Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XT14']basically it is based on the employee/customer. The games you are receiving are from the internet site are from actual stores that ship them out. They are supposed to be cleaned before being shipped out and any manuals/bonus discs are included..manuals unfortunately are not always returned by customers when renting the game (not really sure why?) but yah if the disc is ever a problem it will be replaced..but manuals are not always guarenteed[/QUOTE]

Is there a fee if they do not return the manuals? I did not rent games for so long locally but they never gave the manuals back in the day. If they included something it would be a photo copy of the basics.

I hope the workers get yelled at cause i do get dirty cases and do get unplayable when you put the discs in. It does not happen all the time but about 20% what i ordered is either non playable or dirty. Thanks for letting us know how things work nice to see retailers on here helping out when they can.

XT14 - I talked to you once before about my local FV in Anderson, SC. You actually called the store and they assured you that the prices were right. Well like I said earlier...the prices are STILL almost all wrong. Would contacting someone through the actual FV site to report this store do any good or would it really just be a waste of my time? I only ask because even after you called...nothing got changed at all, its like they just dont care! All Im looking to do is get the Wolverine game from that store for the correct price...yet they are still trying to tell me that its $29.99... I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think I may be done with FV for good.

[quote name='Shuino']For episodes from liberty city can't you just rent that install it and still play the add-on content?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's a stand-alone game. you don't need GTA IV to play it.

$20 for NFS: Shift is a great deal. Gameplay, graphics(cockpit view is one of the best I've seen) are excellent. If you like arcade racing games this is the one to get.

[quote name='aspen1284']XT14 - I talked to you once before about my local FV in Anderson, SC. You actually called the store and they assured you that the prices were right. Well like I said earlier...the prices are STILL almost all wrong. Would contacting someone through the actual FV site to report this store do any good or would it really just be a waste of my time? I only ask because even after you called...nothing got changed at all, its like they just dont care! All Im looking to do is get the Wolverine game from that store for the correct price...yet they are still trying to tell me that its $29.99... I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think I may be done with FV for good.[/QUOTE]

yeah it should help out..the company is pretty big on customer service and it's one of the reasons they claim to be building more stores while other companies are shutting theirs down..so if they are aware of a store completely going against this idea they pay attention...glad everyone else isn't having similar problems, dunno what the deal is with this particular store

just a question, they say some games have no manuals b/c some ppl take them before they return them, couldn't they just charge $5 for game returned w/o a manual like every other game store? or they just dont give a crap?

[quote name='toomuchpie617']just a question, they say some games have no manuals b/c some ppl take them before they return them, couldn't they just charge $5 for game returned w/o a manual like every other game store? or they just dont give a crap?[/QUOTE]

I suppose they figure as being primarily a rental store that would frustrate more people than it would help...but yeah I wish there was a similar policy..trust me...but we will just have to either wish for the best, or have a secondary way to get a manual...you can always check a local FV store and get one from them if they dont ship it, or the store you purchased it from didn't offer one. Goodluck though

[quote name='lukejskywalker']Any updates this week?[/QUOTE]

sorry with the snow hitting again in the midwest it was difficult to acquire the info last night since every store was so incredibly busy..anyway..late, but OP has been updated! lots this week, even a ps3 entry..shocking!

Tekken 6 back up to $29.99, not that it matters since I have the 360 version already and wanted the PS3 version

If anyone wants to try and play some Red Faction multiplayer, let me know. There's about no one ever on, and they're all dedicated freaks to the game. I think it'd be fun to play with some people who just got the game.

On topic, is Tekken 6 worth it, or considering the quickness of the drops, should I just hold out for when it hits $10 in about 3 months? I haven't played a fighting game in ages, but I was always loyal to Tekken.

[quote name='sandman8288']Seriously, Red Faction is a steal at $10.
I paid $35 for it, and was more than pleased.
I think it was one of the best games of 2009.[/QUOTE]

This.

C'mon baby, give us something good this week. Like Batman for 20 bucks. Or else I am going to go buy it today anyway for 30 and hate myself when the price drops next week...

[quote name='XT14']okay newest updates, only one addition and one drop, not batman, but enjoy anyway, be back to update next week.[/QUOTE]
Aww, it'll drop sometimes I suppose. Thank though.
Bayo for $30 is an amazing deal though. Don't regret buying it at launch too bad though, since I got it for $40, but I would jump all over it if I hadn't.

[quote name='sandman8288']Does anyone know if you get both discs with ODST?[/QUOTE]

yep, just as with forza you get 2 discs, if you purchase in store, make sure you check to see you got both before leaving.

[quote name='omghaxorz17']Bayonetta isn't $30 anymore. :cry:[/QUOTE]

even if they sell out online these specials are still always in store. Sometimes there are small differences between the online/store prices. Not often, but sometimes. So if you happen to have a local store with extra copies for sale it will still be 30 there.

Damn! Wish I would've seen this thread earlier, and I would've grabbed Bayonetta.

Dunno if the local Fam Vid will have copies of it for sale. Guess I'll check tonight.

Cool i need to grab brutal legends sometime. I was going to buy Ultimate Alliance 2 but with the dlc blahness i will wait for it to hit 10-15 before i touch it. I played it and it is a good game but not great. I wanted cause of the DLC addons they pulled from live.

I know i keep putting off buying brutal legends and will sell out by the time i hit submit order. :(

[quote name='chimpster1313']If anyone wants to try and play some Red Faction multiplayer, let me know. There's about no one ever on, and they're all dedicated freaks to the game. I think it'd be fun to play with some people who just got the game.

On topic, is Tekken 6 worth it, or considering the quickness of the drops, should I just hold out for when it hits $10 in about 3 months? I haven't played a fighting game in ages, but I was always loyal to Tekken.[/QUOTE]

The MP i got turned off on. I love knocking buildings down but the areas are so cramped you have no time to actually have fun knocking them down with people on them. It is fast paced and super small areas if you dig that.

I am game through just to get the achievements or what not. My tag is

FNL 4EVA

Hit me up i have not much experience with the MP so i am new. This games single player mode is amazing! The DLC addon kinda sucks just for the fact its like a seperate save type thing and felt like cheap way of doing it like they did with mercs 2.

I really appreciate you updating this thread on Mondays! I look forward to seeing the good deals family video has and I know it takes time out of your day. Thank you!

i love how i can buy a game used from family video and then walk into gamestop and its still like 40 used!!!!! I wish I had money to buy some cheap games :(

Damn you Arkham Asylum!!! Why must you torment me so? Every Monday I tell myself "If you don't drop in price tonight, I'm buying you anyway."
But as soon as I buy you, you'll drop to $20 the following week!!!

Thanks for the update. Kinda want The Sabateur, any thoughts on the game anyone? Wait for a $20 drop?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Damn you Arkham Asylum!!! Why must you torment me so? Every Monday I tell myself "If you don't drop in price tonight, I'm buying you anyway."
But as soon as I buy you, you'll drop to $20 the following week!!!

Thanks for the update. Kinda want The Sabateur, any thoughts on the game anyone? Wait for a $20 drop?[/QUOTE]

It's well worth where it's at now. The family video by me had just one copy up for sale. It was complete with manual, and even the special code for a free download of the adult patch. I really didn't expect to find that in the box at all when I picked it up. I later checked the cases of the others, which all had the manuals AND the code as well in it.

Ugh, Bayonetta is back at $30...I find myself struggling to pull the trigger.

I think I'm gonna try waiting for $20 (might be a while). I've got enough to play now.

[quote name='lolwut?']I've never bought from these guys before. What the general consensus on the condition of their used stuff?[/QUOTE]

I can only talk from the experiance of their B&M stores. All discs I've bought from them, both games and movies, have all been in barely used condition. I've only had one where there were multiple scratches on it and all they did was exchange it with another one in better condition for no extra charge. They even clean them for me upon purchasing. Original boxes and manuals for games are included, since you just grab it right off the shelf, which allows you to see and handle the box and check inside it to see if it has the manual. if it doesn't, I just swipe it from one of the other boxes there.

Ugh. I'm really getting fed up with my local Family Video. They never keep up on their prices. First they had Brutal Legend kept at $30 for weeks after it dropped to $20 (the guy in the store gave me some BS about how the "online" prices are different even though I was talking about the price in this thread), and now they still have Halo 3: ODST at $40. Problem is I'm only in town this week for spring break and they probably won't change it until I'm back at college, then they'll all be sold out next time I'm down.

[quote name='Zero3133']Ugh. I'm really getting fed up with my local Family Video. They never keep up on their prices. First they had Brutal Legend kept at $30 for weeks after it dropped to $20 (the guy in the store gave me some BS about how the "online" prices are different even though I was talking about the price in this thread), and now they still have Halo 3: ODST at $40. Problem is I'm only in town this week for spring break and they probably won't change it until I'm back at college, then they'll all be sold out next time I'm down.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem here man... Just take the game up to the counter and TELL them to scan it to check the price...it should show up in the system at the right price. If you just "ask" them what the correct price is, they usually just point to the price on the box and hand it back...turds. Bought Wolverine last night marked at $20 but when the guy scanned it it came out to be....OMG, $10!!!! :lol:

[quote name='aspen1284']Had the same problem here man... Just take the game up to the counter and TELL them to scan it to check the price...it should show up in the system at the right price. If you just "ask" them what the correct price is, they usually just point to the price on the box and hand it back...turds. Bought Wolverine last night marked at $20 but when the guy scanned it it came out to be....OMG, $10!!!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

yah good idea...i mean the system will update the prices correctly...I suppose as long as you ask them to scan it, it will ring up right...i've never had an issue personally. Once again I apologize for the problems here, if you have time to contact customer support please do so...it's frustrating having people argue with customers over issues that arise when a few employees aren't doing their jobs correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back