OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mookyjooky']We kept trying to tell you to stop the game…..but after the 8th round of the same map….no one would end it…or tell you to end it. Believe me, me and jimmie mac were screaming for it to stop….So I left and sent invites to 7 people to start some Matchmade games. Talk about being rude all you want, but those games were getting as fun as watching your parents fu(k…..(not very)[/quote]

That was on the first game, and I heard every word of the commentary, mostly from Jimmie about it. When it was over, you happily jumped into the next one, as well as everyone else there.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I didn’t invite you, cause that was your game……figured you were happy playing it…..[/quote]

I didn't expect an invite, and I have no issue wih that. I was having fun and enjoying the game. Until it ended prematurely. The leaving in the middle is what rubbed me the wrong way. Why not just wait it out until the end?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Theres getting to be too many people in the clan to make everyone happy….and some people will get left out in the rain once in a while, it sucks….but it happens.[/quote]

I like the size of the clan as it is, since with more than 70 people, chances for a large game are usually quite good in the evenings. If we all showed up at once, it might be a little hard to get some good games in. "Some people will get left out in the rain once in a while"? WTF is with that? I've never felt that way playing with the clan, and even with my skill level less than others in the clan, I'm enjoying every minute that I have, even when I'm getting pwned by superior tactics and teamwork.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']This is a great reason of why I’m happy I’m not Staff….I don’t have to kiss other players ass and walk on eggshells to make people happy for something I’m not even getting paid to do….Just because people are Staff, everyone thinks that they’re should be 3 in every game holding everyone’s hand…..making everyone happy with the joyous event of only their presence. (Not talking for Staff, but mearly a concept of what I see...again, not talking for Staff)

Staff, I am not jealous of you one bit….when I get online and play….I get to play….[/quote]

If you think staff is for kissing ass and walking on eggshells to make people happy, then you need to rethink what staff does. I don't need staff holding my hand, just providing some leadership during the specificed practice period. Beyond that, any leadership is a bonus. And some people do things because they like them, not because they're paid. Money isn't always a motivation. When I'm online and play, I play. One way or another.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']There's a lot of bitching online, and when I say it here I get 14 trolls for every comment…..Staff messaging me tell me to “watch my mouth” and shit…..

Remember when I came up with the idea of the draft and 6 people said it was stupid in a row? Now we use it almost every game?[/quote]

Find me trolling on something you've said, and I'll be happy to comment on it. And for draft, I thought it was a good idea, and I've done it twice on my own. I stick to the end on my game, with my people, because I picked them, and I take responsiblity for what happens.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']What about breaking the team internally into Elites and Non-Elites?? I caught hell for that one….BIG TIME……So why is everyone calling the 8-10 key players Elites now?? Like “Elites should play Frag Dolls” for example……There are no Elites people….Everyone thought it was stupid….. (And “JV team” is just as bad people, come on)[/quote]

I know that there is a wide range of skill levels among the clan, and any marking of someone as "Elite" or "Non-Elite" is just smack talk. Unofficially, we all have a pretty good idea who the "better" players are among the clan. We're all here to have fun and play online with our fellow CAGs. And for the "JV team" comment, the buck stops with me, since I was the one who brought it up, as a joke. And apparently, it stuck, and continues on.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Well here’s another “you heard it here first”…... (New guys to the clan) People aren’t paid to be Staff…they’re guys just wanting to play Halo 2 too….JUST LIKE YOU. [/quote]

No argument from me there.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']](Staff) This clan wont last at this size….you’ll get tired of walking on eggshells every time you play and you’ll break the clan down to 16-20 people at most…..it will happen, give it time….feel free to get pissed off at me on here, cause when I go online you’ll be telling me how right I was…..and besides, why do these people have to be IN the clan? Why not just add them to your friends list? These people dont have to be IN the clan to play the 800 custom games we play. The "non-elites" arent even playing clan games....at all....why are they IN the clan? Can't they just be on my friends list?

I personally think I’ve brought a lot to the table in the way of HALO 2 stuff for CAG…..but I’m not going to listen to people talk shit about the clan, (but I’ll know not to stick up for the clan here, or else my own clan will go ballistic on me) or have people in the clan complain every time someone leaves their game…..this isn’t Middle School….this is just a game, that we play online, with a bunch of people we’ve never met….

Maybe its fun for some people to hear nothing but bitching online, but for me its not….and I’m not obligated to stay in any game. Ever.[/quote]

Again, if you think that staff has to walk on eggshells, then you really need to think on what they're supposed to do.

And about how the clan is, sizewise and who plays in clan matches, that's always your opinion. As part of the clan, I always stick up for it, and if something isn't right among it, I say something. I greatly appreciate your strategy guide, as it's been quite helpful, as was the recommendation for the Unauthorized Halo 2 Battle Guide.

If I'm in a match with my clan, going good or bad, I stick with it, since there's always some good to be had in it. If I dumped out of the game, then people would be bitching about me. I wasn't bitching, just expressing my displeasure about the game ending early. Maybe I'll listen more carefully about people wanting out of the game, though unless I have control over it, there's nothing I can do about it.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']This is basically what I anticipated would happen eventually. I am glad that there are ground times being setup for future gameplay so as things are more well defined, but eventually I knew people's feelings would start being hurt when they were excluded. It does really suck that we can only have 8 people at the most for our Clan Matches. And that some people may not get the chance to clan battle with me, or Led, or Zew, or Arikado, or any of the other defined "Elite" at this moment. But I think this is the best time to start setting up some sort of ranking system, for those strictly interested in clan matching, to decide who gets to make "big show". The idea that would work for me would utilize a seperate site or thread or something where we could show basically a ranking system and people's performance on the ranking system would be acsertained by their performance in practice nights. That would be fair to those interested and those not. And once we get an idea of whom the better people are we can better plan the clan match and appropriately setup back-ups incase someone can't show. On top of this we would be able to setup numerous Major Clan Battles at once and spread out or team with other equal players. Just my two cents but if we want to be effective as a team and fair to the clan this is what I am feeling.[/quote]

As the clan for Halo 2 has only been working for a couple of months, I think this is a good idea to get gameplay more defined and regular. I agree with that idea 100%. I'm not complaining about not getting a chance to play with certain people, since I know that's not realistic, it's when during our defined practice timeframe and there's no practice going on, then I think there's an issue that needs to be addressed. From what Ledhed and rock have put forth, I think it's going in the right direction, at least in my opinion. I know I can't play with certain people all the time, so I try to play with anyone from the clan, since we can all teach each other something helpful. I have preferences, like we all do, though they're only preferences, nothing carved in stone.

For clan matches, I think there should be something set up to manage it. Offically or unofficially. Something for the staff to do, or if they're overloaded with things to do, perhaps a couple more people for staff should be added, to help out with that?

[quote name='shrike4242']For clan matches, I think there should be something set up to manage it. Offically or unofficially. Something for the staff to do, or if they're overloaded with things to do, perhaps a couple more people for staff should be added, to help out with that?[/quote]

Rock and I talked of this as well last night, and as more ideas crop up, the right one will eventually fall into our grasp. For now though, I ask for everyone's patience during this transition period into the new schedule.

And wow, 500. Time for the 4th thread. Rock will be starting it as usual, so until he gets here to make it, keep using this one.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I havent played a clan match in over a month and I've been trying to get people in the clan up to speed to play with us...but the 50 people who play once a month online are a good reason why this clan is going no where. I really loved playing with you guys.....but I've out grown the clan.

When I get online, I want to coordinate and win....not train people who play once a week at best. The custom games are getting tiresome and I'll add Staff to my friends list and play with you guys one in a while....but I have no say what the clan does....and it seems like its getting further away from being an elite team of players to get online and dominate and more of an extention of peoples friends list.[/quote]

If other people have that opinion, I'd love to see it.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'll leave the clan tonight and starting up my own clan....It was great playing with you guys. Alot of you are awesome players, but I just need to play clan matches. I want to come online to play to win....

It's really hard for me to leave the clan (I really went overboard at times sticking up for it, and lost some of the respect of other clan members) , and I'm sure you'll do better in this topic without my Hothead comments...

Tonight will be my last night in the clan, and I dont want to be unfair and pursuade people to be in my clan to be "better" or anything....I just want to have a team willing to play as a complete unit.[/quote]

Sorry to see you go.

[quote name='shrike4242']If people wanted to go do ranked games, why not just use some common courtesty and just say so? Why not wait until the game ended to go off and do it? What purpose does scooting the middle of the game do?[/quote]

Well, it was set up for 2 minute rounds, how mant rounds? No idea. Plus, this aint "Halo by committe" if you don't like a custom game and you want to break off and start your own, then do it.

It's like if you don't like a song on the radio, you don't have to wait to see if the next song is one you like, you can go to another station. You don't have to call the DJ and tell him to change the tunes because maybe some place some body likes it. So that's all that we did, we left and started a new
room, set out invites and started some Big Team Battle ranked matches, once we started to gel we did some clan matches, and we won.

Now, lets get on to some shit that matters in a clan. Players, their skill and what is to be done with them. Are we ever kicking some one out based on their missing temawork skills and lack of understanding of the game?

Because I have a nomination or two I'd like to make...

[quote name='JimmieMac']Now, lets get on to some shit that matters in a clan. Players, their skill and what is to be done with them. Are we ever kicking some one out based on their missing temawork skills and lack of understanding of the game?

Because I have a nomination or two I'd like to make...[/quote]

Toss 'em out there, I'd be curious to see them.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='JimmieMac']Now, lets get on to some shit that matters in a clan. Players, their skill and what is to be done with them. Are we ever kicking some one out based on their missing temawork skills and lack of understanding of the game?

Toss 'em out there, I'd be curious to see them.[/quote]

Uh no don't toss them out because it could be like TNT on the thread. I think we reached our max capacity for blowups in this thread.

I'll try to cover as much as I can but I missed a lot.

Ryan W- You are complaining about something you do on the regular. I mean if you can't live with it - don't do it yourself. Just the other night I was playing with about 10 of you on my cousins Gamertag and you, Arikado, Murcilago and someone else started your own room. I asked for an invite and I didn't get one. I didn't complain because I realized you guys would rather play team slayer than a BTB with me.

MookyJooky - Sorry to see ya go. You had some of the best ideas in the clan and you were a skilled player. Hopefully we can still play sometimes.

rock and led- I like the new practice schedule. I'll get back to you on the other stuff later.

everyone else - Can't we just get along? I mean seriously instead of worrying about this one trivial incident, we should be worried about getting better. I think the clan is at it one of its best points right now and I only see it getting better. People are really working together quite well and people are actually showing up online. Lets have fun and work on our Halo skills.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='JimmieMac']Now, lets get on to some shit that matters in a clan. Players, their skill and what is to be done with them. Are we ever kicking some one out based on their missing temawork skills and lack of understanding of the game?

Uh no don't toss them out because it could be like TNT on the thread. I think we reached our max capacity for blowups in this thread.[/quote]

He had some nominations he'd like to make, I'm merely curious to what they are. He offered, I'm asking. Like always, they're opinions.

[quote name='JimmieMac'][quote name='shrike4242']If people wanted to go do ranked games, why not just use some common courtesty and just say so? Why not wait until the game ended to go off and do it? What purpose does scooting the middle of the game do?[/quote]

Well, it was set up for 2 minute rounds, how mant rounds? No idea. Plus, this aint "Halo by committe" if you don't like a custom game and you want to break off and start your own, then do it.

It's like if you don't like a song on the radio, you don't have to wait to see if the next song is one you like, you can go to another station. You don't have to call the DJ and tell him to change the tunes because maybe some place some body likes it. So that's all that we did, we left and started a new
room, set out invites and started some Big Team Battle ranked matches, once we started to gel we did some clan matches, and we won.

Now, lets get on to some shit that matters in a clan. Players, their skill and what is to be done with them. Are we ever kicking some one out based on their missing temawork skills and lack of understanding of the game?

I would be intrested in seeing these nominations in a PM to me, Led or rock.

[quote name='zewone']everyone else - Can't we just get along? I mean seriously instead of worrying about this one trivial incident, we should be worried about getting better. I think the clan is at it one of its best points right now and I only see it getting better. People are really working together quite well and people are actually showing up online. Lets have fun and work on our Halo skills.[/quote]

There's no one in the clan I'm not getting along with. It's a trivial incident, yes, though it's something that needs to have all of us concentrate on working togther in the clan. I'm always working to try and get better and I think the time in the last few weeks, I've seen everyone make strides forward, individually as well as collectively.

With more practice, more work together and more direction from each other, only the sky's the limit for the CAG clan. With the new practice schedule, I think it'll only move us closer together, quicker and more efficiently.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='JimmieMac']Now, lets get on to some shit that matters in a clan. Players, their skill and what is to be done with them. Are we ever kicking some one out based on their missing temawork skills and lack of understanding of the game?

Uh no don't toss them out because it could be like TNT on the thread. I think we reached our max capacity for blowups in this thread.[/quote]

He had some nominations he'd like to make, I'm merely curious to what they are. He offered, I'm asking. Like always, they're opinions.[/quote]

It might be good to start with those that NEVER play. With the down time from school and my wife's medication sending her to bed early, I've been able to be online on a more regular basis. Usually the same people are on, but the clan list is a mile long. Do all those gt's show up for clan gameplay at one time or another? Well if I had any say on cuts, that seems a logical place to start.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='JimmieMac']Because I have a nomination or two I'd like to make...[/quote]

I would be intrested in seeing these nominations in a PM to me, Led or rock.[/quote]

Why limit it to PM?

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='JimmieMac']Now, lets get on to some shit that matters in a clan. Players, their skill and what is to be done with them. Are we ever kicking some one out based on their missing temawork skills and lack of understanding of the game?

He had some nominations he'd like to make, I'm merely curious to what they are. He offered, I'm asking. Like always, they're opinions.[/quote]

It might be good to start with those that NEVER play. With the down time from school and my wife's medication sending her to bed early, I've been able to be online on a more regular basis. Usually the same people are on, but the clan list is a mile long. Do all those gt's show up for clan gameplay at one time or another? Well if I had any say on cuts, that seems a logical place to start.[/quote]

Don't worry the 2nd cut list is being worked out now as we type. And believe me its working on exactly what your talking about gaelan. Shrike - I wanted in a PM because like jlarlee had pointed out it will probably cause another argument.

[quote name='zewone']Shrike - I wanted in a PM because like jlarlee had pointed out it will probably cause another argument.[/quote]

That's what I figured, though under the circumstances, a little more argument might need a thread to itself.

Hi guys, I'm very glad things are getting so organized. I took a two week vacation, and was not able to play (not sure if anyone noticed, lol), but I'm back now. Hopefully my night classes will not interfere with the clan times this semester (my last).

I understand that the civil thing to do is to take it to a PM but why not stir up some shit here?

I think everyone that played in the game last night saw that Aznplayer4life wasn't pulling his weight in addition to not ONCE mentioning that the other team had our flag when he was on defense during our loss on Coag. Or the fact that he takes a warthog, alone when 3 other people are at the base and has to be told several times that people wanted in.

This is just the most recent example. There are others that most of us are aware of. Your job is to decide if it was one night of shitty playing on Azn's part that should be treated like an isolated incident or if it's the way it is everytime he plays.

You make the call.

Next up, all the fu(ks (Jlarlee, I'm looking in your direction) that wanted to go try their hand at another clan, gave a farewell speech but then came back because the new clan didn't pan out. You know what? Fu(k you. Why is there a rotating door policy?

So, here's what we need.

First, cull the list down to a manageable amount of people.Second, get the new practice times up and running and finally, make the Top 100 clans list.

I don't believe jlarlee was in CAG before. He went straight to DCR. StealthySeal was CAG than DCR than CAG. sj41 was CAG than DCR. Thats about all I can think of. So your problem is azn and Stealthy? I'll give you that last night pissed me off and he has done other things everytime I play with him so I see where your coming from.

Who's playin tonight b/c I am coming back. Just completed MGS3 (Game of the Year, even over halo2). I am gonna get fragalicious with the plasma pistol and magnum. Skeet Skeet!

[quote name='jughead']Who's playin tonight b/c I am coming back. Just completed MGS3 (Game of the Year, even over halo2). I am gonna get fragalicious with the plasma pistol and magnum. Skeet Skeet![/quote]

I'll be playing and hopefully a lot of you well since its practice night. Also I agree with you about MGS3.

Just wanted to hop in and remind anyone who has seen the new schedule that TONITE WILL BE A NORMAL PRACTICE NIGHT. The new scedule begins next week.

Also, according to Bungie, there are about 387,000 Halo 2 clans in existence. Now I imagine that a number of these clans are simply for fun and have never played a clan match, but I still think our clan breaking the top 1k is pretty impressive.

[quote name='gaelan']can you pull individual stats off the bungie site by referencing the gamertag?[/quote]

There is a search option for GamerTags at Bungie.net, but it's a little sketchy. If you want to check fellow clanners, you can click the CAG clan link in your profile, then click members, and you'll see every clan member's name listed. From there you can click their names and see their individual stats. You can also do this from your own stats viewer if you played a game with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back