Need for Speed: Rivals

Playroom (Pre-installed)

Skylanders: Swap Force

Tiny Brains

War Frame

War Thunder

Watch Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
When they showed that, I thought they were talking about an Altered Beast remake.  Now that would have caught my interest, but I never played the other game so meh.

That conference was disappointing. You would think after the Vita disappointment, that Sony would learn to go all in with new games for the PS4. Sounds like we're better off just waiting for both systems to come out and avoid the early adopter urge. Both systems don't excite me enough to buy on Day 1 just yet. The marginal upgrades in these next-gen consoles aren't convincing enough on their own so 2014 sounds like the right time for me. At least by then, more games will be out and I'll feel better about my PS4 investment. At this point, I feel like buying a PS4 or X1 is just going to be a gamble for the lack of a better term.
I think it really depends on if you have the money and time to play it. You can get it at launch or later next year, the price is still going to be the same. The games are going to come for both consoles considering we are buying into another 5-7 year lifecycle.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/20/sony-confirms-all-countries-ps4-will-be-available-in-on-november-15thnovember-29th/

32 Countries confirmed for the November launch.

November 15th

• Canada
  • United States
November 29th – Europe

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
November 29th – Latin America

• Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Mexico
  • Panama
  • Peru

I think it really depends on if you have the money and time to play it. You can get it at launch or later next year, the price is still going to be the same. The games are going to come for both consoles considering we are buying into another 5-7 year lifecycle.

Well for me, it's not an issue about money or time. I will be buying a next-gen console at the very minimum. I just am unsure as to the timing.

I get your point though. If you're going to be buying a next-gen console, you might as well get it early so you can maximize your gaming library and experience with the latest technology. A price drop won't be happening for a long time so it doesn't make sense to wait a few years to just save $50.

I'm leaning towards PS4 at this point but I'm not totally convinced yet that it will be the better gaming investment in the long run. I'm very skeptical about the Kinect potential on the X1, but a part of me tells me I may still be surprised in the end. I was hoping for more exclusives to validate my PS4 preorder at Best Buy. So far I've been disappointed. At a minimum, I'm sure I can sell my preorder if things don't get better by then.

Well for me, it's not an issue about money or time. I will be buying a next-gen console at the very minimum. I just am unsure as to the timing.

I get your point though. If you're going to be buying a next-gen console, you might as well get it early so you can maximize your gaming library and experience with the latest technology. A price drop won't be happening for a long time so it doesn't make sense to wait a few years to just save $50.

I'm leaning towards PS4 at this point but I'm not totally convinced yet that it will be the better gaming investment in the long run. I'm very skeptical about the Kinect potential on the X1, but a part of me tells me I may still be surprised in the end. I was hoping for more exclusives to validate my PS4 preorder at Best Buy. So far I've been disappointed. At a minimum, I'm sure I can sell my preorder if things don't get better by then.
I would say wait for a bundle or a gift card offer.

I don't mind purchasing a PS4 at launch. Sony's price point puts them in a position where they shouldn't be pressured to drop the price for some time. X1 is already expensive and the basic PS3 (12 GB) just dropped to $199. I don't expect a price drop any time soon.

If they really saved the best for last, then that's a slap in the face to the West.
They only revealed the controller, the console, the price, the launch date, Killzone, Infamous, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny, the Camera, ect in the West... TGS does seem like a good place for them to clear up the Japanese launch and give the Japanese developers some time to show off some of their stuff.

Ok I saw on Venture Beat that Killzone is a "launch window title" I really hope not, that'd be fucking idiotic to not have it at launch when it's supposedly your big showcase. It sure as hell ain't Knack and Drive Club just doesn't seem to have much buzz.

No console at launch is a great buy. The next holiday after launch is usually a great time to buy
I know, I wasn't originally planning on preordering then MS did that bullshit and I decided to support Sony but now I'm having second thoughts and it seems like MS has run home with it's proverbial tail between it's legs. I'm probably going to stick it out since I've already applied promotional credit to the PS4 version of Watch Dogs and because there will probably be some fantastic PS+ shit free for early adopters.

i wonder how many people will be mad that got the watch dogs launch systems that will not get it at launch. But i figured both these things would be out in nov. 

No surprises for me, I wanted an October release but I was expecting early-mid November.

I would have liked to see a couple more exclusives available at launch but then again why not drop all of your bombs at E3? I can't say I was shocked that they didn't reveal more...

I'm still in for the console and KZ on launch day.  ACIV as soon as the price drops, and Knack probably for Christmas.  Indies will tide me over until Second Son comes out and then 3-4 months after that a lot of these other exclusives should start coming out.  It's the same as always guys, launches usually only have a handful of good games.  I seriously doubt MS is going to be going all in on their launch.

As for the Uncharted 4 talk, ND has stated multiple times that they don't think they're done with Drake just yet.  My bet is that is the game they're working on, and look forward to a possible VGA announcement just like they did with The Last of Us.

i wonder how many people will be mad that got the watch dogs launch systems that will not get it at launch. But i figured both these things would be out in nov.
I've been thinking about that for a while and have been a little annoyed about the situation but far from mad. I'm not sure if I'd end up playing Watch Dogs day one anyway though I suppose the smart thing would be to power through the game then dump it on eBay. Games on new consoles tend to hold their value for a lot longer than those on the older systems.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about getting any of the launch consoles...
I feel the same way and it's not even about the money. It's weird, because I don't even really care that much about playing AC IV right away but it's the principle of waiting to get it after it launches on PS3 that rustles my jimmies. I legitimately thought October was the date and would work out getting to pick up games as they came out. It's not that big of a deal, but for some reason it just irks me lol.

Although I'm probably going to cancel my PS4 pre-order, seeing many of these trailers make me think what awesome experiences we'll have 1-2 years down the road... once developers get familiar with the consoles and once they release the games that were built specifically for the systems. I remember how my mind was blown by Gears of War, BioShock, Modern Warfare and Uncharted 2 last gen, and I cannot wait to see what this generation's iconic games end up being. Seeing inFamous 2 makes me think how awesome a next gen GTA is gonna be. 

With all of that said, Rime actually looks like one of the cooler games Sony showed. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-deadlight-developers-rime-revealed

I'm still debating my PS4 pre-order.  I think I'll keep it though since I'd probably end up getting one anyway so may as well get it now rather than wait a year for a price drop or bundle just to save $50 when I could have a decent library already.  Really hope MLB The Show comes out for PS4 too since I'd love to have a decent MLB game for once.

It's nice to see MS reversing their policies but still not enough for me. They seem to have no clear plan or vision right now. Also quite interested in Gaikai since I never had a PS3 but who knows if that'll ever come to fruition like they envision.  

mlb the show is THE baseball game on ps3. its coming to the ps4.
That's a reason I do want to jump from 360 to PS4. 2K was mostly a joke. Sure I'll miss Gears and a couple other games but to have a decent baseball game again would be fantastic. 2K never came close to MVP. I hear good things about The Show so I hope it shows up on PS4 next year.

That's a reason I do want to jump from 360 to PS4. 2K was mostly a joke. Sure I'll miss Gears and a couple other games but to have a decent baseball game again would be fantastic. 2K never came close to MVP. I hear good things about The Show so I hope it shows up on PS4 next year.
The main 360 exclusive games I like are Gears, Fable, and Alan Wake. At least Alan Wake will be on PC.

yea Alan wake is the only reason I own an Xbox and maybe a few of the RPG's like Lost Odyssey(still my favorite this gen). Makes me said Quantum Break will be an Xbone exclusive hoping it will "break" the exclustivity but not holding my breath.

yea Alan wake is the only reason I own an Xbox and maybe a few of the RPG's like Lost Odyssey(still my favorite this gen). Makes me said Quantum Break will be an Xbone exclusive hoping it will "break" the exclustivity but not holding my breath.
That won't happen since MS is publishing Quantum Break. But then again, MS published ME and that... eventually ended up on the PS3. There's still a chance it'll come out on the PC though.

<p>

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/20/sony-confirms-all-countries-ps4-will-be-available-in-on-november-15thnovember-29th/

32 Countries confirmed for the November launch.

November 15th

• Canada
  • United States
November 29th – Europe
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
November 29th – Latin America
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Mexico
  • Panama
  • Peru
I wonder how this will affect Microsoft considering the countries they will not be launching x1 in... Will by default mean all multiplatform titles are essentially timed exclusive to ps4 in those countries.

Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer was on display during Sony’s gamescom press conference today, with the firm showing how forced together by circumstance, the Helghast and Vektans must live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall. This can’t end well. Check it out in action below as well as through the screenshots. Killzone: Shadow Fall will release as a PS4 launch title, and all multiplayer DLC will be free.
Nice bonus there.

PS4 has 33 launch titles (15 retail/18 digital) and X1 has 23 launch titles I'm guessing most are retail and stuff like Peggle 2 will be digital only.

yep it's shocking i was hoping sony would put some work into their interface that alot of people did not like.
I hear ya, brah. Everytime I boot up the PS3, I just sit there in disbelief at how awful it is. Then I think about playing my game and just decide screw it, this UI is so bad I'm not even going to play a game.

The only real thing I don't like about the XMB is the really shitty system menus on the left when you need to make changes to something. Drilling down into menus and things aren't always where you expect them to be and some things look like they say the same thing. Like..uh...why is there an audio option in the video menu?

I hear ya, brah. Everytime I boot up the PS3, I just sit there in disbelief at how awful it is. Then I think about playing my game and just decide screw it, this UI is so bad I'm not even going to play a game.
was this really needed BRAH it's my opinion you don't have to mock me for a opinion plus i use my ps3 more then gaming would be nice to have a more wide spread ui. I was happy once 360 moved away from their first dashboard with the tabs i love the 360 ui right now.

The only real thing I don't like about the XMB is the really shitty system menus on the left when you need to make changes to something. Drilling down into menus and things aren't always where you expect them to be and some things look like they say the same thing. Like..uh...why is there an audio option in the video menu?
that is the main problem i have to get into one option i have to scroll down tons and tons of selections. Heck some stuff i don't use much i forget the area it's in.

yep it's shocking i was hoping sony would put some work into their interface that alot of people did not like.
There was a dire lack of ad space.

The 2006 Emmy® Award for Outstanding Innovation and Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for the Best Use of Personal Media Display and Presentation Technology

Xross Media Bar – Sony Computer Entertainment
http://www.emmyonline.tv/mediacenter/tech_2k6_winners.html

But yeah, people did not like it.

for a person that uses my game systems more then gaming i would like a decent layout of menus and yes 360 dashboard is not the greatest with the ads but at least it's very easy to do things and not have to search menu after menu for a app i want to use. 

There was a dire lack of ad space.
ad space would not bother me at all on ps4 seeing that would = money in sony pocket which means better online service and better servers. Thats a reason why i never mind paying for live since org xbox started it back in 2002 and now ads on 360 it only helps pay for great servers and even ps3 only people that i know admit ps3 servers are not that great and same with the psn service compared to live servers and service.

Don't worry Timbo, I'm sure the Halo TV show will win plenty of emmys.

ad space would not bother me at all on ps4 seeing that would = money in sony pocket which means better online service and better servers. Thats a reason why i never mind paying for live since org xbox started it back in 2002 and now ads on 360 it only helps pay for great servers and even ps3 only people that i know admit ps3 servers are not that great and same with the psn service compared to live servers and service.
Oh boy, ads plastered all over on a paid service is awful no matter how you spin it, and I'll say the same about ps4 if they do it.

Say what you want about update and patch speeds, but the majority of online play this gen was P2P for both systems, so paying for ads is even worse.

bread's done
Back