OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay do you guys wanna know how we got our clan rank from 8 to 9 with the one match we needed when I said I'm getting back on? I'll tell you anyhow. Okay we were matched up against a ranked 11 clan on Neutral Bomb on Coag. They were kicking our ass because they seemed to have every vehicle. On one of there bomb pushes to our base we stopped them but they kept coming and were kicking our ass at our base. So me, JimmieMac and Ugamer sneak out through the teleport. I get the active camo and us 3 keep heading to there base. By this time we realize they still think the bomb is at our base so they tell me to go in to their base by myself since I was invisible. I walk in and notice one guy on the radar. Just as I was about to start arming it he jumps down to the bottom level where the banshee is. He notices I"m arming it and tells his clan and takes the lift back into the bombing room. Of course I notice this and punch him in the mouth so I was the only one in the room now and we score! Awesome. I may not be the best story teller but man it felt good to sneak in that score. We won the match 1-0.

[quote name='zewone']Okay do you guys wanna know how we got our clan rank from 8 to 9 with the one match we needed when I said I'm getting back on? I'll tell you anyhow. Okay we were matched up against a ranked 11 clan on Neutral Bomb on Coag. They were kicking our ass because they seemed to have every vehicle. On one of there bomb pushes to our base we stopped them but they kept coming and were kicking our ass at our base. So me, JimmieMac and Ugamer sneak out through the teleport. I get the active camo and us 3 keep heading to there base. By this time we realize they still think the bomb is at our base so they tell me to go in to their base by myself since I was invisible. I walk in and notice one guy on the radar. Just as I was about to start arming it he jumps down to the bottom level where the banshee is. He notices I"m arming it and tells his clan and takes the lift back into the bombing room. Of course I notice this and punch him in the mouth so I was the only one in the room now and we score! Awesome. I may not be the best story teller but man it felt good to sneak in that score. We won the match 1-0.[/quote]

The same thing happened to me and a few other clan members in team skirmish last night. Playing assault on midship, their whole team was in our base attacking and somehow azn_playa slipped the bomb out and three of us (Arikado, Azn_playa and I) went to the other base and scored while pimpinc(i think) was fighting all four in our base.

Something I just noticed. Another win or two and we will be ranked in the top 1000 clans in Major Clan Match.

[quote name='greendj27']Something I just noticed. Another win or two and we will be ranked in the top 1000 clans in Major Clan Match.[/quote]

time to fire up the coffee and no doze...there's :twoguns: to do

Well looks like one idiot ruined our chance at playing the Frag Dolls because hes an idiot who can't figure out how the deals work on this site.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='pimpinc333']I'll be on for about the whole night tonight. I dont have to work tomorrow so I definitly wanna play some ranked games with you guys. Also who is considered into the "Elite" CAGS.[/quote]

I am still trying to figure out how you amassed 33 medals in that one match[/quote]

Same way Arikado, Ryan W, and UGamerX. Sniping baby!!!

[quote name='zewone']Well looks like one idiot ruined our chance at playing the Frag Dolls because hes an idiot who can't figure out how the deals work on this site.[/quote]

Yea what a dick. I've personally saved alot of money from this site and just beause 1 dude can't figure this site out he tried to put down the CAG community. Thats a personal insult to us all IMO.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='studio (Wombat5277)']So... Cheapy tried to challenge the Frag Dolls.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=7561017452&m=2951030062&p=1

If I were smarter I'd write something intelligent to defend cheapy, personally I think we all should.[/quote]

could someone fill me in on what happened on the site? my work is blocking the page.[/quote]

Well cheapy made a nice introduction to the site and asked for a challenge. One guy says that the site is a scam and a hoax. Cheapy defends himself and everyone gives him shit including one of the frag dolls.

[quote name='Ledhed']

Wow, that one cat won't keep his mouth shut will he. Anyhoo, z and I just posted over there to let them know the score. Now, we wait.[/quote]

cool, nice work, and if they do accept I promise I won't play and ruin our chances of winning :D

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='studio (Wombat5277)']So... Cheapy tried to challenge the Frag Dolls.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=7561017452&m=2951030062&p=1

If I were smarter I'd write something intelligent to defend cheapy, personally I think we all should.[/quote]

could someone fill me in on what happened on the site? my work is blocking the page.[/quote]

Well cheapy made a nice introduction to the site and asked for a challenge. One guy says that the site is a scam and a hoax. Cheapy defends himself and everyone gives him shit including one of the frag dolls.[/quote]

scam? maybe they are referring to how many times this site requests your cc number /sarcasm...
...so they declined the challenge? seems like they would accept to put the evil scammers in their place.

[quote name='zewone']Cheapy defends himself and everyone gives him shit including one of the frag dolls.[/quote]

Are you sure that girl is one of the FD? I think she's just another user.

[quote name='CheapyD']Please do me the kindness of not ever visiting CAG again (I banned you, just because....I can).[/quote]

Nice, Cheapy, nice.

I can't believe they thought he was plugging the site. He was merely stating what clan/site he was from. Damnit, sometimes I hate people.

[quote name='greendj27']All the Frag Dolls have FD in their online names, so no, she isn't a member of their clan.[/quote]

I'm not even 100% its a she :shock:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='zewone']Cheapy defends himself and everyone gives him shit including one of the frag dolls.[/quote]

Are you sure that girl is one of the FD? I think she's just another user.[/quote]

Oh thank god. I was hoping it wasn't one of them or else I hate her too.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Damnit, sometimes I hate people.[/quote]

Sometimes people make it that much easier to hate them.[/quote]

Good point.

[quote name='Trakan']
I can't believe they thought he was plugging the site. He was merely stating what clan/site he was from. Damnit, sometimes I hate people.[/quote]

That forum is pretty dead, If I wanted to post somewhere to plug the site, that would not be first on my list. ;)

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Damnit, sometimes I hate people.[/quote]

I read over the whole thread and I don't think CheapyD did anything wrong. I'm thinking about posting, though I'm not sure I'd make much of a difference, with the low IQ crowd we were fighthing with.

Just because we have one bad apple who hasn't had good luck doesn't mean that he reflects the views of CAG. Far from it.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Damnit, sometimes I hate people.[/quote]

I read over the whole thread and I don't think CheapyD did anything wrong. I'm thinking about posting, though I'm not sure I'd make much of a difference, with the low IQ crowd we were fighthing with.

Just because we have one bad apple who hasn't had good luck doesn't mean that he reflects the views of CAG. Far from it.[/quote]

I thought about it too, but decided it wouldn't have really done much.

It looks like we will be having a hard time setting up a match with them. A bungie employee said it took weeks of negotiating just to set a match up.

[quote name='zewone']It looks like we will be having a hard time setting up a match with them. A bungie employee said it took weeks of negotiating just to set a match up.[/quote]

My guess is that the biggest hurdle is that "The Frag Dolls" are a marketing effort created and financially supported by Ubisoft. I'm sure if we wanted to challenge them in Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon, it would be no problem.

Bungie should get some gamer hotties together and call 'em the Bungie Babes or something...

[quote name='zewone']It looks like we will be having a hard time setting up a match with them. A bungie employee said it took weeks of negotiating just to set a match up.[/quote]

That's pretty ironic, considering that playing against Bungie probably gave them more free press and recognition than they could ever hope for.

I bit the bullet and decided to put up a post:

Hello there. I'm also a member of CAG, as well as a member player in the Halo 2 CAG Clan.

In CheapyD's post, he made a one line introduction, to let people know who he is and what we do at CAG. It didn't sound like a plug to me, merely an intro, and if it came across that way, CheapyD isn't one to toss out cheap plugs for CAG. That's not our way. CheapyD does a lot of work in keeping the site updated and ferret out numerous deals, and fellow CAGs help one another.

CAG is a site that has helped me greatly expand my gaming collection and save a few dollars doing it, in deals we find in B&M stores, as well as online. That's only one purpose for it as well, as people trade and sell games there, discuss games, as well as many off-gaming topics ranging from music to politics and numerous other things. We're a social group as well as fellow gamers, part of which is the Halo 2 CAG clan.

Our clan has worked long and hard into a good, solid gaming group, and we've been discussing the chance to see how well we would compete against the FragDolls. We've heard a number of things about them, and we'd like to see how well we would compete with them.

CheapyD's post was to offer up the possibility of a match with the FragDolls, and I have talked with him, as well as many other CAGs, knowing that he didn't come onto this forum for a cheap plug. He had only the interesting in finding out if the CAG clan could have a chance to meet the FragDolls, nothing more.

I personally would like to see such a match, or matches happen, and see how our skills match against one another. I hope that we could all work past this poor first impression and engage in some meaningful dialogue towards that end. Hopefully, we can move forward and see what happens.

Again, CheapyD's intent was only to try and work out a match between CAG and the FragDolls. I know this without question and hope you all can understand that, over time.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Trakan']Damnit, sometimes I hate people.[/quote]

Just because we have one bad apple who hasn't had good luck doesn't mean that he reflects the views of CAG. Far from it.[/quote]

I thought about it too, but decided it wouldn't have really done much.[/quote]

I figured that one olive branch attempt couldn't hurt.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='zewone']It looks like we will be having a hard time setting up a match with them. A bungie employee said it took weeks of negotiating just to set a match up.[/quote]

My guess is that the biggest hurdle is that "The Frag Dolls" are a marketing effort created and financially supported by Ubisoft. I'm sure if we wanted to challenge them in Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon, it would be no problem.

Bungie should get some gamer hotties together and call 'em the Bungie Babes or something...[/quote]

Now there's an idea indeed. [-o< [-o

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='zewone']It looks like we will be having a hard time setting up a match with them. A bungie employee said it took weeks of negotiating just to set a match up.[/quote]

Bungie should get some gamer hotties together and call 'em the Bungie Babes or something...[/quote]

heh, bungie babes, good one ;)

[quote name='greendj27']Something I just noticed. Another win or two and we will be ranked in the top 1000 clans in Major Clan Match.[/quote]

i'm probably just an idiot, but how did you figure this out?

Click the Major Clan Match link on the CAG rank page...it'll bring you to the top 1000...just as you would do so to see the top 1000 in any other of the catagories from your own stat page.

[quote name='murcielago77']Id just like to make an annoucement. IM NEVER PLAYING A GAME WITH MIST03/XBOXMASTER EVER AGAIN[/quote]

Why?

[quote name='murcielago77']Id just like to make an annoucement. IM NEVER PLAYING A GAME WITH MIST03/XBOXMASTER EVER AGAIN[/quote]

*sigh*

I just love when people, especially STAFF, do this. It just makes things run that much easier. :roll:

Yea why whats up with them and why do u hate them so.

Well ill be on later about 10 EST and hopefully we can set up wither BTB or some 4 player TSlayer or TSkirmish.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea why whats up with them and why do u hate them so.

Well ill be on later about 10 EST and hopefully we can set up wither BTB or some 4 player TSlayer or TSkirmish.[/quote]

Same person.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77']Id just like to make an annoucement. IM NEVER PLAYING A GAME WITH MIST03/XBOXMASTER EVER AGAIN[/quote]

*sigh*

I just love when people, especially STAFF, do this. It just makes things run that much easier. :roll:[/quote]

sorry, but I JUST DONT SHAQ-FUIN LIKE HIM AT ALL

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77']Id just like to make an annoucement. IM NEVER PLAYING A GAME WITH MIST03/XBOXMASTER EVER AGAIN[/quote]

*sigh*

I just love when people, especially STAFF, do this. It just makes things run that much easier. :roll:[/quote]

sorry, but I JUST DONT SHAQ-FUIN LIKE HIM AT ALL[/quote]
A reason would be nice.

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77']Id just like to make an annoucement. IM NEVER PLAYING A GAME WITH MIST03/XBOXMASTER EVER AGAIN[/quote]

*sigh*

Thanks for the info. But all you need to do is take him off your Friend's List (that is if he's there to begin with) and avoid playing with him. That post is *almost* as silly and flame-baity as the "I'm Leaving CAG!" threads.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77']Id just like to make an annoucement. IM NEVER PLAYING A GAME WITH MIST03/XBOXMASTER EVER AGAIN[/quote]

*sigh*

Thanks for the info. But all you need to do is take him off your Friend's List (that is if he's there to begin with) and avoid playing with him. That post is *almost* as silly and flame-baity as the "I'm Leaving CAG!" threads.[/quote]

thats just fine. Im just saying if you guys are playing with him and send me an invite, im not even gonna think about accepting

[quote name='murcielago77']thats just fine. Im just saying if you guys are playing with him and send me an invite, im not even gonna think about accepting[/quote]

Duly noted.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='greendj27']Something I just noticed. Another win or two and we will be ranked in the top 1000 clans in Major Clan Match.[/quote]

i'm probably just an idiot, but how did you figure this out?[/quote]

Like ryanw said. I went to the last page of the leaders and noticed that #1000 is level 9 and his bar isn't that much fuller than ours. :cool: :p

[quote name='greendj27']Mist03 was talking a lot of shit to murc, intentionally trying to piss him off.[/quote]

Well then, I know what name to add to the "No-Chance-In-Hell-Are-You-Joining-This-Clan" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back