Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='DarthWoo']I went back after I saw all the stuff was gone at Exton, PA and spoke to someone I know there. Turns out that they had actually marked pretty much everything at least 50% off as far as hardware, and then most of the other accessories down to $1. Kind of burns since it was naturally on a day I didn't go even though I had been visiting nearly once every week.[/QUOTE]

this happened like 2-3 weeks ago, many posts in this thread about it, 20-30 dollar 3ds et cetera

Grabbed a Pokemon SoulSilver Version for $20 last week at Sears. I would've waited till the new month's drops but I didn't want to risk it selling out, there were only two copies. HeartGold was the same price. I'll go back this weekend and see if anything's changed.

Take it with a grain of salt, as there has been much speculation in this thread, but I went to a couple Sears stores today, and the employees at each said they have been instructed to send all of their video game inventory back to the company very soon (likely next week), where it will probably be sold to a liquidator (or perhaps redistributed to Kmart). These employees also said they think this will be a company-wide action.

But, again, grain of salt. You may want to ask employees at your store if they have been informed of this also.

Actually, planogram set ups for next week indicate that rumor is false. Definitely not company-wide. In fact, some of the planograms focus heavily on new consoles/games/accessories, as well as a dedicated clearance area. I was a bit surprised myself.

So chances are, if your local Sears still receives new releases and consoles such as the 3DSXLs and NSMB2, they'll continue trickle in for at least some while yet.

My question is why would a security guy at Sears tell me the managers are going to send this stuff back instead of marking it down to like 50% off and such? And yet other sears have their games really chap instead of shipping them back to he maker? Is it a long process to ship things back?

My Sears sent shitloads of stuff back. The display cases are gone.

I got a DS travel case for 2.97. UPC 663293102921

and...

DJ Hero 2 for Nintendo Wii (Turntable bundle) for $4.99 UPC: 047875961821
The DJ Hero had a clearance sticker on it dated 11/4 with a price of 24.97. Considering that's almost a year ago since they tagged it, I thought I'd have them scan it and I'm glad I did. Go get it!

[quote name='Firecrest']Actually, planogram set ups for next week indicate that rumor is false. Definitely not company-wide. In fact, some of the planograms focus heavily on new consoles/games/accessories, as well as a dedicated clearance area. I was a bit surprised myself.

So chances are, if your local Sears still receives new releases and consoles such as the 3DSXLs and NSMB2, they'll continue trickle in for at least some while yet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not company-wide. Mine just reorganized the whole gaming section and are getting new stuff in. They said they'll be phasing out everything except some top new releases by the holidays though. So I guess it depends on your local Sears

Picked up:

Homefront :ps3: $4.97
Enchanted Arms :360: $4.97
Darksiders :360: $9.97

The XBox Live Starter Kit w/ 12 Months Gold, Headset, Chatpad and Project Gotham Racing that I had an eye on went from $44.97 back up to $59.97 :(

[quote name='superhippy1986']My question is why would a security guy at Sears tell me the managers are going to send this stuff back instead of marking it down to like 50% off and such? And yet other sears have their games really chap instead of shipping them back to he maker? Is it a long process to ship things back?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jedifrog21']Agreed, not company-wide. Mine just reorganized the whole gaming section and are getting new stuff in. They said they'll be phasing out everything except some top new releases by the holidays though. So I guess it depends on your local Sears[/QUOTE]

When I was working at KB Toys (near the end days), they divided up the stores in three groups: those with a full line up of games, ones with GBA/DS games only, and those with no games whatsoever. There were also separate planograms for each set up.* Sears may be doing something similar.

I would guess that there are one,or a combination, of three scenerios in play here:
1)Certain/all stores will sell down what is left and not receive new product.
2)They will ship all remaining product from certain stores to stores with a better track record of video game sales.
3)They will ship the remaining product from certain/all stores back to a corporate warehouse where they will either be sold to a liquidator or their K-mart stores.

To answer the other part of your question, Slippyhippy, about two hours. You write down what you have, throw it in boxes, and take it out of the stores inventory via computer. (Some retailers have scanners that will do the first and thrid step for you. You just scan it and throw it in a box.) You then ship the box to another store or warehouse where they receive it like any other order. If you walk into your local Sears and see empty cardboard near the game section, you should probably take that as a sign.

*Actually there were about 15 different planograms and none of them matched any actual store. That doesn't include the Toy Works/KB Toy Works stores.

so glad I remembered this topic was here. For a litle over $33 I got:

EyePet (for the gf)
Blur (ps3)
Singstar: Queen (ps3)
Homefront (ps3)
Enchanted Arms w/ graphic novel x2

Only the EyePet game was more than $4.97

my store has 1 display and has 2 or so 3dsxl's so im not expecting any deals form the local one >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']

To answer the other part of your question, Slippyhippy, about two hours. You write down what you have, throw it in boxes, and take it out of the stores inventory via computer. (Some retailers have scanners that will do the first and thrid step for you. You just scan it and throw it in a box.) You then ship the box to another store or warehouse where they receive it like any other order. If you walk into your local Sears and see empty cardboard near the game section, you should probably take that as a sign.

*Actually there were about 15 different planograms and none of them matched any actual store. That doesn't include the Toy Works/KB Toy Works stores.[/QUOTE]

Super... Not slippy... Bu you are as wise as my father should be..

I was at a store that had literally about 20 games left for 50% 0ff, half of which were ps2 games. No systems, game displays dismantled, yet ps3 controllers were still full price as well as a Ds XL for $120. I wonder why they would only fire sale half of the dept?

[quote name='flount']Take it with a grain of salt, as there has been much speculation in this thread, but I went to a couple Sears stores today, and the employees at each said they have been instructed to send all of their video game inventory back to the company very soon (likely next week), where it will probably be sold to a liquidator (or perhaps redistributed to Kmart). These employees also said they think this will be a company-wide action.

But, again, grain of salt. You may want to ask employees at your store if they have been informed of this also.[/QUOTE]

That right there makes the most sense to me. Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds. Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.

[quote name='JKSonic']That right there makes the most sense to me. Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds. Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.[/QUOTE]

Kmarts have been clearing things out as well

[quote name='JKSonic']Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds.[/QUOTE]

The employees here have told me that our stores are still carrying what they consider current systems and a small selection of new release games. The 3 stores closest to me have basically consolidated their whole videogame sections down to one small glass case containing, apparently, what they're carrying from now on (all the clearance items have been pulled out and separated).

I guess it's possible some stores are keeping a small gaming section and others are getting rid of gaming completely. Or, just as likely, the employees don't know what's going on, either...

[quote name='Romeo']Everyone keeps mentoring Enchanted Arms. I'd love to find one at $5, I've never seen one in retail in years now.[/QUOTE]
I would as well, but the last copy disappeared from my store in the last week or so. I don't think it had been marked down much though, if at all.

Only a couple games in the bin were marked with Sept. stickers. The rest were still August, and not really worth mentioning (mainly the same titles that have been there for the past 3-4 months). The case with the consoles and handhelds was moved again, and now contains maybe 12 newer titles (Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Skyrim and a few others, all at full price). Not sure why last week the consoles and handhelds were in their own display case near the cash register, but it seems like the manager thought the employees were bored and made them move all the stuff again.

I've been watching the sears closest to me and not only has there been no additional % off at any point, the same Mario kart 7 has been there with a July august and September different tag all with the same price of $24.97. Frustrating. And I did actually scan it and that's accurate.

man, universally, this place (sears) is one confused department store. went in this am, picked up a pretty nice haul (the charleston, sc location), all clearance games were 30% off. portal 2 :ps3: (about $20.00 after discount), nhl 12 :ps3:/:360: (about @ 20.00 after discount), mario sports mix :wii: (about $28.00 after discount) and the rest that others have mentioned (mlb 2k11 :ps3:, homefront :ps3:, darksiders :360: @ $4.97 before discount, fracture :ps3: @ $2.97 prior to discount) but right as I was checking out, the Manager ran up to the Clearance Bin and started yanking the damn signs down, "...these are all just gonna fly off the racks...", dude was crazy. no price drops in months and he thinks that since one CAG came in and picked up 6-7 games, it's all Chicken Little. folks it was comical (and something you probably would've had to be there to appreciate) but reiterates what a wacky, wacky place Sears (and Sears Holding) is/has been/always will be.

That's odd, sounds like he was hoping stuff wouldn't sell so he could get it himself. I'd send an email to corporate to make them aware of the situation.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']man, universally, this place (sears) is one confused department store. went in this am, picked up a pretty nice haul (the charleston, sc location), all clearance games were 30% off. portal 2 :ps3: (about $20.00 after discount), nhl 12 :ps3:/:360: (about @ 20.00 after discount), mario sports mix :wii: (about $28.00 after discount) and the rest that others have mentioned (mlb 2k11 :ps3:, homefront :ps3:, darksiders :360: @ $4.97 before discount, fracture :ps3: @ $2.97 prior to discount) but right as I was checking out, the Manager ran up to the Clearance Bin and started yanking the damn signs down, "...these are all just gonna fly off the racks...", dude was crazy. no price drops in months and he thinks that since one CAG came in and picked up 6-7 games, it's all Chicken Little. folks it was comical (and something you probably would've had to be there to appreciate) but reiterates what a wacky, wacky place Sears (and Sears Holding) is/has been/always will be.[/QUOTE]
I still preferred when Sears was it's own seperate entity from Kmart and vice versa. Only reasons I say that are 1) the clusterfuck that clearance has become since he who shall remain unnamed nuked the fuck out of the program in BOTH chains AND made the prices highly YMMV across both chains and 2) Now if the main corporation goes kablooie, BOTH chains are in danger of going down with it.:cry:

Checked out a Sears I haven't been to in awhile and they had a huge bin of games but found a few decent ones. They also had a sign for 25% off clearance and a sign for 35% off (which said expired in July) but because the sign was up the clerk was very kind enough to honor the 35% off! (He also took the sign down after).

:ps3: Deus Ex rang at $9.97
:ps3: Bayonetta rang at $9.72
:360: Darksiders rang at $9.97
:wii: Metroid Other M didn't ring up at all, manager gave it to me for $9.97

After the 35% I paid a little under $6.50 for each title. Great finds, ended up flipping Deus Ex and Bayonetta to BB for a small profit with the 100% and GCU and kept Darksiders/Other M (all BB were sold out during the blowout 1.0 so I finally have a copy!)

Also helped that I got $10 for free on my shop my rewards card. Those who are rewards members check your e-mails to see if you got the $10 as well! E-mail said it expires 09/10. Strange too since I got $10 a week or two ago as well.

I haven't been on this thread in awhile but do you guys know if they refill their clearance bins after a certain period of time because I haven't been to the sears in a month and when I did go, the bin was more than half empty with a bunch of kid games

R.I.P. Sears in Frisco, TX. Stopped in since I was close by to see just 2 PS2 Games and maybe 4 DS games and a small rack of 3rd party DS accessories. That is all they have left. Good to know because now I can remove it from my rotation. Collin Creek is nearly dead too. Ridgmar in Fort Worth and North East in Hurst are alive but in Critical condition.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']R.I.P. Sears in Frisco, TX. Stopped in since I was close by to see just 2 PS2 Games and maybe 4 DS games and a small rack of 3rd party DS accessories. That is all they have left. Good to know because now I can remove it from my rotation. Collin Creek is nearly dead too. Ridgmar in Fort Worth and North East in Hurst are alive but in Critical condition.[/QUOTE]

Sears in northeast has a clearance section? I went there like 3 weeks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance.

I went to two Sears today.

At one, I found an employee dismantling what was left of the games section. I asked outright if they were sending it all back or putting the stuff on clearence. Unsurprisingly he said it was all going back.

At the other location the damage was already done. Everything was gone except a single cabinet with the expected kids' and AAA titles.

It was fun while it lasted. I got some great deals over the last few years. Sears clearence, ye will be missed.

[quote name='JayRooster']Sears in northeast has a clearance section? I went there like 3 weeks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance.[/QUOTE]

They used to have a couple of wire bins in the isles the last time I went maybe 2 months ago. They had a half a dozen PSP-3000 for about $75. Since most of the clearance has been sold everything else is back in the glass cabinets and on the back shelf along the wall. There is no clearance section however many of their games are Clearance tagged. Yesterday I picked up from Hurst:

Homefront :ps3: $4.97 (1 left)
Enchanted Arms w/ Novella :360: $4.97 (1 left)
Darksiders :360: $9.97 (last copy)

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']They used to have a couple of wire bins in the isles the last time I went maybe 2 months ago. They had a half a dozen PSP-3000 for about $75. Since most of the clearance has been sold everything else is back in the glass cabinets and on the back shelf along the wall. There is no clearance section however many of their games are Clearance tagged. Yesterday I picked up from Hurst:

Homefront :ps3: $4.97 (1 left)
Enchanted Arms w/ Novella :360: $4.97 (1 left)
Darksiders :360: $9.97 (last copy)[/QUOTE]

Did you see any other notable PS3 games on clearance?

Only game I noticed with a September sticker was Madden 12 for PS3 at $24.97.

They finally decided to start dropping some of the hand helds though.

Red Nintendo DS XLi $89.97
PSP core system $97.49

Half tempted by the DS, but I'm not sure how much I would actually use it. I'll just hold off.

That sounds like me with the PSP Go, Invicta. I used it a TON when I was laid up with a bad case of the gout about 3-4 months ago, but if I've turned the one I cracked open on for more than 30 minutes in the last month then it's a miracle.

I should just restore it and offer it on here for like $80 or something. At least get it out of the house and make a lil scratch on it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That sounds like me with the PSP Go, Invicta. I used it a TON when I was laid up with a bad case of the gout about 3-4 months ago, but if I've turned the one I cracked open on for more than 30 minutes in the last month then it's a miracle.

I should just restore it and offer it on here for like $80 or something. At least get it out of the house and make a lil scratch on it.[/QUOTE]
Not to get off topic too much but I have gout too. People dont understand the excruciating and debilitating pain that comes with that!

[quote name='JKSonic'] Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.[/QUOTE]

On the books they are considered seperate companies (before being compiled into the finacials) and would require a sale/purchase between entites, if the volume is high enough would require disclosure, tax effects, and probably more administrative + labor costs than it is worth.

I found a couple copies of Pokemon Rumble Blast 3DS on a clearance table for 14.97. It was a hand written sticker, but came up automatically on the register.

I saw a handwritten tag for Skyward Sword at $24.97 at the Desert Sky Sears in Phoenix but passed since I already had a $15 copy from Best Buy.

How did IATCG get banned?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHelix']I saw a handwritten tag for Skyward Sword at $24.97 at the Desert Sky Sears in Phoenix but passed since I already had a $15 copy from Best Buy.

How did IATCG get banned?[/QUOTE]

Because he's a bad Mofo !!! :lol:

Picked up Blur :ps3: in Lewisville for $4.97. All glass gaming cases have been taken down save for one which holds PS3 and 360 consoles only. No more Nintendo or Sony handhelds. They had a wire bin with a bunch of Phillips HDMI cables @ $4.97 each and some car cell phone accessories ranging from $1.97 to $3.97 each. They had 1 Sports Champions Move bundle for $59.97 and there were some PS3, 360, Wii, DS and PSP titles as well. They also have a clearance DVD rack filled with Wii, PS3 and 360 games. An employee told me they had a bunch of boxes full of games that they were sending back and he let me rummage through them but it was all the newest stuff that is still full price. He said they are sending everything back and that they (Warehouse I'm assuming) will go through it all and send limited supply of the newest titles back to store and probably sell the rest online. Apparently, moving forward they will only carry about 5 units of each AAA title and once they are gone then thats it. Sad too see all the DFW stores finally downsizing :( I might have to go back for a couple of those HDMI's.

[quote name='TheHelix']Was it some more bromance between him and confoosius? :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and some other guy. If you check his post history in the @Gamer thread, you can get an idea of what went down.

And dammit, I keep forgetting to go to Sears to see if they might possibly have something besides Minute To Win It and Where The Wild Things Are on sale for once. By the time I remember, my wife is already at work with the van.

bread's done
Back