Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
  • BioShock 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • BioShock 2 - unlock Distance Hacker - £0.10
  • BioShock 2 - unlock Nose for News - £0.25
  • BioShock 2 - unlock Login - £0.50
All are story related. Go play if you haven't.

• BioShock Infinite - unlock Passionately Reciprocated - £0.25
Anyone know if this unlocks in Battle Arena DLC?

The plan is to get you so involved in playing games, you will forget to check for price glitches every day.
FTFY.

DON'T EMAIL SUPPORT, THEY'LL TAKE EVERYTHING!!

Oh, god, my creditz! They took it all!

Oh well. It was fun. From one pirate to the rest: Godspeed! Take what you can, give nothing back!

d1T3EENDjf-4.png

Woodle Tree Adventures has a bug: Each time I completed the first level I got more berries than I earned before (playing it the second time I got +100, on the third run it was +200 or something like that). Collecting 3000 berries was quite easy that way...
Bug's fixed.

• Heileen1: Sail Away - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heileen1: Sail Away - unlock Dear John - £0.10
  • Heileen1: Sail Away - unlock My best friend Marie - £0.25
  • Heileen1: Sail Away - unlock Aunt Lora - £0.50
If anyone wants to take care of these in less than 15 minutes, this guide tells you which choices to make in order to reach each of the game's three endings. You can also hold the space bar to skip through all the text (thank God).

You kind of spent the review complaining about it. Even you admitted as much:

It might sound as if I abhorred Master Reboot, but in truth I actually enjoyed it to give a cautious recommendation despite its flaws.
Well yeah, it's very flawed and at times I debated whether I could recommend it or not, but ultimately I would say it's worth checking out if it already sounded like something that would interest you.

In any case you don't need to listen to me; check the game out and let me know if you agree with my criticism or not.

From a sneaky guy named djdemarco in the PlayFire Reward Hunters group:

A sneaky, yet very easy, way to get the Superb Strike achievement is to start a new game (I chose Scotland top division as the only league) and add yourself as manager to every team in the league. Put all of the managers on holiday indefinitely and wait until the end of the season awards are announced. Easy money. It does take a little while so set it going whilst you have other things to do or, better still, take the time to complete other rewards achievements in other games while you wait.
Plus, it would probably give you the hattrick and comeback king rewards too of you don't have them.

Does anyone know if the 1 time use coupon for 25% off for linking with playfire allows you to combine with playfire rewards when making a purchase?

Was looking forward to buying Tomb Raider GOTY, but my nigh-$10 in recent rewards haven't come in yet. C'mon Playfire, I unlocked those all in one day, the least you could do is reciprocate the expediency.

From a sneaky guy named djdemarco in the PlayFire Reward Hunters group:

Plus, it would probably give you the hattrick and comeback king rewards too of you don't have them.
Yup, got the hattrick cheev within the first 10 minutes of it running in the background

Yup, got the hattrick cheev within the first 10 minutes of it running in the background
Also just now got the Comeback King cheev. This is taking a while though but it's something you can run in the background easily.

So frustrated trying to get the Monsterkill achievement in Splatter. The game is pretty good, but no matter what I can't get a combo higher than 19x and I've been trying for an unreasonably long time already. Anyone have any suggestions aside from what was mentioned earlier?

Sword of the Stars: The Pit mini-guide

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - unlock Incroyable! - £0.10
You've traveled far enough to walk to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Which I believe is ~1770 steps. Not too hard, you'll probably get this before your first death.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - unlock Bling Master - £0.25
So there are "bio-mods" you can attach to your weapons, they function like gems you can socket into your weapons. AFAIK they are random drops and you need more than one, judging by the picture 5 bio-mods on 1 weapon. Plus the weapon has to have that many socket slots. Probably not achievable unless you play a lot.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - unlock Epic meal time!!! - £0.50
You have to craft the Epic Bacon Sotswich, which takes quite a bit of luck and effort. Easiest if you have the dlc that lets you play the ranger class, since you start out with Tarka bread. Anyway, recipe is as follows. Cooked meat (cook raw meat, fairly common) + Tarka bread + Hiver cheese (dropped by Hiver mobs, 5th floor and lower) = Hero Sotswich. Hero Sotswich + 4x Star Bacon (found in freezers) = Epic Bacon Sotswitch.

That said, I'm really enjoying this game, I fell in love with rogue-likes after FTL and Dungeons of Dredmor, and this one fits nicely in with the other two. It's fairly complex, I'd suggest reading this before getting started as the game doesn't do much in explaining things to you, which seems to be a common theme among rogue-likes. As a general starting tip I'd recommending fighting with your fists for the first few floors, since mobs are weak and your weapons suffer durability/ammo is scarce, while putting points into medical (better healing) and foraging (better loot). 

EDIT:
Stealth Bastard Deluxe mini-guide
Stealth Bastard - unlock Technical Skills - £0.10
Complete Sector 002 - Technical Damage. Shouldn't be all that difficult, if you get stuck, a youtube guide.

Stealth Bastard - unlock Economy Class - £0.25
Apparently you need the teleport chambers DLC, if you do, see this.

Stealth Bastard - unlock Inside Knowledge - £0.50
Read all of the corporate messages. I'm guessing you have to get all the collectibles while clearing the game, so it's up to you if it's worth pursuing. 

Anyone know how to get the "No Friend of Mine" achievement in Cities in Motion 2?

I've tried turning fares all the way up and lowering wages, but the reputation meter doesn't do a damn thing. What am I not getting?
have you tried deleting all your friends from you friends list?

also why is playfire anti-ginger, still no damn rewards from playing their mandatory shitty games selection

oh yay a list of games which most of I beat 2 years ago

fuck playfire

Very tempted to pick up State of Decay, gonna be a buck after credit and trying to think if something else I'd really want might go on sale later (but can only think of 3-4 games MAYBE at best).

Need to see if I have a back-up of Mafia II. Internet went to shit so downloading it will probably take til next week

Excuse me, this might have been asked before. Is there any way to force a "manual" update of the playfire credit to GMG account? I did some achievement yesterday but they won't transfer until tomorrow so I will loose today's deals.

Edit. I opened a support ticket, but they are too slow so that is why I'm asking here.

Excuse me, this might have been asked before. Is there any way to force a "manual" update of the playfire credit to GMG account? I did some achievement yesterday but they won't transfer until tomorrow so I will loose today's deals.

Edit. I opened a support ticket, but they are too slow so that is why I'm asking here.
"buying" the Eve online "free trial" worked for me some time ago.

I'm looking at state of decay. Maybe I'll buy it. I only have about $2.5 transferred, and don't want to spend real money.
I'm at the same case. Don't want to spend real money when I have some rewards pending to be transfered. I hope I can make it before day 6.

Anyone wanna hop on real quick and help me get I Feel Safer Already in Aliens CM? Also, for those who somehow didn't notice, the .50 reward requires the DLC to get - I wish they'd stop doing that.

Anyone wanna hop on real quick and help me get I Feel Safer Already in Aliens CM? Also, for those who somehow didn't notice, the .50 reward requires the DLC to get - I wish they'd stop doing that.
I wouldn't mind to help you but I uninstalled the game because I did not have anyone in my friend list to help me with that achievement. It would take 4 hours or more to install again, I'm really sorry.

I wouldn't mind to help you but I uninstalled the game because I did not have anyone in my friend list to help me with that achievement. It would take 4 hours or more to install again, I'm really sorry.
No problem, I got it now.

If anyone wants to do this some time in the next 5 days or so, just add me on Steam, it literally takes a few seconds to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back