Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

I don't know how many of you are old school Diablo II vets, but the Goozex points issue reminds of the Diablo II stone of Jordan (soj) issue. At one point, the soj was a high value item. as soon as people figured out how to manipulate the gambling system to easily get the soj, its value plummeted to the point where it was basically the D2 dollar.

In the goozex economy, high value flips and point sales by goozex have caused point values to plummet. Blizzard fixed the soj issue in later patches by first fixing the gambling system, and then implementing new incentives for players to "get rid" of their sojs to craft new high value items.

Goozex needs to implement a similar strategy to fix the screwed up economy. They need an automated system that redflags a game (prevents it from being traded at its current points value) if an abnormal number of new offers are detected in a given time period. This would give goozex staff a chance to determine if/what sales are going on for the game and adjust the value appropriately. They also need to add incentives for buyers to use up excess points. This could be as simple as selling early access passes say for 1000 points. Those 1000 points would then be "eaten" by the goozex system and not redistributed. There are ways to bring goozex back to what it was, it just needs management that is willing to actually work to do it..

Good ideas. Unfortunately, the biggest problem is highlighted in your last sentence. The owners were essentially absentee for a long time, making it clear they had no interest in actually running the site they started. The recent sale is just confirmation of that. Goozex as a concept (and, to a degree, in execution) is good. Hopefully the new owners will either make a real, concerted effort to improve the site (y'know, actually work) or flip it to someone else who will.

[quote name='aheineken']people need to realize that 1000 points is not $50. All the flips from gamefly sales, etc have caused devaluation to ~ 1000 = $20.[/QUOTE]

It's easily been $20 = 1,000 for a few years now if you kept an eye out for deals. The current slew of Gamefly & Best Buy blowouts has actually dropped it closer to $10 = 1,000. It's time for a restructuring of points.

To those who base anything on what's currently (not) available: You're doing it 100% wrong. Everyone is in line for something; logically, the only empty lines are for the smegma.

I find it amusing how people have all these personal valuations on how much 100 Goozex points is actually worth and how much they've saved by trading on the site, etc.

I'm not sure I've seen two people agree on the same valuation on Goozex points in terms of USD. Especially since many reject the notion that 100 points = $5 since thats what it costs to buy those points.

What a game is worth and how much one saved by using Goozex is all in the eye of each trader.

And especially since you have to pay shipping to send out a game and pay for tokens to receive a game (unless you scored free tokens somehow - I miss promotions that allowed for that, I've never actually paid for tokens), that all hampers how much "flips" are worth and how much your game really cost you, but I see few people that take that into consideration in the point valuation debate.

Also, I know this is nothing new to most of you.

The 1,000 points for a 10, no offense is kinda dumb. If I get in line for a brand new game such as Naughty Bear Gold Edition right when it came out and got it for the 1,000 points aka your $10 and turned around and sold Naughty Bear for $40 plus shipping then that 1,000 points definitely didn't equate to $10/20. I also did this for numerous other new releases at the time such as Fable 2, Fable 3 and Borderlands.

[quote name='Nightfox31']The 1,000 points for a 10, no offense is kinda dumb. If I get in line for a brand new game such as Naughty Bear Gold Edition right when it came out and got it for the 1,000 points aka your $10 and turned around and sold Naughty Bear for $40 plus shipping then that 1,000 points definitely didn't equate to $10/20. I also did this for numerous other new releases at the time such as Fable 2, Fable 3 and Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

its all relative. i rarely flip anymore, so 1000 to me is closer in line to what they were originally intended to be.
but I understand that to others, they got some points by flipping a bunch of $10 copies of Batman. that doesn't mean MY 1000 points are only worth 1000.

[quote name='kodave']I'm not sure I've seen two people agree on the same valuation on Goozex points in terms of USD. Especially since many reject the notion that 100 points = $5 since thats what it costs to buy those points.

And especially since you have to pay shipping to send out a game and pay for tokens to receive a game (unless you scored free tokens somehow - I miss promotions that allowed for that, I've never actually paid for tokens), that all hampers how much "flips" are worth and how much your game really cost you, but I see few people that take that into consideration in the point valuation debate.

Also, I know this is nothing new to most of you.[/QUOTE]

Points haven't been available for purchase for a while now, and free tokens is an ongoing weekly thing with participation in Goozex Game Nights. Personally, I hain't been able to take advantage of it because I'm not a console gamer, and the PC night is Mondays when I have a class.

But yeah, there's significant personal variance in valuation.

Looking at the user cp, I see GGN threads for ps3 and 360, and I get Steam pop-up reminders for the PC ones. I don't know if the tokens are still being handed out though.

[quote name='dfg']Looking at the user cp, I see GGN threads for ps3 and 360, and I get Steam pop-up reminders for the PC ones. I don't know if the tokens are still being handed out though.[/QUOTE]

They are. I just received one.

Got matched for another game, but then got a trade cancellation request right after. Really bumming me out. This month has been really terrible for me on Goozex.

Also, trades are down to about ~1400.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']They still do game nights? I thought those were long gone.[/QUOTE]

Thursday April 26th 360 GGN is L4D2! I'd love to participate, but it's at 9pm ET. A bit too early for me. I might try leaving work early just for this one.

Nightfox: Proving that a 1,000 point game from Goozex is worth $40 doesn't disprove the fact that you can get 1,000 points for $10-$20.

Minor footnote: Shipping cost is included when you buy the game from Gamefly/Amazon/Best Buy and ship directly to your match.

So I got my points and 5 tokens back for sending in a broken game to Goozex for review. Weird thing is, the feedback changed from negative to positive for the seller, so he got his points credited, too. Oh well. At least I got my refund.

guess no more points

Points are not available for sale at this time. You can earn more points by trading your items. The more items you list in your Offers, the more points you may earn by trading!

love how i got 5 tokens at 5pm est time and still shows 0 IN MY ACCOUNT

I love how I've been matched for The Witcher 2 with my Early Access token twice to people who just joined. First one, the cancel request was made within an hour with a simple "I WANT IT" message. Wonder what'll happen with this second one?

[quote name='slidecage']guess no more points

Points are not available for sale at this time. You can earn more points by trading your items. The more items you list in your Offers, the more points you may earn by trading!

love how i got 5 tokens at 5pm est time and still shows 0 IN MY ACCOUNT[/QUOTE]

You sure your order went through? I just bought 3 tokens and it added to my account instantly.

[quote name='shieryda']Gotta love it when you add a game to your requests queue, and there are zero copies available as offers.[/QUOTE]

Thats so Goozex.

[quote name='theking20']so close to cashing out on trades, just 1050 points left :D

lets go Mario Party 9, i'm first in line[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'm 2nd. Hope you get yours soon. My son's birthday is in 3 weeks.

[quote name='theking20']so close to cashing out on trades, just 1050 points left :D

lets go Mario Party 9, i'm first in line[/QUOTE]

I'm down to 1900 points now, hopefully i'll be at 0 by the end of May

Oh great. Almost all of the games I have active, or just recently activated all went up in value today. I've started to narrow down my requests to games that I may actually have to buy in retail stores, since I'll most likely never be able to get them from Goozex.:cry:

Not like I need more games with my huge backlog now, but still.

[quote name='Skulles']Ive had about 10 games in my que for about 3 months now and I haven't gotten anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised that's the case if you're only requesting 10 games.

My request list is at around 800 items and I get a fairly steady stream of stuff coming in every week.

Forums blowin' up regarding the status of the sale of the site.

Trades are fluctuating between 1410 and 1460 over the past couple weeks.

Also, the most recent game that I received is a brand new, sealed copy!

Ugh, I just traded a bunch of stuff on Goozex in the past few weeks and I'm sad to read this thread. I miss when Goozex was doing really well 1.5-2 years ago (when people still traded DVDs!). I couldn't keep up with all of the games I had received! I have roughly 6000k and 19 credits sitting on my account now. :(

[quote name='magiic']I've got 5,000 points and 12 tokens left. I'll run those down and see what happens from there.[/QUOTE]

Or just trade with me on here. Lol

It's weird. I got worried that Goozex might go under, or something shitty might happen due to this pending sale or whatever, so I activated a whole bunch of stuff not expecting to get anything soon. I've had about 5 trades sent to me over the past couple of weeks, and pretty good stuff too like Dark Souls and NFS The Run. I didn't expect it. I'm now down to my final 1000 points. There is still a ton of stuff on my want list, but I just can't send in more games until we learn more about what's going on. So I figure if I get first in line for something I want, then I will send in games just to get that game, but aside from that, my Goozex days are on hold until we get more info. I really like Goozex too. But I like not losing out on money (or points, in the case) more.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I'm not surprised that's the case if you're only requesting 10 games.

My request list is at around 800 items and I get a fairly steady stream of stuff coming in every week.[/QUOTE]

800 items? Really? That's just sort of ridiculous. Who the hell has 800 'wants'?

[quote name='GizmoGC']800 items? Really? That's just sort of ridiculous. Who the hell has 800 'wants'?[/QUOTE]

when I first joined Goozex, this would have been unheard of for me. But considering you now essentially have all of gaming history to choose from, as well as dvd's and blurays, I can see having 800 things in a queue. You are talking Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, n64, all 3 playstations, xbox/360, Wii/GC, plus endless movies.
would I ever get through all 800? no shot. but for variety, put them out there and get what you get.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']In before, "This means nothing! Goozex is dead! Rabble rabble rabble!"[/QUOTE]

Actually, Zanna just posted again and we're at square one again for updates to the site...

Yeah, that's cool that the site is sticking around, but in what format? And will there be improvements to keep current users and attract new users?

for those who dont to follow a link

To The Goozex Community:

Today marks a key milestone in Goozex's history. Together, and over the last 5+ years, we have built the most loyal and engaging trading community on the web. We are now strengthening our industry strategy by agreeing to be acquired by a public company, Bay Acquisition Corp. (stock symbol: SLGI)(which was formerly known as SecureLogic Corp.).

Be assured that we are not changing and not going away. Being part of a public company will provide our members the opportunity to be part of something truly special and provide us with the resources we need to meet our goal of becoming the web's leading one stop shop for video gamers. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements about the acquisition in the near future.

UMMMMM

anyone check on who is buying SLGI in a PENNY STOCK close thursday at 19.5 cents i dont see how they could spent 5 million or whatever on this company,,, man from MAY 1 12 cents to may 3 20 cents .. could be interesting to buy it but i wait till it fall back under 15 cents too big of a spike to jump on it (then again could go back to 50 big cents LOL)

Interesting to see that Goozex no longer sells points, not that I can imagine anyone buying them except during those crazy sales they had.

The message says: "Points are not available for sale at this time. You can earn more points by trading your items. The more items you list in your Offers, the more points you may earn by trading!"

[quote name='slidecage']for those who dont to follow a link

To The Goozex Community:

Today marks a key milestone in Goozex's history. Together, and over the last 5+ years, we have built the most loyal and engaging trading community on the web. We are now strengthening our industry strategy by agreeing to be acquired by a public company, Bay Acquisition Corp. (stock symbol: SLGI)(which was formerly known as SecureLogic Corp.).

Be assured that we are not changing and not going away. Being part of a public company will provide our members the opportunity to be part of something truly special and provide us with the resources we need to meet our goal of becoming the web's leading one stop shop for video gamers. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements about the acquisition in the near future.

UMMMMM

anyone check on who is buying SLGI in a PENNY STOCK close thursday at 19.5 cents i dont see how they could spent 5 million or whatever on this company,,, man from MAY 1 12 cents to may 3 20 cents .. could be interesting to buy it but i wait till it fall back under 15 cents too big of a spike to jump on it (then again could go back to 50 big cents LOL)[/QUOTE]

Gooxez will be around forever! Those 1,400 active trades are really supporting the site. That's like, thousand (no 's') of dollars each month!

[quote name='slidecage']UMMMMM

anyone check on who is buying SLGI in a PENNY STOCK close thursday at 19.5 cents i dont see how they could spent 5 million or whatever on this company,,, man from MAY 1 12 cents to may 3 20 cents .. could be interesting to buy it but i wait till it fall back under 15 cents too big of a spike to jump on it (then again could go back to 50 big cents LOL)[/QUOTE]
Well, they only paid/are paying $150K cash.

Also you haven't been able to buy points for at least a month.

[quote name='shieryda']Yeah, that's cool that the site is sticking around, but in what format? And will there be improvements to keep current users and attract new users?[/QUOTE]

I want to know what will happen to my points and token. I'm guessing everything will be reset... meaning we'll lose our points, tokens, and positions in lists. This way, they can re-launch the entire site and attract new users.

[quote name='Vinny']I want to know what will happen to my points and token. I'm guessing everything will be reset... meaning we'll lose our points, tokens, and positions in lists. This way, they can re-launch the entire site and attract new users.[/QUOTE]

Dude. If that happens, there will an internet explosion.:bomb:

[quote name='shieryda']Dude. If that happens, there will an internet explosion.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll matter... I mean, how many people actually use Goozex anymore? It might get reported on some sites but I doubt it'll be a major shitstorm.

But again, that's just my guess. I think they should do some type of purge... maybe send out emails and give people 7 days to claim their account. For those that do, they keep everything as is and for those that don't, their accounts are suspended and all points/positions/tokens are forfeited. This way, new users don't have to wait forever to get something.

But even more likely is that nothing will come off this acquisition and the site will get shut down. This SLGI company sounds like a sham.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Gooxez will be around forever! Those 1,400 active trades are really supporting the site. That's like, thousand (no 's') of dollars each month![/QUOTE]

GameTZ averages fewer trades per month than Goozex, and they've survived on subscription fees from a small fraction of the users.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']GameTZ averages fewer trades per month than Goozex, and they've survived on subscription fees from a small fraction of the users.[/QUOTE]

Logic and reasoning is wasted on that one. Zealots have no use for these things.

bread's done
Back