OFFICIAL Final Fantasy XII thread

:lol: You're really going to hate the way he runs.

[quote name='Moxio']Vaan could have been made 30% less gay if they'd just made him shirtless like many of the people in the game, rather than that... vest...

*shudders*[/quote]

Picked up my guide today at EB. Didn't pre-order one but they had extras. My cover has the character Penelo, so I'm feeling indifferent. Would rather have had Ashe or Fran. Oh well.

Can you post your Penelo cover? And if anyone has a Fran cover, that would be nice to see, too.

I hope my GameStop will open the guides up so we can choose.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Somehow I'm actually relieved that I didn't get the Vaan cover. Though I am somewhat still disappointed in getting the Basch one, yet severly satisfied with my purchase still.

Edit- Also, is the game going to be released at midnight on the 31st to 1st??? When I was EB to pick up my guide, I asked the sales guy and he said it was being released at midnight. Does this hold true?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got Vaan. Not so much annoyed by the guy in the game, but I hate his character design. Would have rather had any other cover.

But, I bought the guide because I thought this game would be a useful one to have it for, so now I won't be afraid to abuse it. Which is kind of good in itself. Would've killed for a Fran though.

[quote name='espy605']Can you post your Penelo cover? And if anyone has a Fran cover, that would be nice to see, too.

I hope my GameStop will open the guides up so we can choose.[/quote]

That reminds me, Fran has a really annoying voice. She has a speach impediment where she sounds like shes wispering with a mouth full of cotton.

[quote name='espy605']Can you post your Penelo cover? And if anyone has a Fran cover, that would be nice to see, too.

I hope my GameStop will open the guides up so we can choose.[/quote]
Also added a picture of the insert that came with the guide, so you can see all 6 covers.

[quote name='Kendro']

*Edit - BTW, if your having 2nd thoughts about getting the game at Circuit City for $38, after spotting the CE edition, it truly is high quality. The outer tin doesn't feel cheap, it has serious weight to it, and if this makes sense, it has a "matte" metal cover instead of a shiny, fingerprint visible type of metal. You know how the Prey LE feels very cheap? Complete opposite. It is a "heavy" metal, even MORE higher quality than the Gears of War tin that is on display at EB. Its very sleek and although I'm still feeling like crap forking over $60, after seeing it, I don't feel so bad.[/QUOTE]

Just know that the value of that tin will drop like a stone because chances are EB / GS have overproduced this thing by a shit ton. Maybe if they added more than some stupid DVD (that will be ripped in less than an hour to the internets) I'd be inclined to get it, but $38 is good enough for me.

They should have stopped preorders a month or so ago like they did for MGS 3 LE and really made this tin a true collector's piece.

[quote name='Roufuss']Just know that the value of that tin will drop like a stone because chances are EB / GS have overproduced this thing by a shit ton. Maybe if they added more than some stupid DVD (that will be ripped in less than an hour to the internets) I'd be inclined to get it, but $38 is good enough for me.

They should have stopped preorders a month or so ago like they did for MGS 3 LE and really made this tin a true collector's piece.[/quote]

Or even the PS2 RE4...

[quote name='Kendro']Also added a picture of the insert that came with the guide, so you can see all 6 covers.

[/quote]

Basche is the man.

Yeah I definately see FFXII CE won't hold much value in the future. I guess I'm getting it because I'm a FF fan and the fact that it is our first CE (granted its a crappy GS version and not like the ones in Japan).

Yeah I definately see FFXII CE won't hold much value in the future. I guess I'm getting it because I'm a FF fan and the fact that it is our first CE (granted its a crappy GS version and not like the ones in Japan).

I'm also in the "I know it's worthless but I love FF" camp so I don't mind. Just wish it came with stuff like behind the scenes things, like Document of MGS2.

Thanks for the scans, I'll be happy if I get any of the female covers, they all look good.

I'm tempted to get this game, but still unsure after the juvenile storylines of FFX and X2. I hope this game isn't about 'cool sports playing/popstar teenagers'. I like the idea of political intrigue.

I wonder what the odds are that this is going to be about as limited as the Halo 2 CE. I'm debating whether to get this now or just wait until it's about to go GH and pick up the LE cheap then. My gut says that EB/Gamestop are going to over produce a ton of these. Wondering the same thing about the guide, I was hoping for the leatherbound Amazon.com guide, but I'm pretty sure that thing never existed in the first place.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']
Edit- Also, is the game going to be released at midnight on the 31st to 1st??? When I was EB to pick up my guide, I asked the sales guy and he said it was being released at midnight. Does this hold true?[/QUOTE]
The midnight release is the 30th to the 31st. So the night before Halloween. We're having a costume contest at 11pm. I'm going to win with my L (Death Note) costume.

As long as I don't end up with the Vaan or Penelo cover, I'll be happy.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']We're having a costume contest at 11pm. I'm going to win with my L (Death Note) costume.[/quote]
I'm not sure you could win with an L costume, unless you did the hair perfectly. ;) His design doesn't make a very good costume.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The midnight release is the 30th to the 31st. So the night before Halloween. We're having a costume contest at 11pm. I'm going to win with my L (Death Note) costume.[/quote]

Thanks for the information.

[quote name='Foolman']As long as I don't end up with the Vaan or Penelo cover, I'll be happy.
[/QUOTE]

You know, I seriously said that EXACT same thing to my friend right before opening it up....to a vaan. Oh well.

[quote name='62t']You mean RE4 CE gamecube. The PS2 LE is everywhere.[/quote]

ORLY?

I've only ever come across 1 tin at a GS. The tin alone was $20. "New" even. :roll:

With my preorder of FFXII at GS, do I get only 10% off the LE guide since i don't have their membership card. On the GS website, they advertise 20% off guide when you buy the game though.

I'm still debating whether to pick up the LE guide. It's almost the price of another new game for crying out loud!

Is the LE guide exclusive to GS/EB only?

Somewhere I thought I read the LE Guide was leather bound?? The one Kendro posted pics of looks like it's the same design as the Kingdom Hearts II LE guide. Was the leather bound guide just rumor?

[quote name='Kayden']ORLY?

I've only ever come across 1 tin at a GS. The tin alone was $20. "New" even. :roll:[/QUOTE]
yeah really. Even stores like circuit city has the PS2 tin case. The gamecube is a gamestop exclusive (not eb as it is before the merger)

With my preorder of FFXII at GS, do I get only 10% off the LE guide since i don't have their membership card. On the GS website, they advertise 20% off guide when you buy the game though.
You get 20% off the guide as long as you buy the guide and game at the same time. Technically if the employee remembers you or is just cool, they'll give you the 20%. 20% off a $30 is $6, so that's nothing to sneeze at.

Additionally, the guy I preordered from appears to be a manager, and he told me that if I gave them my email, I'd get another 10% off via email coupon specifically for the game. I didn't get one for this or another game I preordered, but the guy remembers promising it to me and he knocked 10% off the other game, so I'm expecting he'll do the same for this, so another $6 off of a $60 game. Not bad.

I'm still debating whether to pick up the LE guide. It's almost the price of another new game for crying out loud!
If you like artbooks, it's totally worth it. We don't get a lot of game merchandise in America, and even fancy guides are a rarity. If you just want it as a guide, just get the regular one so you don't feel bad about possibly abusing the guide.
Is the LE guide exclusive to GS/EB only?
Their website says it's exclusive to them, so probably.

As an oddity, I saw the FFXII collector's tin on display at FYE for preorders. Strange, I think.
Somewhere I thought I read the LE Guide was leather bound?? The one Kendro posted pics of looks like it's the same design as the Kingdom Hearts II LE guide. Was the leather bound guide just rumor?
I think Brady probably wanted it to be leatherbound initially, but it probably ate into their profit margin. If GameStop really had an exclusivity deal, they probably thought it wasn't worth it to go all out.

Many stores carried the preorder for the LE guide as leatherbound (including Amazon) but I think it has since disappeared from most retailer sites.

Looks like online orders are starting to arrive. Mashing over at GAF received his copy from EB/GameStop.com today:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/mashing/FFXII_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/mashing/FFXII_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/mashing/FFXII_3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/mashing/FFXII_4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/mashing/FFXII_5.jpg

So chances are even if your order says "Processing" it may of shipped.

Content on the bonus DVD seems to be as follows:
Developer Interviews
Directors
Story & Translation
Battle System
Art Design
Music

The History of Final Fantasy

Promotional Trailers
E3 2004
Destination Playtstation 2005
E3 2005
Demo Trailer

Art Gallery
Illustrations
Moogles
Espers
Concept Art
Airships
Characters

I got mine reserved and getting it on Halloween :) . Unfortunately I cant play it till 6:30 PM becuase I have to go to school and tutoring. :(

[quote name='Setzer']Somewhere I thought I read the LE Guide was leather bound?? The one Kendro posted pics of looks like it's the same design as the Kingdom Hearts II LE guide. Was the leather bound guide just rumor?[/QUOTE]

Yes. There is no leather involved.

[quote name='Moxio']And not unlike your underwear drawer. :cry:[/quote]
You said you liked my Hello Kitty thong ... :cry:

You can tell which cover you'll get by just looking at the bottom of the guide and pushing the art book up and out of the way a little bit. You'll be able to see the very bottom of the cover. Compare what you see to the pictures on the back outer cover. That way you don't have to get one you don't want, and you won't have to worry about whether you can open it up first.

You can tell which cover you'll get by just looking at the bottom of the guide and pushing the art book up and out of the way a little bit. You'll be able to see the very bottom of the cover. Compare what you see to the pictures on the back outer cover. That way you don't have to get one you don't want, and you won't have to worry about whether you can open it up first.

That's a pretty good idea. It doesn't bend any corners or anything of the guide, though does it? Have you actually tried it?

[quote name='espy605']That's a pretty good idea. It doesn't bend any corners or anything of the guide, though does it? Have you actually tried it?[/quote]

Thats what I am wondering as well, I don't want to damage the guide.

[quote name='cthcky33']im still debating whether to go pick up my preorder at midnight, or wait til after work tomorrow..

hmmmmm.......[/quote]

Its not that hard of a decision. You can stay up until 1:30, not play the game, wake up for work and be tired all day and not play it any sooner than had you just picked it up on your way home.

[quote name='Kayden']Its not that hard of a decision. You can stay up until 1:30, not play the game, wake up for work and be tired all day and not play it any sooner than had you just picked it up on your way home.[/QUOTE]

OR, you can go pick it up at midnight and stay up all night playing, and be tired all day at work tomorrow.

I agree, not that hard of a decision!

[quote name='Kayden']Its not that hard of a decision. You can stay up until 1:30, not play the game, wake up for work and be tired all day and not play it any sooner than had you just picked it up on your way home.[/QUOTE]
Why would he be up until 1:30, and not have played the game by then?

[quote name='keithp']OR, you can go pick it up at midnight and stay up all night playing, and be tired all day at work tomorrow.

I agree, not that hard of a decision![/QUOTE]

Indeed. That's certainly my plan, even if it means I sleep all night tomorrow instead of celebrating Halloween.

Well, I think I'm going to stay out of this until I either get stuck or beat the game. :)

[quote name='asianxcore']so will this be available on October 31st, or 1-2 days after?

I am picking up a copy for a friend and he wanted it ASAP.[/quote]
The 31st.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Why would he be up until 1:30, and not have played the game by then?[/quote]

Well, the GS I stopped at said it'd take about an hour to take care of everyone and then I factored in drive home etc

Is anybody going to the midnight event in Lexington, KY? More specifically, the EB in Hamburg Pavilion in Lexington.

EDIT: And I live an hour out of town too.

[quote name='asianxcore']so will this be available on October 31st, or 1-2 days after?

I am picking up a copy for a friend and he wanted it ASAP.[/QUOTE]
We got the game like a week ago. So it's ready to be released as soon as the 31st hits.

the gs is a few minutes from my house, and not a very busy one. so i should be in and out.

i will be home by 12:30, then play for an hour to get a feel for the game, then bed and wake up at 8 for work

problem solved

[quote name='tehweezner']i'm going to pick it up tomorrow

hey rei, are there a ton of CE copies?[/QUOTE]
No idea. I won't know until I go to work tonight. Last time I was there (Saturday) the boxes hadn't been open yet.

Can't wait to go tomorrow morning and pick this up. Sadly I am avoiding all gaming forums until I complete this game. Don't want any "Luke, I am your father" moments spoiled.

i'm going to pick it up tomorrow

hey rei, are there a ton of CE copies?

I was told they only received enough copies to cover preorders. Whether or not this is true, I have no idea.

1.5 hours for me to go! Woohoo!

bread's done
Back