PlayStation Network 10 for 2010 Sale

bue

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5198]8146[/IMG-R]The Playstation Blog brings news of many 50% deals to be had in the Playstation Network store which end on Wednesday, Jan 27th. Amazon has some of the deals on their online store too.

:ps3: Critter Crunch $3.49
:ps3: Burn Zombie Burn $4.99
:ps3: Braid $7.49
:ps3: Tank Battles $3.49
:ps3: Uno $3.99
:ps3: Gravity Crash $4.99
:ps3: ZEN Pinball $4.99
:psp: Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament $14.99
:psp: Kurulin Fusion $2.49
:psp: Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign $4.99
:psp: Crystal Defenders PSP $4.99
:psp: Creature Defense $3.99
:psp: Thexder Neo $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
On Friday morning, I received an alert that Amazon's price for Braid had dropped, but I didn't realize it was part of a larger sale 'til now.

It's a shame they aren't discounting Zen Pinball at Amazon. :cry:

[quote name='mtgrungoblins']got critter crunch and thexder neo, thx OP[/QUOTE]

you remember playing the original Thexder? I have fond memories of it on my frist PC that actually had a CD-Rom (before there were even 2x, 4x, etc!!) When I saw that Thexder NEO was around I wanted it, definitely grabbed it on this sale, don't regret it!!

[quote name='token2k6']you remember playing the original Thexder? I have fond memories of it on my frist PC that actually had a CD-Rom (before there were even 2x, 4x, etc!!) When I saw that Thexder NEO was around I wanted it, definitely grabbed it on this sale, don't regret it!![/QUOTE]

I picked up Thexder Neo because I remember playing Thexder (tho I don't remember much of it.). Haven't load up Thexder Neo yet but I am a sucker for this kind of things.

I just watched some video on youtube, oh memories!

[quote name='seanw']To answer my own question, it looks like Earthworm Jim HD is going to be released next week.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear about this. I just looked around and couldn't find any release date info. You got me really excited and I'm gonna be sad if it's not true. :cry:

so I checked a review of uno... looks like they added a bunch of new rules. I dont think I am going to buy that as I may not like them. I really enjoy uno attack however so that "board" game will have to suffice.

[quote name='fei33']Does anybody know if the Amazon PSN credit received from the Best Buy Cyber Monday Deal Match has to be used all at once? I got a $20 promotional credit when I purchased God of War Collection on PS3, and I want to know whether or not I can spend $11.00 now on Critter Crunch and Braid while saving the rest until another PSN Deal or the expiration on 3/31/10 (whichever comes first). If not, I'll go ahead and burn up all of it, but I was curious. Thank you in advance. ^^[/QUOTE]

You can use it at different times. I used my $20 promo credit in Pixeljunk Shooter, Pixeljunk Monsters Encore and Critter Crunch. All were purchased in separate transactions.

Tried out the demos for Uno and Critter Crunch as soon as the deal went live, then purchased both of them about a half-hour later. Nice deals.

I did a quick search here and at Amazon but I didn't see anything...anyone know if these codes ever expire? I'll be picking up my PS3 sometime around the FFXIII launch.

I haven't seen anything on codes expiring... I don't see why they would though, once you buy a copy of the game it's yours, can download and re-download to your heart's content. I stockpile psn cards and sometimes won't get around to using them until a month or two later and haven't had problems.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can we stop discussing ways to evade taxes. Thank You.[/QUOTE]
why? u enjoy paying taxes. the math is simple
no taxes = more games

[quote name='EVERYONE POSTING THESE PAST FEW'].......[/QUOTE]

No likes paying taxes but still...
Piracy & Other Illegal Acts
You may not use CAG to make available information on the acquisition or use of pirated content, circumvention of copy protection, and software or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. Requesting or providing links or invitations to web sites which contain this information or content is not allowed. You may not use CAG to discuss, buy, sell, or trade pirated content or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. You may not use CAG to violate local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to administrative regulations and any other regulations having the force of law.

[quote name='polo14player']did u have to download the demo of cc to get the full game??[/QUOTE]
You can do whatever - If you already have the demo installed, when you purchase it you basically download a 6KB "key" to unlock the full game. Or you can buy it right there and download everything together. It works both ways though :)

Picked up Critter Crunch, Burn Zombie Burn and Tank Battles off Amazon using the last $10 of the $20 PSN credit that I got around Black Friday.

Now I need to get Zen Pinball directly off PSN since I'm a pinball addict (real and virtual)!

Any opinions on Gravity Crash?

[quote name='James in VA']Any opinions on Gravity Crash?[/QUOTE]

It's awesome. It's probably my favorite of the ones on sale (I got Critter Crunch, Burn Zombie Burn, Gravity Crash, Zen Pinball, and Tank Battles). Well worth the $5, definitely worth the normal $10, but probably not more. I suggest watching the giant bomb video somebody linked to earlier to see if you'd like a game like that.

How's the UNO community of PSN? Only want to pick it up for the online play as the players on 360 are TEH GAYZ.

must be having a huge brain fart or something...I just purchased critter crunch, it had me download a 6kb game unlock file but where the hell is the actual game download? I have to be missing something here...there is nothing on my media bar...zen pinball is there, which I also just bought...help?

-matty

[quote name='mattyp33']must be having a huge brain fart or something...I just purchased critter crunch, it had me download a 6kb game unlock file but where the hell is the actual game download? I have to be missing something here...there is nothing on my media bar...zen pinball is there, which I also just bought...help?

-matty[/QUOTE]

That is the unlock key or whatever it is called. Download the demo to unlock.

[quote name='LordSMVS']No likes paying taxes but still...
You may not use CAG to make available information on the acquisition or use of pirated content, circumvention of copy protection, and software or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. Requesting or providing links or invitations to web sites which contain this information or content is not allowed. You may not use CAG to discuss, buy, sell, or trade pirated content or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. You may not use CAG to violate local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to administrative regulations and any other regulations having the force of law.[/QUOTE]
:drool:
And i like paying taxes:bouncy:It means I have money to spend.

gravity crash demo was ok - its hard to control the ship.
zen pinball demo - dont think it's as good as pinball fx on the 360
just a reminder i think sale ends at midnight 2nite

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Critter Crunch and UNO. Got CC for myself and UNO for the wife. Uno is pretty good online since it seems like a bunch of people picked it up on the sale.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']You can do whatever - If you already have the demo installed, when you purchase it you basically download a 6KB "key" to unlock the full game. Or you can buy it right there and download everything together. It works both ways though :)[/QUOTE]
That's something that's been implemented more and more - game purchases on PSN (Critter Crunch for one) require you to download both the demo version and then an unlock key that actually gives you the full version. Problem is, I tend to delete a demo of a game that I'm about to purchase so that I don't waste hard drive space, but then I forget about the unlock key thing so then I end up having to re-download the demo anyhow. Sigh.

I got critter crunch and zen pinball. I can honestly recommend both. Critter crunch has a lot of depth which you don't realize at the start. Zen pinball is fun not to mention it has $2.50 dlc which gets you your choice of a street fighter table or ninja gaiden table. Gravity crash is cool in the early levels but they all turn into speed runs end game. The destroying building and structures becomes a time waster which is a shame. Burn Zombie Burn was average. Not bad but not great either. IDK about Uno. Critter crunch, braid, and zen pinball are the stars of the sale. Bzb and gravity crash are in my opinion not worth full price but are worth it during the sale if your into the genre they fit in. I have no idea on uno. Tank battles suck. I've seen better flash tank games.

Oh did someone mention zin pinball on xbox? From the research I did before I bought the ps3 version it seems that this is the better one. I've read that the 360 one is not even that great while a lot of people enjoy the ps3 one. Seems to me if you liked zen on the 360 your going to forget about it once you get it on ps3. Keep in mind I have not played zen on 360.

[quote name='LordSMVS']No likes paying taxes but still...
You may not use CAG to make available information on the acquisition or use of pirated content, circumvention of copy protection, and software or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. Requesting or providing links or invitations to web sites which contain this information or content is not allowed. You may not use CAG to discuss, buy, sell, or trade pirated content or hardware which enables the use of pirated content. You may not use CAG to violate local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to administrative regulations and any other regulations having the force of law.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I grabbed Critter Crunch, Burn Zombie Burn, and Tank Battles. CC is amazingly addictive, BZB I havent quite gotten used to the controls yet, and TB I'm saving for the weekend. Overall, well worth the $12.71 spent.

Hopefully tomorrow's sale will be just as good as this one. Still kicking myself for missing Gunstar Heroes a couple of weeks back.

bread's done
Back