Official NHL 11 CAG Team - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Nights Tue @ 10e / Fri @ 8e

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not surpised glock posted the achievements. I will be playing a lot of BAP since it's revamped. Hopefully the big announcement is the addition of NCAA teams[/QUOTE]

Yea, you know how I roll with the achievements! :bouncy:

I was able to get most of the points out of the way quickly in 2011 and didn't really touch EASHL much. I did spend alot of time with HUT at first, but stopped playing once I got my Trophy and Playoff achievements. I loaded up NHL 11 the other day and I had under 50 EASHL games played, which did kind of make me sad. I should have at least boosted up for my Legend Card and played a bit. I still need to do that to finish of the 2011 achievements.

I never noticed the lapse of time till they said it in that blog. The new presentation should be really nice if it showcases players in the EASHL.

We up for tonight? 11 ish or so?

Zardoz. Watch this movie.

Ak-47s and other guns seriously fly out of that statue's mouth.
zardoz022005.jpg

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan, you got Brandon and I watching Zardoz in a Netflix party.

Edit: Just got done watching it at 3:26 in the morning. Wow, just wow. Usually EA makes me speechless, but this movie has EA beat by 50 fold.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vulcan2422']Alan, you got Brandon and I watching Zardoz in a Netflix party.

Edit: Just got done watching it at 3:26 in the morning. Wow, just wow. Usually EA makes me speechless, but this movie has EA beat by 50 fold.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys hold each other?

[quote name='moojuice']Its really difficult to even explain the movie lol[/QUOTE]

It is, I had to look onto IMDB to figure out the ending but at least there the guy made sense of it

The movie shows a future in which the increasing population is ruining the Earth's surface. A group of scientists and intellectuals create the Tabernacle, a crystal device which gives them mental powers such as telekinesis, and gives them immortality by arresting their aging. Even if a person connected to the Tabernacle dies, their body is simply reconstituted exactly as it was before. The Tabernacle also creates an impenetrable forcefield around the scientist's compound, where they live on as the world collapses around them.

However, after centuries Human society has been reshaped by this new reality. The scientists, now known as the Eternals, have found their everlasting life to be stifling, even horrific. Worse, their penalty for criminals is to impose aging on them, locking them forever into bodies which are decayed and useless. Most Eternals desire only death, but have no way to achieve this as the Tabernacle is indestructible.

Meanwhile outside their shield, the remaining Humans, called Brutals, are once again breeding and threatening to overrun the planet. The Eternals control the population by using their advanced technology to create a false religion whose god, a stone head called Zardoz, chooses a group of Brutals to become "Exterminators", bandits whose main religious commandment is to kill as many people as possible, thus culling the population. The Exterminators also take slaves and force them to farm, raising food which they give to Zardoz - this is transported back to the Eternals as their food supply.

However, some Eternals are determined to end their living hell. To this end the Eternal who created and controls the Exterminators, Frayn, has been breeding them via eugenic principles to produce "supermen". He reveals to one of these, Zed, that Zardoz is a fake god by showing him the book The Wizard of Oz, from whose title he took the name.

Determined to investigate, Zed sneaks into the Zardoz head by hiding in the grain and is able to reach the home of the Eternals. They are unaware of the plot by Frayn and decide to study Zed, to see how regular humanity has changed over the centuries. He uses this opportunity to learn about the society and is finally able to locate the Tabernacle and make a psychic connection with it. Zed causes the Tabernacle to stop operating, bringing down the shield around the Eternal's camp, and the Exterminators outside swarm the compound and kill most of the Eternals. The Eternals are mostly delighted by this as they can finally die.

As Frayn brags that he has manipulated the Exterminators into doing what he wanted all along, Zed reveals a great irony - that the Tabernacle itself showed him that it had also recognized their way of life as a dead end and manipulated Frayn into executing his plan.

One of the Eternals, Consuella, leaves with Zed. The closing montage indicates that they lived out a normal lifespan, producing a son along the way, and then died.

SO many nude women in it Alan! We now know why you watched it!

[quote name='jza1218']Did you guys hold each other?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but we did the netflix party watch. It's a cool feature but as Brandon figured out, if you change the aspect ratio you can't go back to seeing the Avatars.

Oh wow, I didn't even try to make sense of the movie, but that's pretty interesting.

Once the..."montage" was over, it even took me a second to realize it was over. I was expecting the movie to keep going on some other weird path.

The reveal behind the meaning of Zardoz literally made me WTF out loud.

Sorry I didn't stay up to watch a boy and his dog. Thought I'd catch up with some games and the dvr. I think we need to have an Official movie night where one of us picks a horrble movie on netflix.

Nice that they are doing 5 different spots so we can do several different builds. Wonder if they will let you change handedness for the builds or not.

Will probably have my builds for a wing, center, offensive d-man, defensive d-man and goalie.

Finally all moved in to the new apartment. Comcast is coming out on Wednesday, so I'll be ready for some hickey (pun erotically intended) after that. :)

Let's hope the AI is better. We all know what will happen though "The AI Is too hard! We can't score! Dumb it down!" and EA will go "Oh no problem! Anything for you shitty fans who can't actually play the game!"

Ugh, we all know that it's the truth.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Let's hope the AI is better. We all know what will happen though "The AI Is too hard! We can't score! Dumb it down!" and EA will go "Oh no problem! Anything for you shitty fans who can't actually play the game!"

Ugh, we all know that it's the truth.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for competent AI to be released as DLC.

I finally have internet! Super pumped! Comcast guy said I signed up for the 12MB speed, but when he did a speed test, it came back 21MB. Soooo...hoping it stays like that! :bouncy:

I can play tonight if anybody is around (will probably be on in an hour or so). It's weird being in a different time zone now. At least I won't be the one staying up so God awful late anymore, haha.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I finally have internet! Super pumped! Comcast guy said I signed up for the 12MB speed, but when he did a speed test, it came back 21MB. Soooo...hoping it stays like that! :bouncy:

I can play tonight if anybody is around (will probably be on in an hour or so). It's weird being in a different time zone now. At least I won't be the one staying up so God awful late anymore, haha.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's just me now.

Funny, when I had RCN come and install my internet package, I was signed up for 15 MB, but when they tested it was at 18.

The CAG team went 5-0 last night, winning a few close games, but generally dominating all night with 4 guys from our playoff roster playing (I think in most games we outshot our opponents at a 3:1 clip).

As NHL 12 approaches, I'm all for new guys joining and players returning who stopped playing long ago. But people have to recognize you either play the game enough to be strong at your position, or we really do need a second team. Hopefully EA doesn't do the stupid one game at a time shit like this year. But even if they don't, I feel like we're going to have set groups anyway.

Let's face it. At this point, our "playoff roster" is pretty damn good. We beat teams by not letting them breathe. Our forecheck is tenacious as hell and we do a good job stacking the blue line. When teams finally do manage to get into our zone, we harrass the puck carrier, but don't overcommit...making sure they stay in front of us. We cut off angles and force them away from the net. Playing this kind of defense sets up our entire offensive game. Again, we had a game last night where both our LD and RD scored, and weren't just "guardians of the blue line". Anybody who wants to be considered "part of the team", this is where you have to get to with your play. I don't want to exclude anybody, but we've raised the bar pretty high this year.

What I'd like to do is get guys from the "playoff roster" to do kind of an end of year evaluation of the main players on the team this year (maybe anybody who played at least 25 games?) and just state what they need to work on. That way, everybody will have a legitimate critique from at least 4 different people. Don't post it in the thread. I'll get some kind of form drawn up and send it through PM and you guys can fill it out if you feel like it. Just something I thought of as a way to wrap up NHL 11.

I can't believe I took that stupid Penalty last night for Delay of game. I'm so stupid. Also, that goal off my leg was just stupid as well. But I owned up to it none the less. I thought we worked pretty good last night. A well oiled hockey machine.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I can't believe I took that stupid Penalty last night for Delay of game. I'm so stupid. Also, that goal off my leg was just stupid as well. But I owned up to it none the less. I thought we worked pretty good last night. A well oiled hockey machine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think you played bad at all last night, Gary. We all take bad penalties here and there. Nobody is perfect. So, that's not a big deal at all. Plus, in my personal opinion, we could all use the practice killing penalties anyway. Not that we want to be playing a man short all game, but playing solid defense down a man will make our even strength defense even better. It's when we take penalties and then give up easy goals that really kills us.

[quote name='jza1218']Demo for NHL 12 hits August 23.[/QUOTE]

3 days before my birthday! Sweet!!!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I don't think you played bad at all last night, Gary. We all take bad penalties here and there. Nobody is perfect. So, that's not a big deal at all. Plus, in my personal opinion, we could all use the practice killing penalties anyway. Not that we want to be playing a man short all game, but playing solid defense down a man will make our even strength defense even better. It's when we take penalties and then give up easy goals that really kills us.[/QUOTE]

This. Everyone takes a bad penalty every once in a while. The goal that hit off your leg was a crap bounce, nothing more. You were in position to block the shot and it just took a weird bounce.

What kills us sometimes is taking several penalties while down a goal because it kills any chance at offense for a tying goal. A PK here and there is good practice, it helps me keep my defense from getting totally rusty by dropping back on a kill every now and then.

What I'd like to do is get guys from the "playoff roster" to do kind of an end of year evaluation of the main players on the team this year (maybe anybody who played at least 25 games?) and just state what they need to work on. That way, everybody will have a legitimate critique from at least 4 different people. Don't post it in the thread. I'll get some kind of form drawn up and send it through PM and you guys can fill it out if you feel like it. Just something I thought of as a way to wrap up NHL 11.

I think this is a fantastic plan. I think I've figured out my connection issues as well, so I'm down with this idea and playing tomorrow, if need be.

For some reason, this is just the voice I heard when we were confronted by that cool kid last night. Gary can confirm he was trying to sound all "hard" though.
gottabegay.jpg

Ha Ha, A 12 year old Tony pretty much!

Also, there is an article in the new Game Informer for NHL 12. Just talks about the Game modes and a small paragraph about the EASHL. Nothing special really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back