OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I figured, just though I'd share.  I had someone I know recently get a new iPhone and she mentioned the same issue with Tiny Death Star.  And IIRC iTunes doesn't back up save game data for some games either on local backups or iCloud.  

I would imagine for those free to play games you could somehow get save files and then get free premium currency if you could load a local save file?  Maybe not.

Hey I saw some talking in another thread about this, and other than OoP anime DVD's what are the DVD's worth decent money reselling? Am I looking for ones that have no Blu-Ray version or really crappy BR versions?

Figured my Chris Benoit DVD would be worth some money but its only about $10 more than all the other WWE DVD's according to Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
We at least warmed up today to about 20 degrees, but I'm looking forward to whenever we can get back above freezing for once. I don't recall ever having a stretch of ridiculously cold days like this before.

I don't think it broke 50 here today, and Tallahassee was supposed to get some snow.  I think they just got sleet, though.

I am offically done with winter after a wrecked car and a busted water pipe.  Bring on the Summer and ridiculous air-conditioning bills!!!

So Sprint is dropping contracts and going to a Framily (not a typo) plan. Unfortunately this also means they're not giving away phones for free any more, instead requiring you to pay for the phone in installments over 24 months.

Your bill also goes down the more people you sign up to your Framily plan, so now I feel sleazy having to hustle others to sign up for Sprint.

I had fun at the Comic Con, even though I didnt go to any of the panels or talk to anyone. Most of it seemed to be people just selling stuff, and if you need a framed Captain America painting on the walls of your home, you've got problems. Or if you need a shirt proclaiming how big your Tardis is....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23646]

Funny, you're shaking Chewbacca's hand, all the while Slave Leia is right next to you looking all "WTF?!?!?"
Well, ever since the restraining order from last year's comic-con...They probably just handed him the chain for the photo and digitally added her in later, as is the George Lucas way. :)

So Sprint is dropping contracts and going to a Framily (not a typo) plan. Unfortunately this also means they're not giving away phones for free any more, instead requiring you to pay for the phone in installments over 24 months.

Your bill also goes down the more people you sign up to your Framily plan, so now I feel sleazy having to hustle others to sign up for Sprint.
I'm holding on to my Verizon unlimited data plan for dear life. No idea what I'm going to do once I want a new phone, I already bought my current one unsubsidized and I don't feel like spending that much again. That sounds pretty shitty, though. Does Sprint drop the subsidy fees after the phone is paid off? Or is that pay-per-month type plan taking the spot of the subsidy fees? I haven't really kept up once all the carriers started implementing that type of pay schedule.

I'm holding on to my Verizon unlimited data plan for dear life. No idea what I'm going to do once I want a new phone, I already bought my current one unsubsidized and I don't feel like spending that much again. That sounds pretty shitty, though. Does Sprint drop the subsidy fees after the phone is paid off? Or is that pay-per-month type plan taking the spot of the subsidy fees? I haven't really kept up once all the carriers started implementing that type of pay schedule.
I don't know about the subsidy fees. I think our bill is set up just to pay automatically. I almost never look at it. It comes with unlimited talk and text and 1 gig of data. We're also on the home wi-fi or work, so we don't come even close to using up the whole gig. I don't know why you'd need unlimited data unless you didnt have internet at home.

I don't know about the subsidy fees. I think our bill is set up just to pay automatically. I almost never look at it. It comes with unlimited talk and text and 1 gig of data. We're also on the home wi-fi or work, so we don't come even close to using up the whole gig. I don't know why you'd need unlimited data unless you didnt have internet at home.
I don't think I really *need* unlimited data, but I've become so used to using Spotify Mobile to listen to music almost constantly on campus/in my car, so I think at my current usage I'd be over any of the capped plans. I'm sure I could alter my habits, though.

--

I just started watching Breaking Bad again last night after only watching it through once, just watched the first two episodes. Man, I almost got even more feels than I did watching the finale, seeing how everything used to be. :'c

I'm using Google Play (I uploaded all my songs to the cloud) and listen to music at work when I can. 3-4 hours of music  a few times a week, but I'm always on the work wi-fi (Wi-Fi is usually faster than 3G) so I don't have a excessive need for data. Even all the apps I do (Simpsons, Puzzle Quest, etc) I'm usually playing at home or work, so same issue.

I use some where between 5 and 10. Don't work in an office.

might have to watch the game from bed. had a fever of 100.7 last nigght. sore throat and lost my voice today.

I don't normally give a shit about the half-time show. When Prince did the Superbowl that was cool. But this half-time show with Bruno Mars is off the hook!

I don't normally give a shit about the half-time show. When Prince did the Superbowl that was cool. But this half-time show with Bruno Mars is off the hook!
They did well in not letting Kiedis sing anything and burying him in the mix whenever he did anything vocally. He would have single-handedly wrecked the entire set with his off-key wailing had RHCP done a song on their own.

We have a big snowstorm starting tomorrow night that is supposed to bring 6-10 inches of snow overnight. It's like we're not allowed to have a break from the snow or freezing temperatures.

After nine years at Target, I need something new. I have a job interview tomorrow morning for a non-retail business that will hopefully appreciate my sales experience. Fingers crossed.

The Escape Plan movie is out today, I need to rent it from redbox. I wanted to check it out at the movies but that one was in and out of there with the quickness.

If you're a light data user you should check out ting. They use Sprints network and their price structure is really cool. There is no set plan, everyone's minutes, texts, and data is pooled together and you get charged for whatever you use. If you need the latest and greatest phone thought this probably won't work since their agreement with Sprint only allows them to activate phones that have been out for a year. So you can't use a Galaxy s4 yet on ting.

https://ting.com/rates

and here's a referral link if anyone wants to use it. Save up to $25 off of your first bill.

https://zlo9q32qh85.ting.com/

so did anybody else on the east coast take a snow day from work today?  I did and I'm actually looking forward to going back to the office tomorrow...

That's assuming it even ends up happening. I don't think they signed an actual deal for it yet. He'll probably end up fighting someone like Screech or Vanilla Ice.

The whole idea is dumb and is simply trying to race bait. Zimmerman should get his ass kicked, but more to the point he should be in jail. I don't see how this fight is a good idea.

I really wonder how crazy he was prior to the whole shooting incident.  I imagine he might have always had a tiny screw loose, but when you lethally/legally defend yourself, the facts of which are misconstrued and inconsequential to many, and become the center focus of a race war, and every action you make is under a microscope.  That's enough to many anyone start making Lindsay Lohan intelligence level decisions.

Second day of the Portland metro area being shut down due to 6 inch of snow. Snowmaggedon 2014! 5 hours of non stop weather and traffic coverage! Pleas for citizens not to abandon their vehicles!

Yeah, that boxing match is off:

The promoter for the event took to Twitter Saturday afternoon to officially cancel the event ... and said he finally realized there's "more to life then money."

The promoter adds, "Just looked at my son and daughter today wow I'm so lucky those people must be in so much pain ... all you people are right."
Strange choice of words to use "those people".

Need to work on paying the taxes tonight. I've done it myself online for the past few years now. Much better than paying someone in a temporary kiosk somewhere $150 to do it.

I just went to order something from Amazon for the first time this year, and I realized they started charging tax for my state. 2014 seemed so far away when they announced it way back when.

Need to work on paying the taxes tonight. I've done it myself online for the past few years now. Much better than paying someone in a temporary kiosk somewhere $150 to do it.
My sister in law had her taxes done professionally a couple years ago. They accidentally forgot to add in her W-2's for her main job. She didn't realize it since they did everything. She got audited a few months later and obviously owed a ton of money. She didn't have it anymore because she had other bills to pay. H&R Block paid for the penalty fees, but she was up shit's creek when trying to pay back all the taxes she owed.

I just went to order something from Amazon for the first time this year, and I realized they started charging tax for my state. 2014 seemed so far away when they announced it way back when.
Oh boy...I'll observe a moment of silence for you. :whistle2:(

6"-10" of more snow tonight...Fun.  :wall:

Good thing I got to carry over 7 days vacation from last year because after tomorrow, I'll be up to Day 4 missed.

The best part of this winter is that it's been so cold, I can go outside when it's 15 degrees and say to myself "it doesnt feel so bad today."

Trying to transition from carrying my wallet from the back pocket to the front pocket. Feels weird, man.
All I can think of is that episode of Seinfeld with George's Wallet and Jerry switched to the Manbag.

the-costanza-wallet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back