Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it's time for a fresh, new Family Video thread?
This. The last threadman left the company in 2011 and still tried to keep updates coming for over a year (I think he moved to Japan in 2012 and is due back soon?). Regardless, if one of the people that currently work there would like to take over I'd be all for it. Just don't post any information that can get you fired.

Just going to make note of it, but Microsoft and People Can Fly should both be ashamed that with a huge name like Gears of War, they slipped up with the correct spelling of "Judgement"
Um, no. "Judgment" is correct. Merriam-Webster actually has that as the correct spelling, with "Judgement" as a variant.

Wonder if it's worth trying to find a copy of thief PS4 for that price. Probably a waste of time, like it always was with family video.

I stopped by the Family Video on my way to work and I had to restrain myself. I only picked up Spider-Man Edge of Time for $9.99, but I could have easily spent $100 if I grabbed everything I wanted.

Just got a Wii U recently and will definitely be checking in at my nearby Family Video on and off to see if I can find a game or two for it.

The guy at my family video said that only videos with "Buy Me for $XX.XX" were for sale. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword only had a "Rent it for $2.99 sticker"  

So, do I just take the game up front and say I want to buy it?

I ran into FV tonight and walked out empty-handed.  They had 5 copies of South Park :360:, none marked for sale.  Checking the post a few pages back just now, I saw the protect number is 3.  I should've asked about buying one.  Ugh, oh well.

The guy at my family video said that only videos with "Buy Me for $XX.XX" were for sale. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword only had a "Rent it for $2.99 sticker"

So, do I just take the game up front and say I want to buy it?
Bring it up, don't bring it up. Doesn't matter. Just ask the employee if they are willing to sell it. The worst they could say is no. I've been shot down every time I asked about titles that weren't labeled for sale but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Found a copy of The Orange Box for PS3 today for $9.99. I've long regretted selling my copy a while ago so I was very happy to find it for sale.

god i wished i could order online i been wanting skyward sword for 20 bux for eva gstop wants 50 bux for it thats insane for game that is how old now 3 years or more

anyone know good vendor for skyward sword for 25 bux shipped or less

I had the most exciting trip to Family Video ever. Not only did I find the game I was looking for for $20 (South Park PS3), but the cashier was a total mind fuck. I hand her my game, and then she opens her mouth... She was a light skinned redhead with the EXACT same voice as Kathy Griffin. I couldn't believe it!

Also, I picked up a copy of Thief for the PS4. I don't really want it, but I grabbed it to help anyone here who might have wanted it but didn't have it at their FV. Asking $25

My FV also had Transformers Fall of Cybertron and War for Cybertron for $10 each. I would have picked them both up if they didn't have the faded, printed off a home computer, too small for the case, insert

I was on the road today and had the chance to check out a few more Family Video stores.  Looks like all of the Wii games have gone to Rent one get one (I believe a select few were not last week).  A few notable games that I saw marked with prices (As always these vary by stores but it doesn't hurt to ask the employee if they are willing to sell a copy) :

:wii:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland $9.99

New Super Mario Bros $9.99

Super Mario Galaxy 2 $9.99

:ds:

Pokemon Black - $9.99

:ps3:

The Orange Box $7.99

Afrika $7.99

They also had a copy of Mario Party 9 marked $9.99 but both copies were out. 

Picked up Red Steel 2 (Wii) for $7.99 and Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) for $9.99, asked about Skyward Sword at both but they wouldn't sell it. 

A bit OT but I just went in there yesterday and had them resurface my Conker Live and Reloaded disc I bought for next to nothing that was scratched all to hell... best $2 (with no tax) I've ever spent.  I'm not sure what kind of black magic goes on in their resurface machines but the thing was flawless after it came out.

I've not had a lot of luck asking about buying games that aren't priced but in a "it really pays to ask moment" I managed to get a copy of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for $9.99.  She wasn't going to sell it but checked the rental history.  It was only rented a total of 12 days in the past year so she sold it to me.   My Wii game collection has doubled thanks to these sales. 

Only notable title I didn't see previously mentioned here was Titanfall (Xbox One) for $29.99.

Small update this week, but all PS2 games should be priced at $0.99. They're trying to get rid of all last last gen items, so if there are any rare titles left, go grab them :D

Just saw today while I was working

Wolfenstein the new order $29.99 (all systems protect 1 on ps4/Xbone protect 2 on other systems)

Enemy front $19.99 (protect 2)

Murdered soul suspect $29.99 ps3/360 only protect 1

Then the usual r1g1 extra copies sell for $9.99

Just saw today while I was working

Wolfenstein the new order $29.99 (all systems protect 1 on ps4/Xbone protect 2 on other systems)

Enemy front $19.99 (protect 2)

Murdered soul suspect $29.99 ps3/360 only protect 1

Then the usual r1g1 extra copies sell for $9.99
Which store do you work at? I'm 808 or New Hope :D

Update 7/14/14-7/20/14

Title - Price (System) Protect Quantity (how many we must have at the end of the day)

Addition

Enemy Front - $19.99 (360) 2
Murdered Soul Suspect - $19.99 (360) 2
Wolfenstein - $29.99 (PS4, XB1, 360) 2, 2, 3

Price Drop

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - $12.99 (360) 1
Madden NFL 25 - $12.99 (PS3, 360) 1, 2

Price More

Zoo Tycoon - $12.99 (360) 1

As always like the first post says, new members get 50% off movies and games for the first 30 days. So if you haven't signed up, it's fast, free, and easy. You're welcome!

Update 7/14/14-7/20/14

Title - Price (System) Protect Quantity (how many we must have at the end of the day)

Addition

Price Drop

Price More

As always like the first post says, new members get 50% off movies and games for the first 30 days. So if you haven't signed up, it's fast, free, and easy. You're welcome!
Thank you!

Update 7/14/14-7/20/14

Addition

Price Drop

Price More

Thanks for the info. It'd be great (and very much appreciated) if regular updates continue to come.

I finally had some luck at my local FV.  It appears they finally did the conversions that others had reported awhile back, and had quite a few things for sale.  No South Park, and the manager on duty wouldn't sell one of the four they had for the :360:.

But I did manage to snag Zelda Skyward Sword (still had the Symphony CD and CN code) and Mario Sports Mix (w/ CN code) for 9.99 each.  Whenever CN goes back online, I'll check to see if the codes are used or not.  I'm willing to bet they've already been redeemed, though.

I haven't been to FV in a long time, though we have at least 5 in-town. Do they just put for-sale stickers of some sort on available games? Also, do they sell generation eight games, or only seven and below? I might swing by a few sometime because I'm bored.

Yeah, they put a "Buy It x.xx" sticker on the case.  The only current generation game they had for sale was Titanfall :xb1: for 29.99.  I already had my fun with the game when it first came out, so I passed on it.

I've been travelling and stopped in a handful of FV's in Illinois and one in Oklahoma as well.  Pretty poor showing all around except for the Ottawa store, where I got 2 copies of Mario Galaxy 2 and 2 copies of PokePark for 9.99 apiece.  They had Wolfenstein, Soul Suspect, Titanfall, and South Park all at 29.99 or less, which is at least 10 bucks lower than the other stores in the area.

Both Club Nintendo codes were still good, which is very surprising, considering they were in the display boxes out on the shelves. Icing on the cake that was been one very sweet week for me. *knocks on wood*

Both Club Nintendo codes were still good, which is very surprising, considering they were in the display boxes out on the shelves. Icing on the cake that was been one very sweet week for me. *knocks on wood*
I was surprised when I grabbed a couple of the South Park DLC codes from a couple of the cases and all of them turned out to still be good.

I finally found it!  The illusive $9.99 Skyward Sword!!!  I walked into a FV I hadn't been to in awhile, looked in the bin near the front of the store where they usually keep the games they're selling and was disappointed when I found nothing but shovel ware.  Then I thought, what the hell, I'll check the shelves to see if they had anything decent and I see that beautiful yellow sticker staring back at me on one copy of SS.  Immediately I grabbed it and took it up the register with a big smile on my face.  It was missing the soundtrack, which I asked if they had lying around, but the case/disc/manual are all in perfect shape so I couldn't pass it up.

I had a couple decent pickups the past two weeks. Went to one I usually don't visit since I was picking up some games I picked up from someone on Craigslist (I know I know). The first visit I grabbed Gears of War: Judgment and Crysis 3 for $9.99 each. I had asked about South Park since they had 4, but manager wouldn't let it go and told me to call the following Monday.

This past Friday I finally called and she said she'd sell it, and put it aside. I got there and realized she pretty much had 3/4 of the 360 titles as $9.99. Ended up grabbing Bioshock Infinite and Resident Evil 5 (kept meaning to pick this up) for $9.99 each along with the $19.99 South Park.

Add those 5 to the Target clearance Remember me at $5.98 and the CL pickup of Dead Space 1 & 3, Midnight Club Complete Ed, and Vanquish for $5 each and I'm feeling pleased.

I had a couple decent pickups the past two weeks. Went to one I usually don't visit since I was picking up some games I picked up from someone on Craigslist (I know I know). The first visit I grabbed Gears of War: Judgment and Crysis 3 for $9.99 each. I had asked about South Park since they had 4, but manager wouldn't let it go and told me to call the following Monday.

This past Friday I finally called and she said she'd sell it, and put it aside. I got there and realized she pretty much had 3/4 of the 360 titles as $9.99. Ended up grabbing Bioshock Infinite and Resident Evil 5 (kept meaning to pick this up) for $9.99 each along with the $19.99 South Park.

Add those 5 to the Target clearance Remember me at $5.98 and the CL pickup of Dead Space 1 & 3, Midnight Club Complete Ed, and Vanquish for $5 each and I'm feeling pleased.
So, is the current price for Gears:Judgment $9.99? It is still marked as $12.99 at my store. Also... can anyone comment on whether Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare will go on sale anytime soon?

So, is the current price for Gears:Judgment $9.99? It is still marked as $12.99 at my store. Also... can anyone comment on whether Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare will go on sale anytime soon?
Yes, it should ring up $9.99. I think mine was marked $12.99 as well, but I remembered seeing here it was $9.99.

Update 7/28/14-8/3/14

Addition

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $19.99 (360) 2
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $29.99 (PS4, XB1) 2, 2
UFC 2014 - $29.99 (PS4, XB1) 2, 2
Watch Dogs - $39.99 (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360) 3, 3, 3, 5

Price Drop

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes - $12.99 (PS3, 360) 2, 2
Amazing Spiderman 2 - $19.99 (PS3, 360) 2, 3

Price More

Saint's Row 4 - $19.99 (360) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back