OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mookyjooky']I've talked about an Alpha and Bravo team a few times online....doesnt seem to plan well.

I personally think it would be awesome.

You make everyone on "Alpha" change to red avatar with numbers 1,2,3,4

And everyone on "Bravo" to blue avatar with 5,6,7,8.

(You can change the avatar back after....just write down your info)

Make two team leaders....that way...if its two flag coag you have:

"Alpha" Defense
"Bravo" Offense

If its one flag you have a:

"Alpha" Teleporter
"Bravo" Hogs and Ghosts

Then call out things like:

"Bravo team, hogs Left!" or "Alpha team fallback and regroup"

Trust me, this would be most ill.....but I would have to be Alpha/Wheelman/Offense.....it's just my best trait.[/quote]

I agree with this even though it sounds kinda nerdy. All too often I find myself thinking about telling a group of people something to do and then decide not to b/c I don't know who to tell and decide they won't listen.

[quote name='jughead'][quote name='Mookyjooky']I've talked about an Alpha and Bravo team a few times online....doesnt seem to plan well.

I personally think it would be awesome.

You make everyone on "Alpha" change to red avatar with numbers 1,2,3,4

And everyone on "Bravo" to blue avatar with 5,6,7,8.

(You can change the avatar back after....just write down your info)

Make two team leaders....that way...if its two flag coag you have:

"Alpha" Defense
"Bravo" Offense

If its one flag you have a:

"Alpha" Teleporter
"Bravo" Hogs and Ghosts

Then call out things like:

"Bravo team, hogs Left!" or "Alpha team fallback and regroup"

Trust me, this would be most ill.....but I would have to be Alpha/Wheelman/Offense.....it's just my best trait.[/quote]

I agree with this even though it sounds kinda nerdy. All too often I find myself thinking about telling a group of people something to do and then decide not to b/c I don't know who to tell and decide they won't listen.[/quote]

I definitely think this would work. If it proves to be effective on the battlefield, we could also call out designed offensive/defensive tactics. This would probably require another level of geekness, but it may be something to keep in mind.

Anyways like the alpha bravo idea. It could prevent Charlie Foxtrots on the battlefield.

[quote name='buster90']I would like to join....thing is I am a noobie and I suck hard but hay I am getting better.[/quote]

You dont have to be the best FPS shooter to join (trust me on this - I suck). Just post your XBL username and Rocksolid will send you an invite - If there is still room.

The clan is a good group with different skill levels. Everyone is looking to have fun, which is why I like it.

[quote name='murcielago77']ok, ill see you guys on "tonight". Good games tonight, played with a variety of people even caught up with sticky waffles/sj41, dafoomie, and the newest member of the clan, craven fiend[/quote]Yes, and dafoomie had some kind words for JimmieMac. :rofl:

Ah, who cares if its geeky......it's a proven method and its kinda fun.

At the beginning of the games, we elect two team captains and those two pick their team one by one like playing basketball as kids....that way the better players are evenly dispersed....then at the beginning of each match the Alpha decides which way to go and the bravo does the other.

If someone could make a list of the game types and maps, then we could make a A and B routes for each and then the team captains can just go those proven ways and we could be more effective.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='murcielago77']ok, ill see you guys on "tonight". Good games tonight, played with a variety of people even caught up with sticky waffles/sj41, dafoomie, and the newest member of the clan, craven fiend[/quote]Yes, and dafoomie had some kind words for JimmieMac. :rofl:[/quote]

I bet that was good. Sucks that I missed it. :x

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Ah, who cares if its geeky......it's a proven method and its kinda fun.

At the beginning of the games, we elect two team captains and those two pick their team one by one like playing basketball as kids....that way the better players are evenly dispersed....then at the beginning of each match the Alpha decides which way to go and the bravo does the other.

If someone could make a list of the game types and maps, then we could make a A and B routes for each and then the team captains can just go those proven ways and we could be more effective.[/quote]

Believe me. It will never work. Maybe if we were a hardcore clan, but we are full of casual players. They won't remember routes let alone their call numbers or team name.

I gotta side with Z on this one. We are lightyears away from that level of communication.

And while the numbers idea is interesting, it would just make things that much more confusing. I'd rather not re-learn everyone's symbol. I don't wanna be out on the field, hear another player say they need help, and then wonder, "Is zewone the 3 now?" When I know good and well that he's the pill.

Also, I love the idea of arranging objective practices. But am I the only one who disagrees with the "Pick a player" thing? I think we do a fine enough job of making sure that the teams are balanced. Doing this will just turn practice into a popularity contest. You don't get better from playing against even teams anyways. You get better by playing against people or teams that outclass you. Occasionally you'll feel like you didn't do very well compared to them, but that's expected. That's what gets your mind thinking about what those other players do to be so good.

[quote name='Ledhed']You get better by playing against people or teams that outclass you. Occasionally you'll feel like you didn't do very well compared to them, but that's expected. That's what gets your mind thinking about what those other players do to be so good.[/quote]

That's the way I look at it too. Believe me, I get my ass kicked every time I play, so I would know. :lol:

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Mookyjooky']Ah, who cares if its geeky......it's a proven method and its kinda fun.

If someone could make a list of the game types and maps, then we could make a A and B routes for each and then the team captains can just go those proven ways and we could be more effective.[/quote]

Believe me. It will never work. Maybe if we were a hardcore clan, but we are full of casual players. They won't remember routes let alone their call numbers or team name.[/quote]

i think zewone has a good point - it would only be effective with all the more hardcore players, and they're rarely on together. if you wanna streamline it a bit somehow so that everyone can use the system without having to know exactly what's going on i think it would be easier to incorporate. another idea is changing our symbols to reflect what we're best at - we'd choose designated signs for offense, defense, sniping, vehicles, and maybe a couple others. maybe even a second background symbol for your second best skill. that way you immediately know what to expect of someone nearby you - will they go back on defense? will they grab the sniper rifle? anyhow, just throwing another idea into the mix.

[quote name='Ledhed']I gotta side with Z on this one. We are lightyears away from that level of communication.

And while the numbers idea is interesting, it would just make things that much more confusing. I'd rather not re-learn everyone's symbol. I don't wanna be out on the field, hear another player say they need help, and then wonder, "Is zewone the 3 now?" When I know good and well that he's the pill.

Also, I love the idea of arranging objective practices. But am I the only one who disagrees with the "Pick a player" thing? I think we do a fine enough job of making sure that the teams are balanced. Doing this will just turn practice into a popularity contest. You don't get better from playing against even teams anyways. You get better by playing against people or teams that outclass you. Occasionally you'll feel like you didn't do very well compared to them, but that's expected. That's what gets your mind thinking about what those other players do to be so good.[/quote]

I have to agree with zewone and Ledhed, since I've seen (and been party to) communication breakdowns while out and about in playing games. If we did practice every day, that might be a different thing.

I have enough problem remembering which symbol is which without people changing them, so it would be even more difficult if they kept swapping back and forth.

It does make more sense to me to try and get as many people to play with as many other players as possible, so we all learn each other's strengths/weaknesses/quirks, and picking might be a bit counter-productive. I'd rather have my backside handed to me, think about how they did, and use it against them.

"To know your enemy is to know yourself." Rings a bit true, in my mind, with our play.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']i think zewone has a good point - it would only be effective with all the more hardcore players, and they're rarely on together. if you wanna streamline it a bit somehow so that everyone can use the system without having to know exactly what's going on i think it would be easier to incorporate. another idea is changing our symbols to reflect what we're best at - we'd choose designated signs for offense, defense, sniping, vehicles, and maybe a couple others. maybe even a second background symbol for your second best skill. that way you immediately know what to expect of someone nearby you - will they go back on defense? will they grab the sniper rifle? anyhow, just throwing another idea into the mix.[/quote]

As long as we can all agree on what the symbols are, it might be a good idea to try and practice, at least. Maybe not for tonight, though maybe for Thursday or next week?

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='murcielago77']ok, ill see you guys on "tonight". Good games tonight, played with a variety of people even caught up with sticky waffles/sj41, dafoomie, and the newest member of the clan, craven fiend[/quote]Yes, and dafoomie had some kind words for JimmieMac. :rofl:[/quote]

I bet that was good. Sucks that I missed it. :x[/quote]

The best thing is that he kicked Dafoomie even though he wasn't the one who joined to make the room 9 instead of 8. And I believe the #9 guy dropped out of the game like 2 minutes into it so we had to play short handed the whole game. Anybody who has played witrh Dafoomie knows that he is a good guy to have on your team he is very good with objective maps and is almost as good as Zewone at pulling a flag

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='murcielago77']ok, ill see you guys on "tonight". Good games tonight, played with a variety of people even caught up with sticky waffles/sj41, dafoomie, and the newest member of the clan, craven fiend[/quote]Yes, and dafoomie had some kind words for JimmieMac. :rofl:[/quote]

I bet that was good. Sucks that I missed it. :x[/quote]

The best thing is that he kicked Dafoomie even though he wasn't the one who joined to make the room 9 instead of 8. And I believe the #9 guy dropped out of the game like 2 minutes into it so we had to play short handed the whole game. Anybody who has played witrh Dafoomie knows that he is a good guy to have on your team he is very good with objective maps and is almost as good as Zewone at pulling a flag[/quote]

But the other guy was Zewone....and no one knew he was gonna have connection issues. Most people would pick Zewone over someone who plays once every 2 weeks.

No in this case it wasn't Zewone. I think you are getting this mixed up with the sticky waffles incident. The dafoomie incident was last night and I didn't see Zew on all night

[quote name='jlarlee']No in this case it wasn't Zewone. I think you are getting this mixed up with the sticky waffles incident. The dafoomie incident was last night and I didn't see Zew on all night[/quote]

Oh yea...I am....Zewone dropped out as well during that incident...

sorry ;-)

[quote name='jlarlee']No in this case it wasn't Zewone. I think you are getting this mixed up with the sticky waffles incident. The dafoomie incident was last night and I didn't see Zew on all night[/quote]The Sticky Waffles incident. :rofl:

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='jlarlee']No in this case it wasn't Zewone. I think you are getting this mixed up with the sticky waffles incident. The dafoomie incident was last night and I didn't see Zew on all night[/quote]The Sticky Waffles incident. :rofl:[/quote]

:whistle2:$ Every incident with you is sticky :) ....

Hi i am a level 12 team skirmish, 10 team slayer, 8 rumble pit, 9 head to head, and 8 btb. Can i join the clan? how do i go about joining?

[quote name='LoganDX'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='jlarlee']No in this case it wasn't Zewone. I think you are getting this mixed up with the sticky waffles incident. The dafoomie incident was last night and I didn't see Zew on all night[/quote]The Sticky Waffles incident. :rofl:[/quote]

:whistle2:$ Every incident with you is sticky :) ....[/quote]

The innuendo never stops! :lol:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='LoganDX'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='jlarlee']No in this case it wasn't Zewone. I think you are getting this mixed up with the sticky waffles incident. The dafoomie incident was last night and I didn't see Zew on all night[/quote]The Sticky Waffles incident. :rofl:[/quote]

:whistle2:$ Every incident with you is sticky :) ....[/quote]

The innuendo never stops! :lol:[/quote]

Careful with tossing innuendo around here, he-who-teases-about-updates-and-takes-too-long-for-them. :rofl:

It's Tuesday night so listen to Barbie
0307100871.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'll be there whenever I get home around 11 eastern...I hope there's a spot for me whenever I come a little late, I reserved it early. If not...I call dibs on the #7!

Two more strategy guides up at TalkXbox:
Classic CTF Coagulation: http://www.talkxbox.com/editorial50.html
Lockout Three Points: http://www.talkxbox.com/editorial52.html

[quote name='rywateska']It's Tuesday night so listen to Barbie
0307100871.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'll be there whenever I get home around 11 eastern...I hope there's a spot for me whenever I come a little late, I reserved it early. If not...I call dibs on #7![/quote]

thats only 30 minutes late, we should have a spot, but im not promising anything

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']Hi i am a level 12 team skirmish, 10 team slayer, 8 rumble pit, 9 head to head, and 8 btb. Can i join the clan? how do i go about joining?[/quote]

i sent you an invite. just sign on and accept it and you're in.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='jlarlee']No in this case it wasn't Zewone. I think you are getting this mixed up with the sticky waffles incident. The dafoomie incident was last night and I didn't see Zew on all night[/quote]

Oh yea...I am....Zewone dropped out as well during that incident...

sorry ;-)[/quote]

I didn't play at all last night so it couldn't have been me.

i will only be available for clan practice this week, since i am off of work and work 3rds. but that should all change in a few weeks to a month when i get laid off. sorry if this is an inconvience.

Hey, I'm going over to my friends house soon, and he has Halo 2 and XBL. Who's going to be playing tonight? I'd love to play with some of you guys. Post your GT if your playing tonight.

I'm going on in a few minutes if anyone wants to join me.

Mr. Anderson: my gamertag is greendj27. I will be on for awhile tonight.

Thursday ill be on.Friday Sat and Sund are questionable as theres a big swell coming into Cali and if the rain clears up ill be @ the beach :)

Great games tonite guys (even the Burial Mounds match that simply wouldn't end).

Oh yeah, a quick personal message to rock:

(Rocksolidaudio + Banshee) X (Ledhed + Sniper Rifle) = -1 Rocksolidaudio :wink: :lol:

Hey guys, sorry I got out early tonight. Wasn't really in the mood to play. Probably tomorrow though. Led, sorry I'm not more talkative in games. I don't talk very much when I need to hit that stupid white button.

[quote name='Trakan']Hey guys, sorry I got out early tonight. Wasn't really in the mood to play. Probably tomorrow though. Led, sorry I'm not more talkative in games. I don't talk very much when I need to hit that stupid white button.[/quote]

No prob there man. I'm often the same way, in that I don't want to really talk.

I really wish there was an option to make the default voice chat your team channel. If people can hear you in proximity anyways, why force people to use the white button? That way, your team definitely hears you. And if any enemies are nearby, they'll hear you anyways because of proximity voice. So why force people to press a button for team chat when it doesn't make a difference in regards to proximity?

/2 cents

Lemme just say sorry if my "failed to load map" errors stopped the games from starting! If I had a mic (which I'm getting soon), you'd hear my Xbox REALLY gettin it....I get it sometimes, but not like EVERYGAME, which seemed to be the case tonite. Not being able to talk was also annoying, but I can fix that soon.

Also, I set the voice output to "speakers" (so at least I could hear what teammates said), but the only time i ever heard voices was when i JUST entered the pregame lobby. I'd hear voices for a split second, then they'd stop. Is there a way to fix that, or is that just some weird glitch that'll stay that way? Anyway, hope things are better when i get the Xbox communicator! Good games btw!

[quote name='Ledhed']Oh yeah, a quick personal message to rock:

(Rocksolidaudio + Banshee) X (Ledhed + Sniper Rifle) = -1 Rocksolidaudio :wink: :lol:[/quote] :rofl: I feel sorry for you, rock. :wink:

I talk alot during games. I just press up on the D pad to talk and it's really no problem.

I use a duke so I guess it might be different for people that use the S. I'm just so use to the duke that it's tough for me to switch over to the S. I feel powerfull when I have the Duke. It's just so big and sturdy and heavy, and the controller S feels so cheaply made and light. I love my Duke! :)

Pretty good games all around.

You forgot one equation as well, Ledhed:

(Shrike + Ghost) / (guys on other side) = lots of messy corpses on the ground

As well as:

(Shrike + flag) x (hell freezing over) = Shrike scoring a flag capture point

The last CTF game I was in proved that Soulja on the stick of the 'Hog and me on the gunner actually works out, if you can believe that. :lol:

Now, if I could just figure out how to cut down that damn popping sound from the Logitech wireless mike, I'd really be sitting pretty.

[quote name='Ledhed']Great games tonite guys (even the Burial Mounds match that simply wouldn't end).

Oh yeah, a quick personal message to rock:

(Rocksolidaudio + Banshee) X (Ledhed + Sniper Rifle) = -1 Rocksolidaudio :wink: :lol:[/quote]

i think i need to explain this complete and utter PWNING more thoroughly for the enjoyment of others and subsequent ridicule of myself and praise of led's skills. it was the beginning of a coag 1ctf match, and i was trying to pull a zewone by flying over to their base via banshee and dropping from three hundred feet above into their flag room. all was going well (i think my teammates were even readying the warthog as fast as possible for my escape), the cool wind was whipping past my visor, and just as i was about to clear the roof entrance hole a shot rang out and my body fell lifeless the rest of the way. tragic, yet brilliant. apparently he had sniped me from somewhere behind the base whilst i was falling full-speed. arguably the best kill i've ever been a part of. :shock:

my personal highlight of the night involved sticking a flag-carrying murc on the zanzibar beach stairs with an impossibly accurate plasma grenade throw that weaved between his escorts and nailed him on the back from a good fifty feet away. they still won the match, and likely no one saw it, but i assure you it was sweet.

great games tonight guys.

[quote name='Trakan']Hey guys, sorry I got out early tonight. Wasn't really in the mood to play. Probably tomorrow though. Led, sorry I'm not more talkative in games. I don't talk very much when I need to hit that stupid white button.[/quote]

When you press the white button your team can hear you no matter where they are.

It was a good game today. I just stayed in the custom games mostly. It seems that the games that involve 16 clan members are always close. It's good to see that the clan is able to keep things interesting when we play against ourselfs.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']
my personal highlight of the night involved sticking a flag-carrying murc on the zanzibar beach stairs with an impossibly accurate plasma grenade throw that weaved between his escorts and nailed him on the back from a good fifty feet away. they still won the match, and likely no one saw it, but i assure you it was sweet.

great games tonight guys.[/quote]

So thats how i died with nobody but teammates behind me

[quote name='KingDox'][quote name='Trakan']Hey guys, sorry I got out early tonight. Wasn't really in the mood to play. Probably tomorrow though. Led, sorry I'm not more talkative in games. I don't talk very much when I need to hit that stupid white button.[/quote]

When you press the white button your team can hear you no matter where they are. [/quote]

I know... Led was on the other team and said "What's up?" I hate hitting the white button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back