Play-Asia: FFX & FFX-2 for Vita - $27.99 each (English/Region free carts)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should all somehow ask for a refund within a week or so. Put it this way my order from Nippon Yasan shipped on June 9th and arrived last week so thats about 3.5 weeks to arrive from Japan, which is reasonable. This will be my last time ordering from play-asia.
Sounds good to me (though obviously I'm unhappy about it :cry:).

Wow, I'm really surprised at all the shipping issues.  I generally receive my games from play-asia about a week after the shipping notice is sent to me.  There has not been any exception to this to date (i've ordered from them about 10 times)

Wow, I'm really surprised at all the shipping issues. I generally receive my games from play-asia about a week after the shipping notice is sent to me. There has not been any exception to this to date (i've ordered from them about 10 times)
Normally my orders take about 2 weeks to arrive, but once during the holidays I had a order take 3-4 weeks. Hopefully they can figure out what went wrong and correct the issue. I've been using Play-Asia for years with no issues, so I'm not gonna throw them under the bus for one bad experience out of many great ones.

I guess how they handle this issue moving forward will determine my future business with them. From now on I'll have to keep a closer eye on the "45 days", so I can open a dispute through Paypal before the proper time expires.

Typically when I contact customer service, it takes a day or so for them to get back to me (time difference).  Not sure what their policy will be with lost items in the mail... hopefully you guys have a happy end to this story.

Typically when I contact customer service, it takes a day or so for them to get back to me (time difference). Not sure what their policy will be with lost items in the mail... hopefully you guys have a happy end to this story.
Well, for me, they have started a postal trace, which can take 3-4 weeks. Once that is done, and they determine the package to be lost, they will resend it(or refund I guess).

I still want the game, but damn this is taking forever. 3-4 weeks after ordering for them to ship, then 4 weeks for them to even start a trace, and another 3-4 weeks to complete the trace, and then another 2-4 weeks to get a replacement.

Well from what I've been reading from some others who had lost parcels from Play-Asia, if they determine that the article was lost in the mail, they'll only do one of two things.

1. Give you a refund, but in store credit only.

2. Ship you a replacement, but make no guarantee on receving it.  Meaning if that one happens to also get lost your s.o.l.

If true, our options aren't looking all that good.

So I've sent a complaint and told then its past there. 3 weeks alloted time and they'll begin a trace soon. Has anybody experience a missin package complaint from play-asia before?? I think the more people send it, the faster this closure, as it would be pretty substantial of alof of us are in the same boat and play-asia can't dismiss this as a one case scenario

So I've sent a complaint and told then its past there. 3 weeks alloted time and they'll begin a trace soon. Has anybody experience a missin package complaint from play-asia before?? I think the more people send it, the faster this closure, as it would be pretty substantial of alof of us are in the same boat and play-asia can't dismiss this as a one case scenario
I've also just sent them a inquiry about my order.

Well from what I've been reading from some others who had lost parcels from Play-Asia, if they determine that the article was lost in the mail, they'll only do one of two things.

1. Give you a refund, but in store credit only.

2. Ship you a replacement, but make no guarantee on receving it. Meaning if that one happens to also get lost your s.o.l.

If true, our options aren't looking all that good.
This is very depressing to read. :cry:

So how many people have complained to play-asia now?? And wow, I'm starting to think somebody in Hong Kong stole the merchandise from play-asia or all those orders never got shipped. I ordered from Superufo on July 2 and it arrived today on July 14 to the Pacific Northwest in USA. Don't know what else to say, but I'm done with play-asia for my importing needs.

So how many people have complained to play-asia now?? And wow, I'm starting to think somebody in Hong Kong stole the merchandise from play-asia or all those orders never got shipped. I ordered from Superufo on July 2 and it arrived today on July 14 to the Pacific Northwest in USA. Don't know what else to say, but I'm done with play-asia for my importing needs.
I'm still waiting for my copy of X-2, which also shipped on June 5th. Just sent CS a message...

UPDATE: dang, they responded quickly:

Since some delivery really takes time to arrive due to some possible

delays. We would suggest you to wait for 2 more weeks. I believe that your
package is still in transit on the way to your country. And if until the
given period and there still no sign of your package. You may contact us
again and we will help you inquire at the post office.

I'm still waiting for my copy of X-2, which also shipped on June 5th. Just sent CS a message...

UPDATE: dang, they responded quickly:
Yeah, this is their standard BS that they send on your first inquiry. My first message said try back after 1 week. Then the following week they said they would start the trace, which can take up to 4 weeks(which I'm sure it will take the whole 4 weeks). I'm not really upset by this, shit happens and I've been using Play-Asia for years with no issues. I'm more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

From now on, I'll be using Paypal, and making sure to keep track of how many days have past(45 days or less), so I can open a claim if need be. It's obvious something bigger has happened in regards to this game, as I've never seen this many customers have shipping issues before. Now, should Play-Asia have realized this by now and made some sort of apology or correction? I'm sure they know something, but for now all we can do is wait.

still waiting for my order also... if i don't receive it by this weekend, i'll open a paypal claim next monday. it will have been 5 weeks. no mail ever takes that long

Yeah, this is their standard BS that they send on your first inquiry. My first message said try back after 1 week. Then the following week they said they would start the trace, which can take up to 4 weeks(which I'm sure it will take the whole 4 weeks). I'm not really upset by this, shit happens and I've been using Play-Asia for years with no issues. I'm more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

From now on, I'll be using Paypal, and making sure to keep track of how many days have past(45 days or less), so I can open a claim if need be. It's obvious something bigger has happened in regards to this game, as I've never seen this many customers have shipping issues before. Now, should Play-Asia have realized this by now and made some sort of apology or correction? I'm sure they know something, but for now all we can do is wait.
Damn just tried to make a claim on paypal and its past the 45 days. Should've kept track. I ordered this game on May 12, then it got delayed by play-asia until June 5 and now it hasn't arrived. Next time, I'll keep track of these things.

I did once

I've dealt with PA for many years and one of packages was lost in the mail last Summer. It took them awhile to track and research, but finally got a replacement.

I know it's pita.......................

This is what I'm thinking. Something had to happen to these things in bulk, be that or a slip up in the packing room marking them shipped when they really weren't, mistake on a custom form, ect. Their's too many of us, of the same item, supposedly shipped on the same date to be a conquincidence.

still waiting for my order also... if i don't receive it by this weekend, i'll open a paypal claim next monday. it will have been 5 weeks. no mail ever takes that long
Hate to tell you, but your most likely in the same boat as the rest of us that used Paypal. You can only file a claim apprently within 45 of placing the order, not when it actually shipped. For most of us we were 3 to 4 weeks into that before the dam things even shipped.

OP here. Count me in as someone who got shipping confirmation early to mid June and still nothing.

Sad to see so many burned. It's really weird to see so many unfulfilled orders.

Going to write PA again and I see I have more fuel to add with these posts.

OP here. Count me in as someone who got shipping confirmation early to mid June and still nothing.

Sad to see so many burned. It's really weird to see so many unfulfilled orders.

Going to write PA again and I see I have more fuel to add with these posts.
Thanks. Please update us on their response.

Add me to the list of people who never received their items.  Ordered FFX and FFX-2 on 13 May, shipped in 2 shipments on 6 June and 10 June.  I also moved at the beginning of July, so I'm hoping USPS flags and redirects them.  CS sent me the same form letter as Waffles post above.  I'll appreciate if others post when these start to trickle in so I know when to be (more) worried.

Hate to tell you, but your most likely in the same boat as the rest of us that used Paypal. You can only file a claim apprently within 45 of placing the order, not when it actually shipped. For most of us we were 3 to 4 weeks into that before the dam things even shipped.
nah, my order was june 13th, so i still have some time. i keep track because i don't trust any company...had to deal with this on other shopping sites

I just got an email from Play-Asia asking me to review Final Fantasy X HD Remaster...and I have half a mind to write a scathing 1-star review blasting Play-Asia's poor handling of this situation just to see if that'll get their attention. :headache:

I just got an email from Play-Asia asking me to review Final Fantasy X HD Remaster...and I have half a mind to write a scathing 1-star review blasting Play-Asia's poor handling of this situation just to see if that'll get their attention. :headache:
I got one of those a couple of weeks ago. Considered doing the same thing.

I got one of those a couple of weeks ago. Considered doing the same thing.
I got it within about 3 weeks after mine shipped, and I did "blast" them. I don't know if it ever got published, as it's not there now, but I gave them 1 star and some choice words. The main point of my tirade was how the hell do you ask for a review of a game I have yet to receive? I guess someone didn't care to post it, or it was pulled. Either way it's BS, as they asked my opinion and I gave it.

Now after waiting for several months, the game is "back ordered" yet again. So even if they declare our packages "lost", no telling when we will see any replacements sent(or how long they may take). For a company that has been great over the years, boy they sure know how to erase tons of good will with one hellish transaction. LOL

Like I've said before, that "trace" comment is a joke, as there is no way for a generic package of this nature to be fully traced/tracked. I ship packages worldwide on a regular basis, and 2 months is about the standard for most postal services to say a package has been lost/stolen. I'm sure PA is just waiting to see if this item is returned, are turns up before they commit to any replacements. Most places with great CS will just say sorry for the delay, and here's a new copy. Sadly this is not the case here, so in the future, I'll have to better protect myself from such issues.

At this point, I truly regret trading in the U.S. Vita copy I had and selling off the FFX-2 code when I heard about this deal; why couldn't I have been happy with those...? :wall:

So, has anybody receive there copy now?? play-asia is investigating now and told me to wait 3-4 weeks to contact my post office. At this rate , just want my refund back. i think I'm gonna order FF X-2 on ebay now.

So, has anybody receive there copy now?? play-asia is investigating now and told me to wait 3-4 weeks to contact my post office. At this rate , just want my refund back. i think I'm gonna order FF X-2 on ebay now.
Got absolutely nothing. I'm just about to contact play-asia to get a update since I haven't heard a thing from them.

Got absolutely nothing. I'm just about to contact play-asia to get a update since I haven't heard a thing from them.
Yeah, I was actually going to contact them today, but it's only been 3 weeks for me, and I know their just going to feed me some BS, so I decided to wait. Keep us posted if and when you hear anything.

Chris

Still haven't received the game. I sent them another email requesting a refund or another copy to be shipped out.

Still haven't received the game. I sent them another email requesting a refund or another copy to be shipped out.
Someone mentioned it was backordered awhile back. I don't know if you'd wanna again deal with long wait time to get the replacement game delivered and there's no guarantees again it would arrive in a timely manner. I got an e-mail from play-asia now in which I blasted them and demanded a refund and no credit. They told me rhey'll wait for the 3 weeks and rhen they'll refund me my payment via paypal, rather than store credit. I think you have to get angrier with play-asia or else you might not get a refund back.

Someone mentioned it was backordered awhile back. I don't know if you'd wanna again deal with long wait time to get the replacement game delivered. I got an e-mail from play-asia now in which I blasted them and demanded a refund and no credit. They told me rhey'll wait for the 3 weeks and rhen they'll refund me my payment via paypal, rather than store credit. I think you have to get angrier with play-asia or else you might not get a refund back.
I actually got a response right after. Seems like they are gonna open an investigation to see where the package went and compensate me if they find out the package was lost :\

Yeah, I was actually going to contact them today, but it's only been 3 weeks for me, and I know their just going to feed me some BS, so I decided to wait. Keep us posted if and when you hear anything.

Chris
Got a reply already. It's the usual speel. No response from the HK post, still conducting the investigation, 3 to 4 weeks, the delivery lies to the courier or carrier, the same thing everyone else has been hearing. The funny thing is they keep telling me to check with my post office for the arrival of the package.......My shipping address is a PO Box.

I actually got a response right after. Seems like they are gonna open an investigation to see where the package went and compensate me if they find out the package was lost :\
Yeah, but only 4 weeks from now.

Got a reply already. It's the usual speel. No response from the HK post, still conducting the investigation, 3 to 4 weeks, the delivery lies to the courier or carrier, the same thing everyone else has been hearing. The funny thing is they keep telling me to check with my post office for the arrival of the package.......My shipping address is a PO Box.
This is why I didn't bother to contact them. It was obvious when they first sent that message, that there was no way either postal service would find this package on either end. The most they can do is see if the package is sitting on a shelf somewhere, but there is no way to actually track the free shipping packages, so it's BS from the start.

As someone who mails packages worldwide year round, I have had a few packages take close to two months to arrive. Normally this is only during the holidays, when mail is at it's most chaotic, but it can happen. From there stand point, they are just waiting the full 2 months, because if a package hasn't arrive in that time, it's 99% sure it is lost.

I have no reason to believe they won't refund me, or mail a replacement, but I HATE form letter robot crap. I will be contacting them exactly on the 4 week mark and demanding some form of satisfaction :wall:

I'm waiting or the 4 week mark on the BS "trace" too for my last email demanding a refund.

This is the last time I deal with Play-Asia. I said that a few years ago when a similar situation happened, but damn this deal.

still havent received mine. after i opened the paypal claim, they didn't even respond in the claim (which you're supposed to do because everything has to be documented for paypal). instead they emailed me asking did i have a bank error or make a mistake? and they told me delivery takes 1-3 weeks (if they read the claim they would have noticed it had already been 5 weeks since shipping).

-_- not sure how so many packages can be "missing" at the same time

I placed my order for both games two days after the OP. At the time both games were backordered. Play-Asia separated my order into two. I received X-2 a few weeks later, but never got FFX.

Finally got around to emailing them yesterday. They are making me wait three weeks for their BS trace. Considering it's been almost two months since the game was shipped, not sure why I need to wait another three weeks. But I'll play their game and then demand a refund.

Kind of odd how all these orders are supposedly lost in the mail.

still havent received mine. after i opened the paypal claim, they didn't even respond in the claim (which you're supposed to do because everything has to be documented for paypal). instead they emailed me asking did i have a bank error or make a mistake? and they told me delivery takes 1-3 weeks (if they read the claim they would have noticed it had already been 5 weeks since shipping).

-_- not sure how so many packages can be "missing" at the same time
Yeah, this is more of their BS robot replies. I'm sure these guys are dealing in HUGE numbers of merchandise being sent on a daily and weekly basis, so the chances of getting any formal replies I'm sure are far an in-between. It's beyond ridiculous that they can't even submit proper information to Paypal when requested to do so.

I hope this isn't the start of some kind of lackluster service on the horizon? I've been using these guys for years with no issues, and they have positive feedback on most gamer forums, so hopefully this game is an isolated issue for most of us, but time will tell I guess.

Today is 4 weeks exactly since they started their BS trace crap on my order, so I just sent them an update request, and some choice words. I'll post back once I here something.

Today is 4 weeks exactly since they started their BS trace crap on my order, so I just sent them an update request, and some choice words. I'll post back once I here something.
Appreciate it. My 4 week trace is up on Friday and will be doing the same come then. I'm not sure if I'm going to shoot for a replacement or refund. Part of me really wants the game but the other just wants to wash my hands clean of this whole ordeal and walk away.

Holy crap, it came! I actually got my copy of X-2 today, almost two months after it shipped. (There was also a $5 off $60 coupon in there, which expires on 8/2...)

Maybe our collective kvetching actually got someone to get off their duff and find that missing shipping pallet?

Holy crap, it came! I actually got my copy of X-2 today, almost two months after it shipped. (There was also a $5 off $60 coupon in there, which expires on 8/2...)

Maybe our collective kvetching actually got someone to get off their duff and find that missing shipping pallet?
That's great news! Hopefully yours is the first of many to finally arrive... :pray:

Damn, a sliver of hope!

Pics or it didn't happen. :lol:

I'm betting they found out about the employee who was making a fort out of the packages in the break room.

Well, here's my latest reply to my 1 month trace tirade I sent early yesterday:

"Dear Christopher,

We are sorry to hear that your package has still not arrived until today.

We apologize if that is a long time to wait, but in our experience with the
postal service it can sometimes take that long. The delivery is often delay
due to different reasons.

As an overseas sender, we can only rely on the HongKong Post to check with
the US Post. Please be patient with all international shipments.

We haven't got the result from HK post as of the moment. Is it still
possible for you to wait until this week and get back to us again next
week? We will then compensate you regardless of the result of the
investigation upon your request. 

Please note that the investigation does really takes time as HK post
handles different cases everyday. We hope for your kind understanding and
consideration once more.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

Well, maybe it will still arrive, but they seem more than happy to refund me or replace my order, so it's all good for the moment. 1 more week :wall:

I still can't understand what the HK post is supposed to do. In the US, if you have an international package that is less than Priority Mail(the lowest track-able packages), they tell you GOOD LUCK if you ever inquire about it being lost or stolen. No matter what, every package going abroad will have a customs form attached, so I guess it can be tracked that way, but the US postal service wont bother, as they want consumers to go with the more expensive shipping method and flat out refuse to trace anything not at a certain level(or at least that's how it was a few years ago).

The only place that would have a record of it is probably customs, and I don't know if they even bother to record every package of this kind that comes through. It seems like more BS to me, but we'll see. So for anyone who is at the 4 week trace time, expect another week before a refund or replace will be made.

Well, here's my latest reply to my 1 month trace tirade I sent early yesterday:

"Dear Christopher,

We are sorry to hear that your package has still not arrived until today.

We apologize if that is a long time to wait, but in our experience with the
postal service it can sometimes take that long. The delivery is often delay
due to different reasons.

As an overseas sender, we can only rely on the HongKong Post to check with
the US Post. Please be patient with all international shipments.

We haven't got the result from HK post as of the moment. Is it still
possible for you to wait until this week and get back to us again next
week? We will then compensate you regardless of the result of the
investigation upon your request.

Please note that the investigation does really takes time as HK post
handles different cases everyday. We hope for your kind understanding and
consideration once more.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

Well, maybe it will still arrive, but they seem more than happy to refund me or replace my order, so it's all good for the moment. 1 more week :wall:

I still can't understand what the HK post is supposed to do. In the US, if you have an international package that is less than Priority Mail(the lowest track-able packages), they tell you GOOD LUCK if you ever inquire about it being lost or stolen. No matter what, every package going abroad will have a customs form attached, so I guess it can be tracked that way, but the US postal service wont bother, as they want consumers to go with the more expensive shipping method and flat out refuse to trace anything not at a certain level(or at least that's how it was a few years ago).

The only place that would have a record of it is probably customs, and I don't know if they even bother to record every package of this kind that comes through. It seems like more BS to me, but we'll see. So for anyone who is at the 4 week trace time, expect another week before a refund or replace will be made.
If it wasn't for the fact Waffles saying his finally showed up, I would flat out tell them to take the extra week and shove it. Now I dunno.

Seriously though my patience with this company is wearing thin. It's been two freaking months and still nothing has arrived, we waited through your trace and still nothing. If it was one isolated case sure maybe that's reasonable to ask, but obvious that's not the case they know it and we know it since there's like 20 of us on here all in the same boat. Anyone want to put money down that after the time's up on this again they'll try to make excuses for even more time? And if you want to hear something amusing, my niece has sent a package over to a friend in South Korea a few days after we got our shipping notices. The person got it, sent something back, and then my niece sent something else back over which she just told me they now have received, all by standard air mail. 3 freaking overseas trips in less time than it's taken for us to get just 1.

....this whole ordeal makes me want to drink and not in the good way.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you live in the U.S. (e.g., West Coast, East Coast, Midwest, etc.)? Maybe there's a pattern to when we might expect ours.

I've been with Play-Asia for a long time and I like them a lot.

There was one order it took almost two months to arrive (Asia version of Dragon's Crown) and I have no idea why it took so long.......

But 99% of my orders from them arrive in 3-4 weeks.

I'm hoping this is a sign that my games will actually arrive. I really wanted these two carts and if they refund me I will probably just order them again. I been using Play-Asia for years now and I've only ever had one item not arrive. I had to wait a while for them to process that refund.

I recently ordered a Magma Red PS4 controller from them after I ordered these games and got it no problem.

I also pre-ordered the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy cart for Vita and the Child of Light Special Edition cart for Vita.

I have my fingers crossed that the two final fantasy games arrive by the end of the month.

I'm hoping this is a sign that my games will actually arrive. I really wanted these two carts and if they refund me I will probably just order them again. I been using Play-Asia for years now and I've only ever had one item not arrive. I had to wait a while for them to process that refund.

I recently ordered a Magma Red PS4 controller from them after I ordered these games and got it no problem.

I also pre-ordered the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy cart for Vita and the Child of Light Special Edition cart for Vita.

I have my fingers crossed that the two final fantasy games arrive by the end of the month.
So...by today (7/31)? :lol:

bread's done
Back