PlayStation 4 - General Discussion Thread

Fri, Aug 30, 2013 | 06:04 BST

Sony signs 21 publishers for exclusive PlayStation content
In a presentation at GameStop Expo in Las Vegas this weekend, SCE America unveiled an impressive list of publishers committed to providing exclusive content for PlayStation platforms.

20130830_ps4_playstation.jpg

The full line up of publishers, helpfully listed by Gematsu, is below and detailed where possible. Unfortunately, much of it remains a mystery; it is likely to range from early access right through to platform exclusives, for PS3, PS4, Vita and PlayStation Mobile.

<p>

Fri, Aug 30, 2013 | 06:04 BST Sony signs 21 publishers for exclusive PlayStation content
In a presentation at GameStop Expo in Las Vegas this weekend, SCE America unveiled an impressive list of publishers committed to providing exclusive content for PlayStation platforms.

The full line up of publishers, helpfully listed by Gematsu, is below and detailed where possible. Unfortunately, much of it remains a mystery; it is likely to range from early access right through to platform exclusives, for PS3, PS4, Vita and PlayStation Mobile.

It will be interesting to see what the Atlus exclusive is.

PlayStation 4 Bundle Contains Killzone, Camera, Second Controller

And all for the same price as an Xbox One.
by Luke Karmali
August 30, 2013

Sony is set to release a PlayStation 4 bundle that'll include a game and extra accessories for the same price the Xbox One will retail at in Europe.

Though the bundle hasn't been officially announced, that ever-trusty bastion of leaks Amazon France has revealed it'll include a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall, the PlayStation 4 Camera and two DualShock 4 controllers. All this in addition to a Jet Black 500GB PlayStation 4 console.

At the moment the bundle is listed for retail at €499; the exact same amount as Microsoft's European Xbox One price.

In contrast, anyone who pre-orders Microsoft's console will be getting an Xbox One, Kinect and a copy of FIFA 14 for the same price.

Back in June we heard that Sony had decided against bundling the PlayStation 4 Camera in with the console to make sure it beat Microsoft when it came down to price. Upon reflection, the company seems to have decided it can afford to include it in a bundle after all.

IGN has been told that there's no official news on UK or European bundles at this time. As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.

Great interveiw over at Edge, they touched on Gaikai. http://www.edge-online.com/features/ps4-next-gen-rivalry-and-the-vita-rescue-plan-in-conversation-with-playstations-jim-ryan/

There was no mention on Gaikai’s services in the conference, can you give us an update on when that will roll out?

"Yeah sure and I’ll tell you why is wasn’t touched upon last night. So the plan is to begin with North America next year and the plan is to provide a streaming service that will allow for PS3 content initially to be streamed to firstly PS4 then PS Vita and then PS3."

So it’s next year?

"2014 – early-ish for North America."

Man, how awesome would it be if Gaikai was included with a PS Plus subscription? Wishful thinking I know, but it would add even more value to an already amazing service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaikai would be great if it was with PS+.  I'm really hoping it pans out so I can play some PS3 games I've missed out on since I don't own a PS3.  

It's nice to know it's still on the way for "early 2014" whenever that really turns out to be.  Can't wait to hear more details about it.

If I knew more about that and knew for sure that MLB The Show was coming out next year for PS4 I'd be a lot more excited about a PS4 than I already am.

Much like the whole "exclusives" and "early access" grip that MS had for a while in the last generation I think Sony is going to have that same edge in this round. Betas, exclusives, overall better lineup I expect from Sony.

Today while I was looking on the PSN Store, I noticed there's a Playstation 4 section now for pre-views and such. However, that's not the interesting part. One of the games had a "pre-order" now thing on it (the link went to a video) and the section also mentioned day one downloads for PS4... So I suspect Sony may be opening up virtual pre-orders for PS4 games soon. 

Also, that bundle is pretty nice. Killzone Shadowfall is $60 and the extra controller and camera are both $60 a piece.

Second Son looks so awesome! It sucks that its not a launch game, thank god Febuary is not too far out.
the wait is going to kill me, it's literally the only ps4 game I MUST get.

i'm half tempted by watch_dogs but it hasn't impressed me enough

i'm wishing rockstar would announce a ps4/xbo version of GTA5 for christmas. (as a secret project)

not getting ps4 right away but when i get the system in march it will be second son looks like the best launch window game right now thats only on ps4.

heck im not even sold on getting the other thing at launch im thinking of just getting all the games i want to play on pc or current gen.

not getting ps4 right away but when i get the system in march it will be second son looks like the best launch window game right now thats only on ps4.

heck im not even sold on getting the other thing at launch im thinking of just getting all the games i want to play on pc or current gen.
yeah ultimately i may try to sell off my launch unit for a profit and pick one up in feb when the game comes out but we'll see. stock shouldn't be an issue

i have never seen anyone flip flop so much on whether or not they are getting a console at all, at launch, or just at some point.

Gaikai would be great if it was with PS+. I'm really hoping it pans out so I can play some PS3 games I've missed out on since I don't own a PS3.
So just got my third year of ps+ yesterday at best buy (39.99 after 10 RZGC discount). Reason Im saying this is that they didnt have any PS+ cards left that had the price listed on the card, the blue colored ones. They had these new cards I had not seen yet that say 1 year on the them, no price, and are black and white with no graphics. Again no price printed on the card.

Signals to me that ps+ is going up in price at some point and retailers didnt want to have to deal with it like they did with xbox live going up and still having all these old cards that listed the old live price. That must be why saw so many deals on it lately from best buy, trying to clear out stock of those old cards.

So just got my third year of ps+ yesterday at best buy (39.99 after 10 RZGC discount). Reason Im saying this is that they didnt have any PS+ cards left that had the price listed on the card, the blue colored ones. They had these new cards I had not seen yet that say 1 year on the them, no price, and are black and white with no graphics. Again no price printed on the card.

Signals to me that ps+ is going up in price at some point and retailers didnt want to have to deal with it like they did with xbox live going up and still having all these old cards that listed the old live price. That must be why saw so many deals on it lately from best buy, trying to clear out stock of those old cards.
I don't think so since Sony mentioned at the E3 press conference that PS+ will still be $49.99.

I pre-ordered a launch console the moment Sony's E3 press conference was over. I'm looking forward to Killzone and Watch Dogs the most, but Second Son is a very close 2nd/3rd in that line. I also want to make a confession...I pre-ordered an XBO when they reversed all of their policies. I had no intention of buying one with all of the previous policies. I'm also stoked for Titanfall. Just yesterday, I came to a stark revelation: The Xbox One is simply not for me. It all comes down to games, and the Xbox One just doesn't have anything that interests me. Ryse is getting panned early on, and that was the only game I thought looked ok. Titanfall is also coming to the 360 and PC (I have both). I have no interest in the TV features. I have no interest in Kinect or its features. Halo is stale. As an "older" school gamer (grew up with an NES and beyond), I'm just interested in what Microsoft is offering this generation. My friends seem to be in the same boat. 

I just wanted to get this off my chest, and will most likely be canceling my day one XBO console soon. I'm, for the first time as a gamer, buying one next generation console, and that will be the PS4.

xgr2.png

I didn't know this but Sony is apparently one of only 6 companies that sponsors FIFA. The partnership is similar to what Microsoft is doing with the NFL here in the USA.

20130821_sceja_thumb.png

Sony will also be holding a press conference on 9/9/2013 in Japan ahead of Tokyo Game Show.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-driveclub-ps-plus-edition-is-the-full-game-minus-a-few-cars-and-tracks

"You can earn the Platinum Trophy from the PS Plus Edition. When you upgrade from the PS Plus Edition you get the full edition, which doesn't require a PS Plus subscription. There will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edition from the PS+ edition, but prices won't be announced for a few more weeks yet."

Sounds good to me. DriveClub looks like fun.
this is incredibly reasonable. looking forward to trying it out.

Are you going to get an X One instead?
No, just on the verge of waiting a year because I have so many games left for PS3/360 left to play through I already own and a lot I haven't bought yet. Some haven't even come out yet. I probably have at least a year of content to play still.

The. I look at the Wii U price drop + Zelda bundle and realize that Sony will probably do something similar for holiday 2014, I'm just becoming less and less interested in buying at launch. If I buy at launch and play only 1 game....maybe 2 in a year and play PS3/360 stuff most of the time is it really worth it?

Sony showing 50 games at TGS, including Capcom’s Deep Down
Sony will bring 50 titles to Tokyo Games Show this month. Among the line-up is Capcom’s online PS4 game Deep Down.

CVG reports that Sony confirmed 50 games for the show in a press release, and that it will have ten PS4 games in tow including Knack and Deep Down.

We reported on Deep Down’s impending TGS reveal here, and spooled off some early details, along with the most recent trailer.

Among Sony’s PS Vita and PS3 TGS line-up are Tearaway, PES 2014, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 and Gran Turismo 6.

Sony has also confirmed it will host a keynote address at the show.

Tokyo Games Show 2013 runs September 19 to 22. What are you most looking forward to from the show?

No, just on the verge of waiting a year because I have so many games left for PS3/360 left to play through I already own and a lot I haven't bought yet. Some haven't even come out yet. I probably have at least a year of content to play still.

The. I look at the Wii U price drop + Zelda bundle and realize that Sony will probably do something similar for holiday 2014, I'm just becoming less and less interested in buying at launch. If I buy at launch and play only 1 game....maybe 2 in a year and play PS3/360 stuff most of the time is it really worth it?
I doubt PS4 will have a price drop by next year. Maybe a game packed in with it at most.

Canceled my PS4 preorder on Amazon.  Just can't justify buying one at launch when I'm not that interested in any of the games (just mildly in Killzone) and I still have so much to play on PS3.  Taking a couple extra trips this fall to, so the money can go toward that instead.

I'll grab one in spring or summer when there are more games and some retailer deal (free gift card with purchase or whatever).

Sony is allegedly working on a PlayStation 4 VR headset to rival the Oculus Rift.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/sony-allegedly-working-on-playstation-4-vr-headset
I honestly wonder if we'll ever see working, consumer level VR. It's been such a hot word in gaming for a such a long time but the Oculus Rift is probably the first time it seems possible at the consumer level. I was hoping PS4 would support Oculus after some Sony exec (I think it was the president?) said something about the Oculus Rift, but it seems like it'll have it's own proprietary unit.

Welp, It looks like the PS4 will be first to hit the store shelves this November. I know its only a week, but I think it was important for them to launch first. Get a week of good press and hype, and maybe sway a few people who were on the fence on which console to get.

I honestly wonder if we'll ever see working, consumer level VR. It's been such a hot word in gaming for a such a long time but the Oculus Rift is probably the first time it seems possible at the consumer level. I was hoping PS4 would support Oculus after some Sony exec (I think it was the president?) said something about the Oculus Rift, but it seems like it'll have it's own proprietary unit.
Yeah, I was kinda hoping Sony would team up with OR instead of being a direct competitor, some of the OR hands on reviews are saying its truly a gamechanging experience. Hopefully Sony's product will be on the same level or better.

Welp, It looks like the PS4 will be first to hit the store shelves this November. I know its only a week, but I think it was important for them to launch first. Get a week of good press and hype, and maybe sway a few people who were on the fence on which console to get.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping Sony would team up with OR instead of being a direct competitor, some of the OR hands on reviews are saying its truly a gamechanging experience. Hopefully Sony's product will be on the same level or better.

Yet when the X1 was hyped to be launched first it wasn't going to matter right? :lol:

with my one fully paid off i cna't wait for this thing and it's only two months away gta should make that time go really fast :D
just wanted to reiterate cuz i think its hilarious

bread's done
Back