OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ledhed']Have fun in your new clan Sticky. I'll miss screaming at you for throwing the flag out the window in Zanzibar. :wink:

I just realized: with both you and Jake now gone, there's no "guy who really enjoys killing Ledhed" anymore. Or maybe there is and he's simply not as vocal about it as you two were. :lol:[/quote]

Gee, I feel so left out, Ledhed, since you know I take delight in killing you. As you do me. :twisted:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sj41']I dropped out of the clan. There's just not enough spaces on a team as shown by murc booting guys so they could go into matchmaking which I really didn't understand since I think 13 players were there so we just needed 3 more to have the original 8, including the sacred Arikado, and 8 other people most of which were in the clan. :?[/quote]

I don't quite understand what you are saying here. There were originally 13 people when Murc started booting people? Was he only booting people who weren't in the clan? If he was botting clan members, was someone else starting another room? I don't think a clan member should ever be booted unless there are simply too many people to do match-making AND someone is starting another room, as we've often done in the past.[/quote]

What I think happened was there were 7 of us waiting for Arikado to enter matchmaking, and then another 5 people joined. There was already another room with custom matches going. I don't really know what happened.[/quote]

I had an invite to join that game, and figured to bring along the rest of the people in the room, and save on invites, under the assumption of everyone else being invited and doing something big intra-clan.

When I arrived with the four or five other people brought along, I was told it was an 8-person matchmaking game. Well, I was told, after everyone who came with me besides Arikado was booted out of the room, and I came back for the third time, as with the second time, I was just kicked out of the room again. Third time, I was told, by Jimmie, that it was an 8-person grouping. Once I was told that, I went off and made a room on my own where Sticky, myself and that new guy of his were having a few games.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed']Have fun in your new clan Sticky. I'll miss screaming at you for throwing the flag out the window in Zanzibar. :wink:

I just realized: with both you and Jake now gone, there's no "guy who really enjoys killing Ledhed" anymore. Or maybe there is and he's simply not as vocal about it as you two were. :lol:[/quote]

I didn't know Jake left. What happened there?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure jake is in the DCR clan and has been since the release of the game[/quote]

Oh, okay. He played with us the other night, and I must have just figured he was in the clan. Oops.[/quote]

Jake was playing with us Thursday night, him and a buddy of his. Not sure if he's in the clan or not.

[quote name='shrike4242']Gee, I feel so left out, Ledhed, since you know I take delight in killing you. As you do me. :twisted:[/quote]

Oh, my sweet shrike, how could I have forgotten you? :wink:

I imagine there are a few others as well. Jake and Sticky stood out among the rest though. They would stop in the middle of a firefight to humiliate my corpse. That's dedication folks.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']sorry for not being on that much in the last week guys - work, life, etc. has been getting in the way. i should be on several nights this week though. i read every post in the thread, so don't think your feedback and requests go unheeded.

as far as booting people from a game, i don't see it being necessary unless there are non-clan people there. if it's larger than eight, just do a custom game, or split it into two groups for some matchmade stuff (just make sure everyone agrees to this beforehand).

sticky, sorry to see you go, have fun in your new clan (though i won't miss the singing :p ).

nice dream team list mooky - very true and very entertaining. i think the only game i've played with you was when I flipped the hog on coag when we had the flag in it and ended up costing us the game. probably my worst halo 2 moment yet, not a good way to impress :wink:[/quote]

It's OK with not being around 100% of the time, rock, we know how a little thing like life and work can get in the way of things. :D Things move along with or without you there, since you know we have enough clues, collectively, to run things on our own.

I should be around this evening, hopefully on a fully wireless setup and it'll work as Logitech says it should. :D

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sj41']I dropped out of the clan. There's just not enough spaces on a team as shown by murc booting guys so they could go into matchmaking which I really didn't understand since I think 13 players were there so we just needed 3 more to have the original 8, including the sacred Arikado, and 8 other people most of which were in the clan. :?[/quote]

I don't quite understand what you are saying here. There were originally 13 people when Murc started booting people? Was he only booting people who weren't in the clan? If he was botting clan members, was someone else starting another room? I don't think a clan member should ever be booted unless there are simply too many people to do match-making AND someone is starting another room, as we've often done in the past.[/quote]

What I think happened was there were 7 of us waiting for Arikado to enter matchmaking, and then another 5 people joined. There was already another room with custom matches going. I don't really know what happened.[/quote]

I had an invite to join that game, and figured to bring along the rest of the people in the room, and save on invites, under the assumption of everyone else being invited and doing something big intra-clan.

When I arrived with the four or five other people brought along, I was told it was an 8-person matchmaking game. Well, I was told, after everyone who came with me besides Arikado was booted out of the room, and I came back for the third time, as with the second time, I was just kicked out of the room again. Third time, I was told, by Jimmie, that it was an 8-person grouping. Once I was told that, I went off and made a room on my own where Sticky, myself and that new guy of his were having a few games.[/quote]

zewone left because his connection wasn't allowing him to play. It kept booting him when he played with us, so he left. I know you were then invited, but I didn't know about anyone else. We all said "Shrike" after he left because you were the one we wanted to play with us.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='shrike4242']Gee, I feel so left out, Ledhed, since you know I take delight in killing you. As you do me. :twisted:[/quote]

Oh, my sweet shrike, how could I have forgotten you? :wink:

I imagine there are a few others as well. Jake and Sticky stood out among the rest though. They would stop in the middle of a firefight to humiliate my corpse. That's dedication folks.[/quote]

I know I have to return the favor that you're shown me, Ledhed, about the proper humilation practices. :lol:

Plus, I know that Jimmie has been putting in a few cheers and "Look at that shot" when taking me out, so I know it all comes around eventually. :rofl: I know that I have my share of "Let's go kill shrike, his corpse flies around the map good" admirers. :wink:

[quote name='sj41']I dropped out of the clan. There's just not enough spaces on a team as shown by murc booting guys so they could go into matchmaking which I really didn't understand since I think 13 players were there so we just needed 3 more to have the original 8, including the sacred Arikado, and 8 other people most of which were in the clan. :?

I'm now with a clan called pizzbreak (it fits me so well :D) and we only have 4 guys in it, so if this clan doesn't ever do anything, I'm probally going to join the DCR ( www.dreamcastersrealm.com ) if they can get things going.

It was fun playing with you guys. Hopefully if you guys ever don't want to have a clan members only game, then I can play too.

Just remember the ham will live on. :p[/quote]

JimmieMac had control. There was another room for custom games with about 6 other people from the clan in it. It didn't say clan match because we always practice with a big team battle first and than the second match is clan. Sorry to see you go, but most of the things you are saying makes it seem like murc was the bad guy when it really wasn't anything like, but you already said that you aren't mad at murc so no biggie. See you around sometime.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sj41']I dropped out of the clan. There's just not enough spaces on a team as shown by murc booting guys so they could go into matchmaking which I really didn't understand since I think 13 players were there so we just needed 3 more to have the original 8, including the sacred Arikado, and 8 other people most of which were in the clan. :?[/quote]

When I arrived with the four or five other people brought along, I was told it was an 8-person matchmaking game. Well, I was told, after everyone who came with me besides Arikado was booted out of the room, and I came back for the third time, as with the second time, I was just kicked out of the room again. Third time, I was told, by Jimmie, that it was an 8-person grouping. Once I was told that, I went off and made a room on my own where Sticky, myself and that new guy of his were having a few games. [/quote]

zewone left because his connection wasn't allowing him to play. It kept booting him when he played with us, so he left. I know you were then invited, but I didn't know about anyone else. We all said "Shrike" after he left because you were the one we wanted to play with us.[/quote]

That's what I figured, so most likely, the whole thing is my "fault", due to me bringing in everyone in the room. I took the invite to me to assume that other invites were in the works, and damn that ass-u-me problem, it looks like I had jumped the gun on it. No harm, no foul on it, it was more the curiousity of getting booted without any word to the why, by the third time came up, Jimmie told me what was going on, and I went off to make another room. I sent invites to all the clan members who were in the game, which was Sticky, KingDox, and RamenNoodles, and Sticky was the only one who arrived. I wasn't blaming anyone or taking offense, just trying to figure out why I was getting the boot. Once it was figured out, then I understood.

I remember when Ledhed talked about making new parties when the current one is too full, or needs to get knocked down to 8 for clanmatch or matchmaking, so I went off and did my best LedHed emulation and made another room.

Looking at the player's list at Bungie.net, it appears that Jake is officially out of the CAG clan.

Also, I'm about to jump on for a moment and promote Arikado and Murc to temporary Staff positions since Nick and I won't be on as much during the next few weeks.

Please treat them with the same respect you've shown me (corpse-humping notwithstanding). :wink:

[quote name='shrike4242']I remember when Ledhed talked about making new parties when the current one is too full, or needs to get knocked down to 8 for clanmatch or matchmaking, so I went off and did my best LedHed emulation and made another room.[/quote]

Good, that is what should happen. Also, if two staff are playing and a new room needs to be made, one of the staff should leave to start it.

[quote name='Ledhed']Looking at the player's list at Bungie.net, it appears that Jake is officially out of the CAG clan.

Also, I'm about to jump on for a moment and promote Arikado and Murc to temporary Staff positions since Nick and I won't be on as much during the next few weeks.

Please treat them with the same respect you've shown me (corpse-humping notwithstanding). :wink:[/quote]

He was in in or clan for like a few days. He has been in DreacastersRealm clan since pretty much Halo 2 came out.

[quote name='Ledhed']Looking at the player's list at Bungie.net, it appears that Jake is officially out of the CAG clan.

Please treat them with the same respect you've shown me (corpse-humping notwithstanding). :wink:[/quote]

Ooooh, looks like I get to shoot them too, then show them proper respect? Damn, I love that. :twisted:

Hey guys,

Mind sending me a clan invite? Gamertag: NJDevilsFan

Cheapy said I had to post and that he would get in trouble if he just added me, lol.

Thanks,
Jordan

[quote name='sj41']I dropped out of the clan. There's just not enough spaces on a team as shown by murc booting guys so they could go into matchmaking which I really didn't understand since I think 13 players were there so we just needed 3 more to have the original 8, including the sacred Arikado, and 8 other people most of which were in the clan. :?

I'm now with a clan called pizzbreak (it fits me so well :D) and we only have 4 guys in it, so if this clan doesn't ever do anything, I'm probally going to join the DCR ( www.dreamcastersrealm.com ) if they can get things going.

It was fun playing with you guys. Hopefully if you guys ever don't want to have a clan members only game, then I can play too.

Just remember the ham will live on. :p[/quote]

whoa whoa whoa there. I was not booting people, i wasnt the leader of that, that was mr jimmiemac

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the rest of the topic. Thanks for backin me up there Zewone

[quote name='Ledhed']Have fun in your new clan Sticky. I'll miss screaming at you for throwing the flag out the window in Zanzibar. :wink:

what did you forget about me or something?

Also I got a great idea. One day we should get 16 members in room who are serious about playing real practice, CTF/Assault and we should treat it like a pick up football game. We pick people one by one on teams, so they are even. Also Im comin on soon and tonight so if anyone wants to play that would be great.

My quick 10 man dream team (2 extra for replacements just incase someone isnt on. Its not in any order either

1.Zewone: Great crouch walker, steals the flag in seconds after the game starts, Great D and O

2. Cheapy D: Great D, very entertaining to play with, like that game of team slayer when he started to sing its raining men.

3. Ledhed: Offensive force, reminds everyone when someone gets the flag to cover em. Can really take out a crowd

4. Arikado: He is a killing machine. Not much of a stategic guy but he is a killing monster, awesome sniper too.

5. Mookyjooky: Always gets the flag to where it needs to be, pushes it all to get to it. Also a good all around player.

6. JimmieMac: Shotgun extrodinere, give him an overshield and a shotgun and there goes the other team, our official trash talker.

7. RyWateska: Great stategic skill, pretty good with a sniper, keeps us in the game at all times.

8. Ugamer_X: This guy is the best sniper ive played with, thats all i need to say

9. Rocksolidaudio: Great with that rocket, plays D and i dont think doesnt mind. Also very good at calling commands.

10. Murcielago77: This guy is incredible, best player on our team. I mean he can do anything. :wink:

There are many other guys that would be awesome on our team. Jugsta, Shrike, Trakan, Crymson Echo, Calelien, Zerosupport, and many others

Also I got one more question. What is your guys look sensitivity set at, especially wondering Arikado, Ryan, and Ledhead. I found out ugamer had his at 10 :shock:

[quote name='murcielago77']Also I got one more question. What is your guys look sensitivity set at, especially wondering Arikado, Ryan, and Ledhead. I found out ugamer had his at 10 :shock:[/quote]

Higher isn't necessarily better. I used to think that, but then I figured out it's way easier to aim when zoomed if you have it a little lower. I used to play at 7, but now I'm at 5. Sniping is now way easier.

[quote name='murcielago77']Also I got one more question. What is your guys look sensitivity set at, especially wondering Arikado, Ryan, and Ledhead. I found out ugamer had his at 10 :shock:[/quote]

In Halo 1, I played at 8. Then I spent a solid year playing Halo PC, and had to drop to about 5 when Halo 2 came out until I got used to the sensitivity again. I just recently went back up to 8.

An old buddy of mine (arguably the best pistol player I've ever seen) used to play at 1. :shock:

I play with anywhere from 6-8 sensitivity...it all depends on if I've got a steady hand or if I'm jumping all over the place over the course of the night. So long as you don't overshoot, I bet a 10 could be easily maintained...that or a lot of Unreal or Tribes...

[quote name='Ledhed']Good games tonight guys. Glad I finally had an oppurtunity to play again.[/quote]

Yes, my bullet/grenade/rocket/plasma/sword-ridden corpse noticed you back on. :rofl:

Yeah good matches, especially the last one on headlong.

Hey RSA, are there still spots open in the clan? I might just make a 2 month trial-er to join.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Hey RSA, are there still spots open in the clan? I might just make a 2 month trial-er to join.[/quote]

Spots-o'-plenty. Just let us know the tag.

Hey, i am D4rkN1ght on Halo2 xbox live i was wondering if i could be in your clan. i played with you guys a bit tonight on big team battle. Let me know how i can get in. thanks alot.

ah, team-killing douchebags. gotta love 'em. by the way, don't forget to report that guy for those who were in the game - 'jubitzu.' i will be calling microsoft tomorrow, seems to be the most effective thing. i just won't stand for that shit, especially when we lose the game because of it.

I play at 6. I'm considering bumping it up to 7 or 8, though.

Also, good games to everyone I played with tonight. It was fun.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']ah, team-killing douchebags. gotta love 'em. by the way, don't forget to report that guy for those who were in the game - 'jubitzu.' i will be calling microsoft tomorrow, seems to be the most effective thing. i just won't stand for that shit, especially when we lose the game because of it.[/quote]

you guys lost that match? Hell i got booted exploding a warthog.

Also whos coming to practice tommorow? Ill be on either early or on time, i shouldnt be late, unless im sleeping.

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']ah, team-killing douchebags. gotta love 'em. by the way, don't forget to report that guy for those who were in the game - 'jubitzu.' i will be calling microsoft tomorrow, seems to be the most effective thing. i just won't stand for that shit, especially when we lose the game because of it.[/quote]

you guys lost that match? Hell i got booted exploding a warthog.

Also whos coming to practice tommorow? Ill be on either early or on time, i shouldnt be late, unless im sleeping.[/quote]

I'll be there. I actually got both Tuesday and Thursday off of work, so I should be there both nights unless I go to a LAN party or something.

ok, ill see you guys on "tonight". Good games tonight, played with a variety of people even caught up with sticky waffles/sj41, dafoomie, and the newest member of the clan, craven fiend

ok, i have a plan for tommorows practice, what we do is we get a full room of CAGs (or as close as we can get) then we put 2 people as leaders of teams, then we pick one by one to be on teams. So its an even game of 8 vs 8. Then well play some CTF, and assault games then we mix up the teams a bit or pick again. I mean we dont have to follow that idea, but let me get some feedback on this idea.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']ah, team-killing douchebags. gotta love 'em. by the way, don't forget to report that guy for those who were in the game - 'jubitzu.' i will be calling microsoft tomorrow, seems to be the most effective thing. i just won't stand for that shit, especially when we lose the game because of it.[/quote]

What happened with said jackass, rock?

The one thing that pisses me off, more than lag, is little pansy ass bitches quitting. Its bad when one or two quits on my side, but its worse when nearly the whole team quits on the other side. I mean own up and be a man/woman. Don't get mad just because I ran you over with a ghost.

In my personal crusade to rectify this problem, I send them a friend invite, and the next time they get on I give them a few whacks in the back of the head a good tounge lashing and for the rest of the game just bitch them out, while just sitting there in a game, doing absolutely nothing, except sometimes chucking nades in random directions.

I find most of the time they are 12yo little immature kids, most of time stupid as FCUK. I swear, a certain abount of maturity level and skill is required for Halo 2 , and they are devoid of both.

[quote name='murcielago77']ok, i have a plan for tommorows practice, what we do is we get a full room of CAGs (or as close as we can get) then we put 2 people as leaders of teams, then we pick one by one to be on teams. So its an even game of 8 vs 8. Then well play some CTF, and assault games then we mix up the teams a bit or pick again. I mean we dont have to follow that idea, but let me get some feedback on this idea.[/quote]

Makes sense to me, some inter-clan practice is a very good idea, especially with the "dream teams" that have been posted of recent. Time to see them all in action. :wink:

I plan on being on tonight as well. Last time I was playing I was SFWI (Stealing the Flag While Intoxicated). I think that was the night we all played zombie. Anyways, I became disoriented as a Warthog tried to pick me up with the horn blaring in my ear. Sorry about that. No drinking tonight...maybe 1 or 2 cold ones but that's it.

I like the idea of a pick up game. We need some team captains. I vote rocksolid of course and probably ledhed if he is gonna be one tonight.

I'll be on at some point. We're finally going back to normal store hours, which means I should be home around 10:30 Central at the latest.

[quote name='Ledhed']I'll be on at some point. We're finally going back to normal store hours, which means I should be home around 10:30 Central at the latest.[/quote]

About time you had something resembling normal hours, ledhed.

I know this is the Halo2 CAG thread, but do other CAG clans exist and meet up online?

I was specifically thinking of the upcoming MA: Lonewolf game. Does anyone know if Day1 will have a site as nice as Bungie for clan support and the like?

I've talked about an Alpha and Bravo team a few times online....doesnt seem to plan well.

I personally think it would be awesome.

You make everyone on "Alpha" change to red avatar with numbers 1,2,3,4

And everyone on "Bravo" to blue avatar with 5,6,7,8.

(You can change the avatar back after....just write down your info)

Make two team leaders....that way...if its two flag coag you have:

"Alpha" Defense
"Bravo" Offense

If its one flag you have a:

"Alpha" Teleporter
"Bravo" Hogs and Ghosts

Then call out things like:

"Bravo team, hogs Left!" or "Alpha team fallback and regroup"

Trust me, this would be most ill.....but I would have to be Alpha/Wheelman/Offense.....it's just my best trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back