[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

So, after buying into the Friday Special, I noticed that a few of the games in the bundle were published by StrategyFirst which most of us know avoid bundles like the plague. Wonder if this means they're going to be more open to bundles in the future.
They've been doing that for a few months now.

Damn, looks like another one has fallen silent...

So, I missed that last group buy train, but I'm up for another.  I could host, if that helps.  I've hosted group buys before, but not from Gala.  If anybody is interested, best to speak up quickly, their timer has roughly 3 hours left before .... who knows what they will do when it ends, any more. 

Also, I tried to find Blade on Steam, but his profile was not obvious to me on anybody's friend list.

Last edited by a moderator:
eh.. what happened to him?
I don't remember all the details, but you know the usual. Someone makes a joke, a mod deems it inappropriate and then down comes the silence hammer.

Damn, looks like another one has fallen silent...

So, I missed that last group buy train, but I'm up for another. I could host, if that helps. I've hosted group buys before, but not from Gala. If anybody is interested, best to speak up quickly, their timer has roughly 3 hours left before .... who knows what they will do when it ends, any more.

Also, I tried to find Blade on Steam, but his profile was not obvious to me on anybody's friend list.
Yeah I asked hi for a link to it and I'll post it or send it to you on Steam once I get it.

So, after buying into the Friday Special, I noticed that a few of the games in the bundle were published by StrategyFirst which most of us know avoid bundles like the plague. Wonder if this means they're going to be more open to bundles in the future.
Strategy First games (esp. their recent library) have very little QA done. They either broken mess or great idea poorly executed and riddled with bugs. there are so much hit and miss that I don't think you will miss much if they don't bundle their craps

Anyone still interested in a group buy for IG Monday 41 before it goes away?

Price increase was only 10 cents so... though I wonder what the group buy price was before the price increase.

You're not one?
Oh so THAT's why you did that nice thing. ;)

Anyone still interested in a group buy for IG Monday 41 before it goes away?

Price increase was only 10 cents so... though I wonder what the group buy price was before the price increase.

Oh so THAT's why you did that nice thing. ;)
And now you're morally obligated to show Neuro your tits.

(And of course he's morally obligated to take pics and share them on the internet.)

New Gala. meh and be warned Rift's Cave requires Oculus Rift.

I guess the 3 people who own Oculus Rift weren't enough sales for them so they threw it in a bundle even though the bundle buyers really can't use the game.

I kind of want Freddy 2, but I haven't played Freddy 1 yet and judging by how many times that got bundled I'll have 800 more chances to get the sequel in a bundle.

The rest of the bundle is just shit.

Freddy 2 is other bundle fodder just like the first one was. The rest of the games I already have the decent looking ones (Quest for Infamy and 1Quest). PASS!

New Gala. meh and be warned Rift's Cave requires Oculus Rift.
Didn't notice that it was required before I bought it. It seems crazy to require something very few people own, but whatever. I owned none of the others, so it still works out.

The developer did mention that a standard monitor version was possible, but not what they were focusing on at the moment. So there's that.

It's nuts. And the store page does not clearly indicate that Oculus Rift is flat our required either. Now they are putting it in a bundle where 99% of people buying won't be able to use it just because they know people will buy it anyway so they can get some kind of money off their ultra niche unfinished game.

Freddy 2 is other bundle fodder just like the first one was. The rest of the games I already have the decent looking ones (Quest for Infamy and 1Quest). PASS!
I'm in the same boat. I would have gotten this for Freddy and QfI if I didn't have it already, but as it is I'm passing too. These bundled EA titles can go suck a big one.

ez.jpg

Someone said this was a "a really solid bundle" at Reddit, then I replied this and got downvoted

Let's see, there's

• Two games that have been bundled before, and in the case of 1Quest many times.
  • Two unfinished Early Access games, one of which requires an expensive niche device that most people don't own.
  • One game that's the standout at being the first time bundled and rated well, but given the pattern of its predecessor will certainly be bundled multiple times soon.
uxxZouc.jpg

Just be patient. That developer loves to bundle. It will be back again soon in an at least slightly better bundle. I don't think it could reappear in a much worse one. Gala is basically using Freddy 2 to sell the rest of those games because otherwise no one would ever buy this bundle.

Just be patient. That developer loves to bundle. It will be back again soon in an at least slightly better bundle. I don't think it could reappear in a much worse one. Gala is basically using Freddy 2 to sell the rest of those games because otherwise no one would ever buy this bundle.
I agree 100%. I mean the guy's already working on the third game in this series.

It looks a lot like IG just figured, well, a lot of people ponied up for the Friday 9, so we can get those suckers to buy this one because the Freddy sequel is in it.

I'm caving on this Monday bundle since I just bought the Friday bundle for Freddy's 1...figure I might as well just get Freddy's 2 and be good for awhile.

You guys buying this bundle can feel free to give me your extra copy of Freddy 2 later when you inevitably get it again in a decent bundle.

There's also the possibility that the game(s) you want will end up rebundled with 3 or 4 other games you already have. This is a +4/+1 for about 40c a game, so easy buy.

I'll probably end up hosting a 5-pack, and will post in the group buy thread.

There's also the possibility that the game(s) you want will end up rebundled with 3 or 4 other games you already have. This is a +4/+1 for about 40c a game, so easy buy.

I'll probably end up hosting a 5-pack, and will post in the group buy thread.
I'll wait for tremor

I already have the only passable looking game in the bundle, and haven't even played Freddy 1 yet.  I'll wait.

I kind of want Freddy 2, but I haven't played Freddy 1 yet and judging by how many times that got bundled I'll have 800 more chances to get the sequel in a bundle.
I somehow never picked up Freddy 1 until it was free on the Amazon Appstore. ...and that's my plan for #2 unless it gets in an attractive bundle.

Sweet. Now I'll have a game for oculus rift when I grab it on clearance from walmart in a couple years.
Actually you probably have a few games that have oculus support and don't know it. (I'd be interested in trying it with Assetto Corsa.)

I'll wait for tremor
I've done that for most of the recent Fridays where I only want/need 1 or 2 games. These Mondays have fewer repeats for some reason. Also, I haven't felt like even looking at Tremor point offers for over a month. /missinggravy

Shit, I had to reauthorize my Steam account (linking it to Indiegala to redeem), but going forward, Steam doesn't support OAuth anymore (which is this whole one-click redemption thing) so there's no current way to redeem these games.

Apparently it's happened to a lot of people today judging by Indiegala's steam group page.

I'd guess that Humble actively monitors valve announcements, (whereas IG doesn't,) and it wouldn't surprise me if valve gave barely any warning about it.
The way valve has been actively trying to piss people off lately that wouldn't be surprising either.

Sweet. I groupbuy-hosted a gala that got trollpriced, now one that can't even be redeemed. Act 3 will be one that phishes your Steam account and Captchas away your inventory. Pre-order now!

bread's done
Back