OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they finished building out in the area or what, but Sprint went from being absolutely horrible to being pretty good the past two days. I now get LTE on my nexus 5 in a lot of places I wasn't.

You'll get an xbone eventually down the line. That game looks like crap anyway.
No it doesn't. The amount of shit going on and lack of load times is absolutely insane. Music and I both think the game looks really good. If you liked the previous dead rising games you will like this one. It shits on those games.

One of the best things I found in the game is that bad boys plays when you go into the liquor store.

I'd rather have 1080p/60 frames and the amount of zombies in it from 1/2.  I don't give a shit about how many zombies that can cram on screen now.  It looks like a last gen game.

AC4 was 1080p/60 frames, I think Watch Dogs will be too.  It's going to be the new standard, finally.

Feels good to be home. Spent the last two weeks basically cut off from society in a little Arizona town. Couldn't even get a USA today paper around there. fuck that place.

I thought Dead Rising 3 looked pretty good, plus it was awesome how many zombies are on the screen at once, and then blowing them all up with a bomb.

It looks great to me. I don't like that you can save anywhere, though. The time restraints and restroom saving was a really cool and challenging design choice.

Come on, Trakan.  You know you'd love to tear that up co-op style.

Trakan retroactively hates dead rising because it has zombies in it. Trakan hates everything that has zombies except resident evil.

He also hates how buildings have windows.

Jeez guys, it's been ten years. Can't believe it's already 2014.

How's everybody doin' up in this OTT?

I remember the FIRST OTTs!

Damn kids, get off my lawn.

Somebody needs to save Iron Man from his shitty villains in these movies. I finished Iron Man 3 and I don't have a clue what the Mandarin was at all. He just seemed to be a guy that could heat up his body and breathe fire.
Nerd Cap on:

Actually, that was Fing Fang Foom (supposedly). The Mandarin was the Terrorist on TV. In the Comics, the Mandarin is a Mythic Badass who has rings given to him by Celestials from Outer Space. And Fin Fang Foom is a Dragon. Yeah, IM3 bastardized the hell out of them.

Nerd Cap on:

Actually, that was Fing Fang Foom (supposedly). The Mandarin was the Terrorist on TV. In the Comics, the Mandarin is a Mythic Badass who has rings given to him by Celestials from Outer Space. And Fin Fang Foom is a Dragon. Yeah, IM3 bastardized the hell out of them.
And weren't those two usually paired together? (I never read Iron Man as a kid.) The changes worked for the movie. It made things allot more accesible. The wife who had never seen a Marvel movie or read a comic book really enjoyed the movie.

Morning, OTT.

Pffffft...

-

If anyone has some action figures they want to dump off in bulk, let me know. I'll make a cash offer.
I have 90+ bankers boxes full of Star Wars figures and vehicles from the mid-90's Power of the Force 2 Line thru and including the 30th Anniversary Collection. I think I have most of them between those lines, probably missing a variant or 3. The one I know I don't have is the 'Battle Amidala'. But I do have 'Sio Bibble and the 'Swimming Jar Jar'. I have an AT-AT, 2 Millenuim Falcons and The Royal Naboo Ship (still makes sounds when I move the box) among others. I quit collecting midway thru the 30th Anniversary because of the 4th Han Solo figure released that year was exactly the same as the other 3, just in a different package.

For reference of the lines: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hasbro

Is that Bulk enough? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 23, windchill 15 this morning when I had to go to class at 6:45.  I live in Florida, what is this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pacific NW. 45 and raining. Every day. All winter. 
Actually, we're in a drought and are way below average rainfall and snowpack levels.

Long shot, but would anyone here want to trade Skyrim for the PS3 for my 360 copy?

Morning, OTT.

I have 90+ bankers boxes full of Star Wars figures and vehicles from the mid-90's Power of the Force 2 Line thru and including the 30th Anniversary Collection. I think I have most of them between those lines, probably missing a variant or 3. The one I know I don't have is the 'Battle Amidala'. But I do have 'Sio Bibble and the 'Swimming Jar Jar'. I have an AT-AT, 2 Millenuim Falcons and The Royal Naboo Ship (still makes sounds when I move the box) among others. I quit collecting midway thru the 30th Anniversary because of the 4th Han Solo figure released that year was exactly the same as the other 3, just in a different package.

For reference of the lines: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hasbro

Is that Bulk enough? :rofl:
Haha. Dang!

I used to collect Star Wars figures from 96 to about 99. Kinda sucks that they're not worth a whole lot, but I kinda wanted to hold onto them anyway.

Graduate school is expensive, so here's a list of my Criterion DVDs I'm looking to sell.  I haven't really looked up the value of any of them.  Asterisk is sealed.  "Old box" are those almost 2 DVD case wide cases, that have two openings.  From what I can tell older releases were eventually upgraded to regular size DVD cases, so those are the ones I have that aren't.

8 ½ (old box)

Alphaville*

Branded to Kill*

Chungking Express

Cronos*

Diabolique*

Gomorrah*

Homicide*

Kagemusha (old box)

Kicking and Screaming*

Le Samourai*

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters

Peeping Tom

Pierrot le Fou

Ran* (old box)

Rififi*

Salo*

The Darjeeling Limited*

The Great Dictator*

The Life Aquatic

The Seventh Seal

The Third Man

Traffic (old box) (not Trafic)

Trafic* (not Traffic)

Vengeance is Mine

Videodrome

Yojimbo

You stay in Gainesville for grad school?
Yeah, I'm staying at Florida and going to the business school for my masters. One semester of undergrad left, but I finished my degree classes so I'm taking the first semester of grad courses now and they'll count for the rest of my undergrad credits also.

I collected Star Wars figures from when Revenge of the Sith came out to about 3 years ago. Got way too expensive plus didnt have the space for it. I actually went through my room collecting all of them to put in my garage and I had at least 3-4 garbage bags full of unopened figures.

You on that quad now?
Not yet. You liking it, Shoe-on Awwwr?

-

This is one of the crowned jewels from my action figure collection:

24y8uu1.jpg

Last edited:
I collected Star Wars figures from when Revenge of the Sith came out to about 3 years ago. Got way too expensive plus didnt have the space for it. I actually went through my room collecting all of them to put in my garage and I had at least 3-4 garbage bags full of unopened figures.
You're bending the cards and denting the blister pack! :whee:

It is a He-Mang body.

I have the complete set.  They're really funny knock-offs.

Last edited:
Find anything yet?

edit: never mind, that link worked. Just had to use it on the mobile site. Thanks bioshocked.
I got it to work later, too.

I spilled coffee on my computer and killed my mac. I'm now using a low end Windows 8 machine. I'm still trying to get used to it, but 8 is growing on me. I hate all non-Mac trackpads.

I got it to work later, too.

I spilled coffee on my computer and killed my mac. I'm now using a low end Windows 8 machine. I'm still trying to get used to it, but 8 is growing on me. I hate all non-Mac trackpads.
After owning a MBP, absolutely this.

Spelunky is on sale for PS+

It's listed as a Vita title but has cross-buy. I don't own a Vita and never plan to, does it just download both PS3 and Vita copies?

I believe it just means you get the license and ability to download both.

Also why don't you have a quadruple? You could be playing battlefield with us mang. That shit is hella fun.

I think I do more handheld and mobile gaming these days. There's a lot I'd like to play on my :ps3: but I don't have the two-three hours needed to sit down and play through something.

$400 on a console and $60 for a broken game isn't worth it right now mang. I also barely games as it is right now.
People overstate how broke it is. Trash Zoo Thi Rock and I all have a ton of time in the game. Everyone is closing in on 100 hours or has eclipsed it by a wide margin.

I'd love to have someone to play PS4 with. All the Ragtag CAG's said they were going to switch from MS to Sony and then only me & 1 other got PS4's and the rest of them got XB1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back