Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='PR Mega X']For months now, I've been receiving Goozex's e-mail telling me my requested item (Spider-Man 2 on DVD) is available, and to activate it now. I finally did so a few days ago, and I'm currently on my third match -- *every* one of them so far has let it time out, and this one is on course to do the same thing. If you're not going to accept, at least have the decency to decline the trade so I can move on to someone else :roll:[/QUOTE]

Most be abandoned the site - so they won't be logging in to accept/decline the request. They just ignore the e-mails.

[quote name='PR Mega X']For months now, I've been receiving Goozex's e-mail telling me my requested item (Spider-Man 2 on DVD) is available, and to activate it now. I finally did so a few days ago, and I'm currently on my third match -- *every* one of them so far has let it time out, and this one is on course to do the same thing. If you're not going to accept, at least have the decency to decline the trade so I can move on to someone else :roll:[/QUOTE]

Apparently cheaters are creating fake accounts and offering games that they don't have. They use this method to tie up the requests of honest traders and boost their place to the front of the line.

Since Goozex administration has all but abandoned the site it's gone to the cheaters.

I see that folks on Goozex are taking bets on when the # of trades occuring now will finally dip below 1000.

Of course there's another rumor that this number is artificially inflated so that may not be for a while...

[quote name='dmaul1114']Dang, still have 3,900 points left. Thought I had it down lower than that.[/QUOTE]

Wow I have 2150 points and only 2 tokens left. If I get a request I'll have to figure out if I want to even bother buying any more tokens...

Yeah, I traded in 2 or 3 1,000 point games back when I ditched my Xbox over the hacking debacle in the spring. I was up around 6,000 points after that, so I have whittled it down a decent amount.

Oh well, if I get stuck with useless points I get stuck with useless points. Not the end of the world. I figure I can eventually get matched up for 2 or 3 1,000 point games as long as the site doesn't go under in the next few months and get it down more hopefully.

I also only have 2 tokens though, so I'd have to buy more to use up the points.

In the past 3 weeks, I have received the following:

Forza 3
PGR4
Crysis 2
NFS:HP
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (confirmed shipped)
Viva Pinata: TiP (confirmed shipped)

Bought 3 more tokens last night, but I think my days of getting matched for games is soon coming to an end. All other requests are either not available as offers (low numbers), or the offers are all on hold.

[quote name='shieryda']In the past 3 weeks, I have received the following:

Forza 3
PGR4
Crysis 2
NFS:HP
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (confirmed shipped)
Viva Pinata: TiP (confirmed shipped)

Bought 3 more tokens last night, but I think my days of getting matched for games is soon coming to an end. All other requests are either not available as offers (low numbers), or the offers are all on hold.[/QUOTE]

Not bad!

[quote name='camoor']Not bad![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm never going to play them all, but had the points to blow. Maybe I can lend them to a buddy for a while.:D

After my two matches confirm receipt of the games I just sent out I should have close to 5000 points again.

Still not giving up on the site just yet and received 3 games this week.

6300 points and 3 tokens, all from trading Club Nintendo items.

Have been in line for Mk7 3ds forever (several other newish 3DS games too), even went back the line once or twice.

Edit: Unless someone here wants to do some off the books Goozex Game & Watch Collection for Mario Kart 7/Mario Land 3D trades?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nixmahn']6300 points and 3 tokens, all from trading Club Nintendo items.

Have been in line for Mk7 3ds forever (several other newish 3DS games too), even went back the line once or twice.

Edit: Unless someone here wants to do some off the books Goozex Game & Watch Collection for Mario Kart 7/Mario Land 3D trades?[/QUOTE]

You might also want to try the trading forum.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I went from no points and no trades on Monday to five games incoming with three pending matches this morning.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. For what system?

[quote name='camoor']Lucky. For what system?[/QUOTE]
1 360, 1 PS3, 2 Xbox, 2 PS1 are on the way. Two more Xbox and one more PS1 are matched.

And none of them are sports titles, before any of the doomsayers ask.

Goozex has shallow breath, but it's still alive. The most recent Witcher 2 (360) match was the real deal. Here's hoping some more trades pan out - sitting at 2400/3.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']1 360, 1 PS3, 2 Xbox, 2 PS1 are on the way. Two more Xbox and one more PS1 are matched.

And none of them are sports titles, before any of the doomsayers ask.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a ton of systems and a ton of requests is the way to go.

It's only rough if you're interested in a handful of titles for one or two of the systems.

Yeah, that's my issue. I have all 3 consoles, but there aren't many games I'm interested in that I haven't already played or already have on the shelf. I have some blu ray movies listed too, but those were always almost impossible to get.

Guess I could request some games I already have played just to sell on Amazon to at least use up my points and get some cash out of them.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']1 360, 1 PS3, 2 Xbox, 2 PS1 are on the way. Two more Xbox and one more PS1 are matched.

And none of them are sports titles, before any of the doomsayers ask.[/QUOTE]

What titles?

3,350 points with 2 tokens here. I'm still sending games out (mostly PSP) but not receiving much back. The last disc I received was Star Wars Episode 2 on DVD although I am second in line for Episode 3. I still have 24 requests (7 of which I am first in line) so I'm hopeful things will pick up once kids go on summer vacation.

I'm thinking with Black Ops 2 and Arkham City:GOTY edition coming, I will get Modern Warfare 3 and Arkham standard sooner as that's how I received Modern Warfare 2 and Arkham Asylum a couple of years ago.

Sitting on two tokens and 2200 points. It is sad to see Goozex in this state, I really got a lot out of it over the years and I'm sitting on many active requests with not much movement.

[quote name='MaXx']Sitting on two tokens and 2200 points. It is sad to see Goozex in this state, I really got a lot out of it over the years and I'm sitting on many active requests with not much movement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the closest I was at was postion 51 for a game and I slid to 53. Now I'm going backwards, how does that even happen?

[quote name='camoor']Yeah the closest I was at was postion 51 for a game and I slid to 53. Now I'm going backwards, how does that even happen?[/QUOTE]

people who had them ON HOLD went active

Got matched for Hotel Dusk today. That one wasn't really even on my radar (thought I'd be waiting a while for it).

Still haven't received Castlevania: LoS (confirmed shipped on May 18). Hopefully, it will be in my mailbox waiting tonight. It is shipping from CA, though, so I guess I just need to be a little more patient.

Down to my last token and 8200 points...

[quote name='shieryda']Down to my last token and 8200 points...[/QUOTE]

Quite an imbalance there :)

I've been sitting at 1100 points and one token for many months now waiting for at least one game in my queue to get matched.

I'm sitting at 2850 points and 5 tokens and haven't received a thing for 5 months now.

I keep getting emails that everything on my offers listed is requested now but nothing on my wantlist is available.:roll: I would gladly start sending stuff out again if I could actually get something...:whistle2:?

Just got a 360 and I've been matched up for a few 200-300 pt non sports games

I've got Fable II and Oblivion coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kube00']Just got a 360 and I've been matched up for a few 100-200 non sports games[/QUOTE]

Those Burger King games are not half bad!

The trolls in this thread have been warned at least once in the past.

If you have no interest in Goozex, do not post. They will be deleted, and further action will be taken.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a request for my copy of Lego Stars Wars 2 which was for the Gamecube ... and disc only. I also had a request for my copy of Killzone: Liberation.

That brings me to 3,600 points. I have some requests for almost every system (7 of which I am first in line) so I hope with summer vacation from school coming up, I see some of those games come my way.

Hope Goozex fares better in the summer than it has recently.

6500/5

Man I wish they let us trade points for tokens, even if it the rate didn't work out in our favor :\

oh nice, first in line for fallout new vegas: ultimate edition and metal gear solid HD collection

if those two come in i will have 0 goozex points, but i wont stop using it, love goozex, if the ship is sinking i'll go down with it B^)

[quote name='shieryda']Just used my last token on NHL 11. Put evertything else on hold until I actually finish a game in my collection.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I'm in the same boat. Currently have incoming Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 for GC, FF13 for 360, and Dead Rising. Out of tokens with only 100pts, I think I'm officially done until the Goozex "doom-storm" passes. My back log is massively huge(FO3 and NV, KOTOR 1-2, ME 1-3, Elder Scrolls 3-4 plus side stories on Skyrim, and that is just 9 of about 40), so until I knock out some of my backlog, I don't need anymore

I really like Goozex, and have used it for years...

But there's only 7 :ds: games avaliable for trading right now.
48 games for :ps3: avaliable.
I don't forsee any chance to use up my last 1200 points and 3 tokens.

Along with the 7 NDS games, there are:

44 available games for Wii
117 available GameCube games
513 available Xbox games, 25/26 pages worth of which are under 200 points

No wonder its been impossible for me to close my account out with my last 200 points / 1 token. It'd probably be easier if I had a 360, PS3, or PS2, but such is life.

I thought I was putting my Goozex account on hold until we found out more about the sale and future of the company, but I have two early access games about to release so I shipped out a couple of games to have enough points. I hope a few people trade those and I don't lose out. I am # 2 for one, and # 6 for the other. I haven't fully given up on Goozex yet obviously, I am just proceeding with caution. I have received a good amount of trades lately, but they were mostly older PC titles. Most of the high value, popular games I am in line for aren't moving as they used to. I really do hope Goozex makes a comeback full force. I love trading on the site.

Proceeding cautiously is only logical at this point. I have several games I could send now but I'm leaving them on hold until I can spend some points. I'm basically doing a 1:1 send/receive ratio right now.

bread's done
Back