Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='shieryda']WTF are they doing over there?[/QUOTE]

They're probably starting to realize that Goozex was a huge mistake and that they'll never see a profit from this site.

The guy who created Goozex is probably living it up now...

It's confusing, but I think I see where they are thinking and I don't mind it much. Just like Netflix, they had to adjust points and tokens to compete in today's economy. In Goozex's case, new releases will cost more tokens and points BUT you'll gain points and tokens faster with older titles so you're really not paying that much more (especially if you have that high feedback rating).

I seem to recall something about them doubling the tokens you already have once this plan goes into effect so if you have 4 tokens now, you'll have 8 when the change happens. Plus they are going to have special promotions with tokens which leads me to the following ....

In that thread about tokens, user Goozex revealed some more changes coming to Goozex:

All plans need to take baby steps to reach their full potential. As said in the past it would be nice to magically wave a wand and have all the changes happen at once. Unfortunately coding takes time and each new features needs to take its turn in the pipeline to get created.

New features that are in the works that we believe will make new users want to trade on this site and keep current users trading.

1) Goozex Exchange will be a permanent addition but instead of Goozex offering items at a fix cost, items will be placed on the site and users will bid for the items using their points. Highest bidder wins the items. We believe this feature will give users more confidence that they can use their points not only for trade but to purchase items.

2) Users will be able to sell points to one another for cash including to Goozex. While Goozex will not sell new points into the system Goozex will sell points it has purchased from other users into the system. With the influx of new users we believe that the current excess of points will become diluted into the new users. We believe that the fact users can sell points will contribute as a confidence builder into the Goozex system.

3) Goozex has been around since 2006 and plans on being around for many more years to come. Goozex is a corporation backed by substantial funding and users can be assured that the corporation will continue to operate.

4) Goozex will be adding new categories to be traded on the site. Your points will in effect be able to purchase more then just games and movies.

5) Goozex will be launching a large advertising campaign that will bring an influx of new users. We believe that new users trading into the system is more beneficial then Goozex purchasing games to sell into the system. New users bring new long term trading partners, a quick influx of games into the system is a short Band-Aid solution with no long term benefit. We can assure you that an advertising campaign will cost a lot more than buying a few games, but the former is a solution that will provide results that will last for many years.

6) Queue system is being addressed and once we are close to being able to release it the solution will be disclosed. We fully expect many of you to like the new queue management system and many of you to dislike it. However we also fully believe that this new queue system will cause game trading to become much more active and no longer require you to have to wait years in line for an item. This will also be an incentive for new users to trade on the site as they will know they will be able to obtain another trade fairly fast.

7) Program that will offer users free tokens for X amount of trades. For example, offer 5 games for trade and get a free token.

These are some of the immediate changes we are going to implement. There are a whole lot more that we will layout once we get closer to their release but hopefully this list will give some of you something to look forward to in the near term.

Selling points for money should be very interesting. I wonder if they are going to include books and CDs.

[quote name='Cage017']It's confusing, but I think I see where they are thinking and I don't mind it much. Just like Netflix, they had to adjust points and tokens to compete in today's economy. In Goozex's case, new releases will cost more tokens and points BUT you'll gain points and tokens faster with older titles so you're really not paying that much more (especially if you have that high feedback rating).

I seem to recall something about them doubling the tokens you already have once this plan goes into effect so if you have 4 tokens now, you'll have 8 when the change happens. Plus they are going to have special promotions with tokens which leads me to the following ....

In that thread about tokens, user Goozex revealed some more changes coming to Goozex:

Selling points for money should be very interesting. I wonder if they are going to include books and CDs.[/QUOTE]

we will buy 10,000 pts for 10 bucks LOL watch it be something ike that....

hell i got 7000 pts left if they offered me 70 for them i take it and never look back

Love to see 1 and 2 come very soon but doubtful

and i hate this

Queue system is being addressed and once we are close to being able to release it the solution will be disclosed. We fully expect many of you to like the new queue management system and many of you to dislike it. However we also fully believe that this new queue system will cause game trading to become much more active and no longer require you to have to wait years in line for an item. This will also be an incentive for new users to trade on the site as they will know they will be able to obtain another trade fairly fast.

so if you been number 1 for years someone who was number 3000 can not jump you buy paying more probally

Glad they're planning to add some ways to spend points on more than trades. At least I'll be able to ditch the rest of my points.

[quote name='Cage017']It's confusing, but I think I see where they are thinking and I don't mind it much. Just like Netflix, they had to adjust points and tokens to compete in today's economy. In Goozex's case, new releases will cost more tokens and points BUT you'll gain points and tokens faster with older titles so you're really not paying that much more (especially if you have that high feedback rating).

Selling points for money should be very interesting. I wonder if they are going to include books and CDs.[/QUOTE]

All of that does sound intriguing... I like the bidding idea but I'm not sure on the rest.

It all depends on how it's implemented, and how well/quickly they react to problems, glitches, and abuses. I'm still in a wait-and-see stance.

[quote name='kodave']I wonder what the conversion rate will be for points to actual cash in your hand after fees and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine it would depend on supply and demand or that sellers can name a price. In either case though, I'd imagine it wouldn't be very good as there's an overwhelming amount of points and no desire.

In the next week we will be changing the token system to reflect more fairly the values of items being traded. All token prices will go down to $0.99 each. All existing token balances will be doubled. So if you currently have 10 trade tokens you purchased at $1.99 a piece you will now have 20 trade tokens worth $0.99 a piece. All trades will then be managed as follows:

Trade Cost:
1 token ($0.99) for items of point value 800 but 1600 but

The double tokens plan has gone into effect. I now have 6 tokens instead of 3. I am very happy with that number. And since my feedback score is more than 500 points, I can get tokens for half price if needed (5 tokens for $2.48 is perfect).

Meanwhile, I received delivery confirmation on Return of the Joker so this trade appears to be successful.

Trades seem to be between 700 and 750. That's not bad considering it was under 500 in December.

[quote name='shieryda']Do they still do the game nights? That'd be the best way to get a single token.[/QUOTE]

no i think thats dead now. new owners wouldn't support it.

Return of the Joker (GBC) arrived so that makes one game I received from Goozex so far this year. I also sent two DVD's to bring my points total to 1800. I have about 30 titles where I am first in line.

If I don't receive anything by April, I'm going to request a bunch of Rugrats and Spongebob games and send them to a friend. My signature is going to look so ridiculous.

[quote name='shieryda']Do they still do the game nights? That'd be the best way to get a single token.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interstella 5555']no i think thats dead now. new owners wouldn't support it.[/QUOTE]

I messaged TheGooz about two weeks after he took over about it and haven't heard from him since then, so the Game Nights are pretty much dead in the water.

[quote name='Cage017']
If I don't receive anything by April, I'm going to request a bunch of Rugrats and Spongebob games and send them to a friend. My signature is going to look so ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I used this same criteria to receive my latest trade to get down to zero points. At some point I'll dump it from my forum sig here... probably when VGFive gets one. :cool:

Got matched for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for 500 points and it times out ... only to be matched again by another user. The game shipped today :)

That makes two games (Game Boy) I've received from Goozex so far this year.

If you take a quick look at the goozex forums it is currently a disaster with users bickering with one another.

They seriously could use some moderators on the forums.

[quote name='antlp89']If you take a quick look at the goozex forums it is currently a disaster with users bickering with one another.

They seriously could use some moderators on the forums.[/QUOTE]

I think they're hilarious. That one guy is the most unique character I've seen on internet

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='antlp89']If you take a quick look at the goozex forums it is currently a disaster with users bickering with one another.

They seriously could use some moderators on the forums.[/QUOTE]

where have you been for the last 6 months?

the mods who weren't fed up with the lack of response from the only owners were all kicked out by the new regime. and the new owners have a history of not caring about their communities going back a decade plus.

[quote name='Vinny']Given how there's a lack of sellers, you'd think they would want to protect the seller more...[/QUOTE]

holy crap just noticed i have not sent a single item in since SEPT 2011 LOL and still got 6k pts

[quote name='kube00']Are we talking about Gamer 2012? I keep wondering about that account/user[/QUOTE]

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck. Or in this case a marketer. ;)

They introduced something called Goozex Exchange where you can use your points to bid on items. Sounds like a good way to get rid of large amounts of points.

[quote name='Cage017']They introduced something called Goozex Exchange where you can use your points to bid on items. Sounds like a good way to get rid of large amounts of points.[/QUOTE]

You have to use 1 token for each item you want to bid on PLUS the token cost of the game/movie if you win. You don't even get your token back if you lose.

ETA:
- In order to place a bid you must have the required amount of points and tokens in your account, if you do not your bid will not be accepted.{/QUOTE]

So if I have 6,000 points and I want blow it all on Tomb Raider, I need to already have 4 tokens before I can bid on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bezerker']Whats the best method to report someone who's offering Wii Virtual Console games as "full package" for the SNES/64 listings of games?[/QUOTE]

Post the in forums. The new guys seem to not care about anything unless it gets posted in the forums and other people chime in... and even then, the best you'll get is "we're looking into it."

From what I've gathered... there are still many people waiting to get their points from being screwed months ago. You might be SoL.

It looks like he didnt accept the trade. Ironic thing is that he is "editor in chief" on a website about using goozex.I read a few of the guides on the site but I just couldnt find the bait & switch one.

You're not talking about kube00 are you (his post earlier in this page)? His sig says he's the editor in chief of Goozernation.com.

It was me. I'm guilty sorry about that bezerker. I should have listed as disc only...but I don't know if anyone is interested in the vc version

Ugh... This is discouraging. Seeing some of the emails coming from GOOZEX lately, I had hope that they might be moving in a more positive direction. I have a stack of things to trade and was about to list them there, but reading this thread has warned me off it. I've already got 1,600 points and 6 trade tokens collecting dust there.

Yeah, noticed that too. Have good queue position on a few titles, so sent out a couple trades in response. Hope it (and VGFive) keep it up.

I was matched to receive WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2) last week. It shipped on Tuesday.

Goozex is still working for me. I'm down to 950 points. Did anyone else get the help wanted e-mail? I was thinking of posting it in that thread on people looking for jobs.

Whoopie!

Matched for Far Cry 3 on the 360 ...

... with a brand new user, no feedback and bogus username.

Here's to a couple weeks of having my points locked up again. Fun, fun.

[quote name='Cage017']They introduced something called Goozex Exchange where you can use your points to bid on items. Sounds like a good way to get rid of large amounts of points.[/QUOTE]

i dont see that anywhere on the site where you BID

found it it was to come out today but they go BUGS PUSHED IT BACK...

i want to bid on one time get red of the points and never look back to this piece of shit company

bread's done
Back