PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Shit I don't even do MP.

I didn't need it to play Zelda and Mario, I don't need it now.

Give me a fun single player experience.[/QUOTE]

Amen! I want games that I can play 15 years from now. MP servers shut down eventually with the exception of some PC games

Did you hear that little titbit he snuck in there? NO NATIVE PS3 GAME SUPPORT.

Yeah they hope to integrate the PS3 games into the cloud, ie: you will have to buy your shit again.

[quote name='skiizim']You didn't miss much, most of the talk was about how much a ps4 wants to be a PC but act as a console, I wonder who copied who, Nintendo or Sony.[/QUOTE]THanks. Have they shown the console or the controller yet?

[quote name='DT778']Have they shown the console or the controller yet?[/QUOTE]

Just the controller and a kinect like device, I don't think they are still running on dev kits, I have no idea if they have prototype of what it's going to look like.

Watching this Sony announcement thing, and wow. So, it's basically a PC, and you're going to add stuff to the PSN that makes it a worse Steam. Then you're going to use your brawny new video hardware to make games that look as shitty as that Knack game you "showcased" and let people stream (which you think is currently not possible) but not get paid for it like they would if they just used twitch.tv. I'll tell you what I want Sony - NOT cloud gaming. This is unfortunate because I actually like Sony, but they're just going all in with terrible ideas and as far as I can tell, even worse execution.

I love this idea of being able to have people play my game and do something for me, or me helping out my friend with a level or boss.

[quote name='Methoes']Watching this Sony announcement thing, and wow. So, it's basically a PC, and you're going to add stuff to the PSN that makes it a worse Steam. Then you're going to use your brawny new video hardware to make games that look as shitty as that Knack game you "showcased" and let people stream (which you think is currently not possible) but not get paid for it like they would if they just used twitch.tv. I'll tell you what I want Sony - NOT cloud gaming. This is unfortunate because I actually like Sony, but they're just going all in with terrible ideas and as far as I can tell, even worse execution.[/QUOTE]

I hope the Steam Box destroys PS4, if I wanted this Cloud gaming crap I would launch Steam

It sounds like the PS4 doesn't have any BC unless you stream the games? So I can't even play my retail PS3 games? fuck that noise...

I figured we wouldn't get PS2 BC and probably not PS1 BC, but no PS3 BC would definitely mean a "no buy" for me until the price drops. It's ridiculious to expect consumers to continually re-buy games.

[quote name='lastemp3ror']No way the Vita will be able to run every PS 4 game.[/QUOTE]
Well, it's just remote play.
You can play anything that way on any device.

[quote name='lastemp3ror']No way the Vita will be able to run every PS 4 game.[/QUOTE]

Yea I don't see it playing anything more then PS2 games at best (would be awesome but Sony is sooooo slow with stuff holding back progress).

Its not running any PS4 games. The PS4 is still doing that. It's essentially just mirroring the image to your Vita screen.

[quote name='Spyder187']The more I watch this shit the more they are selling me on a SteamBox. [/QUOTE]

The more I watch this, the more I hope the game industry crashes like it did in the early 80s.

[quote name='Vinny']It sounds like the PS4 doesn't have any BC unless you stream them? So I can't even play my PS3 BD games? fuck that noise...

I figured we wouldn't get PS2 BC and probably not PS1 BC, but no PS3 BC would definitely mean a "no buy" for me (until it's super cheap).[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense why no PS3 BC except for them trying get an extra buck out of it

This system looks nice and they said all the right things, but unless Kojima gets up and says "Exclusive Metal Gear," I can wait for a price drop.

Also, was that a shitload of slowdown in that Killzone demo? That looked like a shitload of slowdown to me.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']The more I watch this, the more I hope the game industry crashes like it did in the early 80s.[/QUOTE]
Amen brother

I don't know why people are surprised by the BC announcement. They would have to include a cell processor in the PS4 to play the PS3 discs which would raise the cost of the console. Then you would have people complaining the console is too expensive. Of course I would like the PS4 to play PS3 games but it's just the reality of it. It would be cool if they had some way to get a free cloud game of PS3 games you do own but I don't know how they would do that other then sending in your physical copies which may not fly with some people.

They can't do BC because the architecture of the system is so different. Blame Ken Kutaragi and Sony for being dumb and pushing that CELL architecture.

[quote name='breakfuss']Welp, there goes any hope for BC. Otherwise, though, I'm happy with what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us saw that coming after what Sony unveiled about tagging their software.

It can't be any worst than what Nintendo has to offer, the vita OLED screen would make a lot of games shine as well. A lot of content on Netflix looks great on the vita.

I'm not surprised by the exclusion of BC, as I've been saying for weeks that it wouldn't natively support it. I was just hoping that they would already have the Gakai infrastructure in place to address it. Or maybe even a highend SKU for people that want BC.

just tuned in, this game they're showing now looks marginally better than current gen.

do we really need a new console? sigh

[quote name='SEH']Its not running any PS4 games. The PS4 is still doing that. It's essentially just mirroring the image to your Vita screen.[/QUOTE]

So the PS4 needs to be wired to the Vita? Or in the same network or something? If so.....blah

[quote name='renique46']When i buy a ps4 i totally buy it to play Ps3 games:roll:

Protip: you wanna play ps3 games get a goddamn ps3[/QUOTE]

Protip: Some of us don't want to have 23 systems hogging up space when today's technology should allow us to play previous gen games on the most recent console.

[quote name='gsr']just tuned in, this game they're showing now looks marginally better than current gen.

do we really need a new console? sigh[/QUOTE]

This always happens with launch titles. Not until about a year later will we see drastic improvement.

[quote name='Josh5890']I don't care about bc because I still have my PS2 and PS3[/QUOTE]

Its amazing a lot of people aren't as smart as you

Oh c'mon guys, you know when the release date gets closer, the hype machine will grab you and you'll just be throwing this down.

shut-up-and-take-my-money-meme-visa-bank-card.jpg

[quote name='spoo']WAIT, no bc.[/QUOTE]

I would just hate for the value to drop once they add more PS3 games in the PSN store at reasonable price.

[quote name='HydroX']Oh c'mon guys, you know when the release date gets closer, the hype machine will grab you and you'll just be throwing this down.[/QUOTE]

When release gets closer and this is hyped everybody is going to grab one to resell like they did with the Wii U.

[quote name='HydroX']Oh c'mon guys, you know when the release date gets closer, the hype machine will grab you and you'll just be throwing this down.

[/QUOTE]

No...no I won't.

I never buy a console at launch.

bread's done
Back