OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you used to love RPG's and now don't have the time to play them but you'll watch the show if it's on, but won't go out of your way to watch it

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about getting Stick of Truth, but honestly can't justify 60 bucks on a game where the average run is like 10-12 hours.  Ended up getting TitanFall for PC today.  Installed but yet to play

I was gonna get Stick of Truth right away but I heard it's short and glitchy, which kinda sucks.  I still really want to play it but I think I'll wait a little.

In other news, I got officially accepted to grad school the other day, so that's nice.  3 more semesters and I'm finally done.

I was gonna get Stick of Truth right away but I heard it's short and glitchy, which kinda sucks. I still really want to play it but I think I'll wait a little.

In other news, I got officially accepted to grad school the other day, so that's nice. 3 more semesters and I'm finally done.
Congrats on grad school!

I did all but 1 quest in South Park and only had the game freeze once. This was on a Slim 360 w/HDD & playing off the disk.

Never encountered ANY of the issues Kotaku talked about.

What if you used to love RPG's and now don't have the time to play them but you'll watch the show if it's on, but won't go out of your way to watch it
Then get it. I loved it and hadn't watched the show in years except for the Black Friday trilogy as I don't have Pay TV & Comedy Central shows aren't really available anywhere (I just started subscribing to Hulu Plus but don't watch a ton of TV, just a little bit.)

Surprised NCSU made the tournament. I believe this is the second time in three years that they are the last team to make it in. Hopefully this year goes more like 2012 and not 2013. Turner is going to need to play well for State to go anywhere.

NCSU played a strong schedule and won 3 road games vs top 50 RPI teams. That seemed to put them over the top. They also closed strong.

I don't know how much they would factor it in, but state lost a ton of games by a bucket.

My San Diego State Aztecs! Well, maybe just til the elite eight.
Potential tough matchup against Arizona, if Arizona gets there. The Wildcats are playing good D, but cant shoot a lick! Get cold at the wrong time and it could be an early exit.

Go Gators, we need it after a dismal football season.
If they are athletic enough to keep up with VCU, they have a legit Final 4 shot.

Have you played Hearthstone any more now that it's "officially released," 83?  It's pretty disappointing that they pushed it out with bugs and stuff still.

Have you played Hearthstone any more now that it's "officially released," 83? It's pretty disappointing that they pushed it out with bugs and stuff still.
I have not tried it since "live". Yeah, I hear lots of people are getting disconnect bugs, terrible lag and some of the cards still seem overpowered. I think once the newness wears off, the lag will correct itself. its everyone trying to win 5 arena matches for a free World of Warcraft mount thats causing a lot of it, i think.

I have not tried it since "live". Yeah, I hear lots of people are getting disconnect bugs, terrible lag and some of the cards still seem overpowered. I think once the newness wears off, the lag will correct itself. its everyone trying to win 5 arena matches for a free World of Warcraft mount thats causing a lot of it, i think.
Yeah, there's also still stacking card bugs that stack cards on top of one another in your hand, which have been around since the closed beta... in a game that relies so much on randomness at times, it's really infuriating to lose because of a bug that doesn't let you play your hand correctly. They just nerfed two of the most ubiquitous legendary cards, although there's still a few other cards that will probably be changed (Unleash the Hounds and probably Cairne?) before all is said and done. I was hoping they'd be done with it by official release but I don't think they can leave UTH and Starving Buzzard the way they are right now.

I dunno, I never got into Magic or anything so maybe that's why but I've really been enjoying it.

In other Blizzard news I've been reading that the Loot 2.0 patch for Diablo 3 really improved the loot system and made the game a lot more fun. I think I might have to go back to that one now.

Has CAG traffic dropped as a whole, or am I just remembering the good old OTT days?  It seems like all of the different sections have dropped in traffic from a few years back.

Yeah, there's also still stacking card bugs that stack cards on top of one another in your hand, which have been around since the closed beta... in a game that relies so much on randomness at times, it's really infuriating to lose because of a bug that doesn't let you play your hand correctly. They just nerfed two of the most ubiquitous legendary cards, although there's still a few other cards that will probably be changed (Unleash the Hounds and probably Cairne?) before all is said and done. I was hoping they'd be done with it by official release but I don't think they can leave UTH and Starving Buzzard the way they are right now.

I dunno, I never got into Magic or anything so maybe that's why but I've really been enjoying it.

In other Blizzard news I've been reading that the Loot 2.0 patch for Diablo 3 really improved the loot system and made the game a lot more fun. I think I might have to go back to that one now.
Yeah 2.0 has done an amazing job with DIII. Its what DIII should have been at launch. Much more fun to play, IMO.

Has CAG traffic dropped as a whole, or am I just remembering the good old OTT days? It seems like all of the different sections have dropped in traffic from a few years back.
The whole site is dead...I can't beleive Cheapy can too happy with the turn of events.

Yeah, cag isn't what it used to be.
--
Some fun basketball yesterday. That giant center from New Mexico st was giving San Diego State a lot of trouble. SDSU can't be playing sloppy like they did in the second half if they want to make some noise this year.

Both 12's win yesterday, a few buzzer beaters and an amazing comback for St. Louis...good day for Round 1!

My day would have been complete, if St. Joes could have pulled that off.  We would have seen the Holy War Tomorrow!  I'd petition the NCAA to move that game to the Palestra in Philadelphia.

I should have went to see the dum dum girls instead of watching state pull a state. They are Charlie Brown and the fucking football.

I fired up the Vita for the first time in a year.  OlliOlli is really fun.  Kind of reminds me of a simpler Trials HD... like Trials HD and Super Meat Boy, but on a skateboard.

actajasrowfmthffdcwu.gif

I know it's probably considered old news by now....

BUT THEY ARE MAKING THE ASSASSINS CREED GAME I ALWAYS WANTED THEM TO MAKE!

French Revolution, baby!

I just hope they don't screw up the story and are historically accurate.

I know it's probably considered old news by now....

BUT THEY ARE MAKING THE ASSASSINS CREED GAME I ALWAYS WANTED THEM TO MAKE!

French Revolution, baby!

I just hope they don't screw up the story and are historically accurate.
Any particular reason you have a special place in your heart for the French Revolution?

Any particular reason you have a special place in your heart for the French Revolution?
It's a the perfect location to do an assassins creed game. It's a city on the cusp of moving from the medieval to the industrial. It's a time rife with political intrigue and rebellion. It has so many periods, from the great famines, to the Revolution, to the Terror, to the Napoleonic era. All of the concepts they've been highlighting in the games are represented in spades in the French Revolution.

The other thing is that people understand so little about the french revolution. What started it? It wasn't just Bastille Day. That was just the result. France went through a series of famines that are possibly the worst in recorded history. People remember the Irish potato famine in which roughly 25% of the Irish population died. There were the great famines in Eastern Europe due to communism. But the famines in France are beyond typical human comprehension. In one year alone it's estimated that a third of the entire french population starved to death. it's not an accident that in Les Miserables Valjean is initially arrested for stealing bread. There were stories of cannibalism and people literally going insane from hunger. And the response of the nobility was to make laws even harsher against the people who were suffering and raise taxes.

It's just a great period to do a game. I'm suprised there haven't been more games set to the French revolution, Russian revolution, and Chinese Revolution.

Russian and Chinese Revolutions are off limits. The right in this country would flip out if a Chinese or Russian communist was portrayed in a positive light. 

If they could put a History of the World Part I reference, that would be sweet.

There was a reference to a Chinese assassin during ACII, and aren't there books or some non-PS3 games that take place in both China and Russia?  Not to mention there are some on the far right have problems with video games in general no matter who the hero.

Russian and Chinese Revolutions are off limits. The right in this country would flip out if a Chinese or Russian communist was portrayed in a positive light.
That's why it would be so great. People have little understanding what it was like to be a Russian or Chinese peasant prior to the revolution. Literally back breaking labor. Exploitation by wealthy land owners. It gives you n understanding why they would see communism as a great hope.

For example, this famous painting was based on Russian reality.

800px-Ilia_Efimovich_Repin_%281844-1930%29_-_Volga_Boatmen_%281870-1873%29.jpg

And this picture was taken thirty years later, in 1900, after that painting was done.

Burlaks_walking.jpg

I work at a Subway right off of I-75, it's such a downer seeing everyone from the midwest on their way to the beaches/Disney for spring break when mine was 2 weeks ago. :'[

We'll still get the Prime Student discount....this year at least.

Went to Ikea today.  Ended up dropping nearly $1100 on a couch w/chaise, ottoman, new kid mattress and various other sundries. Goodbye tax refund.

may want to gold off on prime. Amazon spent the day denying they're going to have a free streaming service. They're set to unveil some sort off device April second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back