Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

And he's locked me in again for another 26 hours.

Guess that's the new tactic...instead of confirming, they just lock you up for a day+, time out, then repeat.

[quote name='Kylearan']And he's locked me in again for another 26 hours.

Guess that's the new tactic...instead of confirming, they just lock you up for a day+, time out, then repeat.[/QUOTE]

It stinks but, IIRC, after they don't confirm a game a second time it goes on their hold list. Unfortunately, I don't know how easy it is for them to reactivate it.

Just got matched for F.E.A.R. for the Xbox 360. If it goes through, this will be my first Xbox 360 game from Goozex. I'm down to 450 points.

Is everyone still trying to cash out?

From what I'm reading its still the same old problems stuff goes out nothing comes in and people are still able to hijack the trading ques. Same old crap just different day. Ill stick with vgfive till the merge then its back to cag for trades. Look me up guys for a honest and quick trader. I've pretty much traded with most of you guys one way or another. Either on cag, goozex, or vgfive.

Received an e-mail this morning that the Goozex Exchange auction program will officially start on Tuesday.

Looks like the best way to get rid of points thus far.

Got matched for Halo 3 odst and the game is due to be here on wednesday and nothing has it hasn't showed up yet. The guy has no feedback either.

If it doesnt show up tomorrow im just leaving negative feedback for a no send and just going to try and blow the rest of my points in the auction and be done with this dead site.

*edit* aaaand nevermind about bidding on those auctions. I got around 4,000 points left on the site and people are bidding ludicrous amount of points for a $60 game thats about to hit $39.99 in a week or so if it isn't that already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cage017']Received an e-mail this morning that the Goozex Exchange auction program will officially start on Tuesday.

Looks like the best way to get rid of points thus far.[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty useless since high bidder gets the item and the high bids are absurd.

Currently 5150 for Wreck It Ralph on Bluray, 6400 for Bioshock Infinite (360) etc.

I noticed some titles didn't require a token to bid. I wonder what determines that.

I still think this auction thing is a good idea though. People would try to cash out during December and get rid of their points on "useless stuff". Then they have this promotion for people to use/get rid of points on more worthwhile things. There's no way 450 points is going to win me anything, but I'm curious to know what the final results of this Goozex Exchange will be.

BTW, F.E.A.R. arrived in like new condition. So far it's playing just fine.

the auction thing could be a REAL money maker for them

say 100 people bid on an item one person wins 99 will lose that is at least 45.50 up to 99 bucks) they made off the auction + got XXX amount of points out of the system

now say the winning bid is 10,000 on 10 items each with 100 bids

SAY IF THIS HAPPENS

5 DVD that go for 10,000 each THat is 50,000 pts out of system and say break even on token fees
10 games (50 each) go for 25,000 with 100 bids your looking at 50 to 100 in cash on tokens lost and 250,000 points out of system

So just 5 dvds and 10 games could get 300,000 points out of the system

Very quick way to dry up outstanding points big time......

BUT HERE IS THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

How many of these people ARE LOOKING AT JUST DUMPING AND LEAVING (meaning once they hit 0 points they WILL NEVER WANT MORE So they will not list anything)

They could removed 1million points and it would not help this site due to the face Very few people seem to be listing items up for trade besides Trash

It's definitely mostly people dumping points to leave the site for good--hence all the super high bids.

I have 2850 points and just want to ditch as many of them as I can and be done with the site too. I've gotten like 1 game over the past 2 years and it's just not worth the hassle. I'd rather just sell games cheap on the Amazon marketplace (I find most everything sells fast if you put it at the lowest price) and just donate things worth less than $10 to Goodwill than hassle with Goozex or another trading site again. I don't really buy/beat that many games anymore to have much need for it anyway.

Yikes looks like they are really jumping the shark now

"instant swap"
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/73055.aspx

Suspect the goozernation guy nailed it with his"giving up one the qeues" theory"
http://www.goozernation.com/four/in...317-why-instaswap-could-revive-goozex-trading

I can see why goozex like the idea, charge each party 3 tokens, plus a token markup on each shipping label and get $8 per swap (if people do it) for them. Short of the few "Stockholm syndrome" people on their forum I can't imagine many would choose that over ebay or free forums etc. By floating that they've just tanked whatever increased confidence they've gained. WHo the heck would want to accumulate more points now knowing they are even considering that?

... and I just received Star Wars: Episode 1 from Goozex which means I now own every Star Wars movie on DVD. In fact, I also got Episodes 2 and 3 from Goozex in the past.

Now I wish I had more points. I received a message that I was matched for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and didn't have enough to get it.

So I've been pretty out of the Goozex loop, decided to log in today and see if I was close to getting anything.

My top 100 wants, sorted by queue, are now up to 73K points. They were only 40K or so a few months back. Hell, I don't even qualify for a ton of items on my wantlist because they're above 1500.

Yeah, it seems like over the last several weeks they've been converting over to their (roughly) 2000 point scale. I've seen several games on my lists have both large increases and decreases.

The site is still working for me. Received Wayne's World (SNES) a few weeks ago.

But today, I received Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) in near mint condition. I'm now down to 350 points.

Goozex is a scam.

I traded Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and received some points. When I went to use the points, all the games I wanted were unavailable. A few months later Goozex raised the prices of everything on the site, now I only have enough points to buy games that are much older than Black Ops 2, games that are in no way equal to Black Ops 2 in value.

You won't get fair value on the site. They'll increase the prices before what you want is ever available.

I complained about their practices on their forum and they banned me from posting on their forum.

Very shady company. I filed some reports on sites like BBB and Ripoffreport. Hopefully no one else will be ripped off like I was. It's a much better idea to sell your games on eBay or to sell them back to Amazon.

Goozex is a scam, a very shady company. I hope someone starts a class action lawsuit against them.

It is painfully obvious that the entire point of the site is to rip off people who want to get fair value for their game all so the site can make a fortune selling tokens.

Even Gamestop is better than this scam.

Goozex is a scam.

I traded Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and received some points. When I went to use the points, all the games I wanted were unavailable. A few months later Goozex raised the prices of everything on the site, now I only have enough points to buy games that are much older than Black Ops 2, games that are in no way equal to Black Ops 2 in value.

You won't get fair value on the site. They'll increase the prices before what you want is ever available.

I complained about their practices on their forum and they banned me from posting on their forum.

Very shady company. I filed some reports on sites like BBB and Ripoffreport. Hopefully no one else will be ripped off like I was. It's a much better idea to sell your games on eBay or to sell them back to Amazon.

Goozex is a scam, a very shady company. I hope someone starts a class action lawsuit against them.

It is painfully obvious that the entire point of the site is to rip off people who want to get fair value for their game all so the site can make a fortune selling tokens.

Even Gamestop is better than this scam.
tons of people here got tons of games from the site...

yea if you NEW good luck getting anything from the site

but the site is no where near a so called scam

Goozex is best for old games whereas VGFive is better for newer titles. Both have a layout where you see which games are available for trade immediately. That's the best way to find a game.

For all the point adjusting they've done the relative values are as screwed up as ever.  Why send anything out when you know if you wait its almost certainly going to be 100 points higher next week (conveniently putting them into the higher token tiers).  .Why send anything new when so many cheap games are 2000+.  Baffling as to why they are moving so glacially slow to remove points while they blow their cash on salaries week after week not making any progress on increasing activity.  I suspect they'll have use their new 10,000 cap andd increase newish normal games well beyond 2400.

Thankfully I only hold points from a $3 game so it doesn't matter to me  I'd sure be pissed if I was having my point hoard erroded as they are being.while the site didn't spend very much trying to fix the point glut   

woo got matched for  pokemon black 2 for just a low low price of  2150  LOL 

woo got it 

now to   dont know  to sell it or what

I was going through my six pages of requests and I noticed that more than half of them are under 300 points. Only one page of results listed games at 1,000 points or more.

Looking at my position in queue list, I am first in line for 28 titles. Sitting at 500 points, I feel comfortable.

I have 250 points left. Wonder what I should spend them on?

EDIT: Got DDR Supernova and Th3 Plan for PS2. Yay.

Neo Contra arrived as a like new full package even though I requested game and manual only. Impressive.

I missed out on Gun because I was short 50 points.

However, I was matched for Guitar Hero 2 (Xbox 360). With this, I will own every Guitar Hero game.

Down to 150 points and 1 token.

Guitar Hero 2 arrived in like new condition. Funny how I'm always short 50 points whenever I have a request available (the latest one being Arcade's Revenge on SNES). I went ahead and traded two games to bring myself to 400 points.

Did anyone else get the newsletter on Goozex Exchange? They are now offering $20 cash,a $25 Amazon gift card, and 3,000 points to use at VGFive (among others) for the highest bidders.

I got my regular "item point change" email from Goozex. I love some of these...
Batman: Arkham Asylum -- Collector's Edition PlayStation 3 +1600 2400
Catherine: "Love Is Over" Deluxe Edition PlayStation 3 +3500 5000
Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition Game Boy Advance +4400 4500
God of War III: Ultimate Edition PlayStation 3 +6900 8000

Finally got another match (Resistance 3) which dropped me to 50 points and 4 tokens left. No problem letting those rot. Glad to get my points spent finally.

How does Goozex compare to GS, Best Buy, and the like?

As I'm typing, I can either trade in a copy of Bioshock Infinite for either 2400 points to Goozex, or ~$15 to GS. What exactly is the better deal?

Sadly, you may be better off without Goozex for now. It used to be great, but you will be waiting a long time to spend those points.

How does Goozex compare to GS, Best Buy, and the like?

As I'm typing, I can either trade in a copy of Bioshock Infinite for either 2400 points to Goozex, or ~$15 to GS. What exactly is the better deal?
Gamestop without question, unless you have stellar queue positions.

Resistance 3 came and was in great shape.  Tipped 50 points to zero out my point balance and just leave the 4 tokens.  Disabled my account, so I'm done with Goozex for good.  Have just been selling on Amazon for a year plus, but took a while to zero out my point balance from 8,000 or so.

I have no idea what that is :knows nothing about the stock market:.

Got matched for Gun (PS2) and it arrived in full condition even though I requested disc and case only. Playing it for the first time and I like it. Usually I don't like westerns which reminds me to try out the Read Dead series sometime.

Sitting at 5 tokens and 2600 points after trading 3 games.

In the last week, I got matched for two games. One is from a zero feedback user and I don't expect to get it, but the other is from a someone with fairly sold feedback. 

I'm down to 550, assuming both items come through. 

Hey, Goozex, what's the point of informing me that an item in my queue is listed on the Goozex Exchange if you're not going to let me bid on it because I have it on another list?

You have this item in another list (Offers, Requests, Watch, Stash or Auctions) or you are already bidding for this Item in another Auction!
I'm not going to give up my place in line for an item to bid on the same item that I have no guarantee of winning. This needs to be fixed.

Hey, Goozex, what's the point of informing me that an item in my queue is listed on the Goozex Exchange if you're not going to let me bid on it because I have it on another list?

I'm not going to give up my place in line for an item to bid on the same item that I have no guarantee of winning. This needs to be fixed.
they said yesterday they hope to get it fixxed in the next few days (dont count on it though)

They fixed it. You need to put your game on hold before the bid goes through though.

That's what was frustrating, I already had the game on hold, not as a live request.  But yes, it's fixed now.  I was outbid but I expected to be.

Looks like Goozex is making a big comeback. They have lots of new and used movies and games available through Goozex Exchange.

There are over 1,500 trades going on right now.

They are now at over 1,600 trades. Since my last post, I was matched for three games thanks to the Exchange (one arrived today, the second is on the way, and the third was just announced via email).

I had a bunch of emails alerting me about stuff on my Want list being on the exchange, but I felt kinda misled that the auctions stated "0 tokens" to participate, but it wasn't until later in the process that it said that a token would be required from the winner. And as I've been at 0 tokens for over a year, I can't participate. At least the tokens are cheaper now.

bread's done
Back