[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

Bloody hell... I only bought most of those two weeks ago in the last Groupees Meridian 4 bundle. :headache:

That only leaves me missing Heileen 2, Stick It to the Man, and Leviathan.

I am not sure how it's possible but I only own one of these... Anyone else doing a group buy?
I will if there's 3 other people who are interested. I bought a 5-pack anyway, have 2 none left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell... I only bought most of those two weeks ago in the last Groupees Meridian 4 bundle. :headache:

That only leaves me missing Heileen 2, Stick It to the Man, and Leviathan.
You and me both. I swear, if I had all the money back I've blown on doubles over the years...I'd probably spend it on more bundles.

I'm missing three, and it's a tempting three.  I'd be missing more if not for that Meridian Mega Groupee.  I'm in for a group slot if anyone has one.

Ugh all I need is Lesbian Simulator 2...

Edit: And that Stick it game and Leviathan actually looks cool. Hrm.

Allrighty. I'm up to host a group buy if necessary, otherwise I'll go in a spot on waabulo's buy.

Ed:

1 - Me

2 - Spodermoob Paid

3 - Honeybaked Ham Paid

4 - Thrakker Paid

5 - Mokmoof

All done.

Sorry to report that I cannot do the group buy right now  as I when I bought what I thought was a group buy (checked the gift box) indie gala now wants me to believe that I am paying $8.04 for a single bundle.  Will update once they return me email to them.

ahh mi dispiace caro. We fixa rightawaya! After we hava little caffè. Anda cannoli. Anda some pasta. Rightawaya, sì.

ahh mi dispiace caro. We fixa rightawaya! After we hava little caffè. Anda cannoli. Anda some pasta. Rightawaya, sì.
So far, it has been over 5 hours ( I bought and emailed prior to posting ). No word from indiegala.

Sorry to report that I cannot do the group buy right now as I when I bought what I thought was a group buy (checked the gift box) indie gala now wants me to believe that I am paying $8.04 for a single bundle. Will update once they return me email to them.
That's what I was afraid would happen when I did my first group buy today. It's too much to ask for a better shopping cart-type function or confirmation screen, right?

I realize that this is ancient news at this point, but I've been going back through past bundles to see if keys have been added since I last checked. In doing so, the Greenlit games that give keys thread over on SPUF has been a valuable resource.

Checking that thread, I noticed Sentinel 3: Homeworld was greenlit and the dev is willing to give out keys if you can email them with proof of purchase. This game appeared in Indie Gala 8 two years ago, which I bought. Unfortunately, I bought it through a group-buy (hosted by Cheallikeafox), so I can't really directly prove that I paid for it. How would people suggest I handle this?

Going off the info in the SPUF thread, it sounds like you need to prove that you paid for it. So I'm not sure that a screen shot of my bundle page would suffice. Has anybody managed to wrangle a key out of this dev?

Is anyone here hosting a monday groupbuy that I can pay with Amazon GC? :D

Nevermind, bought it.

I realize that this is ancient news at this point, but I've been going back through past bundles to see if keys have been added since I last checked. In doing so, the Greenlit games that give keys thread over on SPUF has been a valuable resource.

Checking that thread, I noticed Sentinel 3: Homeworld was greenlit and the dev is willing to give out keys if you can email them with proof of purchase. This game appeared in Indie Gala 8 two years ago, which I bought. Unfortunately, I bought it through a group-buy (hosted by Cheallikeafox), so I can't really directly prove that I paid for it. How would people suggest I handle this?

Going off the info in the SPUF thread, it sounds like you need to prove that you paid for it. So I'm not sure that a screen shot of my bundle page would suffice. Has anybody managed to wrangle a key out of this dev?
lol, all I did was give him the direct link to my IG gift page. I bought it in a group buy. This was back in February though..

There wouldn't happen to be any monday group buy slots still available would there? I knew there was something I meant to do yesterday...

Big giveaway of Indiegala stuff. Please post if you take anything. Enjoy!

Sanctuary RPG Desura - LPCFZ-PHYZ9-KYMUW-3N6VL-CKEP7

Porradoria Upgrade Desura...may be used - JUQZV-S6DEC-T7YDO-3UJIZ-5K3P8

Book of Unwritten Tales Deluxe

Boson X

Call of Juarez

Cloud Chamber

Fester Fudd Episode 1

Fireburst

Gearcrack Arena

Jets'n'Guns Gold

Koya Rift

Mata Hari

Mind: Path to Thalamus

M.U.D. TV

Oniken

Pixel Hunter

Puzzle Kingdoms

Rock of Ages

Shannon Tweed's Attack of the Groupies

Shiny the Firefly

Sweet Lily Dreams

Syberia 2

Truffle Saga

US and THEM

Viscera Cleanup: Santa

Warrior Kings

Zeno Clash 2

Edit: Most are gone cept Syberia 2 and maybe one or 2 that don't seem fully redeemed. Enjoy!

Thanks took
foolofatook.jpg

Big giveaway of Indiegala stuff. Please post if you take anything. Enjoy!

Oniken
Thanks. I'm surprised this wasn't taken. I'll try it out in a bit and edit some thoughts into this post.

EDIT:

I really want to like this one. Really, I do. I'm used to NES brutal difficulty and having to retry levels over and over in a relatively short game. I like the music. I love the art. The level design is solid. The writing uses English a bit too well, but has the appropriate level of cheese.

But the bosses are a problem. Instead of being fast and action packed like the levels, they're execution-heavy pattern loops where you can only squeeze in a few hits per loop at most. In fact, to a lesser extent, that's a problem with almost everything in the game that takes more than two hits. It stops feeling like Ninja Gaiden and starts feeling like Mega Man. And with your limited grenades and short sword range, you don't really have the resources to play Mega Man. You're left either trading hits and probably dying horribly or slowly chipping away at a boss with no visible health bar.

If you don't mind the pacing whiplash, the only other thing in the game worth complaining about is the jump slash. The hitbox doesn't feel quite accurate, but that's something you can learn over time. The bigger issue is that when you connect with it, you sometimes get dragged forward a few pixels. You can fall off a ledge without ever pressing left or right, and that's a terrible design choice in a game where you have limited range and often need to stand near the edge of platforms to hit things.

Overall, it's still okay. But it's so close to being great that I'm really disappointed in the few flaws. As far as retro stuff inspired by old NES games goes, it definitely understands the era and style of game that it wants to be. But it doesn't quite nail it.

bread's done
Back