Play-Asia: FFX & FFX-2 for Vita - $27.99 each (English/Region free carts)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been putting off getting these hoping for a price drop. Instead I just ended up spending more. Worth it to get physical copies of both though. Thanks!

im worried about the free shipping options? anyone wanna chime in?
The free shipping option is just what it shows, a padded envelope. Nothing more, nothing less. The next option up is a box for a few cents extra, but the box is almost the same size as the envelope(yeah, it's that small at least for an object of this size). I've used both, and they always arrive without issue. What's your concern exactly?

Slightly off topic, anybody have a discount code to Play-Asia? Please PM if you do. Thanks in advance and thanks OP for letting us know about this!!!

Broke down and ordered them both. I ended up using Paypal and didn't even realize I had a $50 dollar credit balance. Not sure where that came from but that made the order $8 including shipping for both games.

Thanks again OP.

I broke down yesterday and ordered FFX as well.  I knew I would regret not ordering more than I would regret spending the extra money.

Anyone had their order shipped yet?
Mine hasn't yet. It can sometimes take a while for stuff to arrive from Play-Asia so the best thing to do is forget about it so one day when you open your mailbox you will have a nice surprise waiting for you.

I checked earlier today and X-2 was shipping within a week and X just said wait. I'm in no hurry so I'm ok with the added wait time.

I was just considering my options to get X-2 and didn't know there was a region free copy which is physical. Now I don't need to worry about the memory card. Now to wait for them to ship.. the backordered copies.

Yeah, they'll be shipping eventually. If for some reason it takes longer than it should, they'll send out a notice telling you of the delayed and the estimated arrival and then give the choice to cancel or keep waiting. I'm in no rush either, as I got the US X, and I doubt I'll being playing that anytime soon, so as long as X-2 arrives before that happens, it's all good.

OP - You should change the title of the post, FFX is now $36.99  I missed this thread somehow.  I would have gotten them both but being a cheapy I'll wait til FFX is under $30..

I checked earlier today and X-2 was shipping within a week and X just said wait. I'm in no hurry so I'm ok with the added wait time.
Same for me.

I'm in no rush as I just started Thomas Was Alone and Guacamelee. Those should occupy my time until they arrive... hopefully.

Is anyone actually buying the X-2 voucher?  I might just get the cheaper FFX on Amazon (with X-2 voucher) and then X-2 at Play-Asia because I would like to have the cart.  But then again, if the voucher isn't worth anything then I probably won't.  I'm a cheapassgamer before I'm a gottahaveacartgamer.

Is anyone actually buying the X-2 voucher? I might just get the cheaper FFX on Amazon (with X-2 voucher) and then X-2 at Play-Asia because I would like to have the cart. But then again, if the voucher isn't worth anything then I probably won't. I'm a cheapassgamer before I'm a gottahaveacartgamer.
I sold it on eBay, though it wasn't for as much as I'd hoped ($9.99 with free shipping). I traded in the FFX cart to GS for $25.50, so that still makes both of the Play-Asia carts cost ~$30, which isn't bad IMO.

Is anyone actually buying the X-2 voucher? I might just get the cheaper FFX on Amazon (with X-2 voucher) and then X-2 at Play-Asia because I would like to have the cart. But then again, if the voucher isn't worth anything then I probably won't. I'm a cheapassgamer before I'm a gottahaveacartgamer.
I got 20 for mine on Ebay on the 19th of last month, and there seems to be several more that sold for 20 or more after that, so you may still get that much, especially if you include the free trading cards(will go for more). It's also about patience, if you need the money yesterday, 15 or so should be a solid price, but if you don't mind waiting, 20 should be possible.

I got 20 for mine on Ebay on the 19th of last month, and there seems to be several more that sold for 20 or more after that, so you may still get that much, especially if you include the free trading cards(will go for more). It's also about patience, if you need the money yesterday, 15 or so should be a solid price, but if you don't mind waiting, 20 should be possible.
This makes me feel even worse that mine sold for less. No one even bit on it the first time I listed it, either. :wall:

This makes me feel even worse that mine sold for less. No one even bit on it the first time I listed it, either. :wall:
Ebay is about timing, details, presentation, research, options, patience and a little luck. If your listing is the 10 dollar one I'm seeing, I can tell you a few things done wrong. First off, only offering to mail it, versus emailing it would have killed you chance immediately, as most buyers who are getting a digital game, want it NOW. I personally understand your policy on not emailing, as I used to do it that way as well, but your lowering your potential buying pool greatly.

Your other mistake would be listing it as "voucher" only in your title. If you search this item, you'll see almost everyone else also has "code" along with voucher in the title. So if a buyer does a search for "Final Fantasy X-2 code", your listing won't come up. This will also diminish views greatly. If you see others getting the results you want, do what they do(whatever that may be).

These things might not seem like much, but trust me, they can greatly effect your final outcome. Research is key, as you always need to see what similar items are going for, and what those listing may or may not offer. When you look and see other similar items selling for 20, and your's didn't sale at 10 after the first listing, then you have to ask why? Yes, sometimes the other listings could have been lucky, but more often than not, it's due to something their offering, that your not.

It's also good to watch the traffic that comes to your listing, there's counters for a reason. You also have to have patience. I can list items that take days, weeks and some times months to sale. Certain things do need to be sold quickly, to maximize profits, as some items value get lower the longer their available. This is especially true for most video games, but this is where research is key. If the average price is dropping, act accordingly. I hope this info helps in any future sales you may have.

Ebay is about timing, details, presentation, research, options, patience and a little luck. If your listing is the 10 dollar one I'm seeing, I can tell you a few things done wrong. First off, only offering to mail it, versus emailing it would have killed you chance immediately, as most buyers who are getting a digital game, want it NOW. I personally understand your policy on not emailing, as I used to do it that way as well, but your lowering your potential buying pool greatly.

Your other mistake would be listing it as "voucher" only in your title. If you search this item, you'll see almost everyone else also has "code" along with voucher in the title. So if a buyer does a search for "Final Fantasy X-2 code", your listing won't come up. This will also diminish views greatly. If you see others getting the results you want, do what they do(whatever that may be).

These things might not seem like much, but trust me, they can greatly effect your final outcome. Research is key, as you always need to see what similar items are going for, and what those listing may or may not offer. When you look and see other similar items selling for 20, and your's didn't sale at 10 after the first listing, then you have to ask why? Yes, sometimes the other listings could have been lucky, but more often than not, it's due to something their offering, that your not.

It's also good to watch the traffic that comes to your listing, there's counters for a reason. You also have to have patience. I can list items that take days, weeks and some times months to sale. Certain things do need to be sold quickly, to maximize profits, as some items value get lower the longer their available. This is especially true for most video games, but this is where research is key. If the average price is dropping, act accordingly. I hope this info helps in any future sales you may have.
*sigh* That stings, but it does help. Thanks.

I still have the art cards that came with the Vita version, sealed. Would I be able to sell them for a good amount? I had no idea I could have bundled them with the FFX-2 code to increase the value...

*sigh* That stings, but it does help. Thanks.

I still have the art cards that came with the Vita version, sealed. Would I be able to sell them for a good amount? I had no idea I could have bundled them with the FFX-2 code to increase the value...
Well, there are 3 listings currently running for sealed packs and the pricing ranges from 4-15 dollars. Now, on the surface, that might not seem to great, but none of the 3 listed offer international shipping. Mailing this in an envelope worldwide will cost roughly 15 or so(cost of padded envelope and shipping cost:first class international).

Now for me personally, I would offer this at a BIN price of 20 and offer international shipping. Now I may or may not get the 20, but by being the only one offering worldwide shipping, it's a very good chance I can sale it for more than the current average.

Well, there are 3 listings currently running for sealed packs and the pricing ranges from 4-15 dollars. Now, on the surface, that might not seem to great, but none of the 3 listed offer international shipping. Mailing this in an envelope worldwide will cost roughly 15 or so(cost of padded envelope and shipping cost:first class international).

Now for me personally, I would offer this at a BIN price of 20 and offer international shipping. Now I may or may not get the 20, but by being the only one offering worldwide shipping, it's a very good chance I can sale it for more than the current average.
Is there much more work involved in shipping out an eBay-sold item internationally? I like how easily I can pay for and print the shipping label via Paypal, but would doing so for an international buyer be much different aside from the higher cost?

Is there much more work involved in shipping out an eBay-sold item internationally? I like how easily I can pay for and print the shipping label via Paypal, but would doing so for an international buyer be much different aside from the higher cost?
It's just as easy. You have an extra step of listing the item "description" for the customs form(which is a part of the label), but otherwise it's just as easy. It automatically adds the description from your listing, but I often change that, so postal employees abroad don't know what the specific item is. I'll change Final Fantasy Trading cards to game cards, etc.

And once your print it, you need to sign and date it, but it's easy. Priority mail can be more complex, and I normally do that direct through USPS website, but the basic first class international through Ebay/Paypal is pretty good and easy. There should be videos on YouTube.

In the last few years, they have added several international locations to "full tracking" for this option. Years ago, FCI could only be tracked until it left the US, and then you would never know if and when the package would ever arrive on the other side. Now they offer full tracking to many locations, but not all. I personally mail any and everywhere, as the full tracking is good to have, but it can also limit the areas of sales. For an item this cheap, it's worth it to me to take the risk, the more expensive items, I'll make sure to offer the more expensive Priority mail option, as that's insurable and fully track-able.

I shipped something USPS International Priority (to France) in February 2014 and it got tracking only as far as US customs (Chicago) in my case. So a big YMMV on that. Got positive feedback, so it must have arrived, but I hated not knowing if it had even gotten into France. Would not do it again probably.

I shipped something USPS International Priority (to France) in February 2014 and it got tracking only as far as US customs (Chicago) in my case. So a big YMMV on that. Got positive feedback, so it must have arrived, but I hated not knowing if it had even gotten into France. Would not do it again probably.
You are 100% correct in that, YMMV is an understatement when dealing with the US Postal service. Normally they are pretty good, and the price comparison in regards to FedEx and UPS, is the best to say the least, but you do get what you pay for I suppose.

Boy, do I have stories, but this is not the time or the place for that, but so EVERYONE knows, any dealing with the US Postal Service is a HUGE YMMV(I just assumed we all new that before hand, as we all deal with them on a regular basis) :wall:

Hate to ressurect a dead horse, but since it pretains to this thread figured it was the best place.

Has anyone who order one of these still not have received them?  My X-2 order was finally shipped out on the 3rd of last month via airmail but I still haven't received it.  That would make it 32 days if it's not here today.  Now I'm not new to international shipping, and I realize that sometimes it takes a while but I would still think it would have arrived by now.  Since this is my first dealing with Play-Asia, I have to ask is this the standard course here for them?  Should I wait a little bit more or should I contact them and find out whats up?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hate to ressurect a dead horse, but since it pretains to this thread figured it was the best place.

Has anyone who order one of these still not have received them? My X-2 order was finally shipped out on the 3rd of last month via airmail but I still haven't received it. That would make it 32 days if it's not here today. Now I'm not new to international shipping, and I realize that sometimes it takes a while but I would still think it would have arrived by now. Since this is my first dealing with Play-Asia, I have to ask is this the standard course here for them? Should I wait a little bit more or should I contact them and find out whats up? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
WOW, I'm having the same issue. I contacted them last week, and they gave me the run around that if it hadn't come this week to contact them again and they would start a trace. I'm like WTF? It took you bastards almost a month to even ship, and now I have to wait for a trace?

Well I contacted them again a few days ago, and they started their trace, and I was told that can take 3-4 weeks to complete and only once they determine it is lost, will they send a replacement. Their cheap airmail option is the same as the US, where there is no way to really track the package, so I don't know why they are saying it is being "traced"? There is no valid way to track a package like this.

I'm sure it's just a double speak to make the customer wait a full 2 months to see if it arrives or not. I have had some international packages I've mailed take 4-8 weeks to arrive, but that is only during the holidays when mail is crazy around the world. Normally my Play-Asia packages arrive within 2 weeks and I'm in the states, so this is not normal, but if others haven't received theirs yet, I'll hope for the best.

I would contact them and get the ball rolling, but over the years, this is my first package to not arrive, and I see the process sucks in regards to promptness. I even tried to file a claim though Paypal, as I figured If they couldn't prove it arrived, they would refund me ASAP, and then I would just reorder, but I guess the time was to long, or Paypal has a different process for businesses VS. Ebayers, as they said I couldn't open a claim for "this transaction"(no reason given). Now I know in the future to use my CC instead, so I can file a claim with them if all else fails.

I'm sure PA will make good on the issue, but considering it's already been 2 months since I first placed my order, by the time they "figure" out if the package is lost or not, it will have been 3 months, and then shipping will be another 2-4 weeks for a total of 4 months for this game. I'm glad I was in no rush to play. LOL

I ordered something from them almost a month ago and it's not here yet either. I'm worried cause sometimes I order movies from HK and if it's not here in 3 weeks, my package is 99% of the time missing (crappy post office!).

That's why I like to use Paypal and just open a claim before the time period is up. I don't want to wait 2-3 months for a replacement item. Then I void any protections I have if absolutely nothing shows up during that time.

ANYWAY... I see both items are on backorder. Does anyone know if they charge your credit card right away, or when the item ships??

I ordered something from them almost a month ago and it's not here yet either. I'm worried cause sometimes I order movies from HK and if it's not here in 3 weeks, my package is 99% of the time missing (crappy post office!).

That's why I like to use Paypal and just open a claim before the time period is up. I don't want to wait 2-3 months for a replacement item. Then I void any protections I have if absolutely nothing shows up during that time.

ANYWAY... I see both items are on backorder. Does anyone know if they charge your credit card right away, or when the item ships??
Yeah, normally Paypal has never been an issue, but since it took them 3 weeks to even ship it out, I should have paid closer attention to the Paypal claims time.

I believe PA doesn't charge until shipping for CC, but PP is always charged right away no matter who it is(just the way the service works).

Has anyone who order one of these still not have received them? My X-2 order was finally shipped out on the 3rd of last month via airmail but I still haven't received it. That would make it 32 days if it's not here today. Now I'm not new to international shipping, and I realize that sometimes it takes a while but I would still think it would have arrived by now. Since this is my first dealing with Play-Asia, I have to ask is this the standard course here for them? Should I wait a little bit more or should I contact them and find out whats up? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Same here. Still waiting for mine to arrive.

Same here. Still waiting for mine to arrive.
Mmmmm, maybe they didn't include the proper postage or customs form, as this definitely seems like an issue past their normal shipping. Well, if and when mine arrives or if I ever hear back from PA, I'll post an update. Good Luck to everyone, it looks like we'll need it. LOL

I've received mine :(

It arrived in 2 or 3 weeks. It shipped out June 5th. I only ordered the game, though.

I've received mine :(

It arrived in 2 or 3 weeks. It shipped out June 5th. I only ordered the game, though.
Mine shipped on the 5th as well, but it is no where to be found. Normally 2 weeks is my average from them, but this is way past the norm. I guess I can only wait and see what happens.

I've been dealing with PA for many years and so far I haven't missed any of my order. Only two orders I placed in the past took 5 weeks to arrive but other than that I have no complain.

I too haven't received mine.  The last game I ordered from them also took an absurd amount of time (even longer than this one so far), but it did eventually arrive.  So hopefully that will be the case here.

I'm in the same boat too. Mine shipped June 5th and hasn't arrived yet. Previous orders I made from Play-asia usually take 3 weeks or less. Getting kinda antsy. I'll guve them till the end of the next week and file a complaint if not.

a little confused here. 

the american version has the 2 versions together in 1 game (X-1 , X-2) but the asian version has them separate (pay for 2 games)?

a little confused here.
the american version has the 2 versions together in 1 game (X-1 , X-2) but the asian version has them separate (pay for 2 games)?
X-2 is only digital in the states. So this is appealing to those who are not big on digital content.

X-2 is only digital in the states. So this is appealing to those who are not big on digital content.
Yeah, everyone here wanted a physical version in English and this was the only option to my knowledge.

I'm glad to hear 4 weeks or later has happened for others, so I'm a bit more optimistic I'll see my order sooner or later.

I'm glad to hear 4 weeks or later has happened for others, so I'm a bit more optimistic I'll see my order sooner or later.
Yeah I don't know whether to feel relieved or incredible sadden that others are in the same situation. Either way I've sent PA a email regarding it. While I'm not particularly pleased about the wait time, as long as I get it in the end I'm cool.

One of mine shipped on the 5th and the other on the 10th of June.  I don't remember exactly when they came in but I know it was sometime last month.

Damn, another one. I wonder if there was any weather issues or shipping delays in Asia. This is far from normal for their standard shipping times.
Maybe the plane that was carring them dump their cargo over the pacific, and all our Final Fantasies are now part of that giant garbage mass floating around the ocean.............I just succeeded in making myself depressed. :headache:

Joking aside something must have happened for all of us to have missing shipments. Their CS doesn't infill me with hope either. Their first reply was definately a cut & paste response telling me to wait as it takes 1 to 3 weeks for deliverly. I replied kindly pointing out the fact I already said it's been 5 weeks and asked did they even read my first message fully. Then got the will put a trace line, like the rest of you. Really isn't inspiring repeat business for them.

Maybe the plane that was carring them dump their cargo over the pacific, and all our Final Fantasies are now part of that giant garbage mass floating around the ocean.............I just succeeded in making myself depressed. :headache:

Joking aside something must have happened for all of us to have missing shipments. Their CS doesn't infill me with hope either. Their first reply was definately a cut & paste response telling me to wait as it takes 1 to 3 weeks for deliverly. I replied kindly pointing out the fact I already said it's been 5 weeks and asked did they even read my first message fully. Then got the will put a trace line, like the rest of you. Really isn't inspiring repeat business for them.
I think we should all somehow ask for a refund within a week or so. Put it this way my order from Nippon Yasan shipped on June 9th and arrived last week so thats about 3.5 weeks to arrive from Japan, which is reasonable. This will be my last time ordering from play-asia.

bread's done
Back