Play Uncharted 3 at select AMC theatres (NY, LA, SF, DC, Dallas) and get early copy

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: The event is now over, I hope those that attended enjoyed themselves! If you haven't received a confirmation email, send your inquiries to: [email protected]

I wasn't sure if this is the right section but it's sort of a cool deal for those in the qualifying area. Naughty Dog has partnered with AMC theatres to have an event from Oct 18th - 20th where you can play Uncharted 3 in select theaters in 3D, and win prizes from Sony, and much more.

The general admission is $25 to participate, BUT if you pay the $60 instead for the Premium pass you'll also have a copy of UC3 mailed to you early (shipped via Fed Ex on Oct. 25th). To Clarify since some below were confused: You don't have to pay $85, the $60 premium entry also includes general admission.

Pretty cool if you were planning to buy the game anyway! Odds are you'll be walking out of there with plenty of free swag :cool:

To Buy tickets online just go through one of the theater links below, OR easier go directly to the UC3 Fandango Page (linked underneath this paragraph), enter your zip and choose the date you want. Some theaters don't have purchase links up yet (like Century City for ex) so you'll either have to wait till they do, or try and get them in person. There's also a $1.50 convenience charge if buying on Fandango, but thankfully no taxes:

Buy Tickets from Fandango HERE (not all theatres go through Fandango some go through movietickets.com so click the theater links below for those)

UPDATE: The thread has now been Wikified, below you'll find a list of all the theares and showtimes. Feel free to post which one you're attending to plan any meetups or whatever. Feel free to re-organize the list structure!

MKT_1401_Uncharted_header.jpg
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D

On October 18, 19, 20, take part in a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience from PlayStation. UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: PLAY IT FIRST IN 3D is happening exclusively at select AMC Theatres. This is your chance to play one of the most highly-anticipated video game releases of the year on the big screen and in 3D before it releases. These unique events include:

• An inside look at the game from the development team at Naughty Dog
  • A multiplayer tournament
  • In-theatre gaming shown on the big screen in 3D
  • PlayStation and Sony prize giveaways all night long
Get the game before it releases with the UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass.*
Tickets are on sale now while supplies last, so get yours today!

• General Admission: $25
  • UNCHARTED 3 Premium Pass: $60
Participating Theatres:

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

SOURCE
Who's Attending

Feel free to drop your username at the event you're going to. Add any other communication info you want in parentheses​

San Francisco
18th:
19th: MunkichioO, Oddeye
20th:

Los Angeles
18th: SecretAgentHam
19th: Metalh123, jantzn
20th:

D.C.
18th: msriflegirl, DeskLaser, phogoodness, youngnoble
19th: ajumbaje, buckythekat
20th:

NYC
18th: Serpentor, Dannya25, Blehza, Quest1962, jiggyteddy
19th: iguss
20th: Dramasetter929, randy_wrecked, pete5883

Dallas
18th: aramsey1986
19th: mkernan
20th: TommyTSquared

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sasuke543']Has anyone tried buying tickets for the one in LA? I always get a site maintenance page....[/QUOTE]

I haven't gone through the whole checkout process but I didn't see any maintenance page.

- Go here: http://www.amctheatres.com/centurycity/
- Change date to Oct 18th, 19th or 20th
- It'll redirect you to movietickets.com, select the showtime and checkout

I understand why they only want to do this event in large cities but with how many large video game companies up here in the pacific northwest it makes me sad they didn't decide to include Seattle/Portland in the list.

[quote name='iguss']Do you think we give them our mailing address at the event?[/QUOTE]

Yes, its stated in the op.

* Pass includes (1) game copy and shipping. One (1) copy of UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception will be shipped to customer on 10/25/11 via FedEx. Customer will be required to register at the event and provide a valid residential shipping address. We are unable to ship to P.O. boxes, customer will be required to sign for package upon delivery.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I walked away with signed copy of Uncharted 1 for 2nd place in the tourney AND won the FORTUNE HUNTER edition in the random raffle at last years CHICAGO EVENT!!! why is there no chicago event this year?????? I need to defend my fortune hunter status!

well that helps my decision.

I just found out I have an exam on wednesday the 19th, so the 20th is a viable option now... hmm..

anyone going to NYC on the 20th?

[quote name='Penguin1084']well that helps my decision.

I just found out I have an exam on wednesday the 19th, so the 20th is a viable option now... hmm..

anyone going to NYC on the 20th?[/QUOTE]

I might... still debating. Was really set on the collectors edition...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I might... still debating. Was really set on the collectors edition...[/QUOTE]

yea so was I.

even trying to buy a ticket now is giving me problems. it keeps saying "Please enter a quantity"

[quote name='Drclaw411']and just like with sports officials, chicago isnt recognized as being a major market.

Philadelphia Phillies
Green Bay Packers
Miami Heat
New York Yankees
Los Angelas Lakers
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Redwings
Boston Red Sox
New York Giants
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
The Tea Party

all take precedence over the bulls, cubs, white sox, blackhawks, bears, and democrats when it comes to unfair things happening in their favor[/QUOTE]Believe me, I love Chicago a ton, but it did get an Uncharted event last time. It could be the hardcore gamer population there is a bit low.

I mean, I wasn't too far from the Chicago area, and while Anime Central got good attendance, I'd say the number of Otakus population was no where near as large as Baltimore/DC.

I mean, the NFL is the most popular professional sports league in the US, yet Lost Angeles (second largest metropolitan area in the US) doesn't even have a time. Something will be unfair somewhere.

I am so down with this. Attending the SF one at the Metreon. Looking forward to the game, meeting some cool gamers, and winning some swag. 61.50 for the event, and early copy of the game, and potential prizes. NICE. But now I have to cancel my pre-order at Gamestop. Ugh, they can be weird with trade-in pre-orders. No matter see you Bay Area peeps at the event.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I mean, the NFL is the most popular professional sports league in the US, yet Lost Angeles (second largest metropolitan area in the US) doesn't even have a [team].[/QUOTE]

We should just start a Thrashball league.

In for two in Los Angeles - my wife loved Uncharted 2, should be a fun time and I used discount codes to drop the price as well.

Three cheers for the CAGs! :applause:

So - for the CAGer who wondered if any LA CAGs succeeded - yep. Sure did.

Anyone going to the one in Los Angeles? I bought my ticket earlier today and it said the time it started was 5:00 pm. I just looked at the movietickets site and now it says it's at 6:30 pm. Did they change the time?

[quote name='msriflegirl']I am really tempted to hit this up in DC...choices choices...[/QUOTE]

Ditto... Got the go ahead from the wife..

I haven't finished Uncharted 1 yet and don't even have Uncharted 2 yet as I am new to PS3... Know I am going to get 3 eventually and think this would be cool just need something to push me over the edge to say you need to do this...

If my PS3 didn't commit suicide last month I would definitely go since I would be buying the game anyway. I still kinda wanna go though, it sounds fun.... Maybe I'll win the tournament and walk out with a new PS3. :p

[quote name='WV Matsui']Ditto... Got the go ahead from the wife..

I haven't finished Uncharted 1 yet and don't even have Uncharted 2 yet as I am new to PS3... Know I am going to get 3 eventually and think this would be cool just need something to push me over the edge to say you need to do this...[/QUOTE]

Im coming from Richmond for this...

[quote name='CookieMonster156']Did the time at San Francisco just change from 5PM to 6:30PM?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it. Better time imo

[quote name='etcrane']Wonder if it's better to go to the 1st one on the 18th or last on the 20th[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the middle one on the 19th? Lol

I figure:
First night: logistical and technical issues.
Last night: out of schwag

Would be nice to know which dev team members are going where each night.

[quote name='gantt']What's wrong with the middle one on the 19th? Lol

I figure:
First night: logistical and technical issues.
Last night: out of schwag

Would be nice to know which dev team members are going where each night.[/QUOTE]

That definitely would be nice to know and how early are you guys going to be getting there?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Ive decided to skip this event as i work that day. I hope you guys enjoy it :) ill just wait for my amazon copy to come in[/QUOTE]
Really? But you're right there!

Plus the "best in the world" is going to be there.

[quote name='enemyofusall']That definitely would be nice to know and how early are you guys going to be getting there?[/QUOTE]

Good question (assuming you are going to Tyson's Corner). I am definitely working out of McLean on the 18th so I wont have to fight [as much] traffic to get there.

Bought a premium ticket for DC on Tuesday the 18th earlier today. I did want the game anyways, so what the hell, might as well get that premium ticket and get a fun experience out of it as well!

I'll say it right now. If you're going and you don't buy the $60 premium pass, you're an idiot. It's pretty much the same as ignoring an opportunity to pay $35 for Uncharted 3 and getting it before the street date.

bread's done
Back