Play-Asia: FFX & FFX-2 for Vita - $27.99 each (English/Region free carts)

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, there's good news and bad news.

The good news is that I finally received FF X HD Remaster in the mail today! :whee:

The bad news is that I haven't gotten FFX-2 HD Remaster yet and that one shipped 3 weeks before FFX HD did. :headache:

OK, there's good news and bad news.

The good news is that I finally received FF X HD Remaster in the mail today! :whee:

The bad news is that I haven't gotten FFX-2 HD Remaster yet and that one shipped 3 weeks before FFX HD did. :headache:
I gave up and sent play-asia a threatening e-mail. Its been almost 8 weeks for me to get my game and nothing. I would think my FF X-2 HD copy is lost in the mail.

Latest Update:

Well, after going back and forth, they now offered me a store credit as of today. I told them to go  fuck themselves, as I have no plans to continue using their shop, so a store credit is USELESS. I told them to refund my original method, which was real money, not a damn store credit.

I'm sure like most here, we have been shopping at PA for years, and when something like this happens, they should have manned up, and just sent a replacement or a refund on our first request.

The CS rep keeps telling me how long overseas shipping can take, and what can go wrong. I was like yeah, I sale stuff online for a living, so I know all about what can happen, and how to keep a customer happy.

Does anyone know of any other online retailers where this Asia(English) version of FFX-2 for the Vita can be grabbed? I don't even mind paying more at this point, just as long as I don't have to deal with Play-Asia.

Latest Update:

Well, after going back and forth, they now offered me a store credit as of today. I told them to go fuck themselves, as I have no plans to continue using their shop, so a store credit is USELESS. I told them to refund my original method, which was real money, not a damn store credit.

I'm sure like most here, we have been shopping at PA for years, and when something like this happens, they should have manned up, and just sent a replacement or a refund on our first request.

The CS rep keeps telling me how long overseas shipping can take, and what can go wrong. I was like yeah, I sale stuff online for a living, so I know all about what can happen, and how to keep a customer happy.

Does anyone know of any other online retailers where this Asia(English) version of FFX-2 for the Vita can be grabbed? I don't even mind paying more at this point, just as long as I don't have to deal with Play-Asia.
I tried Googling the item code (4948872815260) and a few sites came up, but they all seem to be foreign (go figure, right) and list the game in different currencies, so I don't know if they'd work for someone in the United States (not to mention the sites themselves don't exactly instill the greatest confidence with their designs). There's a few on eBay right now, too, although the cheapest I see is $45 (I personally wouldn't go that high despite my love of physical copies). At least you have less to worry about when it comes to getting a refund there, though.

Anyway, I'd be pissed off if this happened to me, too. I thought about ordering a copy back when this topic was first made, but I'm really glad I didn't. I keep checking back in every once in a while to see how you guys are faring and it's crazy how they still haven't fixed the situation for you.

I'm not worried about getting a refund, as they asked if the store credit would be OK? Even Amazon will offer credits sometimes, as that's just easier when consumers are a regular customer. I'm sure later today they will reply and issue the refund through actual funds.

Just got a response about my time being up and still receiving nothing.  Here's their response pay close attention to the last paragraph I highlighted the good parts.

"Again, please let us apologize for the situation. We certainly appreciate
your custom, it makes us sad to hear about these problems when it comes to
the delivery of your items.

We ship all our orders from our warehouses in Hong Kong, our distribution
channels have been proven to be very reliable. Still, we are, in most
cases, shipping your products half way around the world; this leaves the
chance that something might go wrong on a very low number of shipments. As
for your particular order, we are very sorry it did not reach you.

We have spent a lot of time in research on what might have gone wrong with
your shipment, we have to admit, we did not learn much what actually could
have been the real cause. It may have been that the package contents were
not approved by the customs offices in your country, it may be have been
that the package size has caused difficulities to the destionation post
office. It is very difficult to get information on failed deliveries for
non-courier shipping methods. We haven't had a return of your package, so
all we know is that your package is now 'somewhere'. Not at your place, not
at any official postal authorities' places, not at our place.

If your order has not arrived until today, then we can, at this time, only
offer a refund in form of store credit for future purchases at
Play-Asia.com. We possibly could offer a resend of the lost item, and we
will do so if requested, however, please keep in mind that we can not give
any guarantee that the replacement would arrive, and that such action would
be on your own risk. Please let us know your decision.

We can not rule out that your parcel might eventually arrive still, if it
does arrive, please kindly let us know.

Once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused."
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I freaking knew it.  As of right now I'm not sure what I am going to do, I could argue for the refund in my for of payment back not dam store credit.  However I still want the game, but don't you love the attachments that come with it.

WOW, that is absolutely disgusting^

Yours was worded slightly different from mine. The one I got stated they would like to offer a store credit, and to let them know if this was acceptable? I told them flat out, I didn't pay with a store credit, so any refund needs to be made by the same way I paid. Just go ahead and tell them you want an actual refund, and to stick the game up their arse.

They also didn't say a replacement could end up the same way as missing. This is probably the worst part of the message you got. How can you conduct a business and tell customers they may or may not receive their package. I suggest EVERYONE here boycott these guys, as this is beyond pathetic.

Here is my update from today:

"We are very sorry to hear about this.

We already refunded the payment back to your PayPal account. Please kindly
check.

Thank you and again, we apologize for the inconvenience this might have
caused you. 

We hope to hear from you again.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

I got my FULL refund through Paypal, and I'm now done with these guys. So sad as I've been a loyal customer for years(since after Lik-Sang closed back in the day). This response to me was also very sad, in that I told them how long I had been a customer, and how this last 3 months was a complete nightmare. I also stated how I wouldn't be coming back, as they did very little to make me feel like my business was wanted, and they didn't seem to care at all.

You guys gotta be more teary in your replies to Play Asia. i told them how they had ruined my nephew's birthday in my last e-mail, which wasn't true onviously and rhey honestly told me they'll compensate me no matter if the game shows up or not by this Friday. I'm sure it won't but seems they got the message that they fucked up from my previous e-mails. I saw some FF X-2 Asian region on Ebay. It's about thr same price as play-asia but higher ahipping fees, which I don't mind as I could dispute it with Paypal if it doesn't arrive.

WOW, that is absolutely disgusting^

Yours was worded slightly different from mine. The one I got stated they would like to offer a store credit, and to let them know if this was acceptable? I told them flat out, I didn't pay with a store credit, so any refund needs to be made by the same way I paid. Just go ahead and tell them you want an actual refund, and to stick the game up their arse.

They also didn't say a replacement could end up the same way as missing. This is probably the worst part of the message you got. How can you conduct a business and tell customers they may or may not receive their package. I suggest EVERYONE here boycott these guys, as this is beyond pathetic.
Your telling me. They have to be the worst CS experience I've ever had hands down. Believe me I really want to tell them to go shove it and give me my refund, but I don't think it's going to happen. I love how after all the hoops we actually don't even really know if they sent the dam things in the first place. Also I liked though when I checked out there was a option I checked the that said I could add track for to this shipement but nowhere did it say it didn't apply to international orders.

The truth is the ideal result that I would like would be a refund(not store credit), then I would re-order it but this time with a courier shipping. That way I would have all the bases covered, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Yeah I'm getting the same song and dance from them.  I'm on a quest now to get a hold  of Jan Neuhaeusser  director of Play-asia.

So here is a question I would like some help on.

Does any one have any other suggestions for reliable video game import companies?
This was my go to place and I don't have any alternatives.

This most likely will be my last Play-Asia order ever because of the run around bull shit that I am receiving from there customer service.

Thanks

So here is a question I would like some help on.

Does any one have any other suggestions for reliable video game import companies?
This was my go to place and I don't have any alternatives.

This most likely will be my last Play-Asia order ever because of the run around bull shit that I am receiving from there customer service.

Thanks
Play-Asia is the one who imports both JPN/ASIAN versions of games. Most import video game stores only offer JPN version (NCSX has ASIAN version in some of their stock).

You can choose other import game stores like ami ami but I'm afraid you have to buy JPN version.

Well since my last post, I've been trying to decided what I want to do with regards to my order.  Whether fight for a refund or risk a replacement, again I really just wanted the game.  Figure I take a day to decide, that turned into two, and last night I was going to send a message to them with my decision but it was late and just said fuck it, do it tommorrow.  Well glad I did, because when I woke up there sitting by my computer was the package!  IT ACTUALLY FINALLY ARRIVED!!! :D/

Regardless though, I think I'm done dealing with them.  The whole situation has put a sour taste in my mouth.  I'm just going to notify them that I received it and then I don't have to deal with their CS anymore.

I finally received my copy today as well (FFX-2)! I was kind of surprised since I wasn't expecting anything in the mail. I've order stuff from them before but I'm kind of shocked how long it took for this game to arrive. The package says "By Air Mail". I'm wondering if they just tied our shipments via ballons with pigeons guiding the way  :nottalking:

Curious to, what part of the country you guys are located that got yours. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and so far nothing yet. I bought a copy of the Asian version via Ebay, so just want a refund from play-asia now. Gonna deal with ebay, superufo or other Hong Kong sites to get the Asian Region games from now on.

There was a guy on Gamefaqs who had DKC3D shipped to him on the 6th of June from Play-Asia, and he just received it yesterday. Something definitely happened to their shipments from early June, but I don't know what that was. Customers have been getting shipments periodically over the last few weeks. I've given up on mine, but I guess it could still arrive, but I'm not holding my breath.

what part of the country are you guys in who received there games?

Curious to, what part of the country you guys are located that got yours. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and so far nothing yet. I bought a copy of the Asian version via Ebay, so just want a refund from play-asia now. Gonna deal with ebay, superufo or other Hong Kong sites to get the Asian Region games from now on.
Atlantic Northeast, New Hampshire in New England to be more precise.

My FFX actually arrived on Saturday. Kind of surprising it finally showed up. Oddly enough I was kind of hoping it would be lost and I would get a refund or credit. I really should have just ordered FFX-2.

My FFX actually arrived on Saturday. Kind of surprising it finally showed up. Oddly enough I was kind of hoping it would be lost and I would get a refund or credit. I really should have just ordered FFX-2.
When did your original order ship? Was this from early June(6th)?

WOW, this is really crazy users are getting orders from 2+ months ago. PA really needs to talk to someone in there distro chain. I've actually been refunded already, so I doubt I'll ever see my order, as I'm not that lucky. Even though this experience was complete arse, PA is and was the only place to have FFX-2 at a decent price. Sadly, that doesn't mean much if the game never arrives. I never bothered to reorder, as I can't find it anywhere else that has a decent price, or trusted service.

Whole situation is weird with first the multiple missing packages, then some of them arriving 2 months later.

I sent an email yesterday asking for the refund since it'd been about 4 weeks.

They replied asking for order numbers again, so I answered.

They replied telling me they would do a trace which would take 3-4 weeks. (AGAIN)

I'm not having that, told them to read the email chain and see that they already did their fake investigation.

Whole situation is weird with first the multiple missing packages, then some of them arriving 2 months later.

I sent an email yesterday asking for the refund since it'd been about 4 weeks.

They replied asking for order numbers again, so I answered.

They replied telling me they would do a trace which would take 3-4 weeks. (AGAIN)

I'm not having that, told them to read the email chain and see that they already did their fake investigation.
LOL

Sorry to hear that, but they need to improve their customer service.

Wow!  Just received mine today!  Like most of us here, if not everyone, mine was shipped on 6/5, and finally received it today after more than 2 months.  

Just FYI, I'm in SoCal.  Seems like this shipment is finally arriving into US.  For those of you who haven't received yours, hope they will arrive soon.

Wow! Just received mine today! Like most of us here, if not everyone, mine was shipped on 6/5, and finally received it today after more than 2 months.

Just FYI, I'm in SoCal. Seems like this shipment is finally arriving into US. For those of you who haven't received yours, hope they will arrive soon.
FFX-2?

Holy lost packages Batman, mine arrived today as well(I'm in Vegas). The label has ZERO indication of when this was shipped, or where it has been for 2+ months. No dates, no time stamps, no nothing.There was a $5 off coupon inside that expired on the 2nd of August. LOL

My best guess is all of these packages where on a plane or vehicle that was lost, broke down, or some other form of delay, as this is the weirdest delivery situation I've ever seen(all packages from June 5th ONLY). Even though it seems Play-Asia may not have been at fault, their CS was beyond ass-backwards, and I still have no plans to use them again anytime soon.

I had the Vita physical Child Of Light on order, but they contacted me with some delay BS, and I told them to cancel. I took my FFX-2 refund, and ordered the UK version from Amazon.

Just got my FFX-2 today as well.  Also in SoCal.   When I contacted the rep last week, they told me to please just wait the rest of last week and contact them early this week.  If nothing then, they will compensate me.  I said ok since what's another few days more considering I waited this long already?  Maybe they knew something lol...

Maybe they knew something lol...
They didn't know jacks**t. What they knew was that probably hundreds of orders where missing, and they hoped and prayed that they would show up so they wouldn't have to refund everybody. Until they can tell me specifically what happened and what went wrong, I'm not using them again.

They should post a PSA on their front page and apologies to everyone who had to wait 3+ months for their orders(from start to finish). I literally placed my order on May 10, 2014. Three full months from beginning to end is crap at best, So long Play-Asia, we had a good run.

Glad some of you guys go it. Play-asia is now wanting to offer me store credit only as they consider my package lost, but that's only what they can offer as a refund, even though they stated in a earlier e-mail that they would refund me back my money. Sent them an angry ligitationous e-mail. Man, never again will I deal with them for Import games

Wow.

FF X actually came in today. It originally shipped June 10th. Also with a coupon that expired the 4th of August.
Some handwritten numbers on the outside which don't seem to mean anything.

FF X-2 still missing which shipped earlier on the 6th.
Guess I'll email them to let them know.

Glad some of you guys go it. Play-asia is now wanting to offer me store credit only as they consider my package lost, but that's only what they can offer as a refund, even though they stated in a earlier e-mail that they would refund me back my money. Sent them an angry ligitationous e-mail. Man, never again will I deal with them for Import games
They tried that crap with me. I just told them I didn't pay by store credit, so don't offer me a refund by that manner. They apologized and refunded me through Paypal the next day.

Oh but still. Why pay $55+ when you can get it off Amazon for $29 xD
Because some of us like having physical releases thats ours forever. Rather a digital download thats tied to one specific console that we can loose at any time for just about for any reason or when the servers to the system finally shut down.

Oh but still. Why pay $55+ when you can get it off Amazon for $29 xD
As stated by others, physical is the way to go. I only ever buy digital when there is no other options(last resort for me). I personally got the US game on sale for 30, then I sold the download code for X-2 for 20. So now I'm only into the first game for 10 bucks.

Then I got X-2 on Play-Asia for 28. So then I'm only out 38 for both games, and now I OWN THEM BOTH. No digital for me, and no filling up my memory card with items that don't need to be there. The industry may be going digital, but I'll fight that with my last breath :D

Holy Shit! Both copies of the games arrived yesterday at the same time.

The packages looked like they were just shipped out even though the coupons inside were expired.

I really can't believe these showed up after all this time.

As stated by others, physical is the way to go. I only ever buy digital when there is no other options(last resort for me). I personally got the US game on sale for 30, then I sold the download code for X-2 for 20. So now I'm only into the first game for 10 bucks.

Then I got X-2 on Play-Asia for 28. So then I'm only out 38 for both games, and now I OWN THEM BOTH. No digital for me, and no filling up my memory card with items that don't need to be there. The industry may be going digital, but I'll fight that with my last breath :D
Ah... I get what you mean. I didn't know the NA version had a digital copy of X-2 and X is in the PSV game card. I thought they were both in the PSV game card. -__- Well this sucks. I only have 21gb left and I'm planning on getting PS+ in a couple of weeks.

Because some of us like having physical releases thats ours forever. Rather a digital download thats tied to one specific console that we can loose at any time for just about for any reason or when the servers to the system finally shut down.
The game card could always break or be lost/stolen ;)

Digital version could be unavailable due to licensing or server (ex: marvel vs capcom)
No title that has been delisted has been undownloadable for people who purchased the game on XBL or PSN. So that isn't a fair comparison.

Well, after 3 e-mail exchanges yesterday asking them for a refund and they saying rhey'll only accept a store credit, I gave up on the pleasantried and contacted my credit card company, as I used then through paypal an got my money back and they'll duke it out with play-asia. Did anybody every deal with play-asia that severely. It put me off importing from them and for sure gonna keep a track of items within the 45 paypal claim limit.

This is Sony, not Nintendo.

Well, after 3 e-mail exchanges yesterday asking them for a refund and they saying rhey'll only accept a store credit, I gave up on the pleasantried and contacted my credit card company, as I used then through paypal an got my money back and they'll duke it out with play-asia. Did anybody every deal with play-asia that severely. It put me off importing from them and for sure gonna keep a track of items within the 45 paypal claim limit.
Yeah, maybe they got so many refund request, they decided to not honor full standard refunds. That is complete BS, and I would for sure contact my CC or PP, or whomever. I would also continue to contact them and complain. What bastards.

bread's done
Back