OnLive Sale Thread-Mafia II $3.50, LOTR: WN Deal

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
I figured I would start an all-purpose thread for OnLive sales since they are very frequent. It can just be updated with the current sales.

PlayPack Subscribers receive an additional 30% off on all games.

To keep up to date with all the OnLive sales as well as information about contests follow @OnLive.

Current Sales:

• Duke Nukem Forever-$39.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99
  • Gene Labs-$2.49 Now $1.99 PlayPack-$1.39
  • Homefront-$49.99 Now $29.99 PlayPack-$20.99
  • Patrician IV: Conquest by Trade-$29.99 Now $19.99 PlayPack-$13.99

$5 Friday Deals:
These deals are every Friday and last for 24 hours. They are $5 and $3.50 for PlayPack subscribers.

Current Deal: Mafia II

Prior Deals:

• 09/02/11: Metro 2033
  • 08/26/11: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
  • 08/19/11: Aliens vs. Predator
  • 08/12/11: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2
  • 08/05/11: Darksiders
  • 07/29/11: Just Cause 2
  • 07/22/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 07/15/11: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
  • 07/08/11: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • 06/24/11: MX vs. ATV Reflex
  • 06/17/11: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
  • 06/10/11: The Ball
  • 06/03/11: Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • 05/20/11: NBA 2K10
  • 05/13/11: Remington Super Slam: Hunting
  • 05/06/11: Dark Void
  • 04/22/11: Mafia II
  • 04/15/11: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • 04/08/11: Unreal Tournament III
Pre-Order Deals:

• Batman: Arkham City-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Free Coupon Code)
  • Saint's Row: The Third-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99 (Includes Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine-$49.99 PlayPack-$34.99
Free Game/Console Code Info:
OnLive will be offering a free game of your choice or MicroConsole with the pre-order of Lord of the Rings: War in the North. The pre-order price of the games is $49.99 or $34.99 for PlayPack subscribers.

• OnLive charges immediately for pre-orders.
  • The free game or free MicroConsole coupon code for Lord of the Rings: War in the North expires October 1, 2011.
  • The free game coupon code cannot be used for pre-orders.
  • If you choose the MicroConsole you must pay an additional $10 shipping and handling.
  • The console comes with 1 controller, 2 batteries, rechargeable battery pack, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable.

About OnLive:
OnLive is instant gaming. No need to download games or have expensive equipment. OnLive has an extensive library of "PlayPack" games which are playable for a monthly fee of $9.99. On top of this they offer PlayPasses in which you can rent a game for 3 or 5 days or you can buy a full PlayPass to have the game.

To play OnLive all you need to do is simply download the player is simply register a free account at Onlive.com and download the program which takes only a minute. The OnLive player is PC and Mac ready. For those who prefer console gaming, OnLive has a system available for purchase for $100 or pre-order certain games and use your free coupon to get one for only $10 shipping and handling. Once you have the console or player ready you can play free trials of any game you wish to test the service out. No commitment needed.

For more information about the service check out OnLive's information page.

F
ree MicroConsoles:
For those who attend either Pax Prime or Eurogamer: OnLive will be giving out Microconsoles to those who stop by their booth.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']Was able to get Space Marine for $8.75 last night. Awesome deals as always from Onlive.[/QUOTE]

How did you pull that off?

[quote name='Punisher138']How did you pull that off?[/QUOTE]

The 75% code after the 30% off for being a Playback member.

Aka, $49.99 - $15 (30% playback bundle discount) = $34.99
$34.99 - $26.25 (75% off code for any gamepass that was offered last week) = $8.75 for the game.

[quote name='nightmare452']The 75% code after the 30% off for being a Playback member.

Aka, $49.99 - $15 (30% playback bundle discount) = $34.99
$34.99 - $26.25 (75% off code for any gamepass that was offered last week) = $8.75 for the game.[/QUOTE]

I thought that code was expired. Are you talking about the Croft code??

Hey guys, long time CAG lurker, first time poster here.

I just recently got a laptop and one of the first things I wanted to try out was OnLive. It definitely isn't a gaming laptop at all, so OnLive is an amazing thing for me. I have only been able to try the demos so far, but I am loving what I am playing.

I noticed that you guys seem to have an active little OnLive community here, so I figured I would throw my playertag out there for you guys in case you wanted to add someone else to your list.

Playertag: BFBBTouchMahButt

I do have a question for you guys, though. Anyone planning on picking up Lord of the Rings: War in the North? The 35 dollar price point is pretty tempting, plus the free game of course. I think I want to pre-order it, but only if I would have a co op partner. It seems to be the kind of game you would have more fun with if you had someone to play it with.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Hey guys, long time CAG lurker, first time poster here.

I just recently got a laptop and one of the first things I wanted to try out was OnLive. It definitely isn't a gaming laptop at all, so OnLive is an amazing thing for me. I have only been able to try the demos so far, but I am loving what I am playing.

I noticed that you guys seem to have an active little OnLive community here, so I figured I would throw my playertag out there for you guys in case you wanted to add someone else to your list.

Playertag: BFBBTouchMahButt

I do have a question for you guys, though. Anyone planning on picking up Lord of the Rings: War in the North? The 35 dollar price point is pretty tempting, plus the free game of course. I think I want to pre-order it, but only if I would have a co op partner. It seems to be the kind of game you would have more fun with if you had someone to play it with.[/QUOTE]

A few pages back it was talked about. As I seem to recall a few people said they were getting it and a couple of people were on the fence about getting it. I may get it but I am one of those people on the fence.

I will friend request you when I get on my console later.

[quote name='GenPirate']A few pages back it was talked about. As I seem to recall a few people said they were getting it and a couple of people were on the fence about getting it. I may get it but I am one of those people on the fence.

I will friend request you when I get on my console later.[/QUOTE]

I beat you to the punch and sent you a friend request.:D
I also went ahead and Pre-ordered LOTR, I just couldn't pass up the free game offer. If the game ends up being bad, it is more like I got a bad free game with my 35 dollar Space Marine ;)

Really thinking about the LOTR game, but not entirely sure what id pick as the free game right now. Half interested in Space Marine but that's really about it right now. If the Witcher 2 or Dead Island were available id go in for sure, but without a 2nd game I really want I'm gonna wait

I pre-ordered LOTR to get a free Onlive console. Works WAY WYAWYWYWYWYAY better then Onlive on my netbook.

I forgot about OnLive rentals. I'll probably rent Space Marine this weekend. I'm not into multiplayer so once a games over then meh why not just have it as a rental.

Interested to see what Fridays deal is and if any other Coupons are coming out. Snagged metro 2033 for 5 bucks before I preordered the console.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']I beat you to the punch and sent you a friend request.:D
I also went ahead and Pre-ordered LOTR, I just couldn't pass up the free game offer. If the game ends up being bad, it is more like I got a bad free game with my 35 dollar Space Marine ;)[/QUOTE]

About to get on and accept it. I would also recommend that you try to get an OnLive console with your next preorder (whenever that may be). A lot of people, including myself, seem to really like the console. You can play the OnLive PC only games on it too. All you would have to do is plug in a mouse and keyboard into the USB slots on the console

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GenPirate']About to get on and accept it. I would also recommend that you try to get an OnLive console with your next preorder (whenever that may be). A lot of people, including myself, seem to really like the console. You can play the OnLive PC only games on it too. All you would have to do is plug in a mouse and keyboard into the USB slots on the console[/QUOTE]

I would get a console if I had an HDTV. I believe the console only works with HDTVs at the moment, correct? Or is there an adapter I can purchase for Standard Definition?

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']I would get a console if I had an HDTV. I believe the console only works with HDTVs at the moment, correct? Or is there an adapter I can purchase for Standard Definition?[/QUOTE]

https://www.onlive.com/store/order

Sadly it's 30 dollars though (not including shipping). You can also get the adapters yourself from an electronics store and hardwire it yourself.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']$5 Friday Deal - Unreal Tournament 3

Onlive Trine US Code: MTHOWOWY
Onlive Trine UK Code: MPJOVGWR

Enjoy!;)
[/QUOTE]

Redeemed the US code, thanks a bunch. :)

Also, anyone planning on picking up Unreal Tournament 3? The 3.50 price point is tempting, but when I tried it out the online multiplayer seemed pretty dead. Also, you get it in the playpass, so I think I will pass.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Redeemed the US code, thanks a bunch. :)

Also, anyone planning on picking up Unreal Tournament 3? The 3.50 price point is tempting, but when I tried it out the online multiplayer seemed pretty dead. Also, you get it in the playpass, so I think I will pass.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I just canceled my PlayPack subscription for the time being and although I do plan on resubscribing in the near future that means I wont be getting UT3.

Today's deal is Red Faction: Guerrilla so its their $5 Friday deal as well as part of the THQ sale which kinda stinks. $3.50 with the playpack subscribtion is a great price though, if I didnt have it already. Hoping that Onlive can secure some more big releases at their launches like they were able to with Duke Nukem and Deus Ex, Space Marine and a few more coming up soon

The deal today is Red Faction: Armageddon for 75% off, 82% off for subscribers. It came out to $8.75 for me since I'm a subscriber.

[quote name='Soaper']Does onlive do midnight releases? I'm chomping at the bit to play Batman AC[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yes. I pre-ordered Deus Ex and it was available to play at midnight.

Also, $5 Fridays appears to be coming to an end. Onlive will have a new game for $5 every day this week. Get them while you can!

Today's deal is for Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga. I passed on this when it was on sale last month (I believe it was last month!), so I will definitely pick this up on the $5 sale along with my playpack discount, I can't pass it up for $3.50.

[quote name='mattyice11']From OnLive's official twitter:

"If OnLive gets to 62,791 FB fans on Sat, US players get their next game for $1!"[/QUOTE]

Nice. will definitely pimp this one out.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned or covered in another thread, but today's deal is Braid for $5.

bread's done
Back