Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like posting that pic and having it only be that would be asking for trouble, especially because they're making such a big deal of an info drop tomorrow.

Well, he needs to find a box first. And he might wants to wait until the post office is open, you do not want that sitting around the house overnight.
That sounds like the advice of a man who's done this before.

If I rip a few pages out of a book and throw it in the box as well, can I send it Media Mail to save on shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like the advice of a man who's done this before.

If I rip a few pages out of a book and throw it in the box as well, can I send it Media Mail to save on shipping?
Well I have played an EA game before.

And yes, in fact using paper really hides what's in there too.

On A Roll
Be a member of an EASHL club that had a perfect record last season and return to the Seasons HUB

Great...that won't encourage douchebaggery at all, lol. Obviously, the easiest way to get this achievement would be to only play 1 or 2 games for the month...but we all know that's not how people are going to go for it.

Honestly, other than that, the achievements look decent. I'm interested to see how the divisions and leagues for EASHL differ from Amateur/Pro/Elite, and the BAP achievements seem to indicate a pretty interesting RPG element ("Get an endorsement", "Be invited out by a teammate", etc). Can't believe there are 5 fighting achievements though. That's crazy.

Also...

x81120.png.pagespeed.ic.EGHgGfTSCs.png

Where's My Water?
Knock off the opposing goalie's water bottle from the net by scoring a goal
Awesome achievement...even if that's not what we call it, lol.

I don't understand the return to the Seasons Hub portion though. I wonder if you quit out if it dumps you into the main menu or something?

I don't understand the return to the Seasons Hub portion though. I wonder if you quit out if it dumps you into the main menu or something?
Yeah, I don't get that either. Most of them are for winning though. You wouldn't quit out if you won. Maybe it's to promote longevity and clubs staying together? Like you have to come back the following season before the achievement will unlock.

Well, I guess I need to be the one eating tacos tonight, lol. Seriously...all that build up for putting a star under your skater, less rules, and controls that were already in the game? Based on the achievements, I'd rather hear about how you can now go to the strip club with a teammate in BAP. "Anniversary Mode". Oh, you mean that thing I try out one time and then never bother with it again? Awesome...

It's hilarious seeing people in the comments on that page arguing about whether or not NHL 94 had penalties. Some of them are like "Yeah...but you could turn them OFF!" Yes...exactly like you still can now, lol.

That just seems dumb not to make it an online mode also.  Hell I don't see why they can't just be settings that can be changed.  At least when it comes to the graphics.  Make it so that the home team can make the options.  Seems like yet again this could have been done so much better than it has been done.  I'm just holding out now to find out how HUT is.  I'm wondering who the legends are going to be and if they put ageing back in.  If they do then I think I'm sticking with 13 longer than I have intended.

LMFAO...is that Ramjagsingh being the Monster Truck announcer?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pLV4-RImk[/youtube]

"Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!!!!" lol

Seeing how it is said in the trailer to get others to play the mode with you I'm going to guess that it will have some sort of coop mode.  That or EA is just saying shit that will never come true like usual.

Seeing how it is said in the trailer to get others to play the mode with you I'm going to guess that it will have some sort of coop mode. That or EA is just saying shit that will never come true like usual.
Well, he did say "get as many controllers as you can find" and "get your grandma to play". So, I guess it's at least implied that there's same system multi-player. I'm sure EA would defend it by saying "that's all NHL 94 had too", but it would be nice if they could improve on something made 20 years ago. Otherwise, we could all just bust out an emulator and do it ourselves.

The thing is, if a bunch of armchair modders can mod online into a single player only game, why can't EA add it to a game that already has an online infrastructure?

The thing is, if a bunch of armchair modders can mod online into a single player only game, why can't EA add it to a game that already has an online infrastructure?
Allegedly, because they care about people exploiting the game (or at least that's what they'd tell you). The same reason there's only one locker room now. It probably makes them feel like they're actually policing anything.

Haha.. Wow. Now EA is even using achievements from the previous year.  I didn't really pay attention to the EASHL ones since I never play it, but I counted 13 or 14 achievements that are in 13 in BAP, HUT, Online Shootout, and Be A GM.

Even better is that I think 5 or 6 of them had the same exact name as NHL 13.

It's not horrendous but the ice surface is WAY too big if they want to somewhat emulate NHL 94
I think that's pretty much what qualifies it as a half-assed effort. It's just NHL 14 with an "uglier" coat of paint on it. This seriously couldn't have taken more than 30 minutes to implement. It's not terrible. It just really serves no purpose. As bad as the Tecmo Bowl reboot was, at least with that you could switch back and forth between modern and original graphics.

Damn, that does look lacking.  I guess with it being EA I shouldn't have expected better.  Glad goaltenders can score in the game.  I tried so much with 13 when I first got it thinking they could.  This still seems like it should just be an option when setting up the game than to have it as a mode.

BPZH4scCQAAN-oL.jpg-large.jpeg

Oh, look at this! The Predators painted their ice gold for the offseason. Word is, they were trying to play NHL 94 Anniversary Mode IRL and mixed their paint wrong. Maybe it is harder than it looks, EA...  :razz:

14751_10151699902456738_907188631_n.jpg

Call me crazy, but this is actually starting to look better. I can't imagine the NHL would let them keep it like this anyway, but it at least looks nicer with the lines repainted. At least it doesn't look like Clifford The Big Red Dog just took a piss anymore, haha.

Yes, you are crazy. If I was playing the Preds in the off season, I'd just scratch my self from the roster. Between Bieber ruining the NHL and now this, I understand why Kovalchuk left

Yeah when he left I knew it was just to go to the KHL.  Everything I have seen now says Kovalchuk is going to the KHL now.  I'm not sure what team.  Maybe the paint will look better once it is finished and the ice is over it.

The AI fixes don't mean a thing to me if they screw up the AI in EASHL.  The AI in versus game modes is amazing compared to the idiots you get in EASHL

Yeah, Cause who in their right mind paints their ice yellow.....Nashville!

Can't tell if #1 is trolling or not, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nashville%20Predators
Now you're kinda just being a dick. They painted the ice yellow for the summer...for fun...to encourage community involvement. There's another open house tomorrow with a public skate (on the gold ice), season ticket sale, free food, and an autograph signing with Seth Jones among others. i haven't read anything that has given any indication at all that they have any intention of leaving it that way for the season (since I doubt the NHL would let them anyway). It's just something to do for fun. I don't see how that could possibly be so offensive. As for your link, I'm not really sure what makes Tampa any more of an "appropriate hockey town" than Nashville. They ever have a Geriatric Skate Night for all the retirees down there? Come on, man. Why all the negativity as of late?

Because yellow ice is just horrid! I've played on everything from pink to green and yellow is just horrid even if it is for the community.  It's one of those things you just don't do unless it's for Breast Cancer awareness or St. Patricks day. We have a meet and greet before and after every game,  nobody got laid off during the lockout, they hire more people every season, Jr Lightning boys and girls team sponsored by the Lightning, season ticket sales, mobile gear sale every week, community hero gets $50k for every home game, free skating to the public once a month,  and retirees and veterans get free tickets and ice time. Im negative because it's one of those weeks. Plus, Piss Yellow Ice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back