OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='greendj27']Mist03 was talking a lot of shit to murc, intentionally trying to piss him off.[/quote]

Thanks. I will avoid playing with him.

oh yea, for the CAG practices, do most of the staff play a lot on weekends too? because that's usually when i play the most...i'll usually play on tues and thurs for an hour or so just to be there...but i need to go to bed early on those days...friday night - sunday night are good tho...so if any staff members/elite players are there on the weekends or friday nights, could any of you help me out? especially in the skirmish type games...i think i can do fine in the slayer type games...maybe need a few advanced tips or something...but overall i'm decent...but the objective type games are where i need help at...

lol, zewone sent me an invite once, probably thinking that my skirmish level was somewhat high seeing as the shown level for me was 9, but that was actually for team slayer...when i got in his room, i thought we were playing team slayer, but him and crymson were playin skirmish and i was like "uhh...i'm only level 3, i'll just leave you guys to play, heh..." lol, they were like level 10-13 on skirmish :oops:

my GT is ChrisPydonut

thanks

[quote name='greendj27']Mist03 was talking a lot of shit to murc, intentionally trying to piss him off.[/quote]

yea green actually knows more than i do, I mean he was on his team at the time

Check out my Banner I made....I colored Master Chief in PS to make him look like me....look closely and you can see my avatar on my shoulder.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Check out my Banner I made....I colored Master Chief in PS to make him look like me....look closely and you can see my avatar on my shoulder.[/quote]

Not bad at all. :wink:

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Check out my Banner I made....I colored Master Chief in PS to make him look like me....look closely and you can see my avatar on my shoulder.[/quote]

that banner is sweet

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Oya...sorry....I did get it from you as well...just MURC first. Thanks to both of you![/quote]

Oh, okay. Well, as long as you got it.

What are the requirements to be in the clan? I want to be in CAG clan I have tried several times but nobody will send me in invite.

So because I am not a level 15 user I can't be in this clan???

wassappppppp just got back from new orleans a few hours ago (just crashed and woke up). looking forward to some good halo2'ing soon wit my fellow CAGs

[quote name='buster90']What are the requirements to be in the clan? I want to be in CAG clan I have tried several times but nobody will send me in invite.

So because I am not a level 15 user I can't be in this clan???[/quote]
Post your gamertag.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='buster90']What are the requirements to be in the clan? I want to be in CAG clan I have tried several times but nobody will send me in invite.

So because I am not a level 15 user I can't be in this clan???[/quote]
Post your gamertag.[/quote]

yea, we arent psychic, or at least not all of us, so we kinda need a way to send you an invite.

Since this threads about to be gone...

All these CAG clan leaders talked about splitting rooms up to make things fair...then tonight after a shitty gametype everyone leaves into an invite only game leaving only but a few out. I hate to be the one to bitch...but why the hell didn't you just tell me to end the game if you people got sick of it? We could've broken off into the equal teams that were talked about and everyone could've still played fun games. Also, if your going to load up a matchmaking game at least make the room open so that people can get in, I was stuck trying to port over the ten people from mine, to figure things out and make fair rooms, and can't cause the party is closed. I sent messages to nearly everyone who was in the invite only room and no one replied. At least drop me a line on what's up instead of leaving us sitting there waiting to find out what's going to happen from the damn clan member screen. I just don't understand how we can have staff and the damn overlord in a single room and go back on everything that has been talked about on this thread about making shit even out for everyone. That's bullshit that such "higher ups" don't lead in game with all the preaching done on these boards...

[quote name='rywateska']Since this threads about to be gone...

All these CAG clan leaders talked about splitting rooms up to make things fair...then tonight after a shitty gametype everyone leaves into an invite only game leaving only but a few out. I hate to be the one to bitch...but why the hell didn't you just tell me to end the game if you people got sick of it? We could've broken off into the equal teams that were talked about and everyone could've still played fun games. Also, if your going to load up a matchmaking game at least make the room open so that people can get in, I was stuck trying to port over the ten people from mine, to figure things out and make fair rooms, and can't cause the party is closed. I sent messages to nearly everyone who was in the invite only room and no one replied. At least drop me a line on what's up instead of leaving us sitting there waiting to find out what's going to happen from the damn clan member screen. I just don't understand how we can have staff and the damn overlord in a single room and go back on everything that has been talked about on this thread about making shit even out for everyone. That's bullshit that such "higher ups" don't lead in game with all the preaching done on these boards...[/quote]

tonight was a bit different because it wasn't practice, so things were a bit more casual. also, i didn't quit your party, i lagged out. after resetting my modem i ended up with that group, figuring you would have a good amount of people in your group to do matchmaking with - if you need a staff member in your group to help lead things, just holla. it really was just coincidence that myself, zewone and murc ended up together. you guys seemed to want to play more relaxed, chaotic games anyhow, so organizing a serious custom game didn't seem like the easiest thing to suggest. sorry if it seemed hypocritical, but it really wasn't. trust me, if i thought we could have easily gotten a couple bigger good custom games going i would have spoken up - i much prefer playing those over big team battle.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']trust me, if i thought we could have easily gotten a couple bigger good custom games going i would have spoken up - i much prefer playing those over big team battle.[/quote]

You said something there. I could easily live the rest of my life without playing another BTB.

Rock, sorry to say, but that excuse dosen't hold up. Ask anyone who you were playing with...yourself as well. I did message the overlord and every staff, and most others asking what was going on and if we could organize things. I might've send two to some people after the first one, which was sent a few minutes prior to matchmaking when the group was still in the pregame lobby, where the second message was basically me being pissed off. Instead of everyone jumping ship, how about you ask us first if we would like to do more serious games? I'm sure that would've worked out better instead of just assuming what the other 15 clan members thought. When you say organizing...there was none. I tried to do it, but no one answered my messages...in fact, what happened was the opposite of organizing. I don't mean to be a dick about it all and I've never complained before...but after all that's been said on this thread I thought things we're going diffrently.

[quote name='rywateska']Since this threads about to be gone...

All these CAG clan leaders talked about splitting rooms up to make things fair...then tonight after a shitty gametype everyone leaves into an invite only game leaving only but a few out. I hate to be the one to bitch...but why the hell didn't you just tell me to end the game if you people got sick of it? We could've broken off into the equal teams that were talked about and everyone could've still played fun games. Also, if your going to load up a matchmaking game at least make the room open so that people can get in, I was stuck trying to port over the ten people from mine, to figure things out and make fair rooms, and can't cause the party is closed. I sent messages to nearly everyone who was in the invite only room and no one replied. At least drop me a line on what's up instead of leaving us sitting there waiting to find out what's going to happen from the damn clan member screen. I just don't understand how we can have staff and the damn overlord in a single room and go back on everything that has been talked about on this thread about making shit even out for everyone. That's bullshit that such "higher ups" don't lead in game with all the preaching done on these boards...[/quote]

I have to agree with Ryan on this one. We were in the middle of what seemed to be a good game, and one that was moving along nicely, and suddenly, there's a burst of lag, and then just about all of the Red team and half of the Blue team were gone in a second. With that group that left were rocksolid, JimmieMac, zewone, murc, NarnianCrusader, Pimpinc333, then CheapyD was right on the heels of everyone else who left. No warning, no saying "Hey, can we end this game and do something else with ranked game", just gone out of the game in the middle. Poof, in a cloud of smoke.

Made me wonder why we started the game in the first place, if a bunch of us were going to drop out mid-game without a word. With all the bitching we all do about people leaving mid-game, why should we do it ourselves?

If people wanted to go do ranked games, why not just use some common courtesty and just say so? Why not wait until the game ended to go off and do it? What purpose does scooting the middle of the game do?

I wouldn't have any issue with people doing ranked games if they just wanted to wait until the end. Doesn't look good as a clan member to see most of our staff sequester themselves in a room and do what they said they didn't want to do during practice. And yes, I know it wasn't a practice night, why not just wait until it's over?

Same thing here I was playing a BTB 4 of my 7 members dropped out. Score before the dropout was 2-1 ended at 2-3.

My stats are getting worse and worse. :(

as i said, i lagged out. i can't vouch for everyone else. and the only message i got from you ryan was the one where you were pissed, probably because my connection is still shitty.

anyone, on a positive note, and hopefully to stop arguing before it happens, i'm announcing a NEW CLAN SCHEDULE led and i (sorry z, couldn't get ahold of you, i assume you're cool with it) just worked out:

TUESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL PLAY LARGE CUSTOM GAMES WITH WHOMEVER SHOWS UP, SPLITTING THE ROOMS UP WHEN THEY GET FULL. STAFF MEMBERS WILL LEAD, AND WE WILL PERIODICALLY HAVE NEWBIE TOURS ON THE SIDE.

WEDNESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL BREAK INTO GROUPS OF EIGHT OR FOUR AND PLAY MATCHMADE GAMES (TEAM SLAYER AND BTB). EACH GROUP WILL BE LEAD BY A STAFF MEMBER.

THURSDAYS: 9:30 P.M. CENTRAL - THE 'ELITE' CLAN MEMBERS (WHOM LEDHED, ZEWONE AND MYSELF DEEM APPROPRIATE) WILL PLAY CLAN MATCHES. THE REST OF THE CLAN IS ENCOURAGED TO PLAY TOGETHER IN CUSTOM OR MATCHMADE GAMES.

this way, you can have fun and learn on tuesdays, prove yourself on wednesdays (and improve your ranking), and graduate to thursdays eventually. this will start next week, by the way. any questions?

I have to agree that it was kinda rude to leave in the middle of the game. I don't really consider myself that great of a player, but it seems like most of the staff don't really feel like training or playing with some of the not quite as good guys to get better, even on practice nite. I dunno, just an observation. Please flame as needed. :D

AKA Soul Vengeance

Also, in regards to the Wednesday games:

How many staff we have will determine how many rooms can be made. It will be one staff member for the smaller groups (Team Slayer and Team Skirmish), and two if possible for Big Team Battle, as there would be twice as many players. As always, these rooms will be first come, first serve; we'll do ou best to mix it up and try to get everyone in, but it will require patience on everyone's (including staff's) part.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Just ask shrike. :wink:

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='rywateska']Since this threads about to be gone...

I have to agree with Ryan on this one. We were in the middle of what seemed to be a good game, and one that was moving along nicely, and suddenly, there's a burst of lag, and then just about all of the Red team and half of the Blue team were gone in a second. With that group that left were rocksolid, JimmieMac, zewone, murc, NarnianCrusader, Pimpinc333, then CheapyD was right on the heels of everyone else who left. No warning, no saying "Hey, can we end this game and do something else with ranked game", just gone out of the game in the middle. Poof, in a cloud of smoke.

Made me wonder why we started the game in the first place, if a bunch of us were going to drop out mid-game without a word. With all the bitching we all do about people leaving mid-game, why should we do it ourselves?

If people wanted to go do ranked games, why not just use some common courtesty and just say so? Why not wait until the game ended to go off and do it? What purpose does scooting the middle of the game do?

I wouldn't have any issue with people doing ranked games if they just wanted to wait until the end. Doesn't look good as a clan member to see most of our staff sequester themselves in a room and do what they said they didn't want to do during practice. And yes, I know it wasn't a practice night, why not just wait until it's over?[/quote]

although i don't have near as much to say as they do, i completely agree with them on this. its pretty bad when everyone bails on the so called "JV" team and leaves us hanging. ryan is atleast stuck it out with us and hung around. again i know this wasn't a practice night, but does it have to be a practice night for people to be courteous? albeit most of use were invited, but that was in the middle of our game, and we didn't want to jump shit right in the middle.

i know its just a game and all, but aren't we supposed to be a group on the game? isn't that what a clan is about, teamwork and respect? where was it at tonight?

Edit: And on a positive note, I'd like to thank pimp for showing me a few pointers tonight and actually not giving me shit for not being a great player.

[quote name='Ledhed']Also, rock and I realize that the current times for practice aren't practical for everyone. For the sake of continuity, the times will stay the same for now; but we welcome any suggestions or ideas for a more balanced timeframe. We know no one schedule will work for everyone, but we would like to find the best possible solution.[/quote]

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']TUESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL PLAY LARGE CUSTOM GAMES WITH WHOMEVER SHOWS UP, SPLITTING THE ROOMS UP WHEN THEY GET FULL. STAFF MEMBERS WILL LEAD, AND WE WILL PERIODICALLY HAVE NEWBIE TOURS ON THE SIDE.

WEDNESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL BREAK INTO GROUPS OF EIGHT OR FOUR AND PLAY MATCHMADE GAMES (TEAM SLAYER AND BTB). EACH GROUP WILL BE LEAD BY A STAFF MEMBER.

THURSDAYS: 9:30 P.M. CENTRAL - THE 'ELITE' CLAN MEMBERS (WHOM LEDHED, ZEWONE AND MYSELF DEEM APPROPRIATE) WILL PLAY CLAN MATCHES. THE REST OF THE CLAN IS ENCOURAGED TO PLAY TOGETHER IN CUSTOM OR MATCHMADE GAMES.[/quote]

Those are the same times as before?

[quote name='shrike4242']Those are the same times as before?[/quote]

I'm an idiot. I meant that, tomorrow being Thursday, will still be a normal practice and next week will begin the new schedule. :dunce:

Go by the times you see in rock's post.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Ledhed']Also, rock and I realize that the current times for practice aren't practical for everyone. For the sake of continuity, the times will stay the same for now; but we welcome any suggestions or ideas for a more balanced timeframe. We know no one schedule will work for everyone, but we would like to find the best possible solution.[/quote]

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']TUESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL PLAY LARGE CUSTOM GAMES WITH WHOMEVER SHOWS UP, SPLITTING THE ROOMS UP WHEN THEY GET FULL. STAFF MEMBERS WILL LEAD, AND WE WILL PERIODICALLY HAVE NEWBIE TOURS ON THE SIDE.

THURSDAYS: 9:30 P.M. CENTRAL - THE 'ELITE' CLAN MEMBERS (WHOM LEDHED, ZEWONE AND MYSELF DEEM APPROPRIATE) WILL PLAY CLAN MATCHES. THE REST OF THE CLAN IS ENCOURAGED TO PLAY TOGETHER IN CUSTOM OR MATCHMADE GAMES.[/quote]

Those are the same times as before?[/quote]

Different time on Tuesday if I am remembering correctly. I think it used to be 9:30 Central Time.

[quote name='Trakan']Different time on Tuesday if I am remembering correctly. I think it used to be 9:30 Central Time.[/quote]

Yes, that's right. Some had complained about the 9:30 time, so hopefully this will alleviate that.

But tomorrow (today?) will be a normal 9:30 PM CST clan practice. Tuesday of next week will start the new schedule.

[quote name='craven_fiend']trakan where were you tonight?[/quote]

Not on. Had some stuff to work out.

Last Page!

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='shrike4242']Those are the same times as before?[/quote]

I'm an idiot. I meant that, tomorrow being Thursday, will still be a normal practice and next week will begin the new schedule. :dunce:

Go by the times you see in rock's post.[/quote]

You're not an idiot, just making us read into your posts and practice our telepathy. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']You're not an idiot, just making us read into your posts and practice our telepathy. :D[/quote]

I gotta keep you cats on your toes. :wink:

See you guys tomorrow, in the 4th friggin' thread. We're as bad as the OTT folk. :lol:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='craven_fiend']trakan where were you tonight?[/quote]

Not on. Had some stuff to work out.

Last Page![/quote]

no there is nothing more important than Halo 2. its all powerful all knowing and in complete control of the world. ikik

its all good. on a side note, it looks like i may be able to make practice tomorrow night after all. starting to look like i may not have to work again tomorrow night. what a way to start a layoff.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='shrike4242']You're not an idiot, just making us read into your posts and practice our telepathy. :D[/quote]

See you guys tomorrow, in the 4th friggin' thread. We're as bad as the OTT folk. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, but do the OTT folk shoot at one another? :D

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='shrike4242']You're not an idiot, just making us read into your posts and practice our telepathy. :D[/quote]

See you guys tomorrow, in the 4th friggin' thread. We're as bad as the OTT folk. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, but do the OTT folk shoot at one another? :D[/quote]

well yes they do, since trakan and ledhed are regulars there. and i my self am a seudo OTT. there you have it a connection

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']http://www.jukesbox.com/

everyone should watch all of those. knowing what you're capable of can be very helpful.[/quote]

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']NEW CLAN PRACTICE SCHEDULE:

TUESDAYS: 8:30 P.M. CENTRAL - EVERYONE IN THE CLAN IS WELCOME. WE WILL PLAY LARGE CUSTOM GAMES WITH WHOMEVER SHOWS UP, SPLITTING THE ROOMS UP WHEN THEY GET FULL. STAFF MEMBERS WILL LEAD, AND WE WILL PERIODICALLY HAVE NEWBIE TOURS ON THE SIDE.

THURSDAYS: 9:30 P.M. CENTRAL - THE 'ELITE' CLAN MEMBERS (WHOM LEDHED, ZEWONE AND MYSELF DEEM APPROPRIATE) WILL PLAY CLAN MATCHES. THE REST OF THE CLAN IS ENCOURAGED TO PLAY TOGETHER IN CUSTOM OR MATCHMADE GAMES.

this way, you can have fun and learn on tuesdays, prove yourself on wednesdays (and improve your ranking), and graduate to thursdays eventually. this will start next week, by the way. any questions?[/quote]

i don't want either of those things to be missed. muy importante.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']http://www.jukesbox.com/

everyone should watch all of those. knowing what you're capable of can be very helpful.[/quote]

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']NEW CLAN PRACTICE SCHEDULE:

this way, you can have fun and learn on tuesdays, prove yourself on wednesdays (and improve your ranking), and graduate to thursdays eventually. this will start next week, by the way. any questions?[/quote]

i don't want either of those things to be missed. muy importante.[/quote]

I like the new schedule. I also wanted to say thanks to the staff for going out of their way to accomodate more people. I couldn't make it on tonight, so I didn't see the drama unfold, but I appreciate the fact that you guys are trying your best. Just wanted to put a more positive spin on things since it seemed like things were getting a bit tense in here.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']as i said, i lagged out. i can't vouch for everyone else. and the only message i got from you ryan was the one where you were pissed, probably because my connection is still shitty.

anyone, on a positive note, and hopefully to stop arguing before it happens, i'm announcing a NEW CLAN SCHEDULE led and i (sorry z, couldn't get ahold of you, i assume you're cool with it) just worked out:

In before the lock and to add that this is a change for better IMO everyone gets a chance to improve in skill rather just play around.

~~~~~~~~~~~

PS- My 2 month sub is about to run out and I'm thinking of changing my tag from Soulja874 to something else. I might keep the Soulja part but I wanna ditch the numbers. If anyone has any suggestions for a new name or thinks I should just keep my old one leave a message in the new thread or IM. Thanks

Finally, finally, FINALLY played tonight. I didn't get on the mic though because I was on the phone. Haha, it was awesome, I even heard a "Holy crap, it's Scorch!".. that was funny. Every time I get an invite, I try to join, and it says "You are unable to join this game because we are having network problems. Sorry about that." almost 99.9% of the time.. but it was good to finally get in and play a bit.

We kept trying to tell you to stop the game…..but after the 8th round of the same map….no one would end it…or tell you to end it. Believe me, me and jimmie mac were screaming for it to stop….So I left and sent invites to 7 people to start some Matchmade games. Talk about being rude all you want, but those games were getting as fun as watching your parents fu(k…..(not very)

I didn’t invite you, cause that was your game……figured you were happy playing it…..

Theres getting to be too many people in the clan to make everyone happy….and some people will get left out in the rain once in a while, it sucks….but it happens.

This is a great reason of why I’m happy I’m not Staff….I don’t have to kiss other players ass and walk on eggshells to make people happy for something I’m not even getting paid to do….Just because people are Staff, everyone thinks that they’re should be 3 in every game holding everyone’s hand…..making everyone happy with the joyous event of only their presence. (Not talking for Staff, but mearly a concept of what I see...again, not talking for Staff)

Staff, I am not jealous of you one bit….when I get online and play….I get to play….

There's a lot of bitching online, and when I say it here I get 14 trolls for every comment…..Staff messaging me tell me to “watch my mouth” and shit…..

Remember when I came up with the idea of the draft and 6 people said it was stupid in a row? Now we use it almost every game?

What about breaking the team internally into Elites and Non-Elites?? I caught hell for that one….BIG TIME……So why is everyone calling the 8-10 key players Elites now?? Like “Elites should play Frag Dolls” for example……There are no Elites people….Everyone thought it was stupid….. (And “JV team” is just as bad people, come on)

Well here’s another “you heard it here first”…... (New guys to the clan) People aren’t paid to be Staff…they’re guys just wanting to play Halo 2 too….JUST LIKE YOU.

(Staff) This clan wont last at this size….you’ll get tired of walking on eggshells every time you play and you’ll break the clan down to 16-20 people at most…..it will happen, give it time….feel free to get pissed off at me on here, cause when I go online you’ll be telling me how right I was…..and besides, why do these people have to be IN the clan? Why not just add them to your friends list? These people dont have to be IN the clan to play the 800 custom games we play. The "non-elites" arent even playing clan games....at all....why are they IN the clan? Can't they just be on my friends list?

I personally think I’ve brought a lot to the table in the way of HALO 2 stuff for CAG…..but I’m not going to listen to people talk shit about the clan, (but I’ll know not to stick up for the clan here, or else my own clan will go ballistic on me) or have people in the clan complain every time someone leaves their game…..this isn’t Middle School….this is just a game, that we play online, with a bunch of people we’ve never met….

Maybe its fun for some people to hear nothing but bitching online, but for me its not….and I’m not obligated to stay in any game. Ever.

In before the lock...thanks for the invites last night. I wanted to join, but i had a buddy over and we were doing a bunch of slayer training. He refuses to do BTB for some reason. As soon as he left, I got one BTB in and my 3 year old woke up wanting me to put her back to bed. I told her that we had talked about this before, "Halo is primary, and you are secondary...now go back to bed and close the door" j/k

anyways, i stuck it out until the end which was a loss in the last 10 seconds.

one thing i was thinking that could have made a difference in that game. when a sniper is picking out asses off like cold fatility was, we need to call out his location as best as possible. when he is spotted, someone should hunt him down. that guy had such a crap spot, but i couldn't find him until the end of his ass kicking streak. oh well my .02. next time my little girl get an extra dose of dimetapp before bedtime.

This is basically what I anticipated would happen eventually. I am glad that there are ground times being setup for future gameplay so as things are more well defined, but eventually I knew people's feelings would start being hurt when they were excluded. It does really suck that we can only have 8 people at the most for our Clan Matches. And that some people may not get the chance to clan battle with me, or Led, or Zew, or Arikado, or any of the other defined "Elite" at this moment. But I think this is the best time to start setting up some sort of ranking system, for those strictly interested in clan matching, to decide who gets to make "big show". The idea that would work for me would utilize a seperate site or thread or something where we could show basically a ranking system and people's performance on the ranking system would be acsertained by their performance in practice nights. That would be fair to those interested and those not. And once we get an idea of whom the better people are we can better plan the clan match and appropriately setup back-ups incase someone can't show. On top of this we would be able to setup numerous Major Clan Battles at once and spread out or team with other equal players. Just my two cents but if we want to be effective as a team and fair to the clan this is what I am feeling.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']We kept trying to tell you to stop the game…..but after the 8th round of the same map….no one would end it…or tell you to end it. Believe me, me and jimmie mac were screaming for it to stop….So I left and sent invites to 7 people to start some Matchmade games. Talk about being rude all you want, but those games were getting as fun as watching your parents fu(k…..(not very)

I didn’t invite you, cause that was your game……figured you were happy playing it…..

Theres getting to be too many people in the clan to make everyone happy….and some people will get left out in the rain once in a while, it sucks….but it happens.

This is a great reason of why I’m happy I’m not Staff….I don’t have to kiss other players ass and walk on eggshells to make people happy for something I’m not even getting paid to do….Just because people are Staff, everyone thinks that they’re should be 3 in every game holding everyone’s hand…..making everyone happy with the joyous event of only their presence. (Not talking for Staff, but mearly a concept of what I see...again, not talking for Staff)

Staff, I am not jealous of you one bit….when I get online and play….I get to play….

There's a lot of bitching online, and when I say it here I get 14 trolls for every comment…..Staff messaging me tell me to “watch my mouth” and shit…..

Remember when I came up with the idea of the draft and 6 people said it was stupid in a row? Now we use it almost every game?

What about breaking the team internally into Elites and Non-Elites?? I caught hell for that one….BIG TIME……So why is everyone calling the 8-10 key players Elites now?? Like “Elites should play Frag Dolls” for example……There are no Elites people….Everyone thought it was stupid….. (And “JV team” is just as bad people, come on)

Well here’s another “you heard it here first”…... (New guys to the clan) People aren’t paid to be Staff…they’re guys just wanting to play Halo 2 too….JUST LIKE YOU.

(Staff) This clan wont last at this size….you’ll get tired of walking on eggshells every time you play and you’ll break the clan down to 16-20 people at most…..it will happen, give it time….feel free to get pissed off at me on here, cause when I go online you’ll be telling me how right I was…..and besides, why do these people have to be IN the clan? Why not just add them to your friends list? These people dont have to be IN the clan to play the 800 custom games we play. The "non-elites" arent even playing clan games....at all....why are they IN the clan? Can't they just be on my friends list?

I personally think I’ve brought a lot to the table in the way of HALO 2 stuff for CAG…..but I’m not going to listen to people talk shit about the clan, (but I’ll know not to stick up for the clan here, or else my own clan will go ballistic on me) or have people in the clan complain every time someone leaves their game…..this isn’t Middle School….this is just a game, that we play online, with a bunch of people we’ve never met….

Maybe its fun for some people to hear nothing but bitching online, but for me its not….and I’m not obligated to stay in any game. Ever.[/quote]

Mooky you make some good points in there but you have a piss poor way of wording them with a little bit of tact you would probably get hassled less. I think why we have so many folks is that this is still a casual clan at heart and having the extra people hurts nothing at all. Maybe th eproblem is that we need more staff or maybe add a few more levels into the clan where we have like second and third level staff to go along with the main staff

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']But I think this is the best time to start setting up some sort of ranking system, for those strictly interested in clan matching, to decide who gets to make "big show".[/quote]
I'm happy just being elite fodder.
[quote name='ZeroSupporT']The idea that would work for me would utilize a seperate site or thread or something where we could show basically a ranking system and people's performance on the ranking system would be acsertained by their performance in practice nights.[/quote]
Sounds like an Excel Spreadsheet to me. I hardly go to the Bungie site, but I'll check it out tonight and see if what kind of data is provided. Maybe from this, I, we, or someone can put a system together. Anyone else have Excel skills?
[quote name='ZeroSupporT']That would be fair to those interested and those not.[/quote]
Fair yes, but it will take a lot of work to get this idea off the ground.

[quote name='jlarlee']Mooky you make some good points in there but you have a piss poor way of wording them with a little bit of tact you would probably get hassled less. I think why we have so many folks is that this is still a casual clan at heart and having the extra people hurts nothing at all. Maybe th eproblem is that we need more staff or maybe add a few more levels into the clan where we have like second and third level staff to go along with the main staff[/quote]

You know, you hit it right on the head....this IS a casual clan. Nothing more....

I havent played a clan match in over a month and I've been trying to get people in the clan up to speed to play with us...but the 50 people who play once a month online are a good reason why this clan is going no where. I really loved playing with you guys.....but I've out grown the clan.

When I get online, I want to coordinate and win....not train people who play once a week at best. The custom games are getting tiresome and I'll add Staff to my friends list and play with you guys one in a while....but I have no say what the clan does....and it seems like its getting further away from being an elite team of players to get online and dominate and more of an extention of peoples friends list.

I'll leave the clan tonight and starting up my own clan....It was great playing with you guys. Alot of you are awesome players, but I just need to play clan matches. I want to come online to play to win....

It's really hard for me to leave the clan (I really went overboard at times sticking up for it, and lost some of the respect of other clan members) , and I'm sure you'll do better in this topic without my Hothead comments...

Tonight will be my last night in the clan, and I dont want to be unfair and pursuade people to be in my clan to be "better" or anything....I just want to have a team willing to play as a complete unit.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Theres getting to be too many people in the clan to make everyone happy….and some people will get left out in the rain once in a while, it sucks….but it happens.[/quote]

This, unfortunately, is pretty true. I don't think we're too big, but our size does require patience on everyone's part. Part of having a clan this size is that not everyone will get to do everything, and no one person can be everywhere at every time.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']This is a great reason of why I’m happy I’m not Staff….I don’t have to kiss other players ass and walk on eggshells to make people happy for something I’m not even getting paid to do…[/quote]

I've never felt like I had to walk on eggshells or kiss ass since becoming staff. It requires a minimal amount of my time (time that I already spend playing Halo 2), so compensation isn't a concern either.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']There's a lot of bitching online, and when I say it here I get 14 trolls for every comment…..Staff messaging me tell me to “watch my mouth” and shit…..[/quote]

I sent you that message because, as jlarlee has already pointed out, you lack tact when you speak. You make alot of good points, but your wordings always sound like an insult or a challenge. They are invitations for shit to get blown out of proportion; do you think it's coincidence that the two major incidents of contention during these clan threads were a result of something you said?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Remember when I came up with the idea of the draft and 6 people said it was stupid in a row? Now we use it almost every game?[/quote]

If I recall correctly, there was alot of support for that idea. I'm pretty sure I was the only one against it at the time; I still don't think it's the best solution, but for now it works fine.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']What about breaking the team internally into Elites and Non-Elites?? I caught hell for that one….BIG TIME……So why is everyone calling the 8-10 key players Elites now?? Like “Elites should play Frag Dolls” for example……There are no Elites people….Everyone thought it was stupid….. (And “JV team” is just as bad people, come on)[/quote]

The "Elites" and "JV" terms weren't started by any staff players; they just somehow unofficially became part of the clan. When one person says, someone else will too; and before you know it, that's what it is.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Well here’s another “you heard it here first”…... (New guys to the clan) People aren’t paid to be Staff…they’re guys just wanting to play Halo 2 too….JUST LIKE YOU.[/quote]

I appreciate the sentiment, and I'm not being sarcastic.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'](Staff) This clan wont last at this size….you’ll get tired of walking on eggshells every time you play and you’ll break the clan down to 16-20 people at most…..it will happen, give it time….feel free to get pissed off at me on here, cause when I go online you’ll be telling me how right I was…..and besides, why do these people have to be IN the clan? Why not just add them to your friends list? These people dont have to be IN the clan to play the 800 custom games we play. The "non-elites" arent even playing clan games....at all....why are they IN the clan? Can't they just be on my friends list?[/quote]

Many of them are in my friend's list. And that's basically what the Clan list is; a big, communal friend's list. People can look at it and know that the people playing are fellow CAGs, which makes it that much easier to jump in and start playing with them. I always thought the idea, from the get-go, was that the clan would be part casual, part core. By that I mean, there will always be casual members to play custom games with and do regular matchmaking and such; but there would also be, naturally, "Clan" players who are willing to set asde some extra time in their schedule to play actual Clan games. So far, ithas been this way; and while I thought everyone would be able to flow with it, obviously it has created some tension. So rock, z and I are doing our best to figure out what will make the most people happy.

EDIT:[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'll leave the clan tonight and starting up my own clan....It was great playing with you guys.[/quote]

So be it, have fun. I wish you the best of luck with your new clan. It was good playing with you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back