painkiller if you are having problem.

Without spoiling anything, you have to use all 5 characters in the final book. It should last about an hour.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I got halfway through the Velvet campaign before Tomb Raider anniversary decided to steal my life from me. But I must say that this was a very good/ borderline great game though I don't like playing as Velvet much. I got to Odin and he can kill me with one hit from his mace. I suppose I could beat him if I'm extremely patient and consentrate to an insane degree, but I fought him for over an hour before giving up. Perhaps I should go back to my base and level up some, but I hate the idea of having to replay those two lion mini-boss guys at the same time. It's probably just as well that Tomb Raider came out when it did, because once I take a break I'll be more willing to jump back into Odin Sphere's difficulty spike.
[/QUOTE]
I had an insanely easy time with Odin as Velvet. It's easy to avoid that attack with her, never had it hit me. Just go in the opposite direction.. she also can use that hook to swing away.

Unfortunately, though, the stage after him is fucking anal rape. No other way around it. It's Titania, except with an UNGODLY number of enemies, including WAY MORE SLIMES than ever before, and Velvet has no choice but to kill them the old fashioned way like Cornelius- with potions. Even without the slimes it seems really fucking brutal for some reason. I played for a little bit but then stopped for the night. Velvet is weak as fuck and this is just plain frustrating.

God, the last book is a bitch.
I beat the first three bosses using the characters in the text, now I'm on the 4th one. It's not really a hard boss, but Velvet does crap damage, so it's going to take a while. If anyone has any tips on that boss or Gwen's it'd be appreciated.
I'll be glad when I'm done with this game.

just got this game yesterday and I love the animation and art style. this is easily going to become one of my favorite games.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']God, the last book is a bitch.
I beat the first three bosses using the characters in the text, now I'm on the 4th one. It's not really a hard boss, but Velvet does crap damage, so it's going to take a while. If anyone has any tips on that boss or Gwen's it'd be appreciated.
I'll be glad when I'm done with this game.[/QUOTE]

I don't think either boss are that hard. Both boss attacks are pretty easy to avoid. The problem with Velvet her attack damage sprays apart, you must hit the enemy dead center for full damage.

You can't avoid the long process of the 4th boss, it's the same as 2nd boss no matter how high your damage is, you must kill them x amount of times. Her attacks are meant for that boss since her attack sprays apart it is good enough to handle those mechanical arms that spawn out while focusing on the eye.

The 5th boss is easy as well. You might fall down if you get hit by a attack.It is very easy avoid, just use invisible spell to climb to top. Like the 2nd boss, after dealing x amount of damage, the boss will force you down 2 times. Then you need to re-climb the boss and start hacking.

[quote name='Moxio']Sounds now like you hate it.[/QUOTE]
I know, right? I really want this game, but some of the things I've read in this thread make me hesitatant.

I'll give you $20 so you can be rid of it!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Finally beat the goddamn game. Now I can move on.[/quote]

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']So whats the deal with these slimes?[/QUOTE]
If you're using Cornelious can keep doing down attack until they drop a O potion which will kill it, or just use a Napalm. After chapter 2 you can kill them with Mercedes regular attack, Oswald's shadow form or Velvet's homing attack.

[quote name='Kayden']I'll give you $20 so you can be rid of it![/QUOTE]

No, may as well go to Gamestop, where they offer $18 for it.

Are you fucking serious that the slimes could be killed with Velvet's homing attack? fuck fuck fuck. I had the worst time with them and just used items. That would have saved me a lot of trouble.... That's what I get for never using the homing attack.

I do like this game, but it can be frustrating a lot, though I bet a lot of this is due to me sucking at these types of games. Was worth a playthrough at least though.

Yea the homing attack can kill those slims in one hit. While it took like half of your pow bar, it knocks down enemies and does a lot of damage. In some of the harder stage I just use the homing attack over and over.

Whats the best way to beat these purple robed wizards? They seem to warp away everytime you get one hit or even before you can get a hit in. The only thing I can think of is to make Blizzard potions and kill them while frozen, but I'd have to restock on those purple things that make them.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Whats the best way to beat these purple robed wizards? They seem to warp away everytime you get one hit or even before you can get a hit in. The only thing I can think of is to make Blizzard potions and kill them while frozen, but I'd have to restock on those purple things that make them.[/QUOTE]
you can stun them by hitting their sword back at them, but to me thats not really worth the trouble. You should be able to get at least 1 hit before the disappear. It will take a while but it shouldnt be too bad.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I take it Quick Grow potions auto-grow all seeds you have planted, or does it just make them require less phozons?[/quote] Yeah it makes any plant that is in the green cloud that it makes grow with out phozons. I think that it's cloud will disappear after it completes like 8 plants though.

Just started this the other night. S'ok so far. But what's the deal with the 2nd chapter minibosses? They spend all of their time either jumping offscreen where you can't see them, or showering you with poison. Cheap.

[quote name='pete5883']Just started this the other night. S'ok so far. But what's the deal with the 2nd chapter minibosses? They spend all of their time either jumping offscreen where you can't see them, or showering you with poison. Cheap.[/QUOTE]
All of the bosses telegraph their moves so you should be able to tell what's coming (it even shows up on the radar). The problem is that your attack animation is so long that you may not have time to jump out of the way if you're in front. Most times you can use it to your advantage by stalling in front of them, let them start an attack then jump over and attack from behind.

I ordered this jam from Buy.com via Google and it's still not shipping even though they list it as In Stock.

Anybody else still waiting on it? I ordered last Sunday.

[quote name='willardhaven']I ordered this jam from Buy.com via Google and it's still not shipping even though they list it as In Stock.

Anybody else still waiting on it? I ordered last Sunday.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I've been waiting for over 3 weeks.

Enjoying it a little more (Chapter 5 in the first book,) but boy is this going to drag after a while. Getting my HP exp. up seems to take forever.

[quote name='pete5883']Enjoying it a little more (Chapter 5 in the first book,) but boy is this going to drag after a while. Getting my HP exp. up seems to take forever.[/QUOTE]
Once you start getting more recipe it will be easier. Personally I think it is more important to get higher psypher level.

Its really not that hard once you start abusing the potions. You can go into battles with Unlimited Power, Painkiller, maybe the occasional Ice or Fire Shield, maybe some offensive stuff like Napalm, and power your way through the stage, get a high score, and get enough stuff to make more potions.

[quote name='pete5883']I'm glad I figured out how to take multiple bites of food without bringing the menu back up repeatedly.[/QUOTE]

Uh how? xD

bread's done
Back