Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrclutch']So do we think the in store price would be the same?[/QUOTE]
Not sure i hate going local to mine they are lazy and rude. I love the online store. I hate seeing this thread dead so i post site updates sometimes. ;)

[quote name='tylerh1701']$14.98 shipped is a ridiculously good price for this game. Thanks a ton! This game seems to be holding it's value like crazy. So glad I clicked this thread.[/QUOTE]
NP the price was a steal. Signup to newsletter they send free ship codes off and on. CS on site rules to.

"Used games do not include manuals."

What's up with that? That and because it won't have a slipcover, I almost want to pass. Hmm...

[quote name='Tsel']"Used games do not include manuals."

What's up with that? That and because it won't have a slipcover, I almost want to pass. Hmm...[/QUOTE]
I got 9 out 10 games with them. Some games got manuals on game disc now. They put that there cause most have but rarely it does not. Some slip through and they do not want complaints? Older posts people talk about it all.

I realized that I still have the case for the Sleeping Dogs I traded in at BB, and it doesnt have a manual in the first place. Now if Fall of Tron comes semi-complete, that would be even better

[quote name='merchie89']I realized that I still have the case for the Sleeping Dogs I traded in at BB, and it doesnt have a manual in the first place. Now if Fall of Tron comes semi-complete, that would be even better[/QUOTE]
Most are and mine was. Now to move higher on backlog. :D

[quote name='merchie89']games shipped. Transformers yes, but now second guessing sleeping dawgs...oh well into my small game collection.[/QUOTE]

Don't second guess Sleeping Dogs. I just beat it a few days ago and not only was it my second favorite game of the year, but it's one of my favorite games of all-time. Outstanding game.

Yeah I redboxed it and then bought it and traded it in, I did like it a bunch tho.

19.99 really is about as low as a game like this will get. Im just really trying to only buy games I will actively play

[quote name='merchie89']games shipped. Transformers yes, but now second guessing sleeping dawgs...oh well into my small game collection.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']Don't second guess Sleeping Dogs. I just beat it a few days ago and not only was it my second favorite game of the year, but it's one of my favorite games of all-time. Outstanding game.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Tsel, it is a pretty fun game. I Redboxed it as well when it first came out then got it during the TRU buy one get one free. Sadly traded it in during one of BB's 100% TIV and regret it.

Noticed some price drops on their website

:360: $19.99
Medal of Honor: Warfighter-(also available on :ps3:)
Darksiders II
007 Legends

:360: $29.99
Hitman: Absolution

Thats the lowest price I have seen for Hitman.

Got my Transformers:FOC, disc looks really good and came with original box and manual. Great deal, I think I'll play it and sell it right away since it's still pretty valuable.

I'll keep my eye on this site from time to time. $20 for Darksiders II is the cheapest I've seen it, but I'm waiting for it to get just a little cheaper before I bite.

I got my games, but sleeping dogs had like 6 wavy lines on part of it.

Emailed them, and they are sending me another one. and I GET TO KEEP the first one.

My Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was missing the manual, but the disc looked brand spanking new and it came with the slipcover. Overall I feel it was well worth it.

[quote name='bardockkun']My Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was missing the manual, but the disc looked brand spanking new and it came with the slipcover. Overall I feel it was well worth it.[/QUOTE]

Oh there was supposed to be a slipcover? I didn't get that. But oh well, I'm the opposite of anal when it comes to that. As long as the game plays (I'll make sure tonight) I don't care if I have to store it a jewel case.

[quote name='bardockkun']My Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was missing the manual, but the disc looked brand spanking new and it came with the slipcover. Overall I feel it was well worth it.[/QUOTE]
same no manual. still worth it

[quote name='Metal Militia']Noticed some price drops on their website

:360: $19.99
Medal of Honor: Warfighter-(also available on :ps3:)
Darksiders II
007 Legends

:360: $29.99
Hitman: Absolution

Thats the lowest price I have seen for Hitman.[/QUOTE]
Legends now 29.99 bummer.

Stopped in the local store tonight. All the PS2 games were on a table at the front door listed at $2.95 each or 2 for $4. Of course there was nothing worth considering left.

Grabbed Game of Thrones :ps3: for $9.95.

Also saw Flashpoint: Red River :ps3: for $9.95 and Resident Evil 6 :360: for $19.95. There were some more games that had dropped that I can't remember, of course many of these probably should have dropped months ago except my store doesn't update stuff often.

I also grabbed Skyfall :br: $9.95 and noobz :dvd: for $5.95. Almost passed on noobz because it more than likely sucks but I just had to see for myself.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Stopped in the local store tonight. All the PS2 games were on a table at the front door listed at $2.95 each or 2 for $4. Of course there was nothing worth considering left.

Also saw Flashpoint: Red River :ps3: for $9.95 and Resident Evil 6 :360: for $19.95. There were some more games that had dropped that I can't remember, of course many of these probably should have dropped months ago except my store doesn't update stuff often.

I also grabbed Skyfall :br: $9.95 and noobz :dvd: for $5.95. Almost passed on noobz because it more than likely sucks but I just had to see for myself.[/QUOTE]

I definitely recommend Flashpoint for anyone that likes the war games. It has some great dialogue and the game itself is pretty fun (SP-wise, never tried MP and am guessing it's pretty dead by now).

Also, for those of you who have a Family Video and a 3D tv... Do your stores have any pre-viewed 3D Blus on sale ever? I only ask because I occasionally check out my stores and I don't know if I have ever seen one with the exception of Dredd since it has both 3D and non-3D on the same disc.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Link please? I cannot see it online when I search it under used games.[/QUOTE]

It was this price at my local store 3 weeks ago, was the only copy they had for sale.

[quote name='mvp828']I definitely recommend Flashpoint for anyone that likes the war games. It has some great dialogue and the game itself is pretty fun (SP-wise, never tried MP and am guessing it's pretty dead by now).

Also, for those of you who have a Family Video and a 3D tv... Do your stores have any pre-viewed 3D Blus on sale ever? I only ask because I occasionally check out my stores and I don't know if I have ever seen one with the exception of Dredd since it has both 3D and non-3D on the same disc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll pick it up today if it's still there.

I see very few 3D blus on the shelf, only the movies that push that format hard from the start. Of course my local store is a small/medium market store so YMMV.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Stopped in the local store tonight. All the PS2 games were on a table at the front door listed at $2.95 each or 2 for $4. Of course there was nothing worth considering left.

I also grabbed Skyfall :br: $9.95 and noobz :dvd: for $5.95. Almost passed on noobz because it more than likely sucks but I just had to see for myself.[/QUOTE]

My store had Skyfall priced at $9.95, but also with a 'movie sale' going on that applied to $9.95 games and movies at $9.95 and below.

$9.95 movies were priced at $7.95, or 2 for $15. That's probably a YMMV thing, because they were overriding the prices in the register, but I came away with Skyfall, Brave, Captain America and DE:HR (360) for a combined $30 as a result.

[quote name='SackAttack']My store had Skyfall priced at $9.95, but also with a 'movie sale' going on that applied to $9.95 games and movies at $9.95 and below.

$9.95 movies were priced at $7.95, or 2 for $15. That's probably a YMMV thing, because they were overriding the prices in the register, but I came away with Skyfall, Brave, Captain America and DE:HR (360) for a combined $30 as a result.[/QUOTE]

They usually have that sale the last weekend of every month. Every once in a while they skip a month. It varies store to store.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Y'all gonna be jelly at my find: Metroid Prime Trilogy - $9.95

If you can find a store that's able to sell it, that's apparently the price.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I saw a copy at one of the stores near me. I'll have to take a look and see how much they are selling it for. Thanks for mentioning this!

[quote name='dino88']

I'm pretty sure I saw a copy at one of the stores near me. I'll have to take a look and see how much they are selling it for. Thanks for mentioning this![/QUOTE]

It almost assuredly won't have a price sticker on it, so take it up to the counter and ask them to check the computer to see if they can sell it.

NCAA BB 2010 is also $10 if they can sell it. (checked 360 only)

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the following on Monday:

FF XIII-2- $9.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2- $12.95
Bioshock Infinite- $29.99
Halo 4- $29.99

Only game I bought was TTT2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back