Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

The problem with waiting until Sept. 13th is that Wii points will probably be gone by then and never restocked again. Should be better winning % that day if you only want DLC though.

[quote name='tomwaits1']the problem with waiting until sept. 13th is that wii points will probably be gone by then and never restocked again. Should be better winning % that day if you only want dlc though.[/quote]

i need moar wii pointz!

Here's a useful tip for iPhone users. I'm annoyed when I come to a site that forces you into a special "iPhone" version without the option to get the full page and the pepsirockband site is one of them. However, if you type in this specific address (or you could use any of the specific pages), you will get the full site version:

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/entercode/

So enter that once and go to it. You'll have to login to yahoo and then you'll go back to that address and it will be the code entry page. Bookmark it now to save you trouble. You can then get to the other pages via the normal means and it's the real site. Otherwise you're stuck with the special iphone version that wants you to enter your phone number. A) I don't want to do that and B) I don't have any free text messages, which is what I presume it wants your number for.

You won't get the videos (I think they're flash-based, but don't quote me on it), but otherwise it works. I just played a point and it worked (though I lost, of course.)

Im at 3/24 today starting from midnight last night Est and continuing at all random hours that I tried playing just to test it out. Probably wont be buying extra pepsi's anymore at these odds.

[quote name='blissskr']Im at 3/24 today starting from midnight last night Est and continuing at all random hours that I tried playing just to test it out. Probably wont be buying extra pepsi's anymore at these odds.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Hopefully your luck will improve some with whatever caps you enter from here on out.

I have 19 caps to try at my time... we'll see if it holds, which I imagine it will. if all goes well all of my main wants will be bought then... Anything else is stock for later releases. I'd buy the Monkey island titles but I'm getting those on pc for free...

Just went 4/7, adding a couple of caps from work. I am now 48-10 overall, but out of caps for the time being. Slowly but surely grinding my way to getting ff iv the after years for wiiware. Does anyone know how the episodic content works? Do I just dload the additional game content via the in game menu and then it just integrates into the game, or do I have to manually select the episode I want to play by starting a new game every time?

I have not played the game yet, other than going to the main menu to see if it loaded up/to figure out how to get the additional game content and do not plan to until I have the complete game.

I got a song I already have by accident, so if anyone also made a mistake like that and wants to trade then PM me. I have : Kool Thing by Sonic Youth for the 360

Had guests over the weekend, so I picked up some 89¢ Wild Cherry 1L bottles. Redeemed my first caps and I'm currently 4 for 4. I'm relieved by my results. After seeing all the recent complaints about the odds having changed, I was worried that I'd missed the bus.

Incidentally my purchase sparked a conversation with my godmother in which I found out she drinks 1-2 Pepsi's a day. I try not to think about how many friggin' caps I could have gotten from her by now if I'd only known she was a Pepsi addict.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I heard a troubling rumor that some CAPS actually say "Sorry, Try Again" on them now. I hope this is incorrect!![/QUOTE]

It is bad enough that the caps with codes barely win now, now they are attacking the source! God damn...

[quote name='missingno81']Bought 6 bottles of pepsi and 4 out of the 6 had invalid codes wtf?[/QUOTE]mixing up zeros with the letter "O" maybe?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I heard a troubling rumor that some CAPS actually say "Sorry, Try Again" on them now. I hope this is incorrect!![/QUOTE]

would it be the red caps that have the B1G1 free?

[quote name='xycury']would it be the red caps that have the B1G1 free?[/QUOTE]now that you mention it, I believe it was the red caps that they were talking about

Well fuck this game, I'm losing every time, I don't think I'm going to be making special trips to the store for Pepsi anymore. Seriously, I was on a no-lose streak and now I'm losing every. single. time.

[quote name='tk102']Maybe someone can tweet at Pepsi asking if they plan on getting any new songs? I don't have a Twitter nor understand what it means (it took me 15 min just to search for that Wii token information) so I can't do it myself. They should respond back. Right now, they're tweeting about rain. How lame.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with Twitter try this?

It would be awesome to know if we should keep hoping for new tracks, or just pour all our tokens in for random songs and Wii Points.

[quote name='missingno81']Bought 6 bottles of pepsi and 4 out of the 6 had invalid codes wtf?[/QUOTE]
Well, you could always send one of those invalid codes to me for further "testing" :D

Somebody should try asking on Twitter about potentially adding new songs. I would, but I swore to never set up an account there unless it was life or death.

[quote name='Techsticles']What a rip off 25 codes and not 1 won.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever consider that volume of codes might have something to do with odds of winning? If the track distribution is set (say, a fixed number per hour or per minute), doing that many codes in quick succession would probably only hurt your chances because you're competing against yourself.

Well, I don't care about new tracks since mine are coming from wii points (so I can pick what I want anyway), but I'll ask on Twitter for you.

oops accidentally redeemed for 360 "All American Rejects - Move Along"

Anybody here looking for this song and has winning tokens left to rdeem want to trade me for "Green Day - 21 Guns", "Garbage - Why Do You Love Me" or Wii points?

Thanks!

[quote name='evophile']oops accidentally redeemed for 360 "All American Rejects - Move Along"

Anybody here looking for this song and has winning tokens left to rdeem want to trade me for "Green Day - 21 Guns", "Garbage - Why Do You Love Me" or Wii points?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have an extra song token left if your offer still stands. Which song did you want a code for? And what system?

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']I have an extra song token left if your offer still stands. Which song did you want a code for? And what system?[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for the reply. Sent you a PM

Thanks Pepsi and Rock Band (sorry for those who want Wii tokens for actual Wii RB Downloads...)
0807090005.jpg

Well...
I had 1,500 points on my Wii to start out with. But then I also purchased two N64 games and an NES title... and that doesn't count the $100 worth of points on my DSi and my wife's DSi (although both of our systems had some points on them to start out with...). Lemme look real fast...

204/236. One of those, I clicked the wrong button and lost at an RB Bundle.
171 of my wins were from 7/25 or before, when every one was a winner. My one failed entry into the RB bundle was in this time frame as well.

64 of my entries have been since the win-ratio has plummeted. Of those, I've lost 31 times and won 33 times - or, about 50% (51.56% win ratio, post drop)

D8DHQ-KQJW8-DXVMY-MWFK4-C4QQW

Thats a free code for Smooth Criminal, I accidentally used 2 codes for the same song. Its for the 360. Enjoy

I lost for the first time earlier today. It was the single most soul-crushing video I ever saw. They just looked so disappointed in you.

[quote name='sagecooker']D8DHQ-KQJW8-DXVMY-MWFK4-C4QQW

Thats a free code for Smooth Criminal, I accidentally used 2 codes for the same song. Its for the 360. Enjoy[/QUOTE]

already used, not by me

Just went 7 for 8 with 7 in a row being winners with about 35 more codes waiting to be entered. I have lost count of my wins and losses but I would say I am like 125 for 150 overall.

[quote name='trent82']already used, not by me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kinda pisses me off that someone has the nerve to use it and at least not THANK the guy who gave it to them. Ungrateful bastards.

I'm 47/85 overall, a 55% win ratio, but that percent is going up, not down. I wasn't playing smart originally. Now I'm playing smarter, though still swayed by impatience on occasion. :)

Also, 0/7 for chances on a 360 Rock Band Bundle. I also have 12 entries in the current weekly 360 System contest, which remain to be determined (lost? :)

Yeah seriously, don't be a jackass, just post and say THANKS when you get a freebie song from the thread!!! This ain't a paid forum or anything, so you lurkers have no excuse :p

[quote name='crunchewy']Now I'm playing smarter, though still swayed by impatience on occasion. :)[/QUOTE]So I'm seriously late to the party on this one...but how are you playing smarter? I've been trying to spread out my entries and not do more than a couple at a time. I've also been trying to figure out when the 5000 codes/day refreshes, but haven't quite nailed it down.

Really wish I knew Wii points were part of the promo much, much earlier.

bread's done
Back