Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I saw it I knew I had seen that online, and I thought it might have been worth something. And the guy was pulling all the Mario games without knowing what he really had.

Found these today at a "arts/crafts/antiques/etc" festival in one of the towns nearby. Marked $5 each and wouldn't budge (selling them for her grandson). Still at $5 each, I can't really complain that much.

All 4 are complete and in really nice shape. Other than that, not much in my area today.

That reminds me. Earlier today I got excited when I found Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS2 for $1, and I opened it up to see what condition it was in only to find...Sim City 2000 PS1. ANd then the guy said he ahd no idea where it was.

Nice score on the Zelda OoT/Master Quest.

Today I bought a Cookie and a "Blondie", Its a brownie W/o chocolate and it has butterscotch chips on it, for $2. They were tasty.
At the same sale (It was like a Church Flea market thing o_O) This guy was selling a NES for $50....nuff said.

2 PC Games (CIJ) - 1
The Morrowind Prophecies GOTYE Guide .25
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Complete) - 15
Playstation 2 With Controller & Hookups - 2
Red Dead Redemption (360, Complete Including Map) - 5
Crash Games - 4ish
4 SNES, 2 N64 & Mario Kart Double Dash (No Manual) - 15

The 2 PC games were actually from the regular at the flea market on 9-25-11 and were asking .50 each. Guide was asking price at a church sale and SMG2 was marked 25 offerd to do 15 and I bit. SMG2 and the guide were actually from 9-24-11.

Playstation 2 was asking price, RDR was asking 10 to which I offered 5....check inside with Jr and while reluctant it was accepted. The crash games were 2 each and I got a .50 CD added in with them, Crash Bash is actually Crash 2 (GH) with the wrong manual. The last bundle I actually offered 10 for 4 games that were marked 12 then got Doom 64 added in for 2 (marked 3) then actaully stoppped back and offered 3 for both of the Star Wars games (marked 3 each) by this time only a younger kid out watching the sale and for some unknow reason he told me that 2 for both would be ok from my offer of 3 but I wasen't going to complain.

Boxed NES With Hookups Controllers, 13 Games & Super Mario 3 Guide - 51

Asked about video games and this was brought out along with some Game Boy stuff. I was ready for trouble as it was brought out and put down and the one lady was counting the games while the other lady told me to hold on as the other tallied it up and it wasen't like I wasen't giving them space I was planing on staying back and giving them space till the lady looking at the stuff was done. After I looked it over I was told 25 for each (original) Game Boy system, 35 for the NES and 5 per a game....cutting to the end of it after a long battle I ended up just going with the NES stuff for 50, the guide was put aside and I mentioned that it goes with the NES stuff to which I wasen't allowed to take it with the NES stuff and pointed out that it goes with Mario 3 to which the lady said she realized this but that it didn't come with the game and you would have to buy it seperately at a store.....I did want it since I don't have one and she only asked another dollar for it but I told her that she is one tough cookie after all this to which she appropriately shot back at me with I was tough also.

On 9-23&24-11 I only went to 3 sales nearby on Friday and 17 on Saturday.

One sale was a revisit, tripped over it as an unadvertised a few weeks earlier and when I asked about video games they hinted at something that sounded like it may have been old NES or SNES, went to on Friday and the daughter was at school and didn't round anything up can you come back tomarrow? Saturday she was around but only to say sorry it's only GameCube stuff and nothing for sale - a perfect example of how you shouldn't take anything with more then a grain of salt till you see it and not go way out of your way when a seller hints at something but asks you to come back later, tomarrow or take your number etc.

For most expensive I can think of two, a sale I see some current & last gen games and mostly PS2. I see a Star Wars Battlefront II (PS2) and the only PS2 game priced was Finding Nemo for a buck so I figure the PS2 games are a buck each. I show the lady the game and check "a buck each?" to which she informs me in a tone that almost sounded as if this is advantageous for me that they looked them up online and proceeded to pull out a little cheat sheet type deal and tell me that Stars Wars is "newer" and is 10 and I think she then mentioned that it sells for 20 online to which I said good grief and asked if she got it confused with a Star Wars game for a newer system. I wasen't looking to try and argue and quickly thanked her anyways and put the games down and left. I'm thinking she acidently looked up the Xbox version since it's not worth nearly that much on the PS2 and sells for 7.99 used at GameStop. The sale I got SMG2 at advertised Wii and games and was pretty much over priced all across the board, IIRC one of the Rockbands (whole band deal) for 100 or 120 the system itself for 120 (I think the only extra over a new system was an extra WiiMote) and games for I think 10-25 each with the next best from what I picked up being Mario Party 8 for 25. Also had a DS Lite with about 8 card only games for 60 which wasen't too bad with the best being one of the Pokemon games & Mario 64 and next best being some lesser then Pokemon games. This was a High School aged girl and at least she was willing to bend on the prices as she did with what I got and it wasen't even 8 yet.

For 9-30-11 & 10-1-11 I went to 6 sales Friday & 9 Saturday and lucked out finding something video game related at 5 out of the 15.

The PS2 system was rather funny as it was by a pile of PS2 games marked 5 each but did belong to someone else according to the initials.

The house I got the NES stuff at was in a nicer part of town and usually the nicer areas around here have a higher idea of what prices should be at a yardsale. When I was told 5 a game I kind of winched and commented about how I'm used to paying more like a buck for any kind of older game. These folks were ready to play hardball. I let them know that I was thinking more like in the 20-50 range for everything and the reply was both a) well we still have two days to sell b) we have grandkids as in we ain't really interested in going lower then a certain point or we'll just keep it. The lady at least was willing to do better, but only 4 per a game each up to 75 for everything. I look at both of the game boys and they both have batteries in them that are a mess and leaking so at this point I decide to pass on them completely and the 25 starting price was way too high anyways. I offer 40 for the NES stuff and 3 Game Boy games to which the lady countered with 50 for the NES stuff and 4 for any Game Boy games on top of that so I just went with the NES stuff. I asked about the last time the sytem was used and pointed out the power cord afterwards since it did have a small patch of duct tape on it and at least the lady didn't just say it works and said she didn't know but was quick to point out the unspoken rule of being as-is being a yardsale, like I said she was tough, hell probably tougher then any of the sellers I've dealt with at the flea over the years. When I pointed out the leaked batteries her response was pretty much oh well it happens as if she didn't care and as if I was a tire kicker and she didn't care what I pointed out and that she wasen't going to let me use anything as a bargaining point. A few of the Game Boy games had manuals and the only one I didn't already own was Chase H.Q. The Game Boy games consisted of Chase H.Q. x2, Tetris x2, Super Mario Land, Baseball, Nemesis & Super R.C. Pro Am and maybe one more I'm forgetting.

I wasen't told about anything I missed this weekend or last weekend but I did pass on a PS2 system with a network adaptor and about 5 games that they were asking 20 for that wasen't a bad deal at all. Right after I bought RDR another guy grabbed 2 sports games and the lady told him 10 each to which he ok'd, I left but I wonder if he at least misunderstood her and though 10 for both.

For anything else expensive, a PS2 bundle for 100 with about 10 games (nothing special) and at a few random sales $10 current gen, $5 last gen dreck games that isn't even worth that much anywere let alone at a yardsale.

The sale I got the SNES, N64 stuff at is a house I actually have been to before. I only even bothered stopping by becasue about a month or so ago somebody told me at a different yardsale that a family member would be having a yardsale soon at said address and that somebody in the family would have an Atari to sell. I don't get my hope too high as it could simply be that said person has a newer system that they use and someone else figures that they would want to sell some old system they still have. I know it's a longshot but I show up to the house anyways right at 8 and realize it's a house from 2 years ago that I've mentioned before that I asked about older games at and they wanted 50 or something like that for a Genesis system with maybe 10 common to ho-hum games. Much to my surprise it ended up being some newer stuff with a few older cart games in the mix and not too expensive. I actually left and came back for the Star Wars games as I was passing by as I realized I didn't take a good look at the price on them, came back and they were still around with only a Pokemon Snap (marked 3) that was gone.

Xbox 360 Box Only - Free
Image Fight & Caliber .50 - 5
Sonic & Knuckles Collection (CIJ) - .50
Interact CD Holder Thing - 1
TI-86 With Packaging, Book & Cord - 1
Bill Goldberg I'm Next - 1
Star Wars Shadows of The Empire - 1
Game Boy Advance System With Some Misc - 2
PSone System Boxed (No A/V Cord but it did have a generic memory card), 5 PS1 Games, Grabbed By The Ghoulies (Disk Only) & A Quarter - 6

I got the empty Xbox box last Sunday when I helped a friend move, it was in the attic at his new place. The next two cart only games I got this past Monday at the pawn shop and was spared the tax on them. Sonic & Knuckles was asking price, the CD Wallet was at a sale with no prices (donate what you want for it) and was all going to a cat shelter. TI-86 asked 3 and took a buck. The last four were all from a flea market they do twice a year around here, the book and GBA system were both asking price. N64 game asked 2 took 1. The last find I was told all of the games were .50 each so I picked out 6 and asked about the PSone and was told it was 5 and I noticed no A/V cord and offered 6 for all. The box seems to be missing 1 half of the styrofoam and minor things like bags for the controller, cords etc but it did include the paperwork that came with the system. The quarter I found when I got home in the plastic bag I was given for the system :D

I only had a list of about 10 sales for Saturday and skipped going out Friday with only a few sales. Ended up actually getting to 16 with some unadvertised sales not including the biannual flea market. This will probably be the last good weekend around my neck of the woods for yardsaling, I actually had a list of about 40 yardsales I've been to before that were going on this weekend so I could have done a lot more yardsaling if I didn't skip all of the houses I've been to before. This seemed to be the week around here that everyone that wanted to have a yardsale did figuring it may be the last chance.

One house said they sold all of the Playstation games Friday, another advertised PS2 & Xbox games and was picked clean with an Xbox football game & demo disks left when I got to the sale I'm guessing shortly before 9 (started at 7), when I asked about older games it sounded like Jr was somewhat of a collector with systems going as far back as the Atari.

I don't remember seeing anything way over the top expensive but I did pass on a few good PS2 games for 2 bucks each at the flea that I would have surely picked up at that price if I didn't have them, namely - Devil May Cry, God of War, Resident Evil 4 & Code: Veronica X. Another seller had some worthwhile PS2 stuff I didn't bother with since I have all of the games I would have been otherwise interested in.

Nothing amazing but it could have been worse and I wasen't even thinking I'd end up going out this weekend. Yes I'm struggling to put together enough even mildly worthwhile stuff to mention and even included misc stuff from the past week and non gaming stuff since I was able to fit it all in one picture.

Got some sick stuff to share with you guys today. Had an awesome time getting this stuff because I went with my friends this time.

Here's a pic of the total haul
picture.php

The games are:

Platoon- NES
Festers Quest- NES
X-Men- NES
The Punisher- NES
R.C Pro-Am- NES
Bart Vs. the World- NES
Track and Field 2- NES
Donkey Kong Country 2- SNES
Yoshis Island- SNES
Tetris and Dr. Mario- SNES
FINAL FANTASY III- SNES
$ 1each :bouncy:

Also picked up this boxed dreamcast for $10(initial offer was 20 but I brought him down)
picture.php

The power pad and eliminator cleaning system were $5 for both

The house I got the game gear from was selling just the game but when I bought it they said they were just about to throw out the nonworking system so they gave me a free "broken game gear with a case and rechargeable battery pack. Took it home and it works perfectly :D

The FF III cart was my favorite pick of the day. It was just sitting next to the free stuff so the lady offered me a dollar. I asked if she had anymore and she said someone bought all the other SNES stuff. Which makes me ask myself, who buys SNES stuff and leaves FF III???! :dunce: but who cares it's mine now ;)

GARAGE SALE SECRET!!!!!
95% of my finds from today are things that people brought out after I asked for video games. For some reason people just dont put out their old nintendos at garage sales. If you want to find some awesome stuff you gotta ask :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great finds, give you props, but here's a secret, that's not a secret. I think everyone on here asks. I ask at every sale I go to, even if it's old women and the sale is full of old stuff (It actually paid off once).

But seriously, great finds on all that stuff.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Great finds, give you props, but here's a secret, that's not a secret. I think everyone on here asks. I ask at every sale I go to, even if it's old women and the sale is full of old stuff (It actually paid off once).

But seriously, great finds on all that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah I'm sure all the seasoned garage salers do, but every once in a while on here you get new people asking for tips so that was more for them :)
And thanks dude, I was really happy with it

I've only seen a Dreamcast once, and they wanted $45 for it. I may not know much about them, but I know overpriced when I see it.

[quote name='Eagle3ye']Well yeah I'm sure all the seasoned garage salers do, but every once in a while on here you get new people asking for tips so that was more for them :)
And thanks dude, I was really happy with it[/QUOTE]

He's referring to me. And
tip appreciated!

Yard sale season refuses to die here (it was rather unseasonably warm today) - fine by me! We were out for almost four hours and I kept finding stuff right up til the very end. Gotta love it. Here's my gaming stuff.

5d6efeb4dd86da56f7d93eff8ee64ba8.jpg

PS1 Games: Beyblade, Shrek Treasure Hunt, Creatures, Gubble - $2 for all
Cheap games, exactly the sort I tend to pick up early in the day. Whatever "Gubble" is, I had to have it for some reason.

f985fe942eb1955d2f338f5c3e3de9fb.jpg

Leisure Suit Larry 5 (Mac)
PS1 Monster Rancher 2, Intelligent Qube - $10 all
My second MR2 in a row (one of my all-time favorite games but I think I have 4 copies now.) Intelligent Qube I only knew about from this thread.
And as for Larry, I figure a complete old Sierra adventure has to be worth picking up.

5f4d5094241db227df8e9d4cc81cecf3.jpg

:360: Dead or Alive 4, MotionSports - $5 for both
Not as hot a deal as the last Kinect game I scored but still pretty nice.

58b495aa948755502d02ed0e7c099b92.jpg

NES Kirby's Adventure (CIB)
Genesis: X-men, Taz-mania, Cool Spot, Cyborg Justice, General Chaos, X-men (again), Vectorman, Comix Zone
:dvd: Nightmare Before Christmas Special Edition
- $5 total
Genesis games were marked $.50 each so I'll call this a fine deal. This is my second boxed Kirby but this one's nicer.

c2f177a572a1ba445f9b31f03021c049.jpg

:gc: Wavebird w/ receiver and GCN memory card - $5
Not too cheap but I know these are worth it. It's in very nice condition, has the battery cover and everything.

1a3b4c8a4358d627cfd611c49accbc16.jpg

WWF Royal Rumble, IMG International Tour Tennis, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, Bulls vs. Blazers, NHL 95
Super Smash TV, Zero Tolerance, Ariel: The Little Mermaid, Sonic, Triple Score (3 pak w/ Super hang-on, World Championship Soccer, & Columns)
Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition
Toy Story, College Football's National Championship, Jungle Strike, F22 Interceptor
Another Genesis Lot - $6 (IAP was $1 a game)

Mostly sports but some neat games missing from my collection. (SMASH TV!) They're in great shape and most have posters and extra inserts. Including this Sonic 2 poster which is too cool for words and is totally going on my wall.

48d7f4b74ec833c1379db5a69e6e6bbe.jpg

:ps2: system w/ memory card, video & power cable, & network adapter, SNES Game Genie & Batman Forever w/ crushed box - $15
Weird lot but I did buy these together. The PS2 is in great shape and of course the network adapter is a nice bonus. Very rare to see PS2's this cheap and mine is on the fritz anyway (it basically refuses to play DVDs for example) so I'm glad to have it.

There are a lot of nice finds on here this week! It's funny about Earthbound, I was originally interested in the game for the value too but, the more I look for it the more I want to play it.
Nothing stellar with finds this week. Did get a PS2 with about 10 common games for $10.
Favorite find of the weekend. An electric smoker. Let the jerky making commence!

[quote name='dasme313']There are a lot of nice finds on here this week! It's funny about Earthbound, I was originally interested in the game for the value too but, the more I look for it the more I want to play it.[/QUOTE]

It's really not that fantastic of a game, aside from the setting and overall aesthetic the game-play is really underwhelming. It's pretty much your average everyday Dragon Quest style battle system with a rolling health feature that adds a little strategy. I spent about 9 hours with my copy of the game before realizing it was one of the single most boring games I have ever played. I really tried to give it a chance but I just couldn't get into it - with that said, I pretty much loath any game with a Dragon Quest style battle system (animation-free battle systems where you fight static enemies).

I loved Earthbound, if not just for the art and the completely ridiculous plot. I don't have a copy, I gave up and emulated it.

There was supposed to be a huge sale today and I was actually going to be able to go for once, but it started poring rain. Seeing everyone's finds is making me jealous.

[quote name='aptanor']I loved Earthbound, if not just for the art and the completely ridiculous plot. I don't have a copy, I gave up and emulated it.

There was supposed to be a huge sale today and I was actually going to be able to go for once, but it started poring rain. Seeing everyone's finds is making me jealous.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better I didn't get anything good either but I guess you have to look first though. -_-

I've liked what I've played of it so far, though combat takes a little getting used to. It'll probably be a while until I can sell it so I'll try playing a bit of it, see how far I can get.

[quote name='aptanor']I loved Earthbound, if not just for the art and the completely ridiculous plot. I don't have a copy, I gave up and emulated it.
[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the art and setting, but the gameplay itself was just terribly boring - I just wouldn't recommend the game to anyone that doesn't already enjoy DQ style battle systems in their RPGs.

I'm aquiring a taste for turn based combat. I love what I've played of Paper Mario and KotOR, but Earthbound is a whole new level.

I wasn't able to get out as much as I wanted to this year, so these are really my only yard sale finds this season. It's a shame, but my job took up most of my weekends.

IMG_1018.jpg

Penguin Wars and Bart vs The Juggernauts were .50 a piece, WWF No Mercy and Goldeneye were .75 each, and the two copies of Final Fantasy 8 were a buck each. I didn't really feel like haggling, so I just paid asking price. The FF8s have near mint discs, though the cases could use replacing, and only one is complete with the manual and mini walkthrough. I'll probably sell one and make back the money I spent, or give it to a friend or something.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Dairy Queen style battles?

I like Dairy Queen a lot.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest. I was just too lazy to type it out in my last post since I typed it several times in the post before it.

This weekend's finds were great! Went with two of my friends and hit a whopping total of two different sales. Here's the results.

DSCN0118.jpg

Warning - I'm a tad bit descriptive in the spoiler ;)
NES Top Loader with 26 Games - $60
This was at a sale where there was absolutely nothing visible, but when my friend asked her if there were games she pointed under the table and my friend dug out this box that had been surrounded by other boxes. It was labeled "Nintendo with 26 games, 3 controllers, hookups." The woman wanted sixty and absolutely insisted she would not budge because she had browsed the internet and knew the top loading model was more valuable than the standard. Some of the games were dupes, however. There also ended up being two Zappers in the box (one broken :evil:)

Being the sucker I am for NES stuff the moment I saw it sitting in the box I knew I was going to buy it because I just don't see stuff like this around here too often. Myself and my three friends ended up buying it together and splitting it up - I paid 30 and got the system and 7 games, friend paid 20 and took the games he didnt have - third friend who pointed out the system paid the last 10 and I agreed to give him my toaster model NES (he didn't previously own one), along with the games that were remaining, as thanks for pointing the box out to me.

Super NES and 2x Genesis Model 3
- $25
Now there's a bit of a story with this sale - we pull up and the garage is absolutely loaded with stuff. I was looking at tools and whatnot, guns, some really nice stuff, but nothing I'd want to buy. I round a corner of shelves, look up, and my jaw just drops. There were stacks, stacks of consoles - NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, N64, Xbox, Gamecube - just stacks of them. Boxes upon boxes of hookups and cables. I beckon my friends to the aisle and their jaws also hit the floor.

The guy running this sale was probably the coolest guy I have met in my entire life. Picture Santa Claus with a black cowboy hat - that was what he looked like. The guy ends up coming over to us and we begin talking. I ask him how much for his NES titles - he says "$4 each, any game you like." I grabbed copies of Zelda II and Kid Icarus (also pictured). My friend bought an NES advantage for $5 as well. We stuck around and talked to the guy and he says he's been selling them as a post-retirement hobby ever since his previous one - sports card collecting - went downhill and he unloaded his collection for about $300K. :drool: He was telling us stories of selling ROBs in boxes and Virtual Boys with 10 games, stuff like that, at trade conventions or flea markets.

Anyway, he asked me if I'm interested in a console for the games and I told him I bought a top loader at the previous sale. He gave me a funny look and said "You mean a Super Nintendo?" I said "No, an NES, I actually still don't own a Super Nintendo." Surpisingly, after all the stuff he knew about he was unaware that an official top-loading NES existed. He asked to see it. I was a bit apprehensive, figuring he might try to get it from me somehow. But he didn't at all. He said "Y'know, I've seen a lot of game consoles but I've never even heard of this. Mind if I take some photos?" He did so, and said "I think you got a good deal - if you sold the games for $4 like I do you'd profit and have the console to boot." I packed the box back in my car and we went back to his garage.

My friend noticed two model 3 Genesis consoles - the only Genesis consoles in plain sight, surprisingly. My friend asked how much for one. The guy replied. "Tell you what, I like you kids. It was nice of you trust me enough to show me that Nintendo and I feel like I owe you something." He asked my other friend if he had a Genesis, and he replied no. Then he looks at me: "And you said you don't own a Super Nintendo?" I said no. He says "I get people buying Genesis and SNES consoles for almost $30-40 each around here - I'll sell you guys those two Genesis consoles and a Super Nintendo for $25 total. Hookups and controllers included." We agreed and on the way out he handed me a copy of Donkey Kong Country along with three business cards. "If you find any more interesting stuff let me know."

toploaders are cool but unless you plan on modding it I'd rather have a good, refurbished "toaster" model. RF only connection sucks.

[quote name='jer7583']toploaders are cool but unless you plan on modding it I'd rather have a good, refurbished "toaster" model. RF only connection sucks.[/QUOTE]
I had a refurbed toaster using AV and I switched to a top loader with an RF switch, and honestly I can't tell the difference at all.

[quote name='jer7583']toploaders are cool but unless you plan on modding it I'd rather have a good, refurbished "toaster" model. RF only connection sucks.[/QUOTE]

My front-loader was hooked up via RF anyway so it's not that big of a deal to me. I have a daisy chain of RF adapters for a few consoles going now :p

[quote name='C0dy']My front-loader was hooked up via RF anyway so it's not that big of a deal to me. I have a daisy chain of RF adapters for a few consoles going now :p[/QUOTE]
Me too, SNES->Genesis->NES->TV.

I just wanted to report that I finally got someone to test my $2 Xbox and it works perfectly other than missing the cords and the plastic part over the disc drive.

Why wouldnt anyone use composite for NES these days? Everyone probably has a pair of those cables in a box somewhere. They come with like every Blu-ray, dvd, vcr player. On my 42in hdtv and projector I notice quite a difference from RF to composite.

wow, i'm surprised you guys can put up with RF, even on an old tube TV, and especially daisy chaining, the signal gets even worse.

Even as a kid it bothered me how the screen warped and discolored randomly on an RF connection. I guess if that's what you're used to, that's fine.

SNES with S-Video on a flat panel tube is so nice looking though.

So little to report from this past weekend. Hit about 10 sales on Friday and a few on Saturday . . . family obligation has killed Sat.

Not pictured: a complete minty copy of Mortal Kombat 3 PS1 and a scratchy complete copy of Sonic CD that I got at different sales for $1 each.

I also picked up my first copy of P90X . . . for $1. The other times that I've seen it people wanted $50 or more. I'll likely hold it and sell it in Jan. (as I tend to do with exercise DVDs).

My main find of the week came as I looked at a couple PC games and asked about other games. Guy said he had an N64 and a few games and would sell it for $10 . . . had to help him move the TV to disconnect it ;)

Not quite the excellent bundle that I hope for but better than some crappy ones that I've gotten. Tried to get him to throw in the Contra game but had to pay $1 extra. Funny, I loved Shattered Soldier (back in 04) and wanted Legacy of War but couldn't find it for cheap enough at the time . . . now its worth squat but its cool to finally get a copy.

[quote name='jer7583']wow, i'm surprised you guys can put up with RF, even on an old tube TV, and especially daisy chaining, the signal gets even worse.

Even as a kid it bothered me how the screen warped and discolored randomly on an RF connection. I guess if that's what you're used to, that's fine.

SNES with S-Video on a flat panel tube is so nice looking though.[/QUOTE]

I have seen a good signal with RF on a SDTV, so its possible to achieve. I think RF adapter quality factors into it somewhat, if you are using a crappy adapter, then it will look worse. Different adapters do give different results. I haven't had any trouble with the picture warping ever but I have seen the RF lines.

Well with my nes toaster the sound is actually better with a RF on my HDTV. I still actually have the action set box with the old old red and yellow only a/v cables. When using the a/v cables the sound isn't coming out of all the speakers of my tv. But when I use RF it's fine. Mine is a 42" 60hz 1080p Vizio I got in 2009.

Also for like snes and n64 added s-video to normal red/yellow/white a/v makes a HUGE difference on HDTV's too. Just like jer said it's really true that s-video makes a huge difference. Just plug in those systems and don't plug in the s-video part of the cable. Look at the screen, then plug in the s-video part. HUGE difference in much better quality.

On ps1 games though I don't think it makes too much of a difference.

That's probably because if you're using the Red/Yellow cables you're only putting one sound channel into the TV and it's only coming out of one speaker. If you use the RF it just plays the mono source on both speakers. See if your TV has a setting to override a mono source. It probably doesn't though. You could always get a cheap splitter and plug the Red input into both the red and white on your tv, and then it would play from both speakers.

[quote name='jer7583']wow, i'm surprised you guys can put up with RF, even on an old tube TV, and especially daisy chaining, the signal gets even worse.

SNES with S-Video on a flat panel tube is so nice looking though.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about geting the AV-S video cable for my SNES/GC/N64 and I was looking at Amazon, would you guys suggest any particular one over another?

Thanks for the input!

I dunno. Quality of materials does matter with those unlike HDMI. You may want to search google for what to look for in S-Video cables as far as quality.

Of course, if you're just hooking it up to an old tube TV you shouldn't go crazy about materials/quality. Just don't buy the cheapest one available.

Pretty nice run today for what's probably the last weekend of the season.

game%252520boy%252520and%252520stuff.jpg

$5 for everything and a carrying case. I asked how much and the kid maybe 13 years old says " 7? 6? 5?" His mom cuts him off and says 5 is fair and I agree.

Better pic of games:
game%252520boy%252520games%2525202.jpg

sonic%252520mario.jpg

$1 each from the same kid. Story about him to follow.

Different yard sale:
accf%252520pogues.jpg

Animal Crossing $3
Pogues CD $1
This kid had some 360 and PS2 games. Nothing I was looking for though. I asked how much for AC and he says 5. I just say thanks and keep browsing. He approaches me like a minute later and says "would you like this for 3?". Bought the CD from his mom for a buck.

Another Sale:

sgt%252520peppers%252520mj.jpg
magic%252520hat%252520glass.jpg

Records $1 each
Glass 50 cents

Also picked up a tape deck adapter (for ipod etc.) at another sale for 50 cents.

So at the game boy / game cube sale I ask the kid if he has any other video game stuff and he says I can just come in the house with him and look around. I didn't really understand his strategy as the games inside the house and outside seemed to be selected at random. The Mario Sunshine was outside and I grabbed the Sonic game inside. In retrospect I should have asked if he had a GBA. I did ask about N64 etc. but he seemed too young anyway. I probably could have bought everything from this kid for practically nothing the way he was dropping the prices before I could respond but there wasn't really much of value or interest.

Got a Sega 16bit plus the 32x adapter, plus sega cd all 3 jammed up and 20 games plus a ram cart every game mint with the foam in the games for 20, seems lawmower man and the ram cart both go for about 40, I was happy, the yardsale before that I ground scored 5 bucks and walked away with a bunch of goodies as well!

ttocs, nice find . . . any pics?

Not a whole lot to report . . . not the slim that SaraAB found, just slim pickings.

On Friday, I hit just something like 5 sales and they were poor at that. I did go to some thrifts and was excited when I saw an Atari flashback 2 in box but pissed when I saw it was $39.99. I bought a big group of music books (maybe 75 about half of which are worth selling) for $60 at one shop--they were marked $7-9 each but the woman running this odd little thrift wanted to deal.

A sale that mentioned games wasn't to start until noon and I had to be at a meeting at 1 . . . so I stopped by at 11. The sale was inside and at first I was disappointed when I saw only about 12 games and initially didn't think I'd get any but picked out these:

My offer of $1 each was accepted. All are complete except Conker but I picked up one with no artwork a few weeks ago . . . So, I'll keep the disc only one.

Sat. had more listings in my town but I had to go away with my family . . . I did get to a church sale (in Evanston, IL) and scooped up a bunch of books. These were mixed in with DVDs and cost something like $1-2 each:

So sad that the season is nearly done . . . just like it is for my Brewers . . . :cry:

Yeah I found jack squat this weekend. Bout time to settle in for the winter and get to playing some of these nice games I picked up over the last few weeks ;)

Will still keep a look out for some signs but the weather's getting pretty cold around here and I'm not too hopeful. I've made some extremely nice additions to my collection over the past few weeks. Next year I will definitely get into this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back