OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter is coming!

DUEzCie0Tlom7qLcz5yD_BgT2R8sCUAAE2E2.jpg

It looks like we're going to miss the big snowstorm and the extended forecast says it'll get up in the 50s by the end of next week, so we may get rid of the big piles of snow around here soon enough.

Trying to transition from carrying my wallet from the back pocket to the front pocket. Feels weird, man.
I never understood people carrying their wallets in their back pocket. Aside from trying to sit on it, at least to me, it just feels much safer being in a front pocket.

The 3-6 inches of snow we got just crippled the NW over the weekend.  And now, it's all gone. So many emails about work about closures, and then the congratulatory notices for people "braving the conditons", and how to clock properly if you couldn't make it in.

I drove in a Kia Rio just fine. Having 15 years of Anchorage driving experience tends to help.

Now to finish paying off my taxes while listening to 70s era Miles Davis.

The 3-6 inches of snow we got just crippled the NW over the weekend. And now, it's all gone. So many emails about work about closures, and then the congratulatory notices for people "braving the conditons", and how to clock properly if you couldn't make it in.

I drove in a Kia Rio just fine. Having 15 years of Anchorage driving experience tends to help.

Now to finish paying off my taxes while listening to 70s era Miles Davis.
I saw a video from Portland local news where they were freaking out about what looked like maybe a couple inches. The field reporter started talking to this couple that were out running, and they were saying it was the perfect surface for running. They took off jogging after the interview, and the girl just completely eats it on the ice. It was pretty hilarious because they seemed extra pretentious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UPTt6MgsOt8

The woman claimed to be from NYC, not Portland. But the smug attitude, outfits (Can't go running without the right clothes!), and general obliviousness is pure Portland.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UPTt6MgsOt8

The woman claimed to be from NYC, not Portland. But the smug attitude, outfits (Can't go running without the right clothes!), and general obliviousness is pure Portland.
Hahaha, that was a great video.

I hate it when it's snowing out and you see all those people running or biking or whatever. Great, you're getting exercise, not letting the weather get to you, good for you.....but now you're a fucking traffic hazard because you can't run on the sidewalk for some reason, and with all the snow and ice you're even further into the road. And I guarantee if you get hit your first thought is, "What is wrong with that driver,' and not why the fuck you're in the middle of a road covered in ice and snow.

She sounds like a cool chick if you check out her deadspin interview and her posts in the comment section of the video.
I never understood people carrying their wallets in their back pocket. Aside from trying to sit on it, at least to me, it just feels much safer being in a front pocket.
That how I was told to carry a wallet as a kid so I just did and never really thought about it. My friend once had a female try to take his wallet from his back pocket in a bar once.

It feels un-natural if I sit down in the car and my wallets not in my back pocket.  That's how I realize I forgot it inside.

Whenever i sit down, I turn my pants in a way where my wallet is wedged in my b. crack like a middle school doorstop. The elevation gives me a better line of sight, and my money always smells like poopy.

Last edited:
Girlfriend got nailed from behind, while accelerating, by a drunk driver tonight.  Then he u-turned, drove across a lane of traffic, sideswiped a van with a family in it and hit a tree.  People.

Drunk drivers always get pissed off because, "This is bullshit, I'm not even THAT drunk.  I'm not going to hurt anyone."  They always have this disconnect with reality of them vs. every other drunk person in the world/criminal.  When the police say you could have killed a family because of your actions, they aren't over exaggerating.

Statistics show that every year DUI arrests go up, the average amount of road fatalities go down.  It is estimated that for every 100 DUI arrests, one life is saved.

You know, The Lego Movie was surprisingly really good. Action, humor, a decent message. And that damn song is still stuck in my head.

Why does my CAG profile have 8,000+ views?

Frisky has an assload, too.

You know, The Lego Movie was surprisingly really good. Action, humor, a decent message. And that damn song is still stuck in my head.
I couldn't stay awake during that movie. Starting eating some skittles but I still kept dozing off. I didn't like that floozy at the end though
how she leaves Batman to go with the other dude. It reminded me of that girl in Varsity Blues who tried to get with James Van Der Beek, saying that she wasn't dating the other dude, she was dating the starting quarterback.

Why does my CAG profile have 8,000+ views?

Frisky has an assload, too.
I use Frisky's profile to get to the PSN+ thread. Usually I'd subscribe to the thread but that one is like a mini GGT thread.

is anyone else watching True Detective? That last episode was awesome. Almost topped that six minute tracking shot that ended the previous episode.

I watched the Nolan Batman trilogy again these last few days and it's a good thing they stopped after three because that last one was weak.

I really hated how batman was apparently completely inactive in between Dark Night and Rises.  So all in all Batman was only active for a couple of years at most?

I hate that Steam coupons are not marketable, at least in the sense of letting you put it up there for free so somebody that could use it could take it off my hands. That said, if anybody here wants one of my two coupons for 10% off Toki Tori 2+ or my 25% off coupon for Broken Age, I'll gladly trade it to you.

If I played consoles more I would get a Wii U, as someone who enjoys mobile gaming more than consoles these days the game pad is just awesome.  Not a whole lot of range, but still, being able to walk around with it, lay on the couch, whatever, and people can also watch TV, is just super convenient.

I just wish it was priced for less. I will grab one once it is 200 with a decent pack in game. I really want to play the new Mario game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back